Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
Loaded up new updated Bernese Alps. Went for a trackday. Some cars in the pit boxes were facing me. They tried to get out of the pits, crashed in to the wall and after some time retired.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11154).png
    Screenshot (11154).png
    405.9 KB · Views: 12
Loaded up new updated Bernese Alps. Went for a trackday. Some cars in the pit boxes were facing me. They tried to get out of the pits, crashed in to the wall and after some time retired.
I haven't heard of any new updates for this track over the last couple of days so how new is "new"? Do you happen to have a link for the update? Fixing the pit box orientation should not be that difficult.

Last edited:
As they raced in early 1970. Also gave some treatment to the Savanna GT (Mazda). Now physics. I can also remove all the weight (seats etc) inside if you want a real raw race car and add some internal race car stuff like extinguishers etc. Let me know.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1653057485.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1653057485.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 24
WIP Imola 1994 v2.0 by BlackToof (UPDATE v2.1 by CrisT86)

Changelog:

v2.1 Update by CrisT86

• New imola_1994. kn5 for fixing some weird shadows, close a mesh hole, remove some double useless meshes and fix the horizon.
  • New imola_1994_trees.kn5 which fixes the weird shadows caused by the trees and fixed the normals of the trees.
  • New grid.kn5
  • New lightbulb_by_crist86.kn5 in order to allow some lights to work properly in the park of imola in the tamburello zone.
  • New models.ini to allow the new KN5 to work properly.
  • New scratchmade ext_config featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX, Seasons.
  • New TV Cams by CrisT86.
  • New TV Cams by DaBaeda.

Thanks: @pugsang for the help in the 3D space, @DaBaeda for allowing me to use his own cams in this update.

It should be ready for the weekend (if i don't notice any further problems to fix)
Already contacted BlackToof via DM on RD and waiting for his reply about the interest or not to release it as official update or as standalone as always by me.

Imola_1993_v2 (1).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (2).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (3).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (4).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (5).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (6).jpg
Imola_1993_v2 (7).jpg

As they raced in early 1970. Also gave some treatment to the Savanna GT (Mazda). Now physics. I can also remove all the weight (seats etc) inside if you want a real raw race car and add some internal race car stuff like extinguishers etc. Let me know.
Yes please. Is that Legion's Mazda?

I look forward to your version of the Nissan! I have three versions with meshes variously and awkwardly combined on some, which makes it hard to get a version that looks like yours (widened wheel arches), has working wipers, no bumpers, and a rollcage. I can get some of these features using model replacements and so on but not everything on one version. Is there a way of hiding the bumpers on the Hakosuka for example? And where are race skins to fit that version? I can't find any.

I haven't had time yet to test the versions on track yet, but do you have an opinion on which has the best physics? I never drift so I assume the DW version I got yesterday won't suit.

Thanks for your efforts to get these cars sorted.

Yes please. Is that Legion's Mazda?

I look forward to your version of the Nissan! I have three versions with meshes variously and awkwardly combined on some, which makes it hard to get a version that looks like yours (widened wheel arches), has working wipers, no bumpers, and a rollcage. I can get some of these features using model replacements and so on but not everything on one version. Is there a way of hiding the bumpers on the Hakosuka for example? And where are race skins to fit that version? I can't find any.

I haven't had time yet to test the versions on track yet, but do you have an opinion on which has the best physics? I never drift so I assume the DW version I got yesterday won't suit.

Thanks for your efforts to get these cars sorted.
A modified version of his Mazda. I am still looking for wheel arches for the Mazda as they did screw them on back then.

This will be an all in one Nissan. I started with a good base from a car here and added parts from the Forza series customizations - properly. I have not animated the wipers, but there is a config file (I am not a fan because I race in VR). You can hide light covers and intercooler in config by skin. No bumpers on these. This one will be done right. I will look to others to fix any driver animations if needed (Mascot).

A modified version of his Mazda. I am still looking for wheel arches for the Mazda as they did screw them on back then.

This will be an all in one Nissan. I started with a good base from a car here and added parts from the Forza series customizations - properly. I have not animated the wipers, but there is a config file (I am not a fan because I race in VR). You can hide light covers and intercooler in config by skin. No bumpers on these. This one will be done right. I will look to others to fix any driver animations if needed (Mascot).
Sounds great. I am interested in your views on CSP wiper animations. I drive in VR too and if they are well done they seem fine to me. The one done yesterday for example for the Hakosuka seems to work well and clear the rain effectively. I have seen wiper animations where you can see from the driving position that the pivots are skew-whiff: I certainly can't use those.

I have not animated the wipers, but there is a config file (I am not a fan because I race in VR).
@browser do you happen to use a Rift CV1? If so, then there should be a fix coming with the next CSP release:

I test most of my wiper configs on a Rift S which isn't affected by the rendering issues the CV1 has.

Last edited:
so nobody here knows how to create a digital_instruments.ini file ? almost unbelievable... ;)
reg this
sorry for the push
in short : how to get the name of PARENT to use in digital_instruments.ini file?

Thx a milion!

so nobody here knows how to create a digital_instruments.ini file ? almost unbelievable... ;)
reg this
sorry for the push
in short : how to get the name of PARENT to use in digital_instruments.ini file?

Thx a milion!
According to the car pipeline the parent needs to be a dummy/empty, not a mesh.
IMPORTANT: If there is a digital display, create a NULL called DISPLAY_DATA with the orientation shown in the image below. If there are more displays, use a serial number (DISPLAY_DATA_1 etc.) to specify each individual screen. The DISPLAY_DATA null is the reference for the items in the digital_instruments.ini, it serves as a reference point and makes sure the text appears on the same surface as the display. For this reason if the display is rotated/tilted, the null must follow the same orientation. To avoid clipping, place the null so that its pivot point is in front of the mesh by a few millimetres and not directly on it.
1653066599472.png
Example:
1653067334672.png
This link might also help: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...official-support-here-check-first-post.12249/

Is there any instruction on how to make the animation of the wipers using csp?
I'm not aware of any tutorials or YT videos. Maybe I'll post a quick recap of what I've learned over the last couple of months someday.

Last edited:
New Track by @CrisT86 & @pugsang

Tony Rust racetrack - Namibia (Southern Africa)

3 layouts that local racers using at present Normal, Reverse and Oval circuit

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor

• Initial release for rFactor by Cameron Wagner and Mark Stenger

v1.0 AC
  • Conversion under permission from Cameron Wagner and 3d remodeling to Assetto Corsa by Pugsang
  • New AI, Sidelines, etc by @KevinK2 & @RMi_wood
  • New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments by CrisT86 & @slider666
  • New TV Cams by @CrisT86 & @DaBaeda
  • New VAO by CrisT86
  • Testing and feedback by @Breathe @Fanapryde @twobegreen
  • Thanks for the help, advises & support to @RMi_wood @norms @Masscot
  • Adjustments and corrections by @slider666 & @RMi_wood
  • Special thanks to all SimRaceAfrica discord community and support, especially to Melvin Gous who drove 400 km only to take pictures from the track as it is at present
In case we had forget to credit someone, please let us know, it wasn't intentional, enjoy the track ;)

View attachment 1151822View attachment 1151823View attachment 1151824View attachment 1151825View attachment 1151826View attachment 1151827View attachment 1151828

DOWNLOAD LINK:
Awesome fun! 👍

According to the car pipeline the parent needs to be a dummy/empty, not a mesh.
hi, thanks for the explanation! i'm not gonna pretend i understand that all... but if i'm not mistaken, this means you can not simply add a digital_instruments.ini file, as the KN5 file needs to be altered and a new "empy mesh" needs to be transposed over an existing one depicting the digital instrument screen? (and that one would not be selectable in CM Showroom, or at least not show it's propper name there)

if so bummer, then I can't quickly add digital instruments as i was planning to do for the Mini Cooper Clubman by Wack found on Assetoland
Would you be able to alter it and add a gear indicator?
The model foresees displays already but they show nothing:

1653069873802.png

Sydney Motorsport Park - Eastern Creek v1.01

View attachment 1151818View attachment 1151819View attachment 1151820

features:
  • all the things

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::
Sydney Motorsport Park - Eastern Creek v1.01
  • quick fix for Amaroo layout crashing
  • links updated in original post

hi, thanks for the explanation! i'm not gonna pretend i understand that all... but if i'm not mistaken, this means you can not simply add a digital_instruments.ini file, as the KN5 file needs to be altered and a new "empy mesh" needs to be transposed over an existing one depicting the digital instrument screen? (and that one would not be selectable in CM Showroom, or at least not show it's propper name there)

if so bummer, then I can't quickly add digital instruments as i was planning to do for the Mini Cooper Clubman by Wack found on Assetoland
Would you be able to alter it and add a gear indicator?
The model foresees displays already but they show nothing:

View attachment 1151940
I guess technically I would be able to do it...
1653075487290.png Screenshot_mini_cooper_clubman_ks_drag_20-4-122-21-36-50.jpg

...but I don't have the time, especially since there's quite some data to be displayed (with multiple pages and states):
2013-MINI-Cooper-Countryman-Countryman-WMWZB3C58DWM31020-5538.jpeg

Last edited:
Release!!!!
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R 2016

Direct Donwload
Free Download:https://www.patreon.com/posts/66683787

Comverted From Forza Horizon 4 By Peter Cril
-AO inside and out
-Full engine AO
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Working wipers
-Physics By VR Driving
-Basic Ligth Refraction
Credits:
-Beta testing Mascot
-3d help and bug fix Norms
-Photos by Qiu Liang
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
Extra A-Hood
Extra B-Trunk

Direct Donwload

__custom_showroom_1653074966.jpg__custom_showroom_1653075061.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_bst_csr_19-4-122-0-45-18114.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_bst_csr_19-4-122-0-46-6114.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_bst_csr_19-4-122-0-48-11114.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_bst_csr_19-4-122-0-48-18114.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_bst_csr_19-4-122-0-49-17114.jpgScreenshot_for_shelbygt350r_16_ks_laguna_seca_19-4-122-1-17-21114.jpg

I'm not aware of any tutorials or YT videos. Maybe I'll post a quick recap of what I've learned over the last couple of months someday.
I found a small (basic) instruction, it is approximately clear what to do, but what I cannot understand is how to move the axes. I hold ctrl, select the axis I need with the mouse, and when I want to move it, everything moves, both the axis and the camera, and in an unpredictable direction. I'm probably missing something...

I found a small (basic) instruction, it is approximately clear what to do, but what I cannot understand is how to move the axes. I hold ctrl, select the axis I need with the mouse, and when I want to move it, everything moves, both the axis and the camera, and in an unpredictable direction. I'm probably missing something...
Are you using triple screens by any chance? I have a custom video preset for it using only a single monitor and I don’t hold any keys when moving the pivots/axis, except SHIFT when I need to fine tune the position. And I‘m using the free camera (F7) i stead of the F5 camera.

Last edited:
3DSimEd Question:

Three objects are using the same material (one I just copy/created, named "indicator_glass"). I want to assign a different material ("glass", the original material) to two of them (the headlight glass x 2). I have tried selecting the headlight glass object and pasting the (just copied to clipboard) desired material to that headlight glass (only one at a time), but nothing happens. Probable I don't understand the Paste function..

Can anyone tell me the proper procedure to do this? (Hmmmm, what about copying the object, assigning the new material to that copy, delete the geometry of the old material... I'll try that next.) BTW, this is an attempt to get this working on the other 905 version. One version is working already :)

View attachment 1151745
Don't know if you got this resolved, but the way I do it is create a new material with the textures and values I want. Then I go to the EDIT tab and under Materials, use the Replace option to replace the material with the one I created. One thing to be careful of is to make sure the material you are replacing isn't used on another part of the car. It might overwrite that part of the car as well. Not sure of that though.

Last edited:
Are you using triple screens by any chance? I have a custom video preset for it using only a single monitor and I don’t hold any keys when moving the pivots/axis, except SHIFT when I need to fine tune the position.
No, I don't use 3 screens. I hold CTRL because it is indicated in the instruction (when I hold SHIFT, nothing happens to me). after a little torment, I set up the wipers in debug mode, copied the data, edited ext_config.ini, but for some reason the wipers do not work in normal mode in the game.

Maybe a bit OT but here is a list of car rankings for the OG game that I found in my google docs while going through some old stuff. Some 4+ years late but might be a bit fun to use for some people.

Lap times are based off World Records (or close to them) when no obvious cheating has taken place. Tried to find times with similiar drivers and weather conditions.

Top speed is not for original setup, work has been done to make them as fast as I can.

BHP numbers are taken from Kunos values, might differ if you re-calculate with CM.

You can sort them from high-low or low-high for every different category (four in total) by clicking the arrow next to the headers (a-z or z-a)

Car Rankings

Last edited:
Hi guys, I downloaded Apexxer's Toyota TS020 from a post found here, dating back a long time ago. I know it is not perfect as a mod and I know that Legion had improved this mod, but there is no download link on the Legion site.
Anyone know if this monster mod is present somewhere else? Or it would also be good for me to understand how to improve the steer ratio of this car, because the steering is really too direct

Thanks all

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back