Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
Hello
A doubt
I installed Reshade + immersive, and I notice that my gpu usage was quite high (95-99%), but vram has decreased in view of the graphical settings used before Reshade.
I ask if this is normal, or is Reshade necessary for AC, because the improvement I noticed was only in the colors, and if it is preferable to use the video AC and CM settings at the maximum, instead of Reshade?
Hugs
reshade is useful only for taa and fxaa stuff. i wouldnt use it otherwise.
you can archive a good look with the csp /cm settings too.
The performance hit of some reshade shaders is huge and in my opinion not worth it

also the immersive filter is quite old now.. i would use some of the newer ppfilters .. like a3pp , photorealistic by javaire , natural mod , or purelife by amby

Last edited:
reshade is useful only for taa and fxaa stuff. i wouldnt use it otherwise.
you can archive a good look with the csp /cm settings too.
The performance hit of some reshade shaders is huge and in my opinion not worth it

also the immersive filter is quite old now.. i would use some of the newer ppfilters .. like a3pp , photorealistic by javaire , natural mod , or purelife by amby
OK thank you for answering
I found it good using it together with pure eye hdr, but even so, it kept using less vram, with high gpu usage.
So, decidedly, it is preferable not to use it.. right?

Porsche 917LL "Living Legend" v1.0

View attachment 1164778
View attachment 1164784
View attachment 1164782
View attachment 1164776

Introducing the Porsche 917 Living Legend

"Presented as a design study early in 2013 and showcased in 2019 to commemorate the 917's golden anniversary, the general public was teased with stunning renders and full-scale clay model of a modern design take on the legendary Porsche 917K.
Rumors have persisted that for the most trusted of (very very deep pocket) clients, this mythical "Living Legend" may really exist.

Here is what we know so far....

Built on a stronger and lighter version of the 918s carbon tub, thats about all it shares. A low-pressure turbo v8 pumping out a rumored 750bhp at more than 8000RPM, 7 speed sequential gearbox coupled to an estimated 250hp (k)ERS Hybird system with 3 modes (Sport, Race and hotlap). The 917 "LL" top speed of 370kph destroys the 918 with confidence!

With its unique active aerodynamics the 917LL mimics the heritage of the original, flaws and all. This is no race car, or is it?
A hi-tec HUD and its rear-wheel drive, the 917 "Living Legend" deserves its name and deserves to be drivin with that spirit in mind."
- M. Wood 2022

features:
  • CSP 1.76+ required
  • fully dynamic aero
  • KERS
  • adustable suspension
  • 3 way TC and ABS
  • 4k skin template included

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Excellent mod, as long as you respect it's all-wheel drive characteristics and the power it delivers.

One issue, that's "glaring me in the face" in VR is that the steering animation isn't correct, or rather, when you turn the wheel around, the hands suddenly snap to holding the wheel upside-down. It's disorienting, and very distracting while driving hard.

Last edited:
Hello
A doubt
I installed Reshade + immersive, and I notice that my gpu usage was quite high (95-99%), but vram has decreased in view of the graphical settings used before Reshade.
I ask if this is normal, or is Reshade necessary for AC, because the improvement I noticed was only in the colors, and if it is preferable to use the video AC and CM settings at the maximum, instead of Reshade?
Hugs
Check this

Work in progress. Just sorting out the gearing as stuck a V8 in it.

__custom_showroom_1656533685.jpg

Hello
A doubt
Hugs
ReShade is not at all necessary for AC and it just makes the game look worse compared to what can be done with csp

Last edited:
Hi Peter. Thanks for sharing this car! I have a RX-8 Spirit R by Holmes Modding Team & 101 Creative, and this 2004 Mazdaspeed has the same specs as the Spirit R. Should there be differences in power, torque, suspension, etc? It looks like the only difference is the car model. I appreciate any insight you can share.
101creative and Peter Crill = same :cheers:

Anyone any idea how to get around this?
So far tried deleting the wheel shadows, changing for other cars ones, updated ambient shadows in cm showroom, and googled it.
Its very annoying.

I changed the wheels from a different car and now left with this shadow in the wrong place.

View attachment 1166938
I fixed it!
I was using the suspensions off sets to make the wheels tuck in, worked out I need to use the 'track' in the suspensions ini.
Same with basey to raise and lower the car (i had been using the car.ini to do that, in fairness it works ok)

Cool another thing learnt.

Last edited:
Anyone know what gets displayed typically during a race at the real life Brands Hatch on the little digital display to the right of the s\f lights? Would like to do more with that than have it display the AC logo.

Also, has anyone done a skin yet that changes all of the bridges to the black Brands Hatch look I see in some of the more recent photos of the track? Would like to get a copy if it exists.

Last edited:
Reworked Chayka Track from FailWorx
Added GrassFX, Cameras, Ai, 22 Pits
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Turns out this is not a rework of FailWorx's 3 layout version (autodrom_chayka) listed on Breathe's track list, but of the 1 layout version found on the Vosan website that also credits FailWorx as the author (probably just one of the three layouts from the autodrom_chayka track). This one doesn't seem to be listed on Breathe's track list, unless I was too blind to find it. (edit: it now is)

Considering that there are already multiple versions of the track, I would prefer to have those enhancements added to the existing track as a new layout (as @Pyyer does with his extensions) rather than have yet another version.

Last edited:
Turns out this is not a rework of FailWorx's 3 layout version (autodrom_chayka) listed on Breathe's track list, but of the 1 layout version found on the Vosan website that also credits FailWorx as the author (probably just one of the three layouts from the autodrom_chayka track). This one doesn't seem to be listed on Breathe's track list, unless I was too blind to find it.

Considering that there are already multiple versions of the track, I would prefer to have those enhancements added to the existing track as a new layout (as @Pyyer does with his extensions) rather than have yet another version.
That's right. I didn't have that one in the listing.
Added

Turns out this is not a rework of FailWorx's 3 layout version (autodrom_chayka) listed on Breathe's track list, but of the 1 layout version found on the Vosan website that also credits FailWorx as the author (probably just one of the three layouts from the autodrom_chayka track). This one doesn't seem to be listed on Breathe's track list, unless I was too blind to find it. (edit: it now is)

The Version is from AssettoCorsa.Club
1656593231170.png

Last edited:
Reworked Texas World Speedway Track from Legion (9 layouts)
Added GrassFX, Balloons, Blimp and Helis from Masscot, New Cameras
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

After testing it out more, one major and one minor issue...

1. The track can be cut at any time, any surface, without imposing a penalty or disqualifying a lap. Surfaces need to be renamed to correct this issue.

2. Stationery helicopters hovering above the start/finish straight. Raise and animate them for added immersion.

I appreciate your update and how you greatly improved the track. Just a couple of issues to address.

Since the subject of the Cayman 718 GT4 has come up, does anyone like to race the GT4 AIs? Reason I ask, it seems with the Guerilla GT4 mods, the Porsche when set to AI, the top speed only hits ~155mph while the other GT4s hit ~174mph. So when you have a full grid of GT4s they just tumble down the grid on tracks with long straights. If I drive it myself it goes just fine.

Looks like the issue is in the AI.ini file but since the mod is encrypted, I can't edit on my end to try and fix it. I brought it up on their forum months ago but never got a response. Not sure when or if they're going to release a fix

Has anyone figured out a fix or figured out an alternative Cayman 718 mod that works well? I know it's just one car but seeing the Michelin Pilot Challenge at Daytona, Porsche was wrecking shop and I feel like we're missing out

modified Shaun Clarke's Radical SR3

I changed a few things for our league racing:

added low pressure turbo (0.2 bar);
added push 2 pass (turbo goes to 0.4 bar);
edited final gear ratio for higher top speed;
slightly better brakes.

RIP Shaun
View attachment 1163882

Great update!

While this is being updated, could you brighten the Rev LEDs and/or add a glow around them to make them more visible and realistic? Shaun knew this was an issue, and was planning to fix them in a future update

Last edited:
After testing it out more, one major and one minor issue...

1. The track can be cut at any time, any surface, without imposing a penalty or disqualifying a lap. Surfaces need to be renamed to correct this issue.

2. Stationery helicopters hovering above the start/finish straight. Raise and animate them for added immersion.

I appreciate your update and how you greatly improved the track. Just a couple of issues to address.
The reason for not being disqualifed when leaving the track is this line in surfaces.ini of all layouts:

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=GRASS
FRICTION=0.6
DAMPING=0
WAV=grass.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1 <--- should be "=0" !!!!!!!!!!
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.6

It is the same with the original track from Legion. Maybe it is that way due to the overlapping track layouts.

Since the subject of the Cayman 718 GT4 has come up, does anyone like to race the GT4 AIs? Reason I ask, it seems with the Guerilla GT4 mods, the Porsche when set to AI, the top speed only hits ~155mph while the other GT4s hit ~174mph. So when you have a full grid of GT4s they just tumble down the grid on tracks with long straights. If I drive it myself it goes just fine.

Looks like the issue is in the AI.ini file but since the mod is encrypted, I can't edit on my end to try and fix it. I brought it up on their forum months ago but never got a response. Not sure when or if they're going to release a fix

Has anyone figured out a fix or figured out an alternative Cayman 718 mod that works well? I know it's just one car but seeing the Michelin Pilot Challenge at Daytona, Porsche was wrecking shop and I feel like we're missing out
I love to race the GM GT4 cars. They are my favorite mod to race with because they look great and seem to be able to drive cleaner races with less pile ups than other mods. But there are a couple of the cars with bad BOP settings. Can't say I ever noticed the Cayman as one of them, but I don't even put the XBOW in a race. It is so slow that it jams everything up because it just gets in the way. I'm hoping when they get off the current GT2 set and go back to finishing the GT4's that the updates will include better AI balance for some cars that are off a little.

Last edited:
Sliven v1.10

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr03.jpg

bgr02.jpg

about:
"The Sliven International Circuit was meant to be built in the early 80s parallel to the Hungaroring (for F1),
but for various reasons, it never saw the light of day." - nikolov71

features:
  • full CSP features
  • reverb sounds
  • 20 pit/grid

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back