Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,690 comments
"3d model is ok" ofc it's a Forza Horizon 3 / Motorsport 7 rip.
But the rear lights need some fixin'.

When they shouldn't even been. Raised the issue last year but that TonyB lad just keeps his unauthorized and frankly **** rips hidden behind that paywall when the OG modders did all of this for free.

The guy you replied to is better off playing the OG mod on GTR2 rather than that piss poor excuse of a ported mod. It'll work as intended (with bespoke physics).
agreed 100% it's like us trying to bring these LMP1s and 2s to AC from GTR2 since there is like no models out there from reworking. Plus. Let's just sayyy a certain R manufacture is in development ;)

Bruh moment. These puny 2NM springs are "helper springs" and their only role is to collapse instantly under car weight. AC's "bump stop" is acting as an actual spring in this case and packer range and movement limits are set accordingly. IER did same thing with their GTA iirc. People keep trying to fix something that isn't broken.

View attachment 1082516
That's good but it really doesn't work well in Assetto Corsa or at least this car. The car doesn't feel as good and the engine doesn't really adapt to this. Car is 3 seconds faster for me on Portland with values that better represent a total spring load instead of bouncing off a bumpstop.
Not understanding making a car that spins and is harder to drive because you tried something. Is this a case of extended physics? A CSP thing? Because it didn't translate well in this instance in my opinion.

Last edited:
From Fecebook. This is not my mod. Support the creator and join the FB group if you can.

There's a google-drive link on the Patreon page--you don't have to join to download (but do so if you can).

------------------------------------------

Miguel Silva MNBA Assetto Modding Group

Admin
· 7Soshori ·

MNBA Releases:
BMW 3 Series E92 - 335D+335i/335i Single Turbo
Original: Kunos/Nizar M3
3 Series body parts: Miguel Silva
EXTRA:
extra A: Open Hood
extra B: Open doors
extra C: Front Fog Lights
extra D: Rear Fog Lights
CHANGELOG:
-AO exterior/interior
-Complete new Cluster: Nizar Razzouk
-Shaders
-Animations
-Physics by Steve Stirpe
-Skins
-Wipers
-Blinkers
-GPS
-Pbr materials
-Selflighting
-Dashboard warning lights
-Lods
-CM paintshop config
-Sound by EMJAYY
-Pics by Johannes Schellhammer
Thanks to all MNBA members for help and support, couldn't do this without them!
Thanks to beta testers, Johannes Schelhammer, Steve Stripe, Nizar Razzouk, Buja Gili, Adrian Suy.
Download:
Link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/bmw-3-series-e92-56537605...

Donation: paypal.me/MiguelSilvaNexttoDIE

1632588897156.png

Last edited:
Please someone can help me?

Since today, when I make a photo in replay, car headlights change texture, like they are broken or something. Do you know why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_magione_25-8-121-19-56-41.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_magione_25-8-121-19-56-41.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_magione_25-8-121-19-57-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_magione_25-8-121-19-57-57.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9
Prague v0.7 update:

View attachment 1082610

Update features various general fixes and optimizations, updated ai, start/finish and grid positions tweaks, rain fx, and background pics.

Enjoy
Nice update! Good to see this get some attention.

RSR Live Timing Issue
If you worked on this (or can forward this to "nobody") there's still a road surface at the end of the bridge, under the arch, that causes RSR Live Timing to disqualify the lap. There might be a surface that's labeled as something that RSR identifies as off track. This has always been an issue with this mod since it was converted.

Last edited:
Bruh moment. These puny 2NM springs are "helper springs" and their only role is to collapse instantly under car weight. AC's "bump stop" is acting as an actual spring in this case and packer range and movement limits are set accordingly. IER did same thing with their GTA iirc. People keep trying to fix something that isn't broken.

View attachment 1082516
The helper spring is there to keep the main coil located up against it's perch at the top of the unit, in max suspension droop conditions (big jumps, on the jack etc).

That aside, there are some factual errors in your reply, @PJohann. No offense intended.

Spring rate is measured in Newtons Per Meter (N/M), where it describes the force required to compress the a spring with that rate, 1 Meter, and not NewtonMeters (NM) which is a unit of torque (ie a force in Newtons acting at a distance in Meters, to produce a twisting force; or Work, measured in Joules (1J = 1NM) where a force moves a mass through a distance.

Also, I think you may have misread @Beezer215's post.
A spring rate of 1336 N/M is like (roughly) what you would feel deadlifting 134Kg. Put one of those springs at each corner of a car, and four fat asses like me would compress those springs by almost a meter. @Beezer215 is (correctly) suggesting that you add 2x zero to the end of the spring rates 1336 and and 1093, to produce spring rates of 133600 N/M and 109300 N/M, which are softish, but right in the reality ballpark. Look at the bumpstop rate, for example?
The ;2 part cannot be usefully describing a 2N/m spring rate. That's (2N) the gravity force you would feel holding a 200g box of Smarties. The main spring weighs more than that, and would simply crush the helper and drop off it's perch. That value has to be something else. (Or also requires adding 2x zeroes, which would make it like a 20Kg weight. Yes, that would work. Doesn't explain the similar appendages after the bumpstop rates, tho?

So unless AC has some special "divide by 100* shorthand for some values (like, the spring rate, and not the bumpstop rate) in the INI files (which I haven't seen digging through them), to save on characters.... I think @Beezer215 might have a point?

Prague v0.7 update:

View attachment 1082610

Update features various general fixes and optimizations, updated ai, start/finish and grid positions tweaks, rain fx, and background pics.

Enjoy
Thank you for improving Praque further! Here is some little billboard pack, which removes the Microsoft branding (I did this for myself and wasn´t intended to release it but why not...)

1632596919673.png

Hey guys,

In the attached photo if you look by the hood of the car (bottom right) you can see the fence is well outlined/detailed/sharp, but in a very short arc. What settings do I need in the CM > Settings > CSP (1.75) > Smart shadows to have a larger arc or improved sharpness/detail for a longer distance?

My "Distances for Exterior" are: 100, 360, 1600
My "Distances for Interior" are: 5.2, 160, 1280

Thank you!

View attachment 1082473
Maybe try bumping up that middle number? Not sure this has always bugged me on many tracks as well, not really sure if there's a perfect solutions for the crawling shadows.

Nice update! Good to see this get some attention.

RSR Live Timing Issue
If you worked on this (or can forward this to "nobody") there's still a road surface at the end of the bridge, under the arch, that causes RSR Live Timing to disqualify the lap. There might be a surface that's labeled as something that RSR identifies as off track. This has always been an issue with this mod since it was converted.
Will do, thanks for the info.

It's under 300k poly, it is still within Kuno's pipeline standard.
you should have a look at the pipeline before to talk

their kn5 cars are too heavy because of non optimized object numbers , and textures !
It is as important as having a low poly car ! a low poly car with non optimized texture , as a high poly car with optimized texture , is the same pb .... that 44 mo is super low though , I will allow about 60 to use a 4k body ao and keep high quality skins !

1632597742356.png

Last edited:
So this is a current WIP and I did say a Certain R Manufacture ;)

edit: all but 1 skin isn't ao'd so i'm going to be adding ao to all the skins for this boi

Attachments

• Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-2.jpg
    Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-24.jpg
    Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-24.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-28.jpg
    Screenshot_rms_lola_b09_80judd10lms_sebring_90s_25-8-121-21-47-28.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thank you for improving Praque further! Here is some little billboard pack, which removes the Microsoft branding (I did this for myself and wasn´t intended to release it but why not...)

View attachment 1082643
Ok thanks. So a lot of the wall banners around the pit are blank now, right? That's fine, but only problem I see is the skin name is the same as one that comes with the track, and will probably overwrite it.

Ok thanks. So a lot of the wall banners around the pit are blank now, right? That's fine, but only problem I see is the skin name is the same as one that comes with the track, and will probably overwrite it.
Ah sorry, got the point now. Thats why I wrote I did it for personal (taste) use. So all be warned. :D Rename the skin to something else before overwriting the "original" files.

I know this question has been posted in the past, but anyone working on a conversion of Kart Space?

1632604134011.png

I thought about this when I saw photos of the new K1 at Bluffington SC, USA -- I know there's other similar tracks in the world.

1632603483759.png

Now if a mod could be created of this track in Wrentham, Massachusetts, USA that would be wild.

1632603946208.png

You'd think Reboot Project would be on this like flies on rye.
I know right. I found the track for GPL which was converted to NR2003. I would try converting it from GPL to AC, but... I have ZERO 3D modeling experience and no idea on how to start such a conversion.

L -
is there extension config for Sochi Autodrom v.1.15_acu that includes wet weather setup?

thanks.
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = sochi_tarmac_alt, sochi_track_surface, offtrack_a, sochi_rumble, tarmac blue, tarmac red, sochi_cobbles, sochi_astro
SOAKING_MATERIALS = sochi_tarmac_alt, sochi_track_surface, offtrack_a
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = armco_grey_main_a
ROUGH_MATERIALS = soc_grass
LINES_MATERIALS = sochi_white_lines, sochi_gridlines

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back