Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,807 comments
hello all, is there some sort of addon to the McLaren 720S GT3 by whistleblower39 which adds either a rear view mirror or some sort of internal camera?
Thanks?
I made a quick proof of concept for myself:
  • Duplicated the internal Bosch DDU in blender and exported to kn5
  • Unpack car data to add a third mirror to mirrors.ini (either pack again or rename data.acd)
  • Put ext_config.ini and bosch_ddu10.kn5 files into any skin folder OR into the mod's extension folder (appending the MODEL_REPLACEMENT block to the existing ext_config.ini that comes with the mod didn't work for me).
AC:
mclaren_ac.png

ACC:
ACC.png

Update: added carbon shield & mount and fixed leds & decals
Update 2: DDU should now work when putting the kn5 and ini into the car's extension folder instead of a skin folder - updated mirrors.ini

Link to the car: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2290#post-13365223

Attachments

• extension.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • mirrors.ini.txt
    76 bytes · Views: 31
Last edited:
  • Unpack car data to add a third mirror to mirrors.ini (either pack again or rename data.acd)
  • Put ext_config.ini and bosch_ddu10.kn5 files into any skin folder
AC:
View attachment 1073724

ACC:
View attachment 1073725

The DDU model obviously needs some more blender work…
very good proof of concept. thanks for sharing.

Hi,
can you tell me which widget do you use for the tyre (at the left of your screen) ?
Sure mate. ProTyres

94a3efc76f47c26dab90a13f6bbed830o.png

This is the point of view that is going to be a lookout, and it is halfway up the mountain, believe me, this point is already very, very high.

6407bb71b7fbd79711b122cd880e8b8do.png

BUT, it is half the way haha, this will really be the highest point, from there you can see the whole map, the descent of that mountain is going to be the most difficult thing that can be done, a mistake -> let's go to the pit.

The descent will be winding through the walls of the mountain (that will be the curves)
It might be worth you starting a separate thread for this track so you can go into more detail about the development, field specific questions, keep everything together in one place etc.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Is there some way to change the colour of the dash lighting on cars (per livery)?

For example on the Huayra BC, the standard is red, the colour itself is defined in the lights.ini inside the data.acd as NAME=g_Dispay_Light - obviously changing that by extracting the acd makes it unusable online ...

Many thanks for this. Very good quality. Skyten released new wave of tracks including Ningbo. Did anyone buy from them ? I`m afraid of their payment system.
1. Skyten has NO Ningbo I say again...
2. Skyten release free tracks while accepting donations from China(I bet you don't have Alipay or WeChat)
Edit: he has just released a paid track the Shandong (it's a garbage track in real life I'm curious how it works in game) the good thing is, it's really cheap.
As for Ningbo there's a new one (the other two are leaked official Ningbo which is being reworked by people in this forum and an inaccurate Polycode Ningbo which dosen't worth the money at all) from tr I guess that's "TopRace" so be careful cause it might be just another conversion
Edit: forget about their Ningbo. Pure garbage. Also based on the leaked version (yet another rework. I realised that when the website said it's an "augumented version", just like "rework", normally not to describe a scratch-made or converted track but an existing one). They even planted grass outside T1... Wonder if they know anything about that track. I don't expected they've been their once but not even watching any onboard video when making a track is beyond my imagination.

Last edited:
It might be worth you starting a separate thread for this track so you can go into more detail about the development, field specific questions, keep everything together in one place etc.
Just a thought.
I already do that in my discord, here I only put screenshots of the advances because I feel like it.

Anyway there is not much to explain, someone who does not understand modding would not understand anything, and someone who understands, because the most technical explanation of how I work this map is that to save on the number of materials what I do is copy a polygon of anything on the map and from there model with edges, polygons and vectrex.

Last edited:
I already do that in my discord, here I only put screenshots of the advances because I feel like it.

Anyway there is not much to explain, someone who does not understand modding would not understand anything, and someone who understands, because the most technical explanation of how I work this map is that to save on the number of materials what I do is copy a polygon of anything on the map and from there model with edges, polygons and vectrex.
Can I request that you post thumbnail images in future then? They'll open full size if people click on them.
Your images are HUGE and always take over the whole page.
:)

Last edited:
I'm not aware of a Ningbo by Skyten. Are you getting them confused with Polycode?
Some free cars & tracks here (including a Ningbo), but needs registration I think.

@Raphael87 was this site your source for the Hong Kong track? If so, could you please grab Ningbo?
LMFAO they rent a cheap sever with low bandwidth which is enough to open a website but they also put the mod files on that server too rather than using any online "netdisk" or something which completely ruined the downloading experience. Don't expect to download the files outside of China tbh. My downloading speed is 50k/s. I'm in China and normally I download files at 40+MB/s from both in and outside of China.
And be careful that website is http not even having any encryption (https), http is okay for just browsing and downloading, but since it requires registeration, http is extremely dangerous, so if anyone wants to register remember NOT TO USE YOUR NORMALLY USED PASSWORD. Ofc I trust TopRace will never stole any information or password (they only stole models from other games) but the website is really easy to hack by any hacker.

Hi!
Someone have or maked VAO-patch and EXT config for Rostock Osthafenkurs by Terra 21?

UPD: VAO-patch and config found it at CSP Discord server, but without Grass FX.

Last edited:
Can I request that you post thumbnail images in future then? They'll open full size if people click on them.
Your images are HUGE and always take over the whole page.
:)
cddc2a175d0790b3226a9a4cda318135o.jpg

haha, yes of course I can, on my screen I see the forum like this by the way, the image didn't seem big to me.

1. Skyten has NO Ningbo I say again...
2. Skyten release free tracks while accepting donations from China(I bet you don't have Alipay or WeChat)
Edit: he has just released a paid track the Shandong (it's a garbage track in real life I'm curious how it works in game) the good thing is, it's really cheap.
As for Ningbo there's a new one (the other two are leaked official Ningbo which is being reworked by people in this forum and an inaccurate Polycode Ningbo which dosen't worth the money at all) from tr I guess that's "TopRace" so be careful cause it might be just another conversion
Edit: forget about their Ningbo. Pure garbage. Also based on the leaked version (yet another rework. I realised that when the website said it's an "augumented version", just like "rework", normally not to describe a scratch-made or converted track but an existing one). They even planted grass outside T1... Wonder if they know anything about that track. I don't expected they've been their once but not even watching any onboard video when making a track is beyond my imagination.
I actually know Skyten personally, and just recently found out that the Zhejiang is not a covert of R3E but completely scratch-made from him. He mentions that in order to get the details, he had to visit the site personally. Even he agrees that the quality on some tracks is not on par. If we can get him the R3E models, he is happy to convert them and release them as free mods.

I actually know Skyten personally, and just recently found out that the Zhejiang is not a covert of R3E but completely scratch-made from him. He mentions that in order to get the details, he had to visit the site personally. Even he agrees that the quality on some tracks is not on par. If we can get him the R3E models, he is happy to convert them and release them as free mods.
Do you also know Polycode?

• Put ext_config.ini and bosch_ddu10.kn5 files into any skin folder
Update: added carbon shield & mount and fixed leds & decals
Updated DDU in my initial post.

Problem with this approach is that a) it requires CSP, b) adds approx. 17 mb to every livery, c) it is not visible in the show room, etc.
It doesn't seem to be possible to add additional models globally via models.ini just like with track mods. Does anyone know if it is possible to load both the base mod FBX plus the DDU FBX into ksEditor and export both as a new combined KN5?

Just in case they get missed in the deep ocean of half-assed flotsam, a couple of very nice Ferrari 355 Berlinettas popped up on AL earlier:
Refractive lights, AO, emissive instruments, animated gearstick, wipers, LODs, interior trim options...
This legendary car is finally getting the mod it deserves.
Top job.
I just tried this mod car and the wipers don't work with RainFX, ¿is there something I am doing wrong or aren't they supposed to work?

I have never had a memory leak issue with CM, I have it running 24/7

have you tried this?
View attachment 1073696
What do you primarily do with CM? I've just tried clearing the values storage and it makes no difference. When I start CM then according to Task Manager it uses around 150-160mb of RAM. I can use CM no problem for hours in various tasks, but using the Content > Cars tab, opening CM showroom, updating previews, creating AO maps and even selecting different cars causes an increase in RAM usage that never drops off. CM becomes slower and less responsive as this happens until it hits about 2.6-2.8gb usage and then it will throw exception errors and needs to be restarted, at which point it's down to 150-160mb usage again.

I'm curious, if you go into your Content > Cars tab and then perform the following:
1) Click on a car
2) Open the update preview window (shift+ctrl+p)
3) Then close this window
4) Click the next car in your list and rinse repeat steps 2 & 3

How long until CM becomes slow and then refuses, if at all? I've just done it and after 37 cars it had to be restarted. For reference I have 32GB of ram so that shouldn't be an issue.

What's wrong with requiring csp? Considering also that the car you're talking about already uses a config, not using csp makes it not to be as intended.

And no, kseditor is a software to set shaders to materials and additional properties for the game engine.
Loading 3d objects together is done in actual 3d softwares (blender, 3dsmax, maya... don't use the awful 3dsimed)
For cars that need CSP anyway that‘s obviously not a problem. Adding the DDU to the model in blender and exporting it is also not a problem, that‘s what I did first. I think that being able to add additional features to a car using a models.ini file would be the best solution. This way we wouldn‘t have to touch the original model.

Last edited:
If we can get him the R3E models, he is happy to convert them and release them as free mods.
That's great to hear but... why is he unable to get the R3E tracks himself?

I have never had a memory leak issue with CM, I have it running 24/7

have you tried this?
View attachment 1073696
I can drive all day in CM no problem but accessing (and especially editing/deleting) multiple cars and/or tracks definitely has an accumulated memory usage. It's not getting wiped between selections and the UI soon slows to a crawl and eventually locks up.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back