Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,713 comments
What do you primarily do with CM? I've just tried clearing the values storage and it makes no difference. When I start CM then according to Task Manager it uses around 150-160mb of RAM. I can use CM no problem for hours in various tasks, but using the Content > Cars tab, opening CM showroom, updating previews, creating AO maps and even selecting different cars causes an increase in RAM usage that never drops off. CM becomes slower and less responsive as this happens until it hits about 2.6-2.8gb usage and then it will throw exception errors and needs to be restarted, at which point it's down to 150-160mb usage again.

I'm curious, if you go into your Content > Cars tab and then perform the following:
1) Click on a car
2) Open the update preview window (shift+ctrl+p)
3) Then close this window
4) Click the next car in your list and rinse repeat steps 2 & 3

How long until CM becomes slow and then refuses, if at all? I've just done it and after 37 cars it had to be restarted. For reference I have 32GB of ram so that shouldn't be an issue.
confirmed.

I have never experienced this as I dont think I ever previewed 30+ cars in a open session. Perhaps use showroom for previewing the car (unless you are creating new previews)

I have alot of tracks, edit alot.. but never use the track preview (double click the kn5).

Last edited:
Lexus LC-500 GT500 v1.3
SD / delpinsky / REVO / ACTK
Fix tyres.ini
Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fix Wipers animation
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1343

lexus_lc500_gt500.png

Updated DDU in my initial post.

Problem with this approach is that a) it requires CSP, b) adds approx. 17 mb to every livery, c) it is not visible in the show room, etc.
It doesn't seem to be possible to add additional models globally via models.ini just like with track mods. Does anyone know if it is possible to load both the base mod FBX plus the DDU FBX into ksEditor and export both as a new combined KN5?
I installed it by putting it in the extension folder in the car folder. I did not do it per skin. I then added the code to the config file in there and it worked fine. Your update, however broke the main display. I am getting all kinds of artifacts now on it and the added screen has nothing on it. The initial release did not have these problems.

Last edited:
I installed it by putting it in the extension folder in the car folder. I did not do it per skin. I then added the code to the config file in there and it worked fine. Your update, however broke the main display. I am getting all kinds of artifacts now on it and the added screen has nothing on it. The initial release did not have these problems.
That's weird, it is working if put inside a skin folder but the screen is positioned incorrectly when put in the car's extension folder. The relatively extensive ext_config I had in place for the car somehow prevented the model to be added so at least I know now why this didn't work. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and will also make some custom textures to reduce the file size. In the meantime I'm going to attach the first version.

Attachments

• mclaren720s_ddu_v1.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
confirmed.

I have never experienced this as I dont think I ever previewed 30+ cars in a open session. Perhaps use showroom for previewing the car (unless you are creating new previews)

I have alot of tracks, edit alot.. but never use the track preview (double click the kn5).
Well good that I'm not going mad at least, I'm oddly glad it's not a problem on my end that needs troubleshooting so thanks. It's something I think that impacts me more than most as currently I'm converting a lot of cars and reworking existing cars, using CM showroom for shader presets + AO map generation and then generating previews. It's easy enough to get around by just rebooting CM regularly and as you say, isn't a problem if messing with tracks or actually playing the game.

That's weird, it is working if put inside a skin folder but the screen is positioned incorrectly when put in the car's extension folder. The relatively extensive ext_config I had in place for the car somehow prevented the model to be added so at least I know now why this didn't work. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and will also make some custom textures to reduce the file size. In the meantime I'm going to attach the first version.
The first version works great in the extension folder. No need for it in each skin.

Modders must be very stuppy (stupid & sloppy) concerning colliders... otherwise you wouldn't fix (...or something like that) them at every car you've got your hands on... 😅
yes, a lot of mods, no correct collider, taken from other cars that don't match the 3D model at all

exemple: colliders.ini and collider.kn5

custom_showroom_1628722976.jpg

it's just not possible to race online

rework with blender:

custom_showroom_1628724408.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problems:
I cannot manually activate the rain in AC (CSP 1.74preview98, no SOL). There is no droplet icon on the settings bar. (Rainfx active)
Thank you 🙏

Last edited:
LMFAO they rent a cheap sever with low bandwidth which is enough to open a website but they also put the mod files on that server too rather than using any online "netdisk" or something which completely ruined the downloading experience. Don't expect to download the files outside of China tbh. My downloading speed is 50k/s. I'm in China and normally I download files at 40+MB/s from both in and outside of China.
And be careful that website is http not even having any encryption (https), http is okay for just browsing and downloading, but since it requires registeration, http is extremely dangerous, so if anyone wants to register remember NOT TO USE YOUR NORMALLY USED PASSWORD. Ofc I trust TopRace will never stole any information or password (they only stole models from other games) but the website is really easy to hack by any hacker.
try opera GX, has a built in VPN lol

Hello,
I found some artifacts on Sebring track. Does anybody know how to fix it? CSP is 0.1.75

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_sebring_12-7-121-11-10-29.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_sebring_12-7-121-11-10-29.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
The first version works great in the extension folder. No need for it in each skin.
Could you try this update? I've also changed the order and naming of the mirrors in mirrors.ini:

INI:
[MIRROR_0]
NAME=MIRROR_L

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=MIRROR_R

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=MIRROR_C

The McLaren 720s mod linked in this post already contains an ext_config.ini. Appending the model replacement to this file did not work for me, that's why I put it in the skin folder. Did it work for you?

Attachments

• extension.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
⚠️ RELEASED ⚠️
Brabham BT62R

Credit: 3D model: CSR 2 from https://gamemodels.ru/ and some parts from the official Brabham BT62 mod
Conversion: Mr DK Sound: official Brabham BT62 mod
Physics: Mr DK, official Brabham BT62 mod
Animation: Mr DK
Digital Instrumentation: official Brabham BT62 mod

Compatibility with CM paintshop
Animation:
-EXTRA_A: open left door
-EXTRA_B: open right door
-EXTRA_C: open engine hood

If you have any comments or advice or if you find any bugs do not hesitate to send me a message, constructive comments are welcome CSP 1.73 or higher required Enjoy

If you want to share this mod, share only the original link and don't do not modify it without my permission

Screenshot_mrdk_brabham_bt62r_ddm_gt6_syracus_11-7-121-18-34-38.png

Screenshot_mrdk_brabham_bt62r_ddm_gt6_syracus_11-7-121-18-30-42.png

Screenshot_mrdk_brabham_bt62r_ddm_gt5_rbhangar_11-7-121-18-19-31.png

Screenshot_mrdk_brabham_bt62r_ddm_gt5_rbhangar_11-7-121-18-17-37.png

Screenshot_mrdk_brabham_bt62r_ddm_gt5_rbhangar_11-7-121-18-17-0.png

Enjoy 🔥

Download:
Via Discord
Direct link

Last edited:
⚠️ RELEASED ⚠️
Brabham BT62R

Credit: 3D model: CSR 2 from https://gamemodels.ru/ and some parts from the official Brabham BT62 mod

Animation:

If you have any comments or advice or if you find any bugs do not hesitate to send me a message, constructive comments are welcome CSP 1.73 or higher required Enjoy

If you want to share this mod, share only the original link and don't do not modify it without my permission

Enjoy 🔥

Download:
Via Discord
Direct link
Very nice! This car has been through so many iterations over the past couple of years, it's nice to have a more refined version. Thanks.
Your wiper animation needs some tweaking I think though - the blade should ideally be longer, the sweep arc increased to cover more of the bottom part of the windscreen, and there's a pause at the top of the sweep rather than a continuous left-right motion. Do you think you might be able to make the adjustments?

Very nice! This car has been through so many iterations over the past couple of years, it's nice to have a more refined version. Thanks.
Your wiper animation needs some tweaking I think though - the blade should ideally be longer, the sweep arc increased to cover more of the bottom part of the windscreen, and there's a pause at the top of the sweep rather than a continuous left-right motion. Do you think you might be able to make the adjustments?
Hi
Thanks for the feedback
I will try to complitly rework the wipper animation
Regarding the lenth of the blade, I use the bladeof the model, I will compare it to the real version to be sure that the lenth is realistic

Edit: you are right the blade should be longer, i will correct that

Last edited:
⚠️ RELEASED ⚠️
Brabham BT62R

Animation:

Enjoy 🔥

Download:
Via Discord
Direct link
Thanks for ths MrDK09. If I might ask...

The suspension seems extremely overdamped for a road car. It's firmer than a lot of GT3 cars. Also, the bump steer is really over the top and something doesn't feel quite right with the turn-in.

Looking at the original BT62 mod (which I like the handling of quite a lot), the steering settings are:
STEER_LOCK=324
STEER_RATIO=15.0
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00267

Yours has:
STEER_LOCK=190
STEER_RATIO=5
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00143

Can you explain why the steering settings are so different on your version? The lock is so tight, steer ratio just 1/3rd of the other mod and the rod ratio almost halved. Was this to produce an intentional difference that you were specifically aiming for? It kind of makes the steering feel as though it has way too much castor... or something a bit odd.

Look forward to any fine tuning and appreciate the mod all the same!

Last edited:
Thanks for ths MrDK09. If I might ask...

The suspension seems extremely overdamped for a road car. It's firmer than a lot of GT3 cars. Also, the bump steer is really over the top and something doesn't feel quite right with the turn-in.

Looking at the original BT62 mod (which I like the handling of quite a lot), the steering settings are:
STEER_LOCK=324
STEER_RATIO=15.0
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00267

Yours has:
STEER_LOCK=190
STEER_RATIO=5
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00143

Can you explain why the steering settings are so different on your version? The lock is so tight, steer ratio just 1/3rd of the other mod and the rod ratio almost halved. Was this to produce an intentional difference that you were specifically aiming for? It kind of makes the steering feel as though it has way too much castor... or something a bit odd.

Look forward to any fine tuning and appreciate the mod all the same!

Thanks for the feedbake
regarding the suspension I will try to fix this and reduce the damping
Regarding the steering, it's realy strange, I nevertheless use the data of the original mod, I will correct that too

Thanks for the feedbake
regarding the suspension I will try to fix this and reduce the damping
Regarding the steering, it's realy strange, I nevertheless use the data of the original mod, I will correct that too
Thanks. I look forward to any updates. It's a sexy beast which certainly makes my fizzy bits fizz!

Hopefully EASY won't instantly set about 'fixing the collider' and putting an 'APPROVED' stamp on it. 😉

Last edited:
Could you try this update? I've also changed the order and naming of the mirrors in mirrors.ini:

INI:
[MIRROR_0]
NAME=MIRROR_L

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=MIRROR_R

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=MIRROR_C

The McLaren 720s mod linked in this post already contains an ext_config.ini. Appending the model replacement to this file did not work for me, that's why I put it in the skin folder. Did it work for you?
That works fine in the extension folder. Well done.

Another exe
be careful

origin

good day people! I want to share with you another TXC job! Morón Air Base! It is an almost final version, it has cameras, it has a grid but I feel that it lacks a lot of work, if someone wants to modify it, they have the right to do it but please do not forget to mention the team that made this possible. https://mega.nz/file/0pxhAKBI#O_Hj0IKhH1Kk0OL42gdCislGPEt_KBVR0i-xMUl38PQ
@slider666 Ext_config and fixed all problems
@DaBaeda thanks for tutorial cams @damone13x thanks for your work
@LiquidSkyMan IA, UI and track límits
Do you have the link on Turismo Carretera cars mod?

⚠️ RELEASED ⚠️
Brabham BT62R

Animation:

Enjoy 🔥

Download:
Via Discord
Direct link
Awesome to see a more updated version! ...and I'm looking forward to a few tweaks, as requested by others.

Will you be able to release a paint template for it? Red is great, but I like some of the liveries for the previous version--which don't work with this new one.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back