Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
The Thrustmaster TX and TS300RS work perfectly fine with a PC. You just need to download and install the drivers from Thrustmaster's site. You'll likely find the TX feels even better on a PC. I have both of these wheels and others for R&D use. My TS-PC Racer is my favorite, but honestly, it's not a huge upgrade over the TX and TS300RS. They all provide excellent feedback with Assetto Corsa.
Sorry, yes i already have a PC, gtx 1060 and i7 4790, does a pretty good job but i keep getting tempted to get a better PC and then i panic about the transferring of all my games and settings not to mention a stupid amount of mods etc for AC.

If a could get a 1070 or 1080 for a fair price i'd do that, but its cheaper to get a whole system with a 1080 in it already.

Sorry, yes i already have a PC, gtx 1060 and i7 4790, does a pretty good job but i keep getting tempted to get a better PC and then i panic about the transferring of all my games and settings not to mention a stupid amount of mods etc for AC.

If a could get a 1070 or 1080 for a fair price i'd do that, but its cheaper to get a whole system with a 1080 in it already.
If/when moving your AC install to a new PC, make sure your AC install is on a drive other than the C/system drive. Once you install it in the new PC, Steam should be able to "re-connect" to the install.

Another option is use Steam to install AC on the new PC on a new drive, then copy your mods from the old hard drive to the newly-installed AC on the new drive. You could install the old drive in the new PC, or put the drive in an external case.

A third option is to use cloning software to make an exact copy of everything on one drive to another drive.

I recommend getting a 1TB SSD drive if you're not using one already.

Keeping your settings can be tricky. Most of your AC settings are in your user folder on your C-drive. You could back those up to an additional drive and copy them to the user folder on the new PC. You just need to be careful and test as you do it.

Last edited:
I tried the Pikes Peak track. Is it really that bumpy? Lol.
In case you missed this, I'm not sure if the mesh download fixes it or reduces the bumps.

In case you missed this, I'm not sure if the mesh download fixes it or reduces the bumps.

It doesn't change anything.

Looks like someone pushed the Gemera out first. Kinda disappointing too see the car without AO and rain functionality but eh ill be still working on my version. The interior is almost finished the texture gives off more of a orange vibe which i prefer all that is left to do is the steering wheel and some misc stuff. Then i can do the rest. Might want to try animating the orbiting camera like on the real gemera.
__custom_showroom_1626652040.png
__custom_showroom_1626652241.png

Looks like someone pushed the Gemera out first. Kinda disappointing too see the car without AO and rain functionality but eh ill be still working on my version. The interior is almost finished the texture gives off more of a orange vibe which i prefer all that is left to do is the steering wheel and some misc stuff. Then i can do the rest. Might want to try animating the orbiting camera like on the real gemera.
View attachment 1068437View attachment 1068438
That one needs work anyways, can't wait to see your version.

View attachment 1068437View attachment 1068438
Almost all the cars that were released with the Gemera have issues and need some work to finish and polish them up. Bad or missing geometry or parts of the interior, z-fighting textures, etc. The Porsche's wheels are missing, parts of the interior doors are missing on the McLaren, and other notable things.

is there any news/update regarding Ales Ogrinc? The dude seems very busy.
Working with him 8 years already and he is still a complete mystery for me. Weeks of silence, then explosion of productivity and communication then he vanishes into thin air again only giving short replies like "ok" and "cool". We're about to enter another "productivity" phase i think. 😅
Any chance you guys are trying to grab money on the rFactor 2 side of things as well?
Ales mentioned that he has someone working on rF2 side. Not sure if this has any priority to be honest.

Working with him 8 years already and he is still a complete mystery for me. Weeks of silence, then explosion of productivity and communication then he vanishes into thin air again only giving short replies like "ok" and "cool". We're about to enter another "productivity" phase i think. 😅

Ales mentioned that he has someone working on rF2 side. Not sure if this has any priority to be honest.
Fingercrossed for another "productivity" phase :D I umderstand it requires patience but it's eerily unsettling to not receive anything during the cooperation @_@"

If/when moving your AC install to a new PC, make sure your AC install is on a drive other than the C/system drive.
What is the problem having AC in the C system drive? I moved AC a few days ago to my new SSD drive where Windows in installed and all seems fine.

the link had expired, could you give me the new link,please?
we (KENNETH and myself) are now working to convert as many cars from virtua_lm to assetto corsa as possible. Its a long project but we have already many finished cars (like Joest Porsche 962 1991 1992 and 1993, Sauber C11, BRM P351, Nissan R90CK and so on) but i cannot send you the link to this cars yet until the project is done. So stay tuned...

hopefully works gonna come out soon, I cannot fkin wait to drive the GR010 and the C8R for the sake of that ****** CSR2 rip we have in AC

Attachments

• ideal_line.zip
    455.7 KB · Views: 23
Following up on my previous post, I'm trying to complete the STW grid with the correct parts... Something those scummy idiots at SimDream couldn't even do properly.

sp45aaM.png

Carina EGTi with 1994 front bumper and rear wing

I'll ask Andreas / the FRM team if I can share these - FREE - for anyone who wants them. If not... This will stay as a 'pet project'. It's amazing what 15 minutes on 3DSimed (ugh....) can do... And they asked 9e per packs for an incomplete job ? Jesus wept.
Any update on asking Andreas for permission to share these cars? Would love a correct 90s Supertouring/BTCC grid

Last edited:
Neuplanitz v1.0

View attachment 1067902

"Neuplanitz, a subdivision in the city of Zwickau, Germany is the venue for a fictional racetrack set in the neighborhood streets.
The surroundings of the track radiate the atmosphere of the old eastern block, which is suitable for almost any car...

Touring, Vintage, Open-wheel, Hillclimb, Supercar, Homologation special, GT as well as trackday specials.

The author ZEDster lives in the region and has faithfully recreated the urban layout presented here and showcases a 4.37km track,
fast and flowing with a few technical sections... you become slowly addicted as it's easy to learn.

Steeped in automotive history and automotive events, such as the Schwanenklassik (Zwickau's university classic car drive),
the Saxony Rally (https://www.avd-sachsen-rallye.de/), the Saxony Classic (https://event.motorpresse.de/sachsen-classic/) as well as the the International Trabant Driver's Meeting. This track and layout are complimentary to the Zwickau track released previously"
- m.wood 2021

View attachment 1067903
View attachment 1067904

features:
  • 22 pit/grid
  • CSP grass, rain, lights, VAO
  • physical road mesh
credits:
@ZEDster - original 3d, thank you for permissions
@RMi_wood - conversion, AI
@shi - pits/grid, physical road, rainfx, cam
@racealot - cameras

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::
(For those who care): sections file (remove .txt and place in the data folder) and logo (goes in the ui):

logo.png

Attachments

• sections.ini.txt
    425 bytes · Views: 33
Last edited:
What is the problem having AC in the C system drive? I moved AC a few days ago to my new SSD drive where Windows in installed and all seems fine.
Some applications should be stored on the C-drive, such as word processors, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. that are practically "integrated" with your operating system. However, games and Steam installs are more "independent" and easier to manage on additional drives.

If anything happens to your Windows installation, and a "repair" or restore won't work, sometimes you have to wipe the drive and perform a complete reinstall. If a system failure happens suddenly and you haven't either backed up your AC install and mods or have them on an additional drive, it's very likely you could lose everything.

Also, having your games installed on an additional drive (in my case multiple drives for multiple sims and games), they are protected from complete system failures (except maybe a virus), you can easily transfer the whole drive to another system, or you can clone the drive, like I did when I moved my AC and mods install from a 500GB to a 1TB SSD.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back