Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,759 comments
Anyone with a motion simulati
or know how I can make gear shift shunts less violent, per car. I've been fiddling with drive train.ini but can't seem to find a setting that makes a lot of impact. I'd rather not change gear ratios. I'm searching for a solution per car, since 95% of the cars feel okay with current motion profile. (SFX-100/Sim Feedback) Any help is very much appreciated..
I am using the motion nj and I feel the same sensation, some cars the gear change is too abrupt (unreal), if someone knows the solution it is welcome

FYI - this track has not been released to date and remains as WIP by its true author/s (ie. Reboot Team) - pleased to be doing replay cams for it, and thus far all is going well in that department... The video you've seen on racealot.sim YT channel is to show the author/s how the cam-work is progressing and to get any feedback whether the quality is on target. I've been creating/testing cam-work vigorously to ensure it's top-notch for its release date - whenever that day may be - the track itself is of high quality and all credit goes to the Reboot Team for yet another classic track.

I've not delved into VR to date so not able to comment if cam-work will be VR-suitable - maybe you can offer some feedback post-release, and any further tweaking can be made thereafter (if needed)... I've been using a HD 65-inch screen for a few years and can only say this version of the track looks awesome and vibrant - with absolutely no squinting :).
Good to hear the Reboot Team is working on Oulton Park!

(Although I'm quite happy with the iRacing conversion from a few years ago, in fact happier with that version than the ACC one, since that older one didn't have these god-awful high kerbs in the Brittens chicane and was generally a little bit smoother than the ACC version, which I always thought excessively bumpy, even for Oulton Park standards.)

Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO 1989 [THIS IS NOT MY MOD]

1667134921008.png

Has anyone else pushed the Scorpion S1 Formula 500 really hard? I'm experiencing horrendous understeer, and terrible cornering. I attempted to inform the creator on RD about this, and all he can do is discredit my suggestions, spout off that this was developed with a team of experienced drivers, and likes writing paragraphs about G-forces this, and lateral that. It drives like ****, and he won't listen. I was excited about it, but too bad I may drive it only one more time for some video capture to compare it to other similar cars.

See previous post announcing it.

View attachment 1204432

This kind of attitude pi$$es me off! When someone's wrong, they think they're right, and you can't tell them otherwise.

His reply to my last comment...
"This sort of stuff is why IER has stopped pursuing any public releases.

A superkart weighs half of the F500, and its wheelbase is half of an F500's. That yields approximately 1/4 of the yaw inertia of an F500. And the F500 has rather soft suspension, much taller+harder tires, a much slower steering setup (~10:1 instead of ~1:1), etc. Not in any way comparable.

On the math end of things, if you can only take the corners at 25 mph that you'd take at 60 mph in a superkart, you're saying the kart pulls 5.76x more G than the F500. F500 on csp1.79 public pulls over 1.5g, so your 9g theoretical superkart would make you black out IRL. Make sure you're on the right version of the patch and that your controls are configured properly. Not much else to be said for that.

Besides that, as Thrashy said, real drivers have already tested the car and found it to be realistic. Additional feedback from people who have not driven the car is not needed."
If iER were involved in the physics, then it's about as good as you can get. Not being good at driving =/= issue with phsyics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else pushed the Scorpion S1 Formula 500 really hard? I'm experiencing horrendous understeer, and terrible cornering. I attempted to inform the creator on RD about this, and all he can do is discredit my suggestions, spout off that this was developed with a team of experienced drivers, and likes writing paragraphs about G-forces this, and lateral that. It drives like ****, and he won't listen. I was excited about it, but too bad I may drive it only one more time for some video capture to compare it to other similar cars.

See previous post announcing it.

View attachment 1204432

This kind of attitude pi$$es me off! When someone's wrong, they think they're right, and you can't tell them otherwise.

His reply to my last comment...
"This sort of stuff is why IER has stopped pursuing any public releases.

A superkart weighs half of the F500, and its wheelbase is half of an F500's. That yields approximately 1/4 of the yaw inertia of an F500. And the F500 has rather soft suspension, much taller+harder tires, a much slower steering setup (~10:1 instead of ~1:1), etc. Not in any way comparable.

On the math end of things, if you can only take the corners at 25 mph that you'd take at 60 mph in a superkart, you're saying the kart pulls 5.76x more G than the F500. F500 on csp1.79 public pulls over 1.5g, so your 9g theoretical superkart would make you black out IRL. Make sure you're on the right version of the patch and that your controls are configured properly. Not much else to be said for that.

Besides that, as Thrashy said, real drivers have already tested the car and found it to be realistic. Additional feedback from people who have not driven the car is not needed."
looked into physics and anyone that knows a thing or two about physics will find that this car has absolutely garbage data for physics lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saddened. It seems PM3DM have thrown in the towel on the awesome BTCC cars from the 90's...
I have lot of other things on my plate with a way higher priority then doing cars for AC

and it's similar situation for the rest of the team unfortunatelly. it's been too long to keep going
Who do y'all think would be the master modder's to carry on the flame of doing these legendary 90's BTCC cars?

The Renault and Audi are pretty far along already I believe....

thinking VRC or RSS or someone could make a small fortune with a high quality complete grid.

If iER were involved in the physics, then it's about as good as you can get. Not being good at driving =/= issue with phsyics.
So in this case you're saying a top rated driver with nearly 30 years experience =/= issue with phsyics? Ooookay.

Overall, the physics are good, but such a small car with slicks and slower speeds shouldn't be so unforgiving. It can go nuts in an instant and turn into a fight to maybe save it. I can save just about anything, but it shouldn't feel like it's going to lose it 70% of the time.

Last edited:
Even before I drove the racing car, the first thing I had to do was saddle the horses.
View attachment 1204564
View attachment 1204567
the high triangle count is ofcourse a good sign its a turbosquid model..
however last week i had some chats with one VRC Modder.. he said that modeling Ferrari cars is too dangerous for them because Ferrari can sue you even if you use fake names..
that is because the shape of the car is beeing modeled after the Original

if only ferrari would know about simdream....

thinking VRC or RSS or someone could make a small fortune with a high quality complete grid.
I suppose there is a reason why they didn't, and i'm pretty confident in saying it's probably because they wouldn't make a penny of it.
Lot of work for their quality standards for a too small audience. That's why there is so much F1 on the market.

Speaking of quality, I don't know if everyone has heard of it, I might be a bit late to the party (was quite away for a time, just came back to my rig recently), but I just tried the Mirandopolis track from ECAR_tracks and it goes straight to my personal top 10. Maybe top 5. It's insanely well done, full of details, life, sound, surface, all of it. And free as a bird. Just wanted to tell, nothing more.

Dl link in the description.

@El Locho Fancy working your wonderful wiper magic on the front and rear of this Astra VXR? :)

View attachment 1204463
Sure... CSP wipers and internal windows for the Astra VXR:

Sure... CSP wipers and internal windows for the Astra VXR:
Thanks very much pal! A diamond is you.
👍
Edit: just tested. Top job, as usual! I didn't realise the wipers were the "wax-on, wax-off" Karate Kid type. Hope that didn't complicate things too much. You absolutely nailed the timing and motion.
Thanks again mate.

Last edited:
the high triangle count is ofcourse a good sign its a turbosquid model..
however last week i had some chats with one VRC Modder.. he said that modeling Ferrari cars is too dangerous for them because Ferrari can sue you even if you use fake names..
that is because the shape of the car is beeing modeled after the Original

if only ferrari would know about simdream....

The model is from cgtrader, you read their description you would know.

need help from someone who knows how to change a mod's windows to be editable. I've tried contacting the original guy who made the mod, but he doesnt reply, and has not done any updates in over a year on RD.
It's the Honda Civice (EP3) cup mod by Morimaru thats on RD, which was based on the Honda civic EP3 by Patrick Melo Modesto.

Easy at ACTK has helped some so far and done some fixes, eg made the windows work with rainFX, Fix tyres.ini, Fix brake calipers in 3d model, Update windows in 3d model (I'm not sure what this means, I try to look at the window mapping to edit the names/banners but the texture is a 10x10 square), Update shaders, Add LODs. He hasn't made the wipers work yet.
Ultimately, I'd like to be able to put names on the side rear windows, and banners on the rear window for sponsors.
Wipers something El Locho knows? But windows??

Can anyone help please? The uvwrapping or unwrapping is way over my head and trying to follow tutorials has left me with poor results and frustration..

Skin so far..

View attachment 1204608

How the banners on rear window should look.

View attachment 1204609

Side windows also need names placed
View attachment 1204610

Link to mod download deleted. Help has been given, many thanks El Locho.

Last edited:
More of a coding question than a mod, I suppose:
But, I'm working on modifying some F1 leaderboards/overlays so that it can be used across multiple years (not just 2022).
The bit I'm having trouble working out is modifying this line:

var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + c +'.DriverName.LastNameShort')

The obvious easy way that I'm seeing is to change '.DriverName.LastNameShort' to just be the team name. but I can't work out what the label is supposed to be to use that..

EDIT: Don't want to do a double post, so just updating after a night of experiments...

Did it!
I've changed
var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + c +'.DriverName.LastNameShort') to
var a = $prop('GameRawData.Car.CarInfo.brand')

And then will just now need to spend the next however long updated the overlay/dashboard on SimHub to add my own images + give each brand a colour. Going to just start doing F1 constructors (and given that, a lot of them may share colours at some stage through history at some stage)

Also, will need to add in a caveat (which I think already exists, but just needs to be modified) for brand = 'Race Sim Studio' to have an override where it will work on the skin name or something.
So the above let me do the timing bar. Having issues with the leaderboard now. Trying to find a way to use "contains" or something like that in the code.

So, lets say the car running last is a Ferrari, I'm running the 1995 season. This works in getting the right logo on the leaderboard
var p = '20'
var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + p + '.CarName')
if(a =='f1 1995 ferrari') {
return 'Ferrari'}

But, if I do it that way, means every single car will need its own line. Trying to find a way that if a contains 'ferrari' it returns 'Ferrari', which is a bigger pain in the but than it ought to be for someone who hasn't coded anything for about 15 years..

So the above let me do the timing bar. Having issues with the leaderboard now. Trying to find a way to use "contains" or something like that in the code.

So, lets say the car running last is a Ferrari, I'm running the 1995 season. This works in getting the right logo on the leaderboard
var p = '20'
var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + p + '.CarName')
if(a =='f1 1995 ferrari') {
return 'Ferrari'}

But, if I do it that way, means every single car will need its own line. Trying to find a way that if a contains 'ferrari' it returns 'Ferrari', which is a bigger pain in the but than it ought to be for someone who hasn't coded anything for about 15 years..
If the car names are structured regularly, you can treat the leading part of $a as a constant, and grab only the part of the string that starts at pos(8) ? So like:
return pcase(instr($a, 8, len($a))) << pseudo code. Most languages support this kind of construct in their own syntax.

Last edited:
If the car names are structured regularly, you can treat the leading part of $a as a constant, and grab only the part of the string that starts at pos(8) ? So like:
return pcase(instr($a, 8, len($a))) << pseudo code. Most languages support this kind of construct in their own syntax.
I've tried something like that, but that's trying to get it to start a certain position. What I'm trying to do (because it saves me from renaming folders, and if I share this, means everyone else won't have to rename folders as well) is to effectively do that function, but have it not needing to start at a particular point (as some folders are structured with the manufacturer at the start, but others are at the end)

EDIT: Actually, in saying that, I could always do that and have one string look for 'team' at the start of the folder name, and another string look for it at the end. Just need to cover off those that randomly sit in the middle..

EDIT 2: Tried putting that together. One issue I've got in the way I've put it together though. The code basically looks like this-
var a = lcase(right($prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position20.CarName'),0,7));

if a= 'ferrari'
return "Ferrari"

But, that will only work for 7 characters, what about when I have:

if a= 'jordan'
return "Jordan"

how do I make the 7 in ),0,7)); indefinite?

Last edited:
Trying to learn about EDL and active diffs, Would anyone be able to explain the lut files for ctrl_single_lock.ini, particularly understeer_factor_vs_lock.lut and difflock_brake_mult.lut?

Two Touge track extension and skin updates

Hakone Turnpike (hakoneTurnpike_wmmt5)

Download extension and skinScreenshot_tw_mazda_rx7_aspec_hakoneturnpike_wmmt5_31-9-122-18-18-40.jpg
[Outline]
This extesion and skin adds Rain FX, Grass FX, Tracks Lights and others to Hakone Turnpike (hakoneTurnpike_wmmt5) and updates the visuals.
hakoneTurnpike_wmmt5 can be found on the Touge Union Discord.

[Known issue]
I created a replay camera for Loop layout, but the replay camera doesn't work well unless I drive in the lane.

[Note]
Remove the semicolon on lines 428-431 of ext_config.ini to hide the big arrow sign. (The hit judgment remains.)
Testing was done with CSPv0.1.80-preview1.

[v2.0 Changelog]
Updated the extension. (shaders, lights, etc.)
Updated skin.
Added Uphill layout and Loop layout.
Added start point and hot lap start point to default layout.
Updated AI for default layout.
Added geotagging to the UI.
Added VAO-patch.

[Credits]
Created by studio55(HIRO.std55)
Support & Help by あ~る(R_are_L_)
Updated by shin956

--------------------------------------------------
Haruna (haruna)
Download extension and skin
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_haruna_29-9-122-19-53-28.jpg

Replace the AC logo and Treewall texture with a skin.
GrassFX, RainFX, and shader fixes in extension.

Enjoy.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back