Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Utter guff as usual around this topic.
Don't use modded AC to benchmark your rig.

You don't know what CSP / SOL settings this guy runs, maybe something there?

Benchmark in ACC or for me its MSFS.
If my system runs them well enough then its all good.

Far too many variables in modded AC.
Just the usual "get a new GPU" is so stupid, not only because a new GPU for some modders badly optimized track is laughable.
Also it fails to ask what of the CPU?

Don't benchmark your system over a heavily modded multi variable 8 odd year old game.....just don't.

Certainly don't trade in a 2060 for 1080 ti because of a modded track. Jesus....
I have a 1050ti 4GB and it runs at 50-80 fps depending on track/car 15 ai drivers and middle to high quality

Nope, all good here, actually more than good.

This car cockpit is amazing, one of the most beautiful cockpit ever, down to the h shifter shifting to the proper gear.
This cockpit is VR heaven.
The model is gorgeous and while it's entertaining to drive I can't really believe it's even remotely realistic. There is no part of me that believes I could lap a real Singer as quick around Laguna Seca as Randy Pobst lapped it with the GT2RS, with relatively similar lbs/HP and about a 1,000lb downforce advantage for the GT2RS. Still fun, I just wish the physics were realistic.
I already have a C8R from ACF here. And now I'm thinking about whether I should keep it or get the one from URD. Is it worth it?
Like night and day, the ACF one isn't bad at all but I just finished driving the URD C8 and I was actually giggling when I was doing my in-lap, haven't had that feeling on the sim in a LONG time.

The model is gorgeous and while it's entertaining to drive I can't really believe it's even remotely realistic. There is no part of me that believes I could lap a real Singer as quick around Laguna Seca as Randy Pobst lapped it with the GT2RS, with relatively similar lbs/HP and about a 1,000lb downforce advantage for the GT2RS. Still fun, I just wish the physics were realistic.
I think its also 200+kg lighter than a GT2 RS, but I think most cars are faster than IRL, even Kunos ones...

I find it hard to really compare to IRL since the tires and track grip in game are probably more idealized. There are areas where I think IRL tires do much better than most modder does in game but in other times you just won't see the kind of cornering grip IRL. Most of the time at the end of the day I am looking for cars that feels as they might IRL in behavior. As long as they are not leagues over their contemporaries its probably alright. The 675LT from a while ago was what I'd consider too much, as is maybe the M2 CS or their M3 pack. Senna is kinda hard to gauge. I also try to stay away from their "stickiest tires" in most cases...

At the very least at least its not stuck to the ground...

Beautiful work URD for Corvette C8R
Screenshot_urd_michigan_egt_acu_unitedstates_17-9-121-19-3-21.jpg

Last edited:
hello do you know how the mod of SimRacing SCG007 works and how I tried it with JGSME and Content Manager nothing helps thank you darlings

hello do you know how the mod of SimRacing SCG007 works and how I tried it with JGSME and Content Manager nothing helps thank you darlings

Perhaps you should try again, but put it in caps next time.

:rolleyes:

The new URD EGT Michigan is excellent! Now I need a Porsche to complete the GTLM/GTE class I've got going. Does anyone know of a 2020 or 2021 Porsche 911 RSR GTLM/GTE that is BOP'd or close to the other URD EGT/GTE cars. I tested all cars, the Ford GT, BMW M8, Aston Martin, and the Corvette, they all stack up very closely. Just need the Porsche to round out the class...

I tried the old URD 2018 RSR but it just doesn't have the speed to keep up with the other cars.

i was looking for an answer to this as well ,the porsche cant keep up
That's a reason why I've been kind of unsure about whether I want to buy the new Michigan from URD. I have the ACF version already and it's a pretty good version of the C8.R, but now URD have released their rendition of it, and updates of some of their GTE cars from last year, with a BOP that make them around 4-5 seconds per lap faster than other GT cars (older URD, RSS, Kunos etc) at most tracks. I don't know if I want to deal with the headache of having to nerf all of their new updates and the Michigan to what I currently have.

Last edited:
hello guys I have a question to see the colours of the drivers helmets online where you have to go to act on content manager, because in the show room I see them on CM once in the server are all the same.
Thanks for the help you can give me

bit late but been tinkering. managed to fix the ai for the Porsche 909 Bergespyder. did anyone ever manage to sort out the shadow issues on this? the tires become dark on opponents cars after roughly 10 meteres distance?

heres the working ai ini.

Attachments

• ai.zip
    431 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:
I have a 1050ti 4GB and it runs at 50-80 fps depending on track/car 15 ai drivers and middle to high quality
Yep used to have the same performance with a GTX 1060 6GB, now i've bumped it all upwards with a 2070, but still just so many variables.

Just funny that some people still just remark that someone needs a better GPU or whatever, because a modded track is sucking up resources.
You have to be demented to build a PC around modded AC.

If i can run AMS2 at Hockenheim with 30 odd AI on high to max settings, but same track on AC that is modded i can only do 20 AI...
Its the mod at 'fault'.

When will you stop asking for this car with working wipers? (Other than after you receive the car.) People are not ignoring you. Maybe most of us don't have the car with working wipers. Don't expect everyone to reply "not me" until someone says yes.
Oh my God, I beg your pardon for the inconvenience, your highness, for your favor, grateful for the answer, and for your supreme patience... a thousand pardons, do not condemn me, I beg you, sovereign of all promptness... have pity on this poor man father of the family... apologies from Brazil

AC does not depend so much on GPU, it is more important to have a good CPU with modern architecture
Correct, but it is still also a pointless benchmark for a system, unless you used vanilla AC, and who the hell would use an 8 year old game to benchmark?
Benchmarking against a beta CSP/ rainfx using random converted tracks and cars with silly ammounts of settings and 30 odd CSP and SOL versions is the stuff of utter stupidity.
As is advising people to "Get a better GPU", which is where this started....

Last edited:
I think its also 200+kg lighter than a GT2 RS, but I think most cars are faster than IRL, even Kunos ones...

I find it hard to really compare to IRL since the tires and track grip in game are probably more idealized. There are areas where I think IRL tires do much better than most modder does in game but in other times you just won't see the kind of cornering grip IRL. Most of the time at the end of the day I am looking for cars that feels as they might IRL in behavior. As long as they are not leagues over their contemporaries its probably alright. The 675LT from a while ago was what I'd consider too much, as is maybe the M2 CS or their M3 pack. Senna is kinda hard to gauge. I also try to stay away from their "stickiest tires" in most cases...

At the very least at least its not stuck to the ground...
Oh yeah the GT2RS is a porker compared to the DLS, but they have surprisingly close power to weight ratios (4.36 lbs/HP for the DLS vs. 4.57 lbs/HP for the GT2RS), and the GT2 RS probably has a ~700lb downforce advantage. The mod is still great, but at least for how I use AC (for practicing track driving and simulating track days) it's unrealistic to have the two cars matching performance especially when they're supposed to share the same Cup 2s.

Regardless still a good mod, I just wish the guy who did the physics wasn't always so "optimistic" with how much performance the car is capable of.

Also on a side note the new Senna seems pretty good, I tend to prefer it with the front splitter at max AERO and the car is much more stable on turn-in and seems to behave closely to how I've heard a good track-prepped Senna should.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back