Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Small tiny update:
  • Changed brake caliper labels from the Brembo to Alcon
  • Minor adjustment to headlights, foglamps and hue
  • Added baked VAO
Are the wheel buttons always illuminated now. I can tell no difference between lights on and off. Also, the exhaust does not glow. As a request, on any future update, could you make it to where the headlights can flash?

Last edited:
Honda Civic Type R FK8 Update Includes track version

Lots of minor and big fixes

View attachment 1086405View attachment 1086406View attachment 1086407View attachment 1086408View attachment 1086409View attachment 1086410View attachment 1086411
View attachment 1086412

View attachment 1086405View attachment 1086406View attachment 1086407View attachment 1086408View attachment 1086409View attachment 1086410View attachment 1086411
View attachment 1086412
There's a lot to like about these! Keep at it!

While the stock model seems okay, the track version has a couple of issues.

Turbo Engine Damage: Be sure to test these with car damage visible. Turbo Boost Threshold needs to be adjusted in engine.ini--the turbo is constantly damaging the engine. You increased the turbo, pushing it to 1.6 bar. TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD needs to be changed from 1.20 to 1.60.

Test tire temps: I drove a couple of laps, really grinding the front tires, and I couldn't get any heat to stay in them. The back tires usually get some temp in them on really technical tracks, with a lot of turns. Eventually, the front tires have very little heat, contributing to understeer, and the back tires are ice cold, causing the rear of the car to slide and skate around, contributing to snap oversteer.

Last edited:
Are the wheel buttons always illuminated now. I can tell no difference between lights on and off. Also, the exhaust does not glow. As a request, on any future update, could you make it to where the headlights can flash?
Yes, once the wheel is plugged into the car's steering column/fanatec Wheel Base, the buttons light up regardless if the headlights are on or off as long there's power feeding into the wheel.

When it is in the car...

And when it is plugged into the Wheel Base (I feel this is pretty symbolic how the line is getting fuzzier):

Though there is an onboard where I assume the flash is used, the way they positioned the camera hides almost everything :(

I'm not sure where a pictogram/icon would be placed on the Bosch screen, whether it would be something like in the outgoing M6 or in the Audis and Ferraris and how it behaves, I don't know for sure yet until we get to see night onboard footages or reliable images. But for now, we have to wait for more media materials to arrive, OR, wait for ACC's version to come. 🤞

The exhaust glow is something I'm yet to see as well. We have not seen the car in action at night yet so I have no idea how it would behave at night.

Headlight flash is another thing I want to work on next in the config, the pit lights flash in an alternating fashion and I'm not sure if that can be done. It won't be soon because I have some work to get done. I'll try to do this on my spare time now.

There's only so much I can do. Besides, I'm not working with/for URD, and AFAIK, they said they're working on updates/fixes and I hope they would address these issues, I'm just providing my own input through this. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
Yes, once the wheel is plugged into the car's steering column/fanatec Wheel Base, the buttons light up regardless if the headlights are on or off as long there's power feeding into the wheel.

When it is in the car...

And when it is plugged into the Wheel Base (I feel this is pretty symbolic how the line is getting fuzzier):

Though there is an onboard where I assume the flash is used, the way they positioned the camera hides almost everything :(

I'm not sure where a pictogram/icon would be placed on the Bosch screen, whether it would be something like in the outgoing M6 or in the Audis and Ferraris and how it behaves, I don't know for sure yet until we get to see night onboard footages or reliable images. But for now, we have to wait for more media materials to arrive, OR, wait for ACC's version to come. 🤞

The exhaust and lights are some of the things I'm yet to see as well. For the former, we have not seen the car in action at night yet so I have no idea how it would behave at night.

Headlight flash is another thing I want to work on next in the config, the pit lights flash in an alternating fashion and I'm not sure if that can be done. It won't be soon because I have some work to get done. I'll try to do this on my spare time now.

There's only so much I can do. Besides, I'm not working with/for URD, and AFAIK, they said they're working on updates/fixes and I hope they would address these issues, I'm just providing my own input through this. Thank you for your understanding.

I tried working on getting the headlights to flash using Flash=1 for HL but it did not work. I like where you are going with this mod. Keep it up.

Do you guys happen to know if there is a list of tracks shorter than 3km(1.8miles)?
I'm interested in doing some cams for short tracks but recently I'm only finding tracks longer than that.

Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic Type R FK8 Update Includes track version

Lots of minor and big fixes

View attachment 1086412

View attachment 1086412
Hi, nice work! I can use the original animated doors from the original and this works, can you add it? but I have a transparency problem mainly with the stock version...see the pictures please, it`s happened in the replay mode, but using the F8 command for a photo, the transparency looks dark instead..., and using the door's animations, I see the same problem in both cars around the inter of the doors...please check it

Attachments

• acs 2021-10-14 22-22-44.png
    acs 2021-10-14 22-22-44.png
    121 KB · Views: 11
  • __custom_showroom_1634268936.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1634268936.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
I tried working on getting the headlights to flash using Flash=1 for HL but it did not work. I like where you are going with this mod. Keep it up.
Since there's a small window of time for me, here's another tiny update:

• Adjustments made to the data.acd, CSP headlights and DRL are disabled in CSP to utilize the flash script. It seems that there's no CSP config for flash besides lowbeam, highbeam and hazards???

• Headlights can now flash but couldn't emit blasts of lights ahead, only faintly. But oddly does so when in pits. Game engine related maybe?? :confused: Edit: Got this to work now :)

• DRL brightness adjusted and can emit light to an extent, since some non-frosted/diffused DRLs can be almost as bright as headlights in certain light conditions, helps with the momentary (now four instead of the Kunos default eight flashes per trigger) loss of illumination when flash is used, not sure if accurate. Though this can vary depending on the PP filter you use.
    Edit 2: Reduced brightness slightly

• Minor DRL IOR and FilmIOR adjustment

File is updated, same link

Attachments

• Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_bilsterberg_15-9-121-12-0-30.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_bilsterberg_15-9-121-12-0-30.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211015120105_1.jpg
    20211015120105_1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Since there's a small window of time for me, here's another tiny update:

• Adjustments made to the data.acd, CSP headlights and DRL are disabled in CSP to utilize the flash script. It seems that there's no CSP config for flash besides lowbeam, highbeam and hazards???

• Headlights can now flash but couldn't emit blasts of lights ahead, only faintly. But oddly does so when in pits. Game engine related maybe?? :confused: Edit: Got this to work now :)

• DRL brightness adjusted and can emit light to an extent, since some non-frosted/diffused DRLs can be almost as bright as headlights in certain light conditions, helps with the momentary (now four instead of the Kunos default eight flashes per trigger) loss of illumination when flash is used, not sure if accurate. Though this can vary depending on the PP filter you use.
    Edit 2: Reduced brightness slightly

• Minor DRL IOR and FilmIOR adjustment

File is updated, same link
haveing drl isnt really a problem, you can make it up with a few config lines. however the lowbeam object is everything on the bayro, for you ( not for me anymore as ive changed that internally and made proper low and highbeams). the only car i can imagine where you dont have a hassle of makeing a nice flasher is a acc 991.2 since it has a seperate object for that. it can be done by putting the object 2 times in there and makeing it a flashing lowbeam aswell, but have a config entry which says, only at activation it should appear. either way youd have to work with compromises which isnt really worth it for such a small feature someone barely uses tbh. since some parts will be remodeled your mod probably stays just a temp solution for the moment till some better meshes are applied.

haveing drl isnt really a problem, you can make it up with a few config lines. however the lowbeam object is everything on the bayro, for you ( not for me anymore as ive changed that internally and made proper low and highbeams). the only car i can imagine where you dont have a hassle of makeing a nice flasher is a acc 991.2 since it has a seperate object for that. it can be done by putting the object 2 times in there and makeing it a flashing lowbeam aswell, but have a config entry which says, only at activation it should appear. either way youd have to work with compromises which isnt really worth it for such a small feature someone barely uses tbh. since some parts will be remodeled your mod probably stays just a temp solution for the moment till some better meshes are applied.
You're right. I guess I should stop and put it to rest here.

Hi, nice work! I can use the original animated doors from the original and this works, can you add it? but I have a transparency problem mainly with the stock version...see the pictures please, it`s happened in the replay mode, but using the F8 command for a photo, the transparency looks dark instead..., and using the door's animations, I see the same problem in both cars around the inter of the doors...please check it

Still Wip ✌✌😄

And crypto animated display is done ! 🙂
The shortest but certainly not the easiest one !

The three "advanced" animated displays will be added to Istanbul extension update this weekend... and in the other and upcoming extensions as well 😉

will these be editable if we wanted to?

I tried this one, but it affect all cameras in the camera.ini file, but not the dash_cam.ini

I do not think it is a dev app available, one of genius modder will have to create it.
I don´t know what you are doing or want to achieve exactly but I easily edit the dash cam of a car with this app, when necessary. Maybe we aren´t on the same page here.

I don´t know what you are doing or want to achieve exactly but I easily edit the dash cam of a car with this app, when necessary. Maybe we aren´t on the same page here.
My goal is to correct the dash cam in game, when I use the camera editor app, all camera setting work, except for F1-4 F1-5 and F1-6, which seems to be dash cam from the view they bring on the screen, but the up and down, etc... buttons are not working. they do in all other camera mode.

Edit, finally figured it out. Using the save dash button (only there if data is unpacked) in the onboard settings app, will set the dash cam same as cockpit view, but to see the result, you need to exit the game and re-enter.
So, not exactly, what I wanted, but better, easier, faster than trying to adjust the dash_cam.ini.

Last edited:
I have an issue with that app: It doesn't let me save the cameras. I have to edit them each drive.
I am also wondering how to make this particular application save the position of the configured cameras? I am able to customize the view, but this does not persist. Maybe someone knows what the problem is, because the application has a "save" button?
I mean the developers' application "camera editor".

Last edited:
I am also wondering how to make this particular application save the position of the configured cameras? I am able to customize the view, but this does not persist. Maybe someone knows what the problem is, because the application has a "save" button?
I mean the developers' application "camera editor".
Check that the car has no data.acd, the app won't save camera positions unless the data is unpacked in folder form.

Quick question:
I have been doing some (extremely basic) skins in Photoshop. I downloaded the Pluggin to use DDS files and for a while I was able to make it work. But I think I may have touched one of the save options and now I am not able to make it work again. What would be the correct combination?
Texture type: Color
Color + Alpha
Cube map from layers
Cube map from crossed image
Normal map
What compression is the correct one?
Do I do something with Mip Maps?
Thabks for the help.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back