Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,808 comments
Sounds good - I'm guessing that only works with AMD cards?

Would you mind trying this car and see if the wipers render properly in both eyes for you? It looks like the wipers were created in CSP, judging from the extension folder.
It's a nice car (LODs aren't the best - again, I assume they're CM ones, not hand-made), be good to have it glitch-free but I'm wondering now if I need to change a setting somewhere in CSP as a couple of cars I've tried have glitchy wipers in one eye.
No issues at all here. Both eyes see the wiper perfectly.

I think this new way of animating wipers is not as good as creating a .ksanim - it's very hard to get the axis of rotation right. But I might just need more practice. I'm trying an E-Type with triple wipers and a very curved screen at the moment and it's a nightmare!

FidelityFx is cross platform. It works on most recent NVidia cards as well as on Radeons.

A new config has been downloaded. You have now grass fx etc., but seem to be to dark on your system. What ppfilter do you use?
I made a quick fix, but imo it´ll will not be a lot brighter on your system, too. 🙁
View attachment 1067298

If you don´t want that config, you can delete it and disable config download from CM.
PPFilter ? Dawn2dusk for a good year. Never had, and never have one problem on other tracks. But why does this happen on my end ? Also CSP 1.76 just looks like utter ****. Look at that saturated mess :
Screenshot_legion_mercedes_benz_w154_spa_faux_pre_war_13-6-121-20-4-59.jpg

Came back to AC to test that but I guess I'll crawl back to rFactor for another couple of months if it continues to be a buggy mess.

Last edited:
PPFilter ? Dawn2dusk for a good year. Never had, and never have one problem on other tracks. But why does this happen on my end ? Also CSP 1.76 just looks like utter ****. Look at that saturated mess :
View attachment 1067306

Came back to AC to test that but I guess I'll crawl back to rFactor for another couple of months if it continues to be a buggy mess.
Just roll it back to 1.69 or 1.70.

View attachment 1067306

Did you try putting SOL back to it's default settings ? My copy was oversaturated too - hitting default made everything nice and pretty again.

View attachment 1067306

Have you tried to reset the SOL to default? This is mandatory for fresh install, but in your case can help too maybe

View attachment 1067306

Have you tried resetting Sol to default?

(Uhm, sorry, I had to, all good things come in threes)

1626203216506.png

This is related to AC due to the one core usage so feels on topic, but i accept i maybe wrong.
Anyway here goes.

I have been offered a PC from someone who uses it for stuff like GTA and fortnite etc. No driving sims.

They say its great and runs all game well.

its i7 6800k
gtx 1070 ti
16 ram

Currently i have i7 4790
gtx 1060
8 ram

Cursory search tells me that the 'new' one is 'better', but the i7 6800k has worse single core performance than the i7 4790.

So am i going to get any real world gains?

To add i am happy with how my current set up performs but this seems a good deal.

This is related to AC due to the one core usage so feels on topic, but i accept i maybe wrong.
Anyway here goes.

I have been offered a PC from someone who uses it for stuff like GTA and fortnite etc. No driving sims.

its i7 6800k
gtx 1070 ti
16 ram

Currently i have i7 4790
gtx 1060
8 ram

Cursory search tells me that the 'new' one is 'better', but the i7 6800k has worse single core performance than the i7 4790.

To add i am happy with how my current set up performs but this seems a good deal.
You won’t notice a great difference. If you run large grids a lot then there will be very little difference as single CPU power is paramount for AC in this case. Hot lapping etc you may notice a nice little FPS increase. The extra RAM will help to keep things smoother and run more efficient. So it really depends how much out of pocket you will be and if you only really play AC and similar games.

Anyway here goes.

its i7 6800k
gtx 1070 ti
16 ram

Currently i have i7 4790
gtx 1060
8 ram

If I had your current rig, I would personally grab some more ram (16gb minimum) and then wait until you can get a 3070 at its proper RRP. You'll see a slight bottleneck, but still a huge improvement in FPS.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I need some help, since this eve all my in-game cameras are staggered on the left.

Do you have a solution to reset the position ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Both eyes work for me. I tried both Oculus and OpenVR and both worked fine. I only started using OpenVR when this AMD FidelityFX bug was broken in Oculus. My God I wish I had tried it before. I get double the framerate (80 fps all the time instead of frequent drops to 40), no or hardly any drop in FPS in torrential rain, and (slightly) better image quality.

I've tried the URD DTM cars and a Healey 3000 I just did the wipers for. Both are rendering in both eyes.
I have a problem with the URD T5 2018 cars in VR. I get a ghosting reflection effect. This also shows up in replays. Any ideas please.

Hi guys,

I need some help, since this eve all my in-game cameras are staggered on the left.

Thanks in advance
Disable FidelityFx supersomething in content manager.

Attachments

• Content_Manager_up9PLiANwy.png
    Content_Manager_up9PLiANwy.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 54
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance
Disable
1626208292887.png

Edit: ninja´d by @nanenab

Edit 2: or make sure you have that enabled like this:

1626208404599.png

and that:

1626208432442.png

Then even AMD FidelityFX should work.

Last edited:
Does anyone have problems racing at Feldbergring? My AI race starts are always chaotic with all the cars going down the village at the start of the lap.

Anyone save a mod from Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 that works the wipers? Acdatabase and ACT80 do not work. Does csp 1.76 solve this problem? Or is it still necessary to create an animation file in Blender or 3dsmax?

Tried the car and I have the same issue, only work in left eye, in right eye, something is moving, but is gibberish.
That is with a CV1 using Oculus.
Thanks for checking mate, that puts my mind at rest that it's not a hardware issue at my end... but I wonder what the hell is causing it?
I'm on a Rift CV1, same as you. 1080ti, 7800k.

Did you get OpenVR working? I ran some non-scientific benches (using 'benchmark' in CM just crashes for some reason) and with FidelityFX on the 'Quality' setting which looks the same as my Oculus image (anything lower looks crap, 'Ulta Quality' looks no different to 'Quality' in the CV1) I was getting about 25fps - 30fps more when hot lapping, giving me a nice overhead to hit 90fps in dry sun. Impressive stuff.
There's apparently a way to run OpenVR without simultaneously having to run the Oculus software. Must look into that to gain some more CPU cycles. It'd be good to ditch Oculus altogether.

Are you seeing similar results?

there were 2 bugs that have been corrected on the test version that I currently have, the interior mirrors as on the 458 gt2 in real mirror mode and oculus VR fixed

Put both meshes in underlying surface section
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = maures_t5_2018_windows_SUB1, maures_t5_2018_windows_SUB0
sub0 - glass, sub1 - banner in my case
1626212595177.png

Now Rain isn't appearing on the mesh that I added as the underlying surface.

Code:
[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES = AUDI_90_WIPER_LADX
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = AUDI_90GTO_SUB2, AUDI_90GTO_SUB1
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
DEBUG = 1
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = AUDI_90GTO_SUB2, AUDI_90GTO_SUB1
GROUP_0 = 'AUDI_90_WIPER_LADX@A=*'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = 0.0
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 64.9
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_END = -0.159448, 1.162700, 0.398866
GROUP_0_PIVOT = 0.029867, 0.786415, 1.092485

there were 2 bugs that have been corrected on the test version that I currently have, the interior mirrors as on the 458 gt2 in real mirror mode and oculus VR fixed
Thanks - do you mean Oculus VR fixed for AMD FidelityFX, or the bug that a couple of us have with CM-created wiper animations not rendering properly in both eyes?
Could you test this car in VR and see if both wipers render properly?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back