Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
Hey All,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renault Sport Spider 1.0 - Free Public Release

Shout out to @Masscot for suggesting the idea
Shout out to @TonySSS for supplying the model amongst many others
Shout out to @dragster666 for fixing the mirrors and door sills.

Having not been to sleep in a vey very long time any issues I'll try fix tomorrow. Of what I can see the Spyder top speed is a little low and the wheels are a bit wobbly due to the meshes themselves being really really wonky on the inside lip.

View attachment 1132218

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renault Sport Twizy F1 - Patreon Exclusive

View attachment 1132219

can you post direct link please ?

Hey All,
Having not been to sleep in a vey very long time any issues I'll try fix tomorrow. Of what I can see the Spyder top speed is a little low and the wheels are a bit wobbly due to the meshes themselves being really really wonky on the inside lip.
Very nice job @lorelord, the Spider is a lot of fun in spec races.
You mentioned fixes so I guess you're looking for bug reports when you wake up?
(I tried to fix some of these for you in the meantime but the data is encrypted)

• floating digits on the LCD lap timer, need z-adjustment to seat them on the face of the display
  • flipped mirror reflections (can be corrected with a mirror app, but really needs fixing at source)
  • dipping the headlights turns the headlights off completely
  • front blinkers in the headlight cluster don't light up
  • rear blinkers light the whole lens, as do brake lights. Be good if the rear light meshes were split so the blinker/lights/brake portions light up appropriately
  • the black casing of the rear number plate light illuminates, not just the lens. Mesh needs splitting like the rear lights?
  • the rear number plate doesn't actually get illuminated when the lights are on
  • LoD D is missing

Sorry about the long list, but hope this helps..!

Edit: front blinkers I could access, add this to the config (or ignore, I don't mind):

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_...]
NAME = 013-0-13
COLOR = 255, 128, 0, 5
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0, 1
LAG = 0.4
SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
LOCATION = Front
CAST_LIGHT = 1

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_...]
NAME = 016-0-16
COLOR = 255, 128, 0, 5
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0, 1
LAG = 0.4
SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
LOCATION = Front
CAST_LIGHT = 1

(or just add 013-0-13 to the existing [EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_...] and 016-0-16 to the existing [EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_...], the values are the same)

EDIT: forgot to look why the dipped headlights were turning off - sorry

Last edited:
(I tried to fix some of these for you in the meantime but the data is encrypted)

• floating digits on the LCD lap timer, need z-adjustment to seat them on the face of the display
  • flipped mirror reflections (can be corrected with a mirror app, but really needs fixing at source)
  • rear blinkers light the whole lens, as do brake lights. Be good if the rear light meshes were split so the blinker/lights/brake portions light up appropriately
  • the black casing of the rear number plate light illuminates, not just the lens. Mesh needs splitting like the rear lights?
  • LoD D is missing

Don't have any knowledge about this mod, or any other mod in particular but this kind of constructive critisism is what makes not only modders improve, but everyone in every part of life. Thank you for doing this, even though I won't use the mod in this specific case!

Hi, I have installed the mod Bmw 320 E36 Judd v1.8: I can't use it in the race with other cars because the game crashes. Can you explain to me why?

I'm afraid not. I just installed and raced the car without issues...

Okay. I have tried to fiddle with a mod myself, and got a couple questions along the way:

-> If I have a free LED on my dash, how can I tell it to turn on whenever TC or ABS respectively are active? It is adressable, since a different function was assigned to it before (in digital_instruments.ini).

-> On that note: How do I accurately set the color of said LED? If I take the RGB values of the desired color and try them as they are, they always turn out way too light when active.

-> In the aero.ini the wings are defined with an "angle" value. How do the values in the setup affect that? Do they add up on top of the defined angle (e.g. angle = 5 in aero.ini and setup set the wing angle to 5 = 10 degrees effective) or does the setup overwrite the defined angle, making it more like the "default" value?

Any help would be appreciated :)

• LoD D is missing

Edit: front blinkers I could access, add this to the config (or ignore, I don't mind):

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_...]
NAME = 013-0-13
COLOR = 255, 128, 0, 5
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0, 1
LAG = 0.4
SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
LOCATION = Front
CAST_LIGHT = 1

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_...]
NAME = 016-0-16
COLOR = 255, 128, 0, 5
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0, 1
LAG = 0.4
SIMULATE_HEATING = 0.3
LOCATION = Front
CAST_LIGHT = 1

(or just add 013-0-13 to the existing [EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_...] and 016-0-16 to the existing [EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_...], the values are the same)

EDIT: forgot to look why the dipped headlights were turning off - sorry
Glad its not too shabby,

I did want you to beta test this but it was so far done thought it'd be easier to release and have everyone let me know what needs improving.

Ok so:

• floating digits on the LCD lap timer - Ill fix this
  • flipped mirror reflections - I'm not particularly strong on uvmapping yet but I think reversing the face should fix this.
  • dipping the headlights turns the headlights off completely - ill read up on this and fix
  • front blinkers in the headlight cluster don't light up - as above
  • rear blinkers light the whole lens, as do brake lights. - ill try and split the mesh
  • the black casing of the rear number plate light illuminates, not just the lens. - correct ill try and break the lights out
  • the rear number plate doesn't actually get illuminated when the lights are on - ill look into this. i was tempted to remove the plates altogether or maybe add road ones
  • LoD D is missing - using lod generator makes lod d all black, the file sizes of c and d are so small that I don't think it makes a difference so I started dropping d altogether. unless its required for something else?
I'll pm you with the fixed version before public release for a once over. Gonna be a week or so though as I'm trying to do some work to my rig.

Congrats for the new release Lorelord...
Hope you'll be able to sleep a.s.a.p. and re-charge your batteries
cheers fella!
In addition to the things mentioned above, can the interior of the car, especially the steering wheel, be seen better?
try using the onboard app to move the driving position. I switch between VR and UltraWidescreen when testing which gives a different perspective.

Glad its not too shabby,

I did want you to beta test this but it was so far done thought it'd be easier to release and have everyone let me know what needs improving.

Ok so:

• flipped mirror reflections - I'm not particularly strong on uvmapping yet but I think reversing the face should fix this.
  • dipping the headlights turns the headlights off completely - ill read up on this and fix
  • rear blinkers light the whole lens, as do brake lights. - ill try and split the mesh
  • the black casing of the rear number plate light illuminates, not just the lens. - correct ill try and break the lights out
  • the rear number plate doesn't actually get illuminated when the lights are on - ill look into this. i was tempted to remove the plates altogether or maybe add road ones
  • LoD D is missing - using lod generator makes lod d all black, the file sizes of c and d are so small that I don't think it makes a difference so I started dropping d altogether. unless its required for something else?
I'll pm you with the fixed version before public release for a once over. Gonna be a week or so though as I'm trying to do some work to my rig.

cheers fella!

try using the onboard app to move the driving position. I switch between VR and UltraWidescreen when testing which gives a different perspective.
Thanks dude, look forward to it!
I posted a fix for the front blinkers, and there's a simple trick to fix the black LoD D which I'll find when at my PC a little later.
Really like the car, you've done a great job.

@lorelord, to have a proper paint coloured LoD D when using the CM LOD generator:

Open CM Showroom and click on a car paint mesh to find out its material name

Copy/Paste that name into Car paint meshes in the LOD generator and add "material:" in front of it (without the quote marks)

So this box for the Noble now reads material:Material #648

Generate the LODs as per usual

No idea why Ilja didn't set this up so that LOD D does this automatically in the generator, black LOD D's are visible out on the track and look daft.

(thanks to @norms for the notes)

Last edited:
Version 1.1 - Released 2022.04.02
BMW V12 LMR (1999)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

CREDITS
• Original author unknown
• Velos Mods for base mod updates

FEATURING
• new physics from scratch
• new suspensions geometry
• CSP extended physics with aero maps
• brakes thermodynamics
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• improved graphics performance

CHANGELOG v1.1

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• minor enhancement to tyre model

Visual
• added rear lights (thanks @Masscot for the report)
• added blinkers in pitlane

View attachment 1130580

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Glad its not too shabby,

Ok so:

cheers fella!

Thanks very much for sharing this Lorelord. To be honest, what I'd most enjoy is a version where I can adjust the steering forces in the car.ini to suit my DD wheel. 😞

I need about a quarter of the steering force and steering assist set to 0.850 rather than 1.00, to get rid of the floaty low-torque feeling that is par for the course in AC when the wheel is centered and a mod has the stock 1.00 force settings.

I'd also like to be able to fix the reversed wing mirrors in the config.... but, encryption. Boo! 😝

Last edited:
Stefano Casillo
Steer assist is a variable power steering. It doesnt work on speed but it works on the amount of force. It's basically a gamma function, I use gamma functions a lot in AC.
So let's say you have a FF input from -1 to 1 (it's the job of the ffmult to get the actual torque and scale it down to a normalized -1 , 1 range)... the resulting FF after the steer assist will be:

assist_ff=input_ff^steer_assist

The job of steer assist is to allow the driver to feel the steer "full" at low speed with cars with heavy downforce without killing his arms if the car is going through a corner at 200kmh. The rule for steer assist is very simple:

Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years? Yes ? Experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area no? Steer assist is 1

Taken from the Official Assetto Corsa forums for reference

Thanks very much for sharing this Lorelord. To be honest, what I'd most enjoy is a version where I can adjust the steering forces in the car.ini to suit my DD wheel. 😞

I need about a quarter of the steering force and steering assist set to 0.850 rather than 1.00 to get rid of the floaty low-torque feeling when the wheel is centered that is par for the course with AC with stock 1.00 force settings.

I'd also like to be able to fix the reversed wing mirrors in the config.... but, encryption. Boo! 😝
Yep, ditto with trying to help by creating a new paint-coloured Lod D - can't be done due to the data encryption.
It's always nice when things like steering forces, lights brightness, shifting timing/preload etc etc can be tweaked by the user... and equally frustrating when they can't.
Just curious @lorelord why the data file is encrypted for this car? It can be unpacked but any changes whatsoever (repacked or left unpacked) will create a load failure.

@lorelord, to have a proper paint coloured LoD D when using the CM LOD generator:

Open CM Showroom and click on a car paint mesh to find out its material name

Copy/Paste that name into Car paint meshes in the LOD generator and add "material:" in front of it (without the quote marks)

So this box for the Noble now reads material:Material #648

Generate the LODs as per usual

No idea why Ilja didn't set this up so that LOD D does this automatically in the generator, black LOD D's are visible out on the track and look daft.

(thanks to @norms for the notes)
cheers man thats really going to come in handy moving forward. youve in advertently got yourself into some trouble now hahah, ill be sending mods over constantly for your keen eye

Taken from the Official Assetto Corsa forums for reference
I've experimented with the steering force settings a lot. On my rig/DD wheelbase, if I want a mod to feel like a real car with authentic steering effort required, I never use a steering force setting of 1.00. That makes any car feel like a computer game car, not a real one.

That's the great thing about unencrypted mods too. You can set whatever feels right for you, your equipment and your taste.

I need about a quarter of the steering force and steering assist set to 0.850 rather than 1.00, to get rid of the floaty low-torque feeling that is par for the course in AC when the wheel is centered and a mod has the stock 1.00 force settings.

Yep, ditto with trying to help by creating a new paint-coloured Lod D - can't be done due to the data encryption.
It's always nice when things like steering forces, lights brightness, shifting timing/preload etc etc can be tweaked by the user... and equally frustrating when they can't.
Just curious @lorelord why the data file is encrypted for this car? It can be unpacked but any changes whatsoever (repacked or left unpacked) will create a load failure.
when I last spoke to Ilja this encryption was recommended for my situation so I ran with it. I know its annoying but he who shall not be mentioned had noticed me at the time so I was trying to keep his edits away.

Ive only had the game since last summer and been modding since Autum just gone so still trying to learn as much as I can. I mean if leaving the data ACD unencrypted doesn't effect the models encryption I'll gladly do that moving forward.

when I last spoke to Ilja this encryption was recommended for my situation so I ran with it. I know its annoying but he who shall not be mentioned had noticed me at the time so I was trying to keep his edits away.

Ive only had the game since last summer and been modding since Autum just gone so still trying to learn as much as I can. I mean if leaving the data ACD unencrypted doesn't effect the models encryption I'll gladly do that moving forward.
Oh man. That guy has just been the equivalent of cancer for the AC modding biz.

The great shame of what has resulted from his type of behaviour is that generally great mods that can't be 'fine-tuned' for an individual's rig get thrown in the bin. For me, if I can't make the steering weight of any car feel 'real', I just won't drive it, so the next 'mod' I do is to put the delete button into action. 😒

Hey All,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renault Sport Spider 1.0 - Free Public Release

Shout out to @Masscot for suggesting the idea
Shout out to @TonySSS for supplying the model amongst many others
Shout out to @dragster666 for fixing the mirrors and door sills.

View attachment 1132218

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking forward to this one, I drove one of these at Silverstone about 25 years ago.

I've also had to unfortunately remove the paid Patreon link, linking to your own paid content isn't allowed under the site rule.

I've experimented with the steering force settings a lot. On my rig/DD wheelbase, if I want a mod to feel like a real car with authentic steering effort required, I never use a steering force setting of 1.00. That makes any car feel like a computer game car, not a real one.

That's the great thing about unencrypted mods too. You can set whatever feels right for you, your equipment and your taste.
I was just pointing out what the function actually does is used for, I understand that peoples FFB needs and wants vary wildly and I totally understand the need to change things and that it being blocked is bad!

It may be possible to actually it put the parameter in the setup.ini I will have to look into it further...

Last edited:
Lol. But top job either way man ! Loving the Spider.
Do you have the templates for the exterior ? Wanna make some skins for it.
cheers man, no templates unfortunately. The uvwrapping is clean so CM will make easy to work with templates
Oh man. That guy has just been the equivalent of cancer for the AC modding biz.

The great shame of what has resulted from his type of behaviour is that generally great mods that can't be 'fine-tuned' for an individual's rig get thrown in the bin. For me, if I can't make the steering weight of any car feel 'real', I just won't drive it, so the next 'mod' I do is to put the delete button into action. 😒
I'll make sure the 1.1 data acd is unencypted
Looking forward to this one, I drove one of these at Silverstone about 25 years ago.

I've also had to unfortunately remove the paid Patreon link, linking to your own paid content isn't allowed under the site rule.
Hope you find it decent enough. Noted re: link moving forward. Is it ok to announce paid content without a link?

Last edited:
Updated version for my skinpack of the Le Mans' Porsche 917LH 1969 :

You can now choose your favorite between Legion's 1970 and 1971.

__custom_showroom_1648893717.jpg

Link is still the same, just updated :

And Legion's cars are still at the same place :

Enjoy !

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1648893821.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1648893821.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
  • __custom_showroom_1648893886.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1648893886.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 8
  • __custom_showroom_1648893902.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1648893902.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8
Arashiyama Touge v1.0

A mountain pass in Kyoto, Japan (google map).
Conversion from rFactor.

Screenshot_bmw_z3m_arashiyama_23-2-122-0-16-35.jpg

-CSP required
-8 pit/start
-Uphill/Downhill layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor track by Zeeko (Japan Resurection Work).
Their facebook page says "I authorize the conversion of all maps for AC / GTA5 and other games. The only requirement is to cite the name of the original authors.". Thanks for the permission. (I also sent him a direct message.)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @Viola Seven
Enjoy.

This time I made a video.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back