Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
ive since spoken to easy and he wants to make his site more like assettoland aka a site for hosting everything which can only benefit all.

fair points raised from everyone which have certainly changed my perspective about modding.

shi
Arctic Circle Raceway v0.71
View attachment 1111616
v0.6 changelog;
-Solving the problem of ghosting in pit by @pugsang .
-New AI lanes by @racealot .
-Additional Replay Cams by @racealot .
-Fixed the missing wall.

v0.7 changelog;
-ext_config.ini and texture updated by @slider666 .

v0.71 changelog;
-ext_config.ini (seasons mode) updated by @Breathe .

Known issues;.
-Treewall slowly disappears from the mirror. (Checking the Custom render distance in the Smart Mirror settings in CSP will resolve the issue.) @Breathe , thanks for reporting back.

Enjoy.
Arctic Circle Raceway
v0.71 changelog;
-ext_config.ini (seasons mode) updated by @Breathe .

I am using the ACSPRH helmets for 90's mods and would like to delete the Hans system and spoliers. Anybody here perhaps knows how to, preferably via config.exe. Tried 3dSimEd already of no avail...

I bet they will all be hosted with sharemods links that he profits from.
I am not sure why this is a problem for anyone. It doesn't cost us a cent to download from sharemods. If we don't like what we download we can just bin it. Why should someone not make a very small profit from using that host? None of this is an endorsement or otherwise of Easy's approach to "improving" a bit and claiming the mods as ACTK.

I am not sure why this is a problem for anyone. It doesn't cost us a cent to download from sharemods. If we don't like what we download we can just bin it. Why should someone not make a very small profit from using that host? None of this is an endorsement or otherwise of Easy's approach to "improving" a bit and claiming the mods as ACTK.
It's more the second point in your post where the issue lies. Claiming the mods as his own and not crediting the original author is the problem. Being responsible for the closure of (his apparent rival) Assettoland hasn't helped his cause.

Anyway, I think I've made my feelings clear about his ethics, so I'll be avoiding this subject in the future. He has lived rent-free in my head for long enough!

Sharemods is now more of a faff than it used to be. The delay has increased significantly before the d/l link is generated, and you now have to manually activate the download when the link finally appears. It occasionally insists on loops of Captcha hoop-jumping too.

God knows what dung they throw at you without an adblocker.

Still not able to use a rig so thought id use the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT to make a Custom Championship based on the Gran Turismo circuits and some nation skins.
Here are a few (very Raw) WIP skins and the car if your interested to try them out
Skins:
Car:

Also @Atrupelador has posted on YouTube re work on a new version

great thank u!
any chance for Atrupelador's release? currently it has only 4 liveries(

I was talking about Chivas's:)

Yeah, well, you will find both cars having the same folder name and in fact it's exactly the same car.
The one you say is from Chivas has no author and no version number in the ui, while the one I pointed out has Sim Dream Development mentioned as author (updated by @delpinsky) v1.1.
Obviously the skins I posted will fit both cars.

I've added a few more skins for Deplinsky's version of the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT GR3
They are based on the Prefecture districts in Japan - There are 9 initial with more to come- All are fictional skins with real Japanese driver names

Eventually I'll put together a Gran Turismo type championship with them as well

Please feel free to use, amend and share if you so wish or dump if so inclined 🤔

toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_JAPANSKINS_v1.0a.zip https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TxWhy1HwKEn57OvtD14XmoojzO5gf1s?usp=sharing
Car is in same folder

Earlier WIP skins here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-3149#post-13576045

no, they are not the same, Chivas is a scratch made and "obviously" liveries don't fit.
Have you actually checked this before writing? i think you didn't
Did you actually put your brain in gear before writing stuff like this ?

Get your 'facts' straight.

By quoting the above posts I'd like to help you remembering all of it.

- @Cozy61 posts a car (no author or version number in the ui) and some new skins.

- You ask for more skins.

- My initial post in this (after checking said car and comparing it to mine) was about the existence of a updated version (adding a link to Delpinski's post) of that car and I also added a link for extra skins.
As it turns out the link for the car in said post seems to be dead atm (that I did not check, my bad).

- Then you quote me, telling me you were talking about Chivas... ?

Where does that come from ?
Cozy61 didn't mention either Chivas or SDD when he posted. In his following post he even specified the skins were for 'Delpinski' car.

And then you write that the cars are different, that the skins 'obviously' don't match, and that you think I didn't try.

I wrote before and I tell you again that the skins FIT BOTH CARS I have installed, i.e. the SDD car and the one posted recently by Cozy61.

And while I don't know if Chivas (I don't even know a Chivas' version of this car) made the car from scratch or not, IT IS the exact same as the one I posted (SimDream), bar some improvements made by Delpinski.
So they either used the same model, or someone stole from someone.

Did you actually put your brain in gear before writing stuff like this ?
absolutely. video at the end of the @Cozy61 post is about Chivas car - and i was asking whether is he interested to proceed with it. did you read this at all "Also @Atrupelador has posted on YouTube re work on a new version"?
By quoting the above posts I'd like to help you remembering all of it.
thank you, now please put your brain in gear about this useless conversation. i just asked one person who made liveries and asked a question related to his post, not yours. but.. you didn't read his post but write yours i was not asking about.. and then more persons intervene etc

absolutely. video at the end of the @Cozy61 post is about Chivas car - and i was asking whether is he interested to proceed with it. did you read this at all "Also @Atrupelador has posted on YouTube re work on a new version"?

thank you, now please put your brain in gear about this useless conversation. i just asked one person who made liveries and asked a question related to his post, not yours. but.. you didn't read his post but write yours i was not asking about.. and then more persons intervene etc
You are just ridiculous and not worth answering any more ---> IGNORE LIST :crazy:

At a guess the issue is when you close down Assettoland so you can then start your own version....
He'd go far in politics....and i say that with the least of respect.

Having said that, more people have decided to come out regards Easy (now he's gone) but very few said anything whilst he was here churning out his awful track conversions.

You shouldn't re-upload stuff that isn't yours without at least giving credit. I knew it was mine before I downloaded it to check. Just look at the flag5 texture, it has my name on it. I used to mark all my skins in some way. I doesn't matter now anyway.
Forgive me my friend, I did it without even thinking about authorship.
Just humanly responded to the request! I'll be more careful in the future!

This took me all morning (thanks to the atrocious ***** mapping). Some Team Candy / Team Tyrrell skins for the RSS F79 :

lPricsJ.png

Et2CqNu.png

Nose stripes aren't aligned but I couldnae be arsed anymore - as I said above the mapping is all over the bloody place.

Still better than the OG skin up on RD, though.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tyrrell-009-skins-for-rss-formula-79.33122/
Is this guy still active? Or does anyone have these specific skins?

Even if just a rip, someone invested time to bring us new content, leaving mere acknowlegment behind is just rude and sloppy.
It just takes few digits on a keyboard, jeez.

If someone wishes you a good day you don't get all paranoid trying to interpret society's secret codes and meanings, you just reply "good day to you". Unless you're a cold tight a$$ paranoid.
Few kind words won't ruin your (virtual) cars collector career.

I just wanted to publicly apologize for thinking ninezeroniner was accusing me of stealing the Porsche 914/6 Sonauto mod and I was -EASY-. I was unaware (because I never go to his site) that he had appropriated it without giving credit. Once again I apologize and hope he forgives an old man.
Absolutely no problemo. :cheers:

I can't understand how someone considers a conversion ''theirs''.

Converting is renaming files, adjusting lighting and putting 4 race boxes.

What is really yours in that process?

Just found some drag cars. It's actually super fun in AC, to see how they drive and handle. I'll be testing all those TX2K cars I've found. Most done by Gabe afaik.

Last edited:
I tried both NSU's from Velo's website, both seem to have flipped mirrors. Did anybody else experience this issue or is it local to my machine? I tried setting FLIP=1 in the real_mirrors config but to no avail.

Update: seems like restarting CM and/or reloading the mod in CM made it pick up the FLIP setting so my problem is now solved.

INI:
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=0

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1
Velo just updated the NSU with a fix for the flipped mirrors: https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/nsu.html

Last edited:
This is the one with the full sized human driver added.

It really needs a grip tune, it's almost like a drift car ATM.

I share my approach:
The car has carry over physics from the 911 RSR from Kunos, so totally opposite thnak it should be.

• Engine moved in the front, fuel tank in the back.
  • Corrected wheels
  • re-tuned aero
  • re-tuned engine (wasn't that powerfull) now well balanced to race with the ACL pack and the 240z from Geroda.
  • re-tuned suspension
  • amended setup settings
  • amended gear ratios
  • etc.

LINK_

I hope you like it.

Needs a proper turbo sound!:dopey:

I whish conversions were like that, but yeah.. saying it's yours isn't cool too.

It appears the definition of "my" is not so EASY to understand.
the last few pages have, in general, ruined my cake.
I want my CAKE
GIVE ME MY DAMN CAKE!
All good for me.
Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back