Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
yes, now i see huge difference, thx!

so now all that remains are the analog speedometer (needs to be made into KPH instead of MPH)

and maybe the shift animation needs to be improved (the hand does not move towards the shifter when time to shift, and the hand doest get to the right position)

Anyone?

ps:
I personally liked it better before , not having this shift animation at all , as i use paddles and so it's less immersive seeing my hand reach for the gearstick. But i can imagine most would preffer a shift anim on a car without paddles... but then that hand needs to move already when approaching the rpm where shifting is needed imho (that adds to functionality, as you have a good queue appart from the sound or looking at the rpm dial).
I'm driving in VR and am using an H-pattern shifter so not having that shifting animation is breaking the immersion a lot. You can always drop in a shifting animation from a different car, just open the potential donor mod in CM showroom, tick the boxes to display the driver and the shifting animation and if it looks ok, copy the shift.ksanim from that mod into the Clubman's data folder.

Weird. It obviously didn't save properly.
Try this one.

View attachment 1153194

This was bugging me as well in VR, thanks for sorting that.

I added the following bit to the config to reduce the reflectiveness of the dashboard glass, might be worth applying to the kn5 directly, what do you think @Masscot?
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = min_clubman_11_cockpit_interior_glass___67_vertices_81_faces
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.15

Last edited:
Now, I promise I will give you my honest opinion, so don't get angry, simply dismiss it as rubbish if you want to... but since you asked:
I think looking for "ultimate realism" in car sims is the wrong approach to enjoy one's past time activity, especially when you look at Assetto Corsa.
My advice? Pick something you would like to drive, something that's interesting to you personally. I for once like to look for (in)famous cars, for example James Dean's Porsche or Mad Max' Interceptor. One's a "real car"but completely thrashed, the other one isn't, who could tell me if the mod I found has "correct" physics?
Usually there several variants out there - try them all if you can, preferably on a track you know well. Which variant is the most fun to drive? Which one doesn't behave like you would expect it to? As you said, does the new mod drive like it's on rails even if you try your hardest to spin it?
The community is vast (which is good and bad), there are guys out there arguing with actual racing drivers because they allegedly read all the spread sheets and know the data.
There are people telling a modder that his Subaru sounds wrong although he modelled it after his real life car...

For me AC brings fun, not because it has the "most accurate physics engine ever created" but because I can drive the car Albert Camus died in. Morbid? sure but I am not looking for a real life experience here.
The quest for ultimate realism has been to the detriment of having fun in SIM racing for a long time. There's nothing worse than a poster moaning about the physics of a mod or official content in a 'game' while they sit in their dining room or office on what is basically a grown ups toy. My opinion for a long time is that if it's fun and it gives you an impression of your chosen car and track then I'm all good.

Is it realistic that I can drive a Ferrari F50 on some closed roads in Scotland pitching the weight transfer of the nose into a corner and getting on the power to induce some oversteer, no I would neither have the chance or balls to do it but it sure is damn fun in Assetto Corsa!

I have been away from AC for 2-3 years, I thought it was yesterday's news but I now realise that I have been completely missing out on an amazing experience thanks to all the helpful and skillful modders out there. I am blown away by the skills of the people on here and around the the interwebs.

I'm completely addicted!

@benbaron mate you got some stuff still to work on your 992 cup porsche. first thing is the carpaint dirt texture and damage map is weird to say the least. dirt in 2k is way too much. also damage map is delivered in the car aswell, shouldnt be ao in the first place. then i reviewed the taillights and ohh boy, thats an interresting way of doing. im not putting that into question as idk the conditions that car was made but as a hint, your normalmap is inverted. and then the int: the carbon below the dash deserves some work, i think the detailscale is a tad too small, apart from that it could profit off some pbr. same for the steeringwheel and generall shaders in the int.
Screenshot_gue_porsche_911_gt3_cup_992_lilski_watkins_glen_23-4-122-20-55-12-accum.png

992-porsche-911-gt3-cup.jpg

and last but not least your rim/wheelnut has not welded vertices
Screenshot_gue_porsche_911_gt3_cup_992_lilski_watkins_glen_23-4-122-20-48-21-accum.png

apart from that ive not reviewed it much further but those are things that directly popped into the eye. aswell as the decals not beeing hidden while baking the mechanics ao seen in the pic above aswell.

if there is need for help or explanations id be open to assist aslong as it contributes to have the quality raised as i know where that car comes from, its hard to believe its made up that poor in its current release state.

is it possible to remove a track object via ext_config? need to remove a tyre pillar from knockhill but just for a single race, is it possible to do it with csp?

I added the following bit to the config to reduce the reflectiveness of the dashboard glass, might be worth applying to the kn5 directly, what do you think @Masscot?
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
Good afternoon
I've been wanting to modify this mod for some time, but now it looks like we're reaching a common denominator.
I copied the data file of its first version with icons on the panel, and wipers, correct gear animation and repackaged this one, if I may.
Now, i adjust the speedometer, it´s all ok.
Hugs from Brazil

Link

Last edited:
Good afternoon
I've been wanting to modify this mod for some time, but now it looks like we're reaching a common denominator.
I copied the data file of its first version with icons on the panel, and wipers, correct gear animation and repackaged this one, if I may.
Now, i adjust the speedometer, it´s all ok.
Hugs from Brazil

Link

My fix was to set analog_speed_curve.lut to:
INI:
0|0
240|186

I tried the 260|186 before but this was a bit off compared to the digital speedometer.

Update for the Bluebird should be live soon…
98500339-AA80-4F63-856A-CC7052EA2D3D.jpeg

Edit: the update for the Bluebird is now live: https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/new-cars-&-updates.html

Last edited:
@benbaron mate you got some stuff still to work on your 992 cup porsche. first thing is the carpaint dirt texture and damage map is weird to say the least. dirt in 2k is way too much. also damage map is delivered in the car aswell, shouldnt be ao in the first place. then i reviewed the taillights and ohh boy, thats an interresting way of doing. im not putting that into question as idk the conditions that car was made but as a hint, your normalmap is inverted. and then the int: the carbon below the dash deserves some work, i think the detailscale is a tad too small, apart from that it could profit off some pbr. same for the steeringwheel and generall shaders in the int.
View attachment 1153270

View attachment 1153268

and last but not least your rim/wheelnut has not welded verticesView attachment 1153269

apart from that ive not reviewed it much further but those are things that directly popped into the eye. aswell as the decals not beeing hidden while baking the mechanics ao seen in the pic above aswell.

if there is need for help or explanations id be open to assist aslong as it contributes to have the quality raised as i know where that car comes from, its hard to believe its made up that poor in its current release state.
....really?

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
Looks good to me - nice and subtle.
I think interior windscreen glass needs a little dust (really helps locate it in VR), so swap this .dds in (remove .txt)

Attachments

• internal_cockpit_dirty_glass.dds.txt
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
My fix was to set analog_speed_curve.lut to:
INI:
0|0
240|186
Just the job! Nice. I'll have to remember that.
Anyone able to make LODs or are we waiting for the Simplygon fix?
Rear lights could use a tweak too.

Last edited:
OK, I noticed ths version will overwrite the 'historic' (1991) midohioch from (iirc) Virtua_LM, with updates from TaistoTurri, ai from @KevinK2 and grassFX / rainFX / basic night lights / reworked trees and some other stuff by @slider666.
The road feel (which is afaik the same as in the original bumpy NAGP version) is the same in both versions, but the 'fixed' one obviously looks a lot better.

I have now 4 versions installed to try:
  • the historic midohioch with the fixes I mentioned above (also tried the THR with the same name)
  • nagp_mid_ohio (Terra21, nagp smoothed / fixed by Assetto-fr.tk v1.1)
  • d7fox_mid_ohio (Delta7Fox - NAGP v1.1)
  • zw_midohio (which I described earlier).

I can't find the NAGP with the original bumpy road though. I remember having replaced it with Zwiss version because it was better looking. Road feel wise I never had issues with the bumpy NAGP (I'm using a Simucube direct drive wheel and always have 'Real Head Motion' active to keep the horizon stable...

It is the @Zwiss version that is imo the one to keep, the two previous ones both have LOD issues (the tower is popping in at a certain distance and trees don't look as good.
I'm also using zw_midohio (2.0 for me, but I read that road mesh didn't change).

Its road still feels a bit 'dead' to me, but then again, it's quite obvious that it's the best version overall - not just graphically, but also the original version was the opposite, WAY too bumpy!

Also, my 'test car' is the Mercedes-AMG GT3, and zw_midohio does feel a bit better in a more modern AC car, say, the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo, just better force feedback in that car.

So I will stick to Zwiss' version then - though I think the ideal, or most realistic road mesh would be like, if original is 100%, Zwiss' is 0%, then around 20% probably.

And I won't complain, it's a very good Mid-Ohio - layout fine, elevations spot on etc.

Hello, I too have my say on the F.1 mod provided by my friend here on the forum, I agree with what has been said so far, the only note is that the front window of the brabham is not visible and it looks like the car's wing mirrors are floating in a vacuum, can this be corrected? thank you
I did 2 championship races with the 1976 mod.I add some thing that I have noticed:
1) Ferrari always overspeeds when changing gear
2) AI very fast and aggressive, there are overtaking and accidents
3) In the second race it happened that 4 cars came out too late during qualifying, failing to make a good lap (4 minutes in Barcelona ... I don't use the historical circuits ..)

Last edited:
I'm also using zw_midohio (2.0 for me, but I read that road mesh didn't change).

Its road still feels a bit 'dead' to me, but then again, it's quite obvious that it's the best version overall - not just graphically, but also the original version was the opposite, WAY too bumpy!

Also, my 'test car' is the Mercedes-AMG GT3, and zw_midohio does feel a bit better in a more modern AC car, say, the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo, just better force feedback in that car.

So I will stick to Zwiss' version then - though I think the ideal, or most realistic road mesh would be like, if original is 100%, Zwiss' is 0%, then around 20% probably.

And I won't complain, it's a very good Mid-Ohio - layout fine, elevations spot on etc.
Depending on the car that is used (I usually test with either the Reboot BAC Mono or the Norma) there is quite some road feel in Zwiss's version, but I agree, a bit more wouldn't hurt. I even liked the original bumpy version, which I sadly lost.

That said, if anybody has that original NAGP Mid Ohio bumpy version, could you please pass me a link ?

Nice to hear that - looking forward to your point of view.
In the meantime - here's my first impression (no review, no critique, just my findings):
Keep in mind, I didn't ask for such mod, so I had no expectations but I gladly tried all cars.

There are no grid fillers, all cars are drivable.
Force feedback works as expected, by that I mean that I could use the standard settings for my wheel, no tweaking of car ini's etc. necessary. I'm not judging the "feel" of the mod, just confirming "normal" FFB functionality.

The car's skins and cockpits look a bit rough (the Ferrari looks best obviously, the Ligier is alright too), some drivers have fitting helmets, others don't. Mirrors work on all cars.

Tried a short race at Mugello (as I always do with new mods).
AI was fine, they all got off the Grid without problems, no stalling, no turning left, no engine frying, no pitting during the race.
I could race the AI just fine, did not encounter any particularly stupid moments.

So there you go - I think the pack is perfectly fine if one wants to use it for a 1976 season.

Question for all historians: Could somebody tell me if the RPM meters did still behave in that jumpy, janky fashion back in 1976? I'm asking because not all car's needles act the same and I would like to correct that for myself. Thanks in advance.
I did 2 championship races with the 1976 mod. I agree with you on everything, I add some thing that I have noticed:
1) Ferrari always overspeeds when changing gear
2) AI very fast and aggressive, there are overtaking and accidents
3) In the second race it happened that 4 cars came out too late during qualifying, falling to make a good lap (4 minutes in Barcelona ... I don't use the historical circuits...!!)

Last edited:
Depending on the car that is used (I usually test with either the Reboot BAC Mono or the Norma) there is quite some road feel in Zwiss's version, but I agree, a bit more wouldn't hurt. I even liked the original bumpy version, which I sadly lost.

That said, if anybody has that original NAGP Mid Ohio bumpy version, could you please pass me a link ?
Here you go Fanapryde. :cheers:

The file will probably only be up at this address for a week.

@Kniker97
Nice work on Silverstone. 👍

A little something on International layout (noticed it while correcting the non matching sections files - will post them when finished):

ai takes the left-right-left route in Ireland section, which is in fact the International Motorbike layout. It also possible to go straight (cutting the corners) without penalty or void lap time.
So it's a bit confusing as it is.
Could be solved:
1- by placing some cones and make the straight invalid but then it's still the Motorbike layout (needs name change in the ui then), or:
2- let ai drive straight, put the cones at the start of the left corner split and make that part invalid. Then it will be the International layout for cars.

See the difference here:
Left = International Motorbike --- Right = International (car)

View attachment 1153139 View attachment 1153140
Thx for the feedback, I will correct the corner it in the next release, as I stated the both International and National layouts aren't fully done, they are functional but not complete, also for the section names I just used the GP one as a placeholder. If you could make them so I could include them in the next release, that would be great, every bit of help is appreciated, it's gonna free up a bit of time for more important things, unfortunately since December I almost have no free time, in fact I postponed this release for months and months :|.

hello, I just put some updates and new roads surfaces in the original post.
Thanks to those who gave me their opinion. I tried to consider all the comments and improve the models.

i posted the fix a few pages back. will have to do until csp/sinplygon do something their end

edit - ive copied and pasted it here again for ease

SIMPLYGON FIX

The new Simplygon (9.2.7.000.0) doesnt work with Content Manager. Those of us using a Free Licence are forced to upgrade to the latest version hence why downgrading to an older version wont automatically work.

Clear the generated Lods cache in CM

Uninstall Simplygon and delete all folders on your drive and documents.

Restart Computer

Download and install an older version of Simplygon from here:

https://github.com/microsoft/Simplygon-DCC-Integrations/releases

Run "SimplygonLicenseApplication" which can be found in the install directory.

Select "Install Simplygon Title Evaluation Licence"

This is a temporary solution until its fixed. Each email address used will give you 30 days usage of Simplygon. Not ideal but its working again.

Last edited:
I was remembering the OldRing Park Italy circuit in my GTR2, and I wanted to know if anyone knows of any conversion of that track for AC. It is a fictional circuit created for rFactor by Gundam and Uitko.

View attachment 1153270

View attachment 1153268

and last but not least your rim/wheelnut has not welded verticesView attachment 1153269

Thx for your review and pointing out these things, Bonny. We will fix these things. 👍

Now that explains why changing the STEP value in the analog_instruments.ini didn't have any effect...
1653372738325.png

Edit: updated analog_speed_curve.lut (160pmh ~= 257.5kph)
INI:
0|3
257.5|196

Last edited:
Thx for your review and pointing out these things, Bonny. We will fix these things. 👍
there things that can be improved very easily, and since im very advanced regarding acc ports and more at this point. if needed hit me up on discord and we can try sorting that stuff out in your native language: Bonny#4422 . also a small hint the display on the urd cup porsche is done by me fully functionall with ref taken out of the ironforce car if thats a consideration worth.
Also below a small demonstration of my latest work, which may or may not release someday depending on certain future events, but the chance is there. you can put so much detail work into those cars which take up a good ammount of time and knowledge, that needs to be applied properly into the mod, aswell as haveing textures saved the proper way can make a huge quality wise difference.

Screenshot_bny_audi_r8_evoii_ks_nordschleife_12-4-122-23-40-47-1.png
Screenshot_bny_audi_r8_evoii_rt_daytona_23-4-122-21-28-46.png

Last edited:
Thx for the feedback, I will correct the corner it in the next release, as I stated the both International and National layouts aren't fully done, they are functional but not complete, also for the section names I just used the GP one as a placeholder. If you could make them so I could include them in the next release, that would be great, every bit of help is appreciated, it's gonna free up a bit of time for more important things, unfortunately since December I almost have no free time, in fact I postponed this release for months and months :|.
Could you also retain the Motorbike layout, when you alter the International layout, please. I'm enjoying this whole track

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back