Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
dms
Nice! Not sure what happened here though... 😅

View attachment 1102938

View attachment 1102939

Sorted itself out the next run.
This might be an issue of one of the extra control buttons being hit or activated that's set up to open the trunk. However, after seeing this, I'm going to have to drive it again. During really hard braking, I swear I kept seeing something happening in the rear view mirror, like a wing or something was lifting.

Thanks to Zizh Games, who gave us some new russian cars for Christmas, I tried to pack some russian cars together on the grid to simulate russian racing car championship in the 90's.
View attachment 1102926
View attachment 1102927
I wanted to race in a russian track, and finally i selected the Togliatti Ring. Sadly the AI don't work, the cars stuck on the grid. ☹️
Unbelivable, but 1 day later, Carcide released on RaceDepartment fixes for this track. 🤓

I play some races with the Samara, the layout of the track is very good, I really like these races. The opponents are the other 2108, the SCC version of Lada 2101 and Moskvich, the IZH Oda 1600, Vaz2106Club, and I put the Golf2 BTCC as a western car. Sadly the 2105 A2 was very slow compared to others...
(Two day before, I realised that, I missed the VFTS and the Volga, they are also good opponents.)

But one thing is disturb me. The track cams.... They are too far. (The FOV is too large) 😕
So I modified the original cameras FOV from 60 to 30. And fixes the bug with the last and first cameras.

Maybe in some place is it a bit far yet, but when I see a replay I like to wach the other too. I not like the "very zoomed" cameras where only the driver head is visible...😉

Writing this post was take more time, than made this "new" cams. (including the test run laps) 😅
But this is the story behind this mod.

I hope you will enjoy this!
Happy New Year!
Thanks for the cams.
But what is (for me) much more disturbing than the cam FOV, are thos horrible looking trees (in your first picture).
Bad enough to not keep the track installed...

Anyone knows how to implement the LOD generator in CM? I've tried to follow a tut on youtube, but it basically misses all the steps needed. I have a free license of Simplygon, installed and activated the free license of 5 yrs, but i can have the option in CM to make LODs. There's something i miss, something to activate or what? Thanks in advance
Nothing to activate. CM looks (when you first click the button) for the licensed EXE and prompts you if it can't find SimplyGon.exe.
But that happens after your problem, if I understand you correctly.
You don't see a "Generate LODs" button at the bottom of the car details page, right?
Silly Q, but is developer mode on? Lots of stuff hides, if it's not.

Last edited:
Nothing to activate. CM looks (when you first click the button) for the licensed EXE and prompts you if it can't find SimplyGon.exe.
But that happens after your problem, if I understand you correctly.
You don't see a "Generate LODs" button at the bottom of the car details page, right?
Silly Q, but is developer mode on? Lots of stuff hides, if it's not.
Yeah, you understood right, no generate lods button available.

As far as i know it should be in dev mode because i can unpack the data pack for the car which is a dev function :-/

Just something I've been working on for a couple of days now

JI0XKM6.jpg

Dw05PtH.jpg

Thanks to Zizh Games, who gave us some new russian cars for Christmas, I tried to pack some russian cars together on the grid to simulate russian racing car championship in the 90's.
View attachment 1102926
View attachment 1102927
I wanted to race in a russian track, and finally i selected the Togliatti Ring. Sadly the AI don't work, the cars stuck on the grid. ☹️
Unbelivable, but 1 day later, Carcide released on RaceDepartment fixes for this track. 🤓

I play some races with the Samara, the layout of the track is very good, I really like these races. The opponents are the other 2108, the SCC version of Lada 2101 and Moskvich, the IZH Oda 1600, Vaz2106Club, and I put the Golf2 BTCC as a western car. Sadly the 2105 A2 was very slow compared to others...
(Two day before, I realised that, I missed the VFTS and the Volga, they are also good opponents.)

But one thing is disturb me. The track cams.... They are too far. (The FOV is too large) 😕
So I modified the original cameras FOV from 60 to 30. And fixes the bug with the last and first cameras.

Maybe in some place is it a bit far yet, but when I see a replay I like to wach the other too. I not like the "very zoomed" cameras where only the driver head is visible...😉

Writing this post was take more time, than made this "new" cams. (including the test run laps) 😅
But this is the story behind this mod.

I hope you will enjoy this!
Happy New Year!
I noticed the news from Zizh Games and I thought that his older cars will never be updated/fixed. :(

Beautiful mod!

...and another prime example of a mod that needs someone to work on the tire LUTs. After 15 laps around Toscana, the rear tires are still cold, no matter how hard I try to warm them up, and with that, the rear end often comes loose and around.

With an update that fixes this (I hope there's one), it will not just be a beautiful mod--It will be an excellent mod!
Yeah they went cold after half a lap at Goodwood (lol) and never picked up heat again.
Otherwise another great mod from them.

Hello to everyone and a happy new year!

Noob question here.
In the power graph section of the cars there are three options. The two of them are "recalculate curves...". Which one should i use (what's the purpose of these options) and does it actually change the performance of the car? (i.e. tranmission loss).

Thank you in advance.

Happy New Year guys 🍾
I can't take it anymore with CM, it doesn't allow me to do a personalized championship and I don't understand why: It doesn't record the progress, it changes the name and nationality of the drivers, after "X" races it resets for no reason😡🤬🤯 .. .

Hello to everyone and a happy new year!

Noob question here.
In the power graph section of the cars there are three options. The two of them are "recalculate curves...". Which one should i use (what's the purpose of these options) and does it actually change the performance of the car? (i.e. tranmission loss).

Thank you in advance.
Last first.
No, none of these change the car's performance.
They only draw the curves on the graph (and one changes the displayed values for BHP and Torque)

Performance depends on the data in the engine.ini and power.lut files (which might be packed in data.acd)

The only one I use, is "recalculate curves using data only".
This option uses the data in the files, which represent torque at the wheels, and the transmission loss you choose (generally accepted as 15%) to calculate power and torque values at the crankshaft (so working backwards), plots those values on the UI graph, and sets the resulting values for BHP and Torque which are displayed in the UI (and saved/stored in car_ui.json).
The upshot of using this is a real view of what the modder has done in the physics. If the real car had 100 bhp at the crank, and that feels too sluggish, the modder may have gee'd it up some, to drive better. This will show that.

The other two options take a more ... "fairy-tale" view of the whole exercise, either simply vertically stretching/compressing the graphs (scaling) to match the displayed peak BHP and Torque values, ie. "It had 100 BHP at the crank, fake the graphs look like that", or using an undisclosed formula to use the data in the files, AND the displayed UI values, and somehow draw the curves from both those data sources, to match the displayed UI values. I guess these options are for folks who don't care what the modder has done, they'd like the UI to reflect what the car really had (or whatever they chose to enter in the BHP and Torque UI values).

Again, NONE of these change the actual data, or car performance, ONLY what you see in the UI.

Hope that helps.

Last first.
No, none of these change the car's performance.
They only draw the curves on the graph (and one changes the displayed values for BHP and Torque)

Performance depends on the data in the engine.ini and power.lut files (which might be packed in data.acd)

The only one I use, is "recalculate curves using data only".
This option uses the data in the files, which represent torque at the wheels, and the transmission loss you choose (generally accepted as 15%) to calculate power and torque values at the crankshaft (so working backwards), plots those values on the UI graph, and sets the resulting values for BHP and Torque which are displayed in the UI (and saved/stored in car_ui.json).
The upshot of using this is a real view of what the modder has done in the physics. If the real car had 100 bhp at the crank, and that feels too sluggish, the modder may have gee'd it up some, to drive better. This will show that.

The other two options take a more ... "fairy-tale" view of the whole exercise, either simply vertically stretching/compressing the graphs (scaling) to match the displayed peak BHP and Torque values, ie. "It had 100 BHP at the crank, fake the graphs look like that", or using an undisclosed formula to use the data in the files, AND the displayed UI values, and somehow draw the curves from both those data sources, to match the displayed UI values. I guess these options are for folks who don't care what the modder has done, they'd like the UI to reflect what the car really had (or whatever they chose to enter in the BHP and Torque UI values).

Again, NONE of these change the actual data, or car performance, ONLY what you see in the UI.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for your extensive explanation! Perfectly understood now! A springbok (the drink) for you sir!

Happy New Year guys 🍾
I can't take it anymore with CM, it doesn't allow me to do a personalized championship and I don't understand why: It doesn't record the progress, it changes the name and nationality of the drivers, after "X" races it resets for no reason😡🤬🤯 .. .
Happy New Year everyone!

It does not help you but thats a reason i run all my championships through vanilla launcher. Have heard 100 times of all kind weird problems using CM and custom championships.
For sure there are also many people without problems, just saying

Happy New Year everyone!

It does not help you but thats a reason i run all my championships through vanilla launcher. Have heard 100 times of all kind weird problems using CM and custom championships.
For sure there are also many people without problems, just saying
Did CM give the same problem to other people as well? Maybe it's a bug 😥🤬

Hi Guys,
is there a fix for vhe_hockenheim 1.2 or 1.3 for the pitproblem with overspeeding a little bit on some areas in the pitlane? i tried frankalexandre´s meshupdate but unfortunally the problem occurs again. Any help is very appreciated. thank you.

Hello everyone and happy new year!

Does anyone know how to make the newly released 205 Rallye (msc_peugeot_205_rallye) a bit better physics wise?
The mod is so good it's a shame the car doesn't know any kind of lift off oversteer, like the rear is glued to the tarmac, you really have to try hard or with the handbrake to make it loose, when in fact the 205 (any version, some more than others) is quite known for its precise driving requirements when attacking. Thanks !

Edit :
Same thing for the Alpine A110 2017 posted a few posts above mine, it's so planted even with max toe out in rear, the A110 being a stable but nimble and tricky car (seeing the reviews), I would expect it more "lively"

Last edited:
It's back again https://assettoland10.wixsite.com/assettoland/cars

CSP 0.1.77-preview1 and Pure 0.58
Can someone explain this weird bug? Probably happening with all cars. The Senna is rwd by the way.
Tire marks not coming from the correct tires and changes place. Barely noticeable with regular track cameras

First shot is camtool, second take is from a track camera (F3)
Second shot is to make sure it's not marks from the front tires while braking. It wasn't the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
GT Sport Alpine A110
Thanks for the heads up about the A110, it's nice to see this beautiful car finally get the respect it deserves in AC. Lucac26 really did do a fantastic job with the conversion. The cockpit is a wonderful place to occupy in VR.
Here's a promo video that he made for the launch in case anyone needs convincing further.

Thanks for the heads up about the A110, it's nice to see this beautiful car finally get the respect it deserves in AC. Lucac26 really did do a fantastic job with the conversion. The cockpit is a wonderful place to occupy in VR.
Here's a promo video that he made for the launch in case anyone needs convincing further.

Real shame you can't make custom preview images for it. 😕

unfortunately it doesn't work in gallery and csp 1.70 doesn't work either. I hope someone creates a passwordless model. at least the one that works in the gallery.

Really hoping for a future update that will allow us to make custom previews for encrypted models, at the least.
Not having them all match upsets my OCD, ha.
And not being able to adjust the steering assist setting in the config file upsets my driving experience too!

Oh well. In the trash it goes.

And I might as well be the first person to say it in 2022: For these reasons, I hate encryption. 😁 What a waste of an otherwise very nice mod.

re: encrypted previews

I have an idea on how to possibly overcome this if you are desperate...

1. copy desired showroom to ./tracks
2. add an AC_PIT_0 to the showroom-track at position 0,0,0 with Blender/3dsimed
3. launch track
4. take screenshot
5. copy screenshot to skin folder as preview.png

cheers!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back