Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,075 comments
When I change some car infos like tags or car names in CM, is this saved into the car itself or only in CM?
I ask because I will buy a new computer in a few weeks and wondered how I can take things over?

BTW, this mod is kind of cool, due to the mod sound. It worth to ear the brakes, horn, engine, etc...

Chevrolet Corvair - D/L Option

1650384261745.png

Last edited:
When I change some car infos like tags or car names in CM, is this saved into the car itself or only in CM?
I ask because I will buy a new computer in a few weeks and wondered how I can take things over?
Only in CM.. you would need to change the tags and so on in the Data or UI folder of the car.

Only in CM.. you would need to change the tags and so on in the Data or UI folder of the car.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your answer, Diego, but as said, that's not right.

CM actually writes ALL of it's UI data (ie everything you can change in the UI, Car name, tags, author etc, even the data for the power and torque curve display) into the ui_car.json, when you press the Save button in the CM UI. There is some data, like the in-game car name, and the real power data, in the ACD file, but moving from one CM computer to another CM computer, brings ALL the CM UI data across, by simply copying the mod folder across.

Last edited:
This links to a very strange mod from a download site Malwarebytes doesn't like at all! I took a risk and downloaded, but the car doesn't look anything like that.
Yeah yeah yeah, it's a bit late for an april fool, but don't spoil it for others anyway ! :D

@Italotracks There is a pretty big difference between setting up a payware patreon-style for badly stolen content from others (game dev or modders) that a legal point of view would classify as "Stealing and reselling" and scratch making by yourself entirely cars and tracks that you wouldn't find anywhere else, not even in another game ! Nah, really, don't even think of feeling bad for asking a bit of change for your quite unique work.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why my collider.fbx I created isn't loading on ksEditor? If I try to load it, I get a message saying "ERROR, FOUND SCALING ON NODE: RootNode". How do I fix it?

On the subject of track cams. I've never made one so I know nothing about, but i've always been curious why some track cams show the full grassfx on the grass areas for the entire field of view and some cut off the grassfx about halfway back in the field of view. Hope that makes sense. Is that a cam setting of some kind that can be edited manually or it just the way the AC is.

BTW, this mod is kind of cool, due to the mod sound. It worth to ear the brakes, horn, engine, etc...

Chevrolet Corvair

View attachment 1139845
Oh, I was just testing it...It's available here.

Very nice, although LODs, driver's hands not clipping through the wheel and some racing skins would make it teh awesomeness.
(and usual thanks @RMi_wood for this lovely track conversion)

Last edited:
Little update for Bryar Motorsport Park. GrassFX, RainFX, lighting ... without destroying the original work.
https://we.tl/t-h6Brqnhidy
i have sent this to Gary UK.

Original Track by GaryUK, very nice work!

Perhaps someone can fix the background tree wall

EDIT: treewall fixed a little bit with the new ext-config attached.
EDIT2: not compatible with zombieboy1978 skin

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your answer, Diego, but as said, that's not right.

CM actually writes ALL of it's UI data (ie everything you can change in the UI, Car name, tags, author etc, even the data for the power and torque curve display) into the ui_car.json, when you press the Save button in the CM UI. There is some data, like the in-game car name, and the real power data, in the ACD file, but moving from one CM computer to another CM computer, brings ALL the CM UI data across, by simply copying the mod folder across.

Oh i didnt knew that sorry.
Thanks for the answer :)

Alternate vegetation for Bryar Motorsport Park.

Just a quick skin that I made to remove the yellow trees, make the banking look better, darken the bushes etc. I could do better with more time, but wanted to get this done this evening.

@racinjoe013 I used your VIR treeline as a temp holdover (sorry). I'll probably update this when I have more time.

I imagine that this will **** up the Autumn layout (as I've changed the tree colour), but I don't use that. Turn this skin off if using that layout, I guess.

Last edited:
@ZombieBoy1978 @racinjoe013 since Imola GP 2022 is not too far away, maybe you have an updated ext_config for Imola in place, which fixes the ugly (too bright) trees and vegetation there? That would be awesome. :cheers:
@racinjoe013 is the man to ask. I tend to only make skins when a new track comes out, but needs a change or two for me to get the most out of it. I'm kinda selfish like that 😉

Last edited:
Vegetation fix for Bryar Motorsport Park.

Just a quick skin that I made to remove the yellow trees, make the banking look better, darken the bushes etc. I could do better with more time, but wanted to get this done this evening.

@racinjoe013 I used your VIR treeline as a temp holdover (sorry). I'll probably update this when I have more time.

I imagine that this will **** up the Autumn layout (as I've changed the tree colour), but I don't use that. Turn this skin off if using that layout, I guess.

thanks for your work!
no offense here, but i would not call it "fix".
i would call it: alternate vegetation.

because your new trees and bushes do not fit the original terrain color in terms of a natural overall look.

thanks for your work!

because your new trees and bushes do not fit the original terrain color in terms of a natural overall look.
Yeah, you're right. For me, it was more of a 'fix' for the weird yellowish trees that just distracted from the overall look. The other stuff just kind of happened.
I'll update the og post.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. For me, it was more of a 'fix' for the weird yellowish trees that just distracted from the overall look. The other stuff just kind of happened.
i am on pure.. i did not see any yellowish trees in the original. only this weird bright and on the other side dark areas in the background treeline.
but always depends on ppfilters... and other stuff.
i guess everyone's game looks different.

your sandbank textures are better than the original!

Last edited:
i am on pure.. i did not see any yellowish trees in the original. only this weird bright and on the other side dark areas in the background treeline.
but always depends on ppfilters... and other stuff.
i guess everyone's game looks different.

your sandbank textures are better than the original!
That's always going to be an issue with the amount of PP filters, skins, configs, ReShade set ups etc that we have these days. I'd be surprised if any person's AC looks exactly the same as anyone else's here.
And with that in mind, it's good that people have a lot of options in which skins and configs to use. And if anyone wants to take my work and run with it to make something that works better for them, I'm more than happy for them to do so.

thanks for your work!

Don't know what you did, but with Gary is planned to check also that autumn thing, due to the fact the original one is way to off in terms of color (not realistic at all) and the seasonal adj seems to crash the CM (never understood what cause it on some tracks).
Anyway let's see what gary wants to do, because as far as i know he know nothing about CSP so he accepted my interest in help (so maybe i will put together my work, yours and DaBaeda one for a final version if it's ok for you)

Don't know what you did, but with Gary is planned to check also that autumn thing, due to the fact the original one is way to off in terms of color (not realistic at all) and the seasonal adj seems to crash the CM (never understood what cause it on some tracks).
Anyway let's see what gary wants to do, because as far as i know he know nothing about CSP so he accepted my interest in help (so maybe i will put together my work, yours and DaBaeda one for a final version if it's ok for you)
You are aware of what the Fall looks like in New England? In my view the colours at Bryar are not too far off. Here are some real life photos of New Hampshire in the Autumn.
0C69B912-8A0A-44BB-8647-BAD44E029934.jpegC1BF44D6-DCDD-4E51-B7B1-6A1BF3EAE71C.jpeg10941E9C-0B03-4E3F-880A-08722D0EB5FC.jpeg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back