Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
The original install was on C:. After a half-dozen attempts to repair that one (including uninstall/reinstall, flushing the Steam cache, etc., etc.) I tried a brand-new install on D:, which lead to the same dead-end as before: a message about "disc write failure" towards the end of the (incomplete) install. My C: and D: are separate SSDs. It's extremely unlikely that both SSDs developed bad sectors (or whatever) at the same moment. Therefore, something bad must be stuck somewhere in some sub-basement of Win10 (yes, I tried W11; hated it). I suppose I could offload everything (we're talking terrabytes here) onto an external drive, reformat C: and D: and start all over again, but I just can't. I've sunk 5 years of my life into this game (which has given me some priceless moments, like winning a league race at my favorite track in my favorite car). I have nothing left to give. So I'm retreating to my private island in the British Virgins (no phone, no TV, no Internet) to lollygag on the beach, sipping margaritas and thinking of you guys. Fins up!
Your phraseology speaks volumes. If you see it as you having nothing left to give to AC, rather than AC having nothing left to give to you, then perhaps moving on might be the right decision. You never know, the break might reignite your passion and rekindle your enthusiasm. I still see AC as having plenty left to offer me, and get cranky if I'm away from it for too long. I've cooled on it a few times over the years but have always returned after missing it terribly.

The original install was on C:. After a half-dozen attempts to repair that one (including uninstall/reinstall, flushing the Steam cache, etc., etc.) I tried a brand-new install on D:, which lead to the same dead-end as before: a message about "disc write failure" towards the end of the (incomplete) install. My C: and D: are separate SSDs. It's extremely unlikely that both SSDs developed bad sectors (or whatever) at the same moment. Therefore, something bad must be stuck somewhere in some sub-basement of Win10 (yes, I tried W11; hated it). I suppose I could offload everything (we're talking terrabytes here) onto an external drive, reformat C: and D: and start all over again, but I just can't. I've sunk 5 years of my life into this game (which has given me some priceless moments, like winning a league race at my favorite track in my favorite car). I have nothing left to give. So I'm retreating to my private island in the British Virgins (no phone, no TV, no Internet) to lollygag on the beach, sipping margaritas and thinking of you guys. Fins up!
Just a couple quick questions.
Did you try to run Steam as Administer?
Did you try disabling anti-virus or firewall?
Is there any write protection on the drive? Probably not but worth listing.

Sorry you're going through this but you shouldn't be having these odd issues. It has to be something small or stupid that's easy to overlook. Especially if it's happening on 2 separate drives.

Hey you guys,

My AC install went blooey and I've spent the last 48 hours frantically trying to revive it. Uninstall/reinstall. CHKDSK. Move install to D: Integrity check. Everything. Nothing. I give up. What with hundreds of mods, Content Manager, Custom Shader Patch and all the rest, this house of cards was doomed to fail. Sooner or later...is now. Is potato. I give up. It's been a great ride, but I'm done. Goodbye cruel world. I may check in from time to time, but basically, I'm outta here. Good bye...and good luck. (Write me when AC2 ships.)
Probably not a popular statement but thats one of the reasons why i don`t use CM. I am affraid of "this day".
I install everything manually - cars, traks, extensions, CSP, SOL ....
At the same time i admit maybe CM is not causing your probs.

EDIT: SOrry didnt read the "full story"

Last edited:
about this bad cake eating @Real Toonces

Honestly sounds like a hardware issue
Its possible the one drive going bad has maybe caused the hard-drive controller on the motheroard to be having issues or otherwise causing issues. "disc write failure" is the big clue here...

About CM, I do not use CM to install mods... never have and never will. Upgrades to mods in CM are downloaded, then open the temp location and install manually or via JSGME.

Personally my current Steam games / AC install was easilly ported to a newer system by simple disc copy. My Steam .exe is in C:\progfiles but the install directory for games is on a second D: drive. I have not reinstalled AC once in over the 5+ years its installed ,nor had to delete mods / integrity check never not once.

It will be sad to see you go Steve.. dont give up!

Last edited:
about this bad cake eating @Real Toonces

Honestly sounds like a hardware issue, possible the one drive going bad has maybe caused the hard-drive controller on the motheroard to be having issues or otherwise causing issues. "disc write failure" is the big clue here...

About CM, I do not use CM to install mods... never have and never will. Upgrades to mods in CM are downloaded, then open the temp location and install manually or via JSGME.

Personally my current Steam games / AC install was easilly ported to a newer system by simple disc copy. My Steam .exe is in C:\progfiles but the install directory for games is on a second D: drive. I have not reinstalled AC once in over the 5+ years its installed ,nor had to delete mods / integrity check never not once.

It will be sad to see you go Steve.. dont give up!
Agree with this.
@Real Toonces

my desktop just died and i had to transfer the AC files to the laptop.

Besides my main config, about 80% of my files were unused and I had probably 100s of cars and tracks i never use.

With all the good stuff coming out for AC its a good time to start fresh and keep the mods you really want and not keep terabytes of stuff you dont use...

Can somebody tell be what the problem might be?
With some tracks,especially 90s golden drift spot touge tracks,when i start a session the car falls in some kind of void.I tried kunos cars and mod cars but i still can't fix it.Today it happened with some simtraxx tracks.It starts to happen more often and some track are not usable.Sometimes if i restart the pc it might work.
If i cycle through the cameras all work except the cockpit cam, freezes,i can hear the car revving but the tacho and the view is frozen.I can drive it with the other camera though.I have latest csp installed.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am looking for some F1 mods but I can just find the ACFL 2015 and 2016 mod an the 2014 one from RD but the 2016s have an outdated tyre model and the other two mods are having cars that have no grip, so I don't know how this work but if someone has the time for that he could update the physics of these mod.

I think I am not the only one who would like that...

Here is quite good F1 2014 mod that I got with this text:

"F1 2014 : added missing skins and a new Force India model which requires work : DRS wing wrong position, not working LEDs and mirrors.

Some errors are still left (someone else will fix these cause idc anymore):

• Martini logo is mirrored (bc it's a F1 2014 model and Codemasters have ****ed the mapping)
  • Driver suits, gloves, helmets still missing
  • Mirrored left side tyres (easy fix)
  • Marussia addon skins missing for the #4 car
  • If some sounds are missing just replace them with the VRC Williams.
  • untouched physics (but Ponz will do a better job than me, his reworks are great)

I wanted to finish it properly (bc Mitchell K won't ever update it) but I couldn't be arsed in the end, so here it is. Let's say it's a 0.8 instead of a 0.5 version lol"

Last edited:
Can somebody tell be what the problem might be?
With some tracks,especially 90s golden drift spot touge tracks,when i start a session the car falls in some kind of void.I tried kunos cars and mod cars but i still can't fix it.Today it happened with some simtraxx tracks.It starts to happen more often and some track are not usable.Sometimes if i restart the pc it might work.
If i cycle through the cameras all work except the cockpit cam, freezes,i can hear the car revving but the tacho and the view is frozen.I can drive it with the other camera though.I have latest csp installed.
Never tried them, but maybe these tracks have a broken car spawn point or broken pits.
Have you tried all practice modes? (practice with hotlap start or pits or starting line)

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy of the accurate Le Mans 1966 skin that was made for the RTM Chaparral 2D ? Pasta had posted one on RD, but of course the mod police decided to have it removed... ancient history, I know, but it would be nice to have number 9 instead of driving around in 7...

Never tried them, but maybe these tracks have a broken car spawn point or broken pits.
Have you tried all practice modes? (practice with hotlap start or pits or starting line)
Thanks for the answer.Yes first thing i try is different mods.But the most strange thing is that if i escape and select back to pits,it spawns on the ground as it should.BUT!The cockpit view is frozen,all other cameras work.I hate to use the steam game file check,because it reverts all my ui file changes.

Hi,

I am looking for some F1 mods but I can just find the ACFL 2015 and 2016 mod an the 2014 one from RD but the 2016s have an outdated tyre model and the other two mods are having cars that have no grip, so I don't know how this work but if someone has the time for that he could update the physics of these mod.

"F1 2014 : added missing skins and a new Force India model which requires work : DRS wing wrong position, not working LEDs and mirrors.

• Martini logo is mirrored (bc it's a F1 2014 model and Codemasters have ****ed the mapping)
  • untouched physics (but Ponz will do a better job than me, his reworks are great)

I wanted to finish it properly (bc Mitchell K won't ever update it) but I couldn't be arsed in the end, so here it is. Let's say it's a 0.8 instead of a 0.5 version lol"

There's a Youtube user who has updated the Ferrari and Mercedes with new tyre models and better physics. It's unclear if he's going to update/release the rest of the grid

Hi,

I am preparing an updated version.... indeed it would be ready for release for a while......
I need to finish some small adjustments

I am preparing an updated version.... indeed it would be ready for release for a while......
I need to finish some small adjustments
Please Luca do a correct UV Map + AO... Honestly I can't see that Ferrari onboard without the AO... it's just flat red

Last edited:
RT Bannochbrae was updated twice the last two days. I had version 1.11 installed so Content Manager didn't notify me of the Update.

v1.2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/igok230vuwgbg76/rt_bannochbrae_1.1.7z/file (2022-04-12 06:25:52)
v1.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/95vwpk28poctrpt/rt_bannochbrae_1.3.7z/file (2022-04-13 04:26:17)

1649915846027.png

Hey you guys,

My AC install went blooey and I've spent the last 48 hours frantically trying to revive it. Uninstall/reinstall. CHKDSK. Move install to D: Integrity check. Everything. Nothing. I give up. What with hundreds of mods, Content Manager, Custom Shader Patch and all the rest, this house of cards was doomed to fail. Sooner or later...is now. Is potato. I give up. It's been a great ride, but I'm done. Goodbye cruel world. I may check in from time to time, but basically, I'm outta here. Good bye...and good luck. (Write me when AC2 ships.)
Ah man. That's bad news Toonces – Both your 'AC meltdown' and the fact that you're bidding us 'BonVoyage'. I for one enjoyed your presence here. Hope you wake up one day in the near future and find the steam necessary to get up and running again. :cheers:

RWD Fenix P-30 LMP1

best free LMP1 in my Opinion.. Bop with the VRC cars . High Quality, Give this a try.

View attachment 1137574

I tweaked the wiper settings a bit, most notably setting DEBUG = 0, animation for LOD 1+2, reducing the gap between the wiper and the windscreen and calming down the wiper which really shouldn't start freaking out at 60 kph and max out at 150 kph already. Still didn't manage to get the wipers wipe the rain from the outside view, WIPERS_TRACE didn't work.

INI:
[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.250000
DEBUG = 0
MESHES = LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = LMP_P30_BODYWindows_LADX, LMP_P30_BODY_LADX
GROUP_0 = 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@A=7', 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@B=5', 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@C=3'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = -51.200001
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 51.200001
GROUP_0_ARM = 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@A=1,3-6', 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@B=1,3-4,6', 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@C=1-2,4-5'
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_END = -0.000641, 0.913605, 0.931274
GROUP_0_PIVOT = -0.000732, 0.680977, 1.294922
GROUP_0_RUBBER_FROM = -0.000001, 0.728397, 1.237977
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_AMOUNT = 0.016200
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_POS = 0.489000
GROUP_0_RUBBER_TO = 0.000123, 0.905005, 0.937734
GROUP_0_BASE = 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@A=2', 'LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX@B=2'
GROUP_0_BASE_AXIS = 0.000000, 0.707107, 0.707107
GROUP_0_BASE_PIVOT = -0.000732, 0.680977, 1.294922

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = LMP_P30_WIPER_LADX
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

[WIPERS]
WIND_THRESHOLDS_KMH = 200, 340  ; speed for wipers to start vibrating and for maximum vibration
WIND_AMPLITUDE_MULT = 1        ; multiplier for amplitude
WIND_FREQUENCY_MULT = 1        ; multiplier for frequency
WIND_OFFSET = 0.02             ; base animation progress to vibrate around

Unfortunately the wiper produces a nasty shadow in combination with the rain drops on the windshield. I tried setting "cast shadows" to false in ksEditor but that fix it.

Attachments

• lmp_p30_rain.jpg
    lmp_p30_rain.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back