Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Here's a complete track repack of Zhejiang as there were at least four updates to be folded in and it was easy to miss some:
  • New EXT_CONFIG by CrisT86 featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX,
  • New VAO Patches by CrisT86
  • DIGIFLAGS Fix (it can still have some small issue, but yeah, they works) by CrisT86
  • Updated UI by CrisT86
  • New TV cams for all layouts by CrisT86
  • Fixed pitlane by KevinK2
  • Billboard/flags skin & rocks fix + NM by Masscot
  • Anti-flicker/z-fighting fixes by 313
  • LODs corrected by Norms
(Not sure how long this link will be up, so you snooze, you lose. Please don't ask me for a re-up)

Make sure to activate both skins.
I will check the anti-flicker/z-fighting fix, i'm curious to learn how to fix it, he worked on the 3D in order to fix it? There's a tut or guide for that? Thanks for the full update ;)

Last edited:
Would love some high quality CSP enabled indoor tracks. It should be pretty immersive in VR.

65011237_722085048226310_5722605611917508608_o-e1562337402204.jpg

22770914_1952932168257148_8744379285408531840_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
I am aware of these indoor kart tracks in AC, but I would not say, that they are high quality:

- Shinjuku (2 layouts), coming with 15 other kart-layouts (Sonoma, Suzuka) in this pack: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/karting-track-pack.html

- Tomodachi Kartland: this is half kart-indoor and drift-outdoor and only freeroam: https://www.vosan.co/tracks/fun-tracks/tomodachi-kartland-13/

Big problems with Content Manager (last version)
@Cozy61 @racealot

After the last CM update, we all have bugs, especially with the custom championships.
I downloaded an old version of the CM
For this moment no problem with 0.8.2245.37760 version
You can find all release here :

Thanks a lot to @313 and @xezez for your help !!!!!!!!!!!

Do not forget to disable updates in the CM settings otherwise return to the latest version and the bugs will be back !!!
Maybe wait for a more stable version 😉

View attachment 1064418
is it version 0.8.2301.38578 having bugs?

Does anyone have a alternate download link for the Hyundai Genesis GT4?? The download link on AssetoLand is not working, it just leads to a deleted file message on MEGA.

Last edited:

@RMi_wood thank's for the trees tutorial, works perfect

Captura.png

But it has been a nightmare to rename more than 200 trees of one type, 80 of another, +150 bush, etc etc

All that after having placed it hahahah well, I just learned how important it is to rename before doing ... nothing 🤣
thanks.
yes, good naming helps everything

you can group them by material or object fairly easy in 3dsimed. I would use 2 or 3 smaller groups if possible if the trees are like in your pic.

CT86 Blackwood Reloaded 2020 v1.0 by GrandSurf Updated by CrisT86 for AC 1.16.3

Is far from being perfect like the tracks provided us by RT, LilSki, FatAlfie and so on, but for the moment is the best i can do, as knowledge and time i have to dedicate it.

All the credits goes to who made it first, then ported to AC and updated last time till i put my hands on it

Changelog:

• New folder name, so no overwrite for older version
  • Added no chicane layout
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • LightFX
  • New AI
  • New replay cameras 3 set (same camera placement, different FOVS)

https://sharemods.com/3tqwy8yv9w7f/...urf_Updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.rar.html

Hope you like it

View attachment 953544 View attachment 953545 View attachment 953546 View attachment 953547 View attachment 953548 View attachment 953549
Did someone have this one (@CrisT86)? The old link is dead...

Last edited:
I made a feedback ilja of the bug messages that were noted here

a new menu has been added in object inspector of the development version of CSP to animate wipers without having to make a ksanim
If you have a direct line to Ilja then please ask him to investigate a possible memory leak in CM that's been there for years.
The CM UI soon slows to a crawl if you do a lot of navigating around the car/track selection screens.
I reported this ages ago but heard nothing back.
Others have mentioned it too, here, on RD and on Discord.

Last edited:
Also i thought CSP was a perpetual beta anyway so seems odd to find out some people get a beta of a beta. I mean CSP has never been 'fixed' as it were, there is always something.
For example if i put 1.69 rain fx has some annoying bugs which 1.75 rain fixes, but then breaks other stuff that is fine in 1.69 rain for example..

Also i assume that as a tester EASY got the car LOD modifier before many so that explains why he started suddenly making lods and asking for donations....classy.

Also i thought CSP was a perpetual beta anyway so seems odd to find out some people get a beta of a beta. I mean CSP has never been 'fixed' as it were, there is always something.
For example if i put 1.69 rain fx has some annoying bugs which 1.75 rain fixes, but then breaks other stuff that is fine in 1.69 rain for example..

Also i assume that as a tester EASY got the car LOD modifier before many so that explains why he started suddenly making lods and asking for donations....classy.
Something will always be not quite right or bugged because the rainFX versions are netting him 8000euro + a month. It justifys keeping it in development. You'll never see a finished, fully working free version. Ever.

Something will always be not quite right or bugged because the rainFX versions are netting him 8000euro + a month. It justifys keeping it in development. You'll never see a finished, fully working free version. Ever.
I tend to agree with this. I'm more and more frustrated about CSP. Things were great about a year or so ago and there's constantly new "features" etc being added that are not really needed. A good solid, stable version incorporating weather and time of day would be just fine.

I tend to agree with this. I'm more and more frustrated about CSP. Things were great about a year or so ago and there's constantly new "features" etc being added that are not really needed. A good solid, stable version incorporating weather and time of day would be just fine.
Yeah, quite a few people have expressed frustration that new features seem to take priority over stability and bug fixes but only those in the inner circle will ever really know if this is the case.
We need to remember that none of us would probably still be loving AC without CM, CSP (and Sol) and AC modding might have diminished to practically zero by now if people migrated to other sims that had dynamic ToD and weather and a lot of other things that CSP now allows.
The shader patch is a mod and might therefore be in perpetual beta, but it's already enhanced AC beyond measure and Ilja owes us nothing. CSP is effectively free. I think we're all extremely grateful for what he's already done and continues to do, aren't we? Ilja's apparently working for Reiza now (and reportedly has been for some months) so CSP development might slow down even more, but I can't see him abandoning it any time soon. Just enjoy it (and it's occasional quirks and bugs) for what it is and hope that each update will bring improvements.

Volvo S60R BTCC v1.1
Goran Martensson / Mahem3000 / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed collider.kn5
Fixed tyres.ini
Fixed setup.ini
Fixed F6 cameras
Fixed rear lights in 3d model
Add Wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1311

volvo_s60r_btcc_1998.png
Were the wipers on this car done using this new in-development wiper creation feature that you mentioned? They look and work really well - sounds like quite a useful feature, like the recent automatic LODs creator.
BTW, the bump stitching on this car needs changing to 'alpha testing' otherwise it creates transparent gaps, most noticeable on the steering wheel.
ksAmbient down to 0.1 helps the stitching blend in better too.
It'd be good if the HUGE gearknob was shrunk a little too, it's like a coconut at the moment.
;)
Paging all skin-makers too, we need some variety here.

no not at all, I have the content manager updates at the same time as everyone else and not in advance, I always create my LOD with blender before the tool added to CM

Were the wipers on this car done using this new in-development wiper creation feature that you mentioned? They look and work really well - sounds like quite a useful feature, like the recent automatic LODs creator.
BTW, the bump stitching on this car needs changing to 'alpha testing' otherwise it creates transparent gaps, most noticeable on the steering wheel.
It'd be good if the HUGE gearknob was shrunk a little too, it's like a coconut at the moment.
😉
no, I do my wiper animation with blender, not yet tested the tool

Yeah, quite a few people have expressed frustration that new features seem to take priority over stability and bug fixes but only those in the inner circle will ever really know if this is the case.
We need to remember that none of us would probably still be loving AC without CM, CSP (and Sol) and AC modding might have diminished to practically zero by now if people migrated to other sims that had dynamic ToD and weather and a lot of other things that CSP now allows.
The shader patch is a mod and might therefore be in perpetual beta, but it's already enhanced AC beyond measure and Ilja owes us nothing. CSP is effectively free. I think we're all extremely grateful for what he's already done and continues to do, aren't we? Ilja's apparently working for Reiza now (and reportedly has been for some months) so CSP development might slow down even more, but I can't see him abandoning it any time soon. Just enjoy it (and it's occasional quirks and bugs) for what it is and hope that each update will bring improvements.
ilja is working on CSP much more than you may think, I'm currently testing the 1.75 preview 33 and the changelog list is impressive more than 65 lines, this version is very stable and fixes a lot of problems, I found only one bug that I returned to ilja

Ford GT GTE LMS v1.1
Assettogarage / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed tyres.ini
Fixed aero.ini
Fixed collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fixed setup.ini
Add wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1319

ag_fordgt_gte.png

Last edited by a moderator:

😉
what wipers tool? where?

I can see your point, and i agree up to a point.
He makes 10k a month from just rain fx patreon for example. So if he walked away for several months to concentrate on AMS2 (which he really should be doing anyway) that could be 30-40k for doing nothing.

I get that he deserves reward, but he does owe us continued support and proper fixes for 10k a month ongoing.

He stops and walks away now he owes us nothing i agree. But he is taking money monthly which is little for individual's but adds up to a lot.

If by working for Reiza he has less time to do much or contracting out the workflow, I feel it's worth knowing.
2 months no new rain preview, EASY says he has 1.75 preview 33 which i am sure was leaked a while ago anyway.

People won't like this because these days everything is a cult, but its just an opinion no need for any abuse, and happy to be proved wrong if someone tells me he spends 6 hours a day fiddling with CSP after a 7 hour shift for Reiza.

Last edited:
Here's a complete track repack of Zhejiang as there were at least four updates to be folded in and it was easy to miss some:
  • DIGIFLAGS Fix (it can still have some small issue, but yeah, they works) by CrisT86
  • Updated UI by CrisT86
(Not sure how long this link will be up, so you snooze, you lose. Please don't ask me for a re-up)

Great circuit if you love slow corners. Terrific production values. Beautiful!

He makes 10k a month from just rain fx patreon for example. So if he walked away for several months to concentrate on AMS2 (which he really should be doing anyway) that could be 30-40k for doing nothing.

I get that he deserves reward, but he does owe us continued support and proper fixes for 10k a month ongoing.

He stops and walks away now he owes us nothing i agree. But he is taking money monthly which is little for individual's but adds up to a lot.

If by working for Reiza he has less time to do much or contracting out the workflow, I feel it's worth knowing.
2 months no new rain preview, EASY says he has 1.75 preview 33 which i am sure was leaked a while ago anyway.

People won't like this because these days everything is a cult, but its just an opinion no need for any abuse, and happy to be proved wrong if someone tells me he spends 6 hours a day fiddling with CSP after a 7 hour shift for Reiza.
the preview 33 is 3 days old, you say a lot without knowing anything

• Updated UI by CrisT86

Very nice updates, but when I go through the pit lane and cross the s/f line the lap doesn't advance which in a race will be quite problematic. I think if that is fixed the track is ready to race

@TMLM please if you have time, try this fix, overwrite the original (make a backup first) and let me know if the problem is fixed on both layouts, main and reverse

Attachments

• fix.zip.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 26

Austria 2021: BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich - Track Skin 2.2.1

By: Random Finn

This is a significant update I made to my recent track skin to adjust sponsors, trees, and the palette for the 2021 Von Österreich Austrian Grand Prix.

Some textures are borrowed from @Blackcelica and Johnr777 with permission.

SOME TEXTURES MAY APPEAR MIRRORED, REPEATED, AND CROPPED. THIS IS BECAUSE THE KUNOS VERSION IS NOT VERY FLEXIBLE WITH CUSTOM TEXTURES.

Skin_1_Update_4.jpg

Skin_2_Update_4.jpg

Skin_3_Update_4_After.jpg

Skin_4_Update_4.jpg

Skin_5_Update_4.jpg

Changelog:
  • Changed Crypto Sponsor to better fit billboards
  • Added new tree textures courtesy of Johnr777 on RD
  • Adjusted colour palette of trees
  • Made Asphalt a touch darker and smoother
  • Fixed seat colours
  • Updated Grandstand billboard to look more life-like than a flat image
  • Added missing ui_track_skin.json for easier CM compatibility (Thanks to webcrumb on RD)
Before and After Images:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Last edited:

That's one way to look at it.
Another way is that Ilja isn't contractually obligated to deliver anything to anyone. He hasn't demanded a fee of $10k a month to deliver updates, people choose to pay that to support what he's done/is doing on CM and CSP, and for early access to test builds (previews) of upcoming public releases. He has absolutely no control over what Patreon delivers every month, the market is setting that amount.
Some people might assume that they are paying him in return for deliverables, but that really isn't the case. If anyone isn't happy with the quality or frequency of the updates or feel like they're being conned, then they can vote with their wallets.... just like they are doing now to the tune of $10k+ per month. But for anyone to be unhappy because they suspect he isn't spending "6 hours a day fiddling with CSP after a 7 hour shift for Reiza"... that's crazy. I've no idea how anyone could think he owes them that.

@TMLM please if you have time, try this fix, overwrite the original (make a backup first) and let me know if the problem is fixed on both layouts, main and reverse
Thanks for the fix, I tried both layouts, but it still doesn't work. Maybe that's because the pit lane it a bit lower than the s/f line (don't know whether that even makes a difference at all). Also I noticed that as soon as I enter pit lane my lap gets invalidated, don't remember whether that's normal or not

Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.3

1625321693331.jpeg

Credits

Goran Martensson / Mahem3000 / ACTK / FaB

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.22 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. updated paint shaders to match Kunos standard
. replaced placement mirror texture with a proper mirror plus changed shader to reflect
. added AO to wheels
. new more optimized LODs
. white testing skin that you can change colour with in paint shop
. stitching transparent fixed

I plan to update this more but thought I would get this out at the weekend. Mirrors need better mapping and @Masscot wants gear shrinking? I'll also make a better template for skin maker as it would be very nice to have more skins for this mod. And a few other small things to tweak.

Please enjoy and have a nice weekend!
-FaB

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.3

I have updated and added a few more things to the Volvo. Also is included a PSD template for making skins easier with AO layer inside.

. added LR cockpit
. optimised some objects and textures
. fixed wheel blur not transparent
. fixed stithcing on door
. fixed skin (black on roof, bottom text on one side)
. added red skin
. remapped mirrors
. adjusted some emissive like lights and dials
. shrunk gear knob slightly
. added VAO (internal and external)
. added dirt glass

Download - Volvo S60R BTCC

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back