Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Anyone know what is in this wtcc and stcc package? Does it have good quality and physics?

Why don't you try yourself? And get your own opinion, it isn't a paymod!

What is good for me can be bad for you and vice-versa.
The experience can be different even by the PC specs, and by personel taste of driving!
🤨

The experience can be different even by the PC specs, and by personel taste of driving!
🤨
In most cases yes, but the package had no description, details so I wanted to know something about it:rolleyes:

Let's break the mood with something positive for a change...

Just found this nice pack with 3 Alpine A110 cars on some French forums. But since I can't speak French I don't know if I can repost the whole thing. So if anyone is interested please follow the link below for all the information and D/L link.

Pack Alpine A110 1800 Gr4 1973/1974/1975 (Version 2.0 Disponible) par Mick24300​

View attachment 1079022

Follow the link for D/L the cars:
https://www.racingfr.net/wbb/index....74-1975-version-2-0-disponible-par-mick24300/

P.S.
First file is password protected - you'll find it in the original post.
Hello, I downloaded this pack some time ago. I tried a lot of things but it does not work for me with active CSP. I don’t know why but the car is stuck on the road, the front wheels are locked as with hand brake! The rear wheels rotate with smoke, but the car crawls at very low speeds until the front tires explode.

The old version works very well, by the way.

You got any ideas?

Last edited:
Street legal vs Original race car. Finally modeled the front bumper piece the outside is 85% finished. Man do i have so many projects lol this, the Gemera, and the updates to my pre existing mods.
__custom_showroom_1631365628.png

__custom_showroom_1631365865.png

Last edited:

🤨
I agree with you. Fun and physics accuracy are two different notions but they are linked together. If you have fun with something, it's always alright. You know, physics is physics but no fun no party 😁

In most cases yes, but the package had no description, details so I wanted to know something about it:rolleyes:
Lol. I keep all I've said.
WTCC and STCC, the details will be knowed after drive it.

100% of cars at Assettoland have no details. As many more on other sites. Therefore, it might be better to try them.
You know, even with description and details, sometimes my opinion is different.
🙄

I'm just going to take a moment to let you all know how much I appreciate this AC thread that should be in the politics section :lol:

Seriously, I've found so much good here, and having just gotten my first racing wheel, ever, this game has really, really changed my views of circuit racing despite doing a little autocross and a little drive on Laguna Seca. It feels like I can dream a bit more, it's just so much more connecting to the landscapes, making me feel as if I'm at the tracks I've visited.

I'll be resigning myself to finding the juicy bits of drama and enjoying a force feeding binge of obscure, good and downright ****** mods.

:cheers::cheers:

RT_Sonoma adjusted ai sidelines and hints, detailed rain fx, geotags, and background images:

EDIT UPDATED 9/17/2021:

I tried to get the RSS and VRC Indy cars, as well as the RSS Hyperion, working a little better on their appropriate layouts. IIRC there are some other tweaks to the other tracks as well. Adjusted the geotags to get them a little closer to actual track.

rt_sonoma_4.jpg

As always, back up your track and remove any .bin or cache files from each layout's ai folder for a clean install.

Have fun!

Last edited:
I'm just going to take a moment to let you all know how much I appreciate this AC thread that should be in the politics section :lol:

Seriously, I've found so much good here, and having just gotten my first racing wheel, ever, this game has really, really changed my views of circuit racing despite doing a little autocross and a little drive on Laguna Seca. It feels like I can dream a bit more, it's just so much more connecting to the landscapes, making me feel as if I'm at the tracks I've visited.

I'll be resigning myself to finding the juicy bits of drama and enjoying a force feeding binge of obscure, good and downright ****** mods.

:cheers::cheers:
yeah if you have the Content Manager and press F7, you can basically walk around circuits. Definitely felt like it, at tracks I've been to in real life (Motegi for example).

Hello, I downloaded this pack some time ago. I tried a lot of things but it does not work for me with active CSP. I don’t know why but the car is stuck on the road, the rear wheels are locked as with hand brake! The front wheels rotate with smoke, but the car crawls at very low speeds until the front tires explode.

The old version works very well, by the way.

You got any ideas?
just disable extended physics
Screenshot 2021-09-11 175633.png

Re: Peugeot 905 skins

I fixed the roof transparency on the roof of the #s 1&2 cars (those roofs looked deep black instead of kinda grey-black.)
(still working on the indicator lights. For myself, I just cloned the car twice and changed the lights.ini colors for now, but hopefully I'll get the ext_config figured out)

(deleting the original post as well)

EDIT: fixed the flags on the 2 car and tuned the color of the car-light-on-the-road-in-front-of-the-car for all 3. This was
affected 2much by the color of the indicator light.
ALSO: Bumping into another car immediately turned the car into a wadded kleenex. I don't like that. Wayyy toned down now.

I'll stop with the tiny updates now, save it for once a week or something.

Made a few attempts, but no luck. Not sure if this needs a Materials replacement wrapper... I'll keep trying.
Nice work

Alpental Redux (NFSS2) v1.0 by FM Team

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr02.jpg

Screenshot_legion_bmw_2002_tii_nfss2_alpental_10-9-121-9-15-31.jpg

features:
  • 22 pit/grid AI with forward and reverse layouts
  • CSP lightsfx, grassfx, rainfx, allthefx, VAO
  • JUMBOTRONS ,JUMBOTRONS (did we mention that it has JUMBOTRONS?)
  • new textures and normal maps + original track skin baked in
  • gratuitous blimps, balloons and helicopters

credits:
@ea/SMS - Original track from NFSS2
@RMi_wood - conversion, textures, lighting, shaders
@TheRealCeeBee - conversion, Jumbotrons
@leBluem - 3d updates, grass, rocks, textures, lighting, shaders, flags
@mascot - flying objects, textures
@racealot - cams, lighting, rainfx, Jumbotrons
@Mike08 - grass, textures, lighting

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::

Last edited:

View attachment 1079571
View attachment 1079572

features:
  • CSP lightsfx, grassfx, rainfx, allthefx

credits:
@Codemasters - Original track from NFSS2
@leBluem - 3d updates, grass, rocks, textures, lighting, shaders

looks amazing!

View attachment 1079571
View attachment 1079572
View attachment 1079573
View attachment 1079574
features:
  • CSP lightsfx, grassfx, rainfx, allthefx, VAO

credits:
@Codemasters - Original track from NFSS2
@leBluem - 3d updates, grass, rocks, textures, lighting, shaders, flags

Absolutely stunning. Worth the wait and as good as I remember it.

Last edited:
Can anyone post new lights patch feature list?
  • Dynamic weather conditions online with either a server plugin (documentation is coming soon) or custom acServer implementation;
  • FSR:
- Whole thing reworked with officially released SDK:
- Quality presets are different now;
- Recommended level of sharpening is used now;
- Option for adjusting MIP bias according to recommendations;
- Option to set lower quality setting for left and right sides in triple screen mode;
- Smoke fully reworked (apart from tyres heating and spawning logic):
- New improved shading;
- Improved smoke-cars collisions;
- Better support for open-wheelers;
- Tyre smoke spawns below car with extreme drifting angles;
- Dust and splashes spawns around car, not just from wheels;
- Dust flies off dusty wheels;
- A bit of dust appears for some F1 cars with wooden skidpads when those touch the ground (and can be configured on per-collider basis, similar to sparks);
- Clouds of dust spawn on collisions;
- Smaller particles for bits of dirt and smaller splashes spawn in contact points;
- Long-lasting smoke and dust (lasts for several minutes);
- When on grass, instead of dust clouds, more subtle soil particles are used (color is set in track config);
- New look for smoke from exhaust, heated brakes and damaged engine;
- Smoke won’t show up inside a cockpit;
- Colored smoke and dust lose saturation with expansion, with new config parameters to adjust the rate;
- Smoke culling improved for further optimization and smoother transitions;
- New options to adjust density and on-screen size, to balance between visuals and performance;
- Extra effect with smoke covering whole screen, to get effect of camera stuck in smoke much cheaper;
- Pieces particles update:
- Adjusted types chances, size and shading;
- Collision detection now uses car heightmaps instead of depth buffer for more accurate results;
  • Size of sparks particles fixed, sparks no longer spawn with head-on collisions;
  • TyresFX:
- Grass and dirt on tyres reworked, textures and rendering both;
- Soil color is taken into account;
- GrassFX:
- Active ExtraFX pass option now properly supports fake car shadows reprojection;
- Grass deformation updated, now takes into account grass height;
  • New rendering modes: 360°, fisheye, split screen (new Content Manager supports custom modes for AC video settings);
  • Specify joypad index for joypads input mode;
  • Support for VAO patches v5 with spatial AO samples for dynamic objects;
  • New sky mesh with more evenly distributed triangles for better reflections and mirrors;
  • Option to hide console;
  • Option to create portals to other servers online for freeroam servers;
  • Scene tweaks from new photo mode app remain active in replay with app hidden;
  • If VR failed to initialize, there’ll be a warning on loading screen (especially helpful if you accidentally chose wrong render mode);
  • Semi-transparent shadows from smoke, flames, semi-transparent objects and such improved with Bayer dithering.

Fixes:

- FSR:
- Oculus Rift integration fixed;
- Virtual mirror incorrectly positioned in triple screen fixed;
  • Pieces particles occasionally breaking motion blur fixed;
  • New photo mode app: setting DOF or changing camera FOV doesn’t reset to free camera anymore;
  • Origin shift compatibility:
- AI recording tool fixed (didn’t render spline correctly);
- ExtraFX bounced light clip plane fixed;
- Issue with VR with post-processing disabled fixed;
- Custom triple splits: misplaced driver names fixed;
- Dynamic lights shadows fixed;
  • Accumulation DOF works better with real mirrors;
  • AC shutting down when making screenshots and such with certain mods fixed;
  • Memory leak with SMAA fixed;
  • Possible performance issues with some PP AA modes fixed;
  • AC stuck in setup check with cars with extended physics fixed;
  • Monitor mirrors showing headlights as red and blue fixed;
  • Issue with saving and loading selected PP-filter fixed;
  • Option to draw track AO samples removed to stop people from activating it accidentally;
  • VAO patches for cars no longer affect windscreen brightness;
  • Switching VAO sets (with driver/without driver) fixed;
  • Fur material changing scale randomly fixed;
  • Disabling windscreen dirt not always working fixed;
  • FidelityFX CAS now works with FXAA and FXAA 3.11 (fixed) as well as with SMAA;
  • Half-resolution smoke now works with triple screen mode;
  • Shader stPerPixelNM_UVflow with alpha-test now casts shadows properly;
  • Low beams not working properly in replays fixed;
  • Issue with windscreen meshes drawn over driver visor (with something like F6 camera) fixed;
  • Shaking chase cameras fixed;
  • Tessellation shaders (flags, bending pieces): fog, shadows and ExtraFX effects are fixed;
  • Issue with randomized wind component getting too large fixed;
  • Crash with downshift protection on older mods without audio event fixed;
  • Issue with car wheels jittering back and forth in rare cases when moving slowly fixed;
  • Shadowed wheels and VAO fade out when car tilts too much;
  • Collision depth is stored in replays now, for deforming walls to work correctly;
  • Fake Shadows generation for cars like McLaren-Mercedes MP4/13 fixed (now ignores seatbelts);
  • Issue with cached car data growing too large with repeated entries fixed;
  • Issue with car heightmap not working correctly with some cars (and resulting in, for example, sparks flying inside) fixed;
  • WeatherFX:
- PP-filter adjustments are reset when current filter is changed;
- Default WeatherFX implementation updated and fixed (improved clouds, definitions for cold and hot weather types were missing);
  • Per-pixel fog used in some shaders fixed;
  • Replay clips saving is more stable now;
  • FPS limiter deactivation in new performance stats app fixed;
  • Loading of extra CSP data for older replay versions fixed;
  • Pieces of grass and dirt not really working with car driving backwards fixed;
  • Broken shading (especially shadows) of some skinned meshes fixed;
  • Fake shadows from front wheels sometimes being rendered above everything else in first persion view fixed;
  • Smaller fixes and stability improvements.

For new content and configs:

• Override car data files related to visuals, such as “lods.ini” or “lights.ini”, by creating new files in “extension/data_override” folder;
  • Colorful shadowing: overall look improved, new parameters;
  • Masking pass shading improved, doesn’t look as messy with darker textures, new parameters;
  • Custom car physics:
- Create hidden car setup items linked to some AC physics controller (for example, to create a suspension with ride height adapting to car speed);
- Link clutch damage to exceedingly high torque;
- Custom track physics:
- Soft walls fixed, with new MAX_DEPTH option to limit softness for collisions that are too deep (docs are coming);
- Cars spawned aligned to track surface (optional, controlled by track’s physics config surfaces.ini, enabled by default with custom track physics);
  • Deformable track walls for deep collisions (with soft colliders), for tyre walls and such;
  • WeatherFX:
- API to create and manipulate dynamic lights for more advanced visual effects;
- New ac.setSkyV2SunSaturation(number) to adjust sun saturation;
- Functions to adjust VAO and extra AO samples parameters;
- New sky-covering clouds using panorama textures as an alternative way to render clouds;
- Option to load textures asynchonously, new function to unload textures;
- New cloud material parameter normalFacingExponent for adjusting normal calculation (default value is 0.5);
- New cloud parameter normalYExponent for shifting whole cloud shape, to get it to look more as if camera is below;
- New cloud parameter topFogBoost for boosting fog at the top of the cloud;
- TyresFX:
- New DIRT_OFFSET_K parameter, similar to DAMAGE_OFFSET_K;
- Option to set custom meshes for different tyres;
- [MESH_SPLIT_...]:
- Set split name or material directly, or use existing material;
- New mode COPY_FLIPPED to fix missing interior windows;
- New INSERT_TO option to specify new parent for new meshes;
  • Parameter [BOUNCED_LIGHT] AMBIENT_MULT=0.2 for reducing ambient effect on bounced light now that new VAO patches for tracks have light bounces;
  • Parameter [REFLECTIONS_FX] INTERIOR_NODES=… for cars without properly set COCKPIT_HR now works better, affecting more CSP features;
  • Scriptable displays now can reference a file with a script (SCRIPT=script.lua, same as LUTs);
  • New values for car state for Lua scripts: KERS state, number of gears, number of turbos, H-shifter state for user controls and for specific cars;
  • New car instrument inputs for KERS;
  • Adjustable wings now can affect several nodes at once (easier to get LODs to work);
  • New ColoredBlackSpecular parameter for car paint shader improving look of multi-colored skins, enables automatically with fourth version;
  • Set soil color for tracks along with dirt and grass color;
  • Option to set soil, dirt and grass colors for different types of surfaces;
  • New track inputs:
- CAR_DAMAGE_N for amount of damage of Nth car;
- CAR_DAMAGE for maximum amount of damage of all cars (could be tied to roof lights of ambulances?);
- ONLINE_RACE switching to 1 for online races;
- TIME_SMOOTH: time of day in seconds without rounding;
  • In condition expressions, writing “condition:” prefix when referencing a different condition is no longer needed;
  • In places where previously track parameters could either be a number or reference a condition, now expressions are fully supported as well;
  • CONDITION for track lights and material adjustments now can use expressions too (although, without color support for now);
  • Issue with parameters MOVE_MESH_BEHIND and MOVE_MESH_IN_FRONT_OF unable to reorder elements within same parent fixed;
  • Track configs now can set flame emitters;
  • Issue with change in configs related to semi-transparent shadows not applying live fixed;
  • New common/particles_track.ini with some presets for particles (bonfire, stove, flare);
  • CSP configs can add extra comments about car features on loading screen;
  • New Python functions: ac.ext_getWeatherTimeMult(), ac.ext_setWeatherTimeMult(value).

Crema Test Complex v1.20 (updated new version)

Welcome to the Kunos / Crema Test Complex.
Originally designed by Kunos for testing in NetKar and the vaporware title "NetBike", from which this track is derived.

View attachment 989583
View attachment 989584

Enjoy nearly 9km of decreasing radius, off-camber corners, a blistering straight, a dedicated skidpad... and glorious facilities.

Features:
  • 3 layouts: Test-track, Short, Long
  • Short / Long layouts with cams and 20pit/grid*
  • CSP, RainFX, GrassFX**
*AI is currently for camera positions and trackday with friends only
** enable grass skin

Credits:
Kunos/Yashugan - 3D model (permissions requested, pending reply)
@RMi_wood - conversion, shaders
@shi - @shin956 - layouts, AI, grass, VAO, shaders
@DaBaeda - cams/pits/layouts
@El Locho - RainFX

Crema Test Complex v1.20 (updated new version)

bgr00.jpg

bgr001.jpg

bgr00.jpg

- several small fixes

Last edited:
306 Maxi Evo2 Updated

Corrected many things to match more to the real car and Kunos standard
  • Reduced weight of .kn5 (160Mo to 66Mo)
  • Reduced skins size (now in 2K)
  • Added Loeb 2021 Redbull suit, pit ...
  • Removed co-driver (can be added as option, i personally don't like it)
  • Reduced useless 4K textures
  • AO (probably not perfect)
  • Added damage glass
  • Reworked gearbox to match to the real car/real speed
  • Added LODs
  • Changed rear lights textures to match more to the real car
  • Proper real lights
  • Added reverse lights, deforming hood, glass effect with ext_config (CSP)
  • Correct flames (now more realistic like rally car and engine/exhaust pop)
  • Corrected some materials, shader, Normalmap ...
  • And probably other things i don't remember

Tested with latest CSP/SOL version

=> https://sharemods.com/ace4k3g0b2fn/peugeot_306_maxi_evo_2.7z.html

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back