Fix tyres.ini
new wiper animation
new lod
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1323

btcc_1994_volvo_850_estate_rev.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
No, the Kunos version, but 32 pit
I recall bookmarking this old link long while ago. A nice modder had extended the pit boxes for most of the Kunos tracks, but you need to make a account first to download the files.

Tip: To avoid any problems don't modify any the original Kuno's tracks files, instead just place the new files within the Kuno's folder like so. That way CM will still register it as Kuno's track rather then modded track.

Screenshot (22559).jpg

BTCC 1994 Volvo 850 Estate v1.31
Mystery Modder / ACTK
Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fix tyres.ini
new wiper animation
new lod
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1323

btcc_1994_volvo_850_estate_rev.png
v1.31
the brake disc was offset on the left front wheel fixed
different shader values between the body and the front doors fixed
transparency problem on the wheels fixed
shaders problem on Blurred rims fixed

Anybody here, who plays AC with a 34 inch 21:9 monitor?
Would you recommend it?
I want to upgrade my monitor vom a 27 inch 16:9 to the bigger one.
If you can afford the extra $$$, I'd highly recommend going to a 49" 32:9. I use a Samsung one and really like it. It's more like the width of a car windscreen than a 34".

My Graphicscard is a NVidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super.
Is it strong enough?
Should easily do the job.

Hi Guys - Wanted to ask your advice - I've ordered an m.2 ssd and plan to use this as my main AC drive (currently running on an external regular HDD). I want to copy my AC files and Mods over to the new drive. Is it as simple as creating a steam folder on the new drive and manually copying everything over into that new steam folder, as well as copying content manager over?

I know there is an option to move a game over via steam, but it says AC is only 48gb or so, whereas my actual AC folder is around 440gb. I'm guessing if I do that, it won't move the mods over?

Many thanks
There are lots of videos on youtube that provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this. As long as your new drive is big enough for your old AC folder, there's no need to do any re-installtion from Steam whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'll share how I set up the trees for Track Modder.
If anyone knows a better way than this, please let me know.
I will write a method with two software, 3DS MAX and Blender.
Note: Only works with X Trees. So the main use is for conversion.
Reference: setting-up trees

--------------------
For those using 3DSMAX
1.Aggregate trees of the same material
2.Convert to editable polygon
3.Connect vertices from 0.05m to 0.1m
4.Geometry → All squares
5.Launch Detach Elements (3dsmax script)
6.Check Center Pivot (+ Convert to Mesh) of Detach Elements
7.Detach
8.Renamed to KSTREE_GROUP_ ”anyname“ _ ”number”
9.Move the base point of the object to the bottom
10.Export

--------------------
For those using Blender (I used 2.93)
1.Select a tree with Shift + L for each same material
2.Aggregate with Ctrl + J
(3.On the wire frame)
4.Edit mode
5.Square with Alt + J
6.With parts structurally separated by P
7.Object Mode> Object → Set Origin → Move Origin to Geometry
8.Change the name with the following script
import bpy if True: i=100 prefix='KSTREE_GROUP_A_' postfix='' start=i for ob in bpy.context.selected_objects: ob.name=prefix+str(i)+postfix i+=1 if ob.type == 'MESH': ob.data.name=ob.name print(ob.name) print(str(i-start) + ' objects renamed')
Reference: RandomBlenderCode
Please change A of KSTREE_GROUP_A_ as appropriate
9.Export
--------------------
Screenshot_magnycours21_7-6-121-13-27-6.jpg

By doing the above, you should be able to see the changes like the image.
The image has not changed the shader numbers.
I'm not good at English, so I think there are some parts that aren't communicated to you.
I hope it helps you.

Edit; The code of blender is not displayed well, so please refer to the reference URL.

Last edited:
AMBUSH CANYON

There are no AI lines or cams and I probably won't bother due to dissatisfaction with the end result and my setup simply refuses to save AI candidate files for reasons unknown to me.
I think the reason why you cannot save an AI line is because there is no lap counting and laptime. So technically it is impossible to "finish" a lap.

v1.31
the brake disc was offset on the left front wheel fixed
different shader values between the body and the front doors fixed
transparency problem on the wheels fixed
shaders problem on Blurred rims fixed
Thanks for the further updates. If you update the car again would it be a big job to extend the length of the wiper blade? It should ideally be longer so that it overlaps the sun screen, meaning it'll wipe a lot more of the glass, especially at the sides of the windscreen. As it currently is, turning right in heavy rain can be tricky because of the big blind spot in front of the driver.
It should be more like this, almost up to the rubber seal at the top of the glass:

1625641795941.png

Hi.
Can someone tell me if it is still possible to find this Saxo Kit Car Evo 1 for AC please ?
It seems to me that it was assettogarage that had taken it out but I'm not sure.
Thank you

I saw someone was after a SUBARU IMPREZA
I got this in my inventory, I know nothing about it or even drive it

View attachment 1065768
View attachment 1065769
It looks good but I always download rally cars with a pinch of salt. They're usually bad converts from Colin McRae games or RBR

Does anyone have any idea why grass is red at night and how can I fix it? Actually it is the original grass material the turns red at night

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_serres_circuit_7-6-121-13-48-27.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_serres_circuit_7-6-121-13-48-27.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Can someone remind me how we get rid of these annoying half patched car notifications, as I recal it had something to do with a version number that had to be editted.

(ie: you can update these but they always remain there asking to be updated again, to exactly the same version)

View attachment 1064770
Most of the time, the problem come from the version number (my experience).
For sample, about the Mazda RX-7 FD3S Spirit, I installed the update and the version installed was 'v1.4' but on the description window of the update, the version is '1.40'
You only need to change the version by '1.40' on 'Author' tab in CM/Cars.

I hope it's clear enough 😁

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea why grass is red at night and how can I fix it? Actually it is the original grass material the turns red at night

Thanks
I suppose wrong shader settings. Fix them directly in kn5 file or with "SHADER_REPLACEMENT" settings in config. Send me track link and your config and I´ll take a look if you want. :)
Does anybody have this please, link is dead.
View attachment 1065832
Here you find a working link:

shi
Hi,
I'll share how I set up the trees for Track Modder.
If anyone knows a better way than this, please let me know.
I will write a method with two software, 3DS MAX and Blender.
Note: Only works with X Trees. So the main use is for conversion.
Reference: setting-up trees

--------------------
For those using 3DSMAX
1.Aggregate trees of the same material
2.Convert to editable polygon
3.Connect vertices from 0.05m to 0.1m
4.Geometry → All squares
5.Launch Detach Elements (3dsmax script)
6.Check Center Pivot (+ Convert to Mesh) of Detach Elements
7.Detach
8.Renamed to KSTREE_GROUP_ ”anyname“ _ ”number”
9.Move the base point of the object to the bottom
10.Export

--------------------
For those using Blender (I used 2.93)
1.Select a tree with Shift + L for each same material
2.Aggregate with Ctrl + J
(3.On the wire frame)
4.Edit mode
5.Square with Alt + J
6.With parts structurally separated by P
7.Object Mode> Object → Set Origin → Move Origin to Geometry
8.Change the name with the following script
import bpy if True: i=100 prefix='KSTREE_GROUP_A_' postfix='' start=i for ob in bpy.context.selected_objects: ob.name=prefix+str(i)+postfix i+=1 if ob.type == 'MESH': ob.data.name=ob.name print(ob.name) print(str(i-start) + ' objects renamed')
Reference: RandomBlenderCode
Please change A of KSTREE_GROUP_A_ as appropriate
9.Export
--------------------
View attachment 1065753
By doing the above, you should be able to see the changes like the image.
The image has not changed the shader numbers.
I'm not good at English, so I think there are some parts that aren't communicated to you.
I hope it helps you.

Edit; The code of blender is not displayed well, so please refer to the reference URL.

Here an imo much easier way for renaming in Blender:

Thx, for sharing all your nice stuff, @shi :cheers:👍

Last edited:
Hello! Can someone help me with smoke? I did full AC reinstall and still nothing... I just can't see CSP smoke when I'm drifting. The default (without csp) smoke I can so Idk what's going on ;( Here are my settings:

Attachments

• In game.jpg
    In game.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 24
  • AC settings.png
    AC settings.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 24
  • CSP settings.png
    CSP settings.png
    94 KB · Views: 23
View attachment 1065759

Nope, race elements is there, Ac_hotlap too
They are but where? in order to works properly, they have to be placed a bit above the track surface and a bit outside the road and runoff areas in order to keep counting in case you went off. Normally if there's a guardrail, is a good thing to place them outside it in order to keep the car "inside" the counting area.

The timing spawn, requires to be external also the pitlane in order to count the lap while you pass through it.

I always enjoyed how water puddle reflections create kind of immersion on road surface, the problem for me was, they form too slow, even on fast multiplier times, also they wait the track wetness become %100 to begin forming. Another issue for me was, you need high rain intensity for this and the rain particle effects of high rain intensities looks bit bad (beyond %30), %2-10 seems nice enough for my perception of realism.
Anyway to solve this, I modified the controller.lua file. Now, after couple of minutes, the road becomes full reflective. You just need small intensity values (2-10). I want to share the file here if anyone interested;

1625663339953.png

You need to put controller.lua into assettocorsa/extension/weather-controllers/sol2 folder

I also put my sol configuration file which I made some tweaks if anyone wants.
it goes into documents/AssettoCorsa/cfg/sol

Please backup these files originals first.

Attachments

• controller.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 49
  • sol_config.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 47
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back