Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,761 comments
Don't know what track it is. But bull billboards on hills is totally a Spanish thing. So maybe it helps you narrow down the field of what you're looking for to tracks that are based in Spain.
I owe you a beer Ales100i. It was among my Spanish tracks! It's La Dehesa. I just didn't recognise it, because the preview image was changed when Shin updated it.

BIG BIG thanks to you for saving my brain. :)

WIP - Circuit Ricardo Tormo

I'ìve decided to put my hands on a old track i've updated in the past (with some settings by @slider666), it's a complete config rebuild and news cams too. Soon available

Meanwhile, here's a replay of a night lap (UNEDITED video, just a straight upload as it is)

OK, actually i have no time for the implementation of the other layouts, maybe in the future i will take a look. Meanwhile later i will release the update (here's some screens)

Changelog:
  • New scratchmade ext_config (which includes some settings from original config by @slider666)
  • New TV Cameras
  • Updated UI
  • New pitlane_ground_fix.kn5 for fixing the hole in the mesh under the garages
  • New models.ini to implement the kn5 above
  • New models.vao-patch

A huge thanks to @pugsang for his always precious help with that damn normals which put on hold this update and to @racinjoe013 to help me hours to figure out what was my problem with all-winter config if seasons were set in the ext_config (the well known problem that i always reported) and for the new condition which let lights works if rain

DOWNLOAD UPDATE (download, unzip, drag-drop-overwrite without any fear):
https://sharemods.com/s9mkg0vgfaus/Ema_Valencia_Ricardo_Tormo_UPDATE_by_CrisT86.rar.html

The config works fine in combo with this track skin made by Morizottom available on RD and downloadable at this LINK

View attachment 1207921View attachment 1207922View attachment 1207923View attachment 1207924View attachment 1207925View attachment 1207926View attachment 1207927View attachment 1207928View attachment 1207929View attachment 1207931View attachment 1207932

Valencia UPDATE is now finally available for everyone, sorry for the delay ;)

I was wondering if someone could help me remember the name of a fictional track which I seem to have lost from my library. Hard to find when you can't remember what it's called! :ouch:

The most obvious clue I can remember is that it's a long GT circuit and there's a large black & white bull-shaped billboard (i.e. a steer) on the hill that looks over end of the last (very long) straight before you turn right onto the main straight.

If that triggers anyone's memory, I'd appreciate any tips on the track name! :cheers:
It's La Dehesa (but I see now that you already found out) :)
I immediately remembered: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13302219

Last edited:
... i couldn't find a better setup, so i did my own...

--- HANDLING & STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS for "crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_v1.0" ... "data.acd"-file only !!! ---

this is a new data.acd for the "Endurance"-version with hopefully a lot of improvment in handling and stability. also my own preferred setup (curvy back) is in the archive.

• several overall improvements in config files
  • changed final gear with finer steps
  • more different engine maps with value-names to choose from
  • two sets of tyres (one orig & one with little more grip)

installing and driving on your own risk! allways backup first!

!!! its my personal test-tune/setup without further support !!!

have fun
G.McThornbody

problem

try to fix it but always problem .... re-install my original file and no problem ...
????????????

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I owe you a beer Ales100i. It was among my Spanish tracks! It's La Dehesa. I just didn't recognise it, because the preview image was changed when Shin updated it.

BIG BIG thanks to you for saving my brain. :)
It's one of those tracks I own but don't seem to have ever driven in anger. Thanks for the heads-up, it seems like a good challenge. Looks good too apart from a couple of areas where blending between soil and grass is badly needed. Not sure whether @shi could do something here to reduce the sharp transition?
I might add some life to the track with some flying stuff and maybe flag-waving spectators if I can find the time.

Screenshot_toyota_vitz_rs_2007_ladehesa_27-11-122-9-54-34.jpg

--- UPDATE / FIX ---

--- HANDLING & STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS for "crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_v1.0"

"data"-folder to replace data.acd

Sorry guys... i was working in a copy of the original car. in this case the "data.acd" doesn't work. I forgot to match the car.ini.

now, here is the "data"-folder to copy into "crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_endurance"-folder. rename or backup original "data.acd" !

Last edited:
It's one of those tracks I own but don't seem to have ever driven in anger. Thanks for the heads-up, it seems like a good challenge. Looks good too apart from a couple of areas where blending between soil and grass is badly needed. Not sure whether @shi could do something here to reduce the sharp transition?
I might add some life to the track with some flying stuff and maybe flag-waving spectators if I can find the time.

View attachment 1211200
Screenshot_renault_5gtturbo_fase2_ladehesa_27-10-122-20-37-54.jpg

Desaturated textures.
What do you think?

anyone know of a fix for AI mod cars driving off track I have the BR Engineering P1 car and certain corners it just can't take at all, it keeps going too deep into the corner and going off track and stopping specifically atm the new second hairpin at Abu Dhabi, I've tried multiple modifications to the ai.ini but nothing seems to fix the issue.

anyone know of a fix for AI mod cars driving off track I have the BR Engineering P1 car and certain corners it just can't take at all, it keeps going too deep into the corner and going off track and stopping specifically atm the new second hairpin at Abu Dhabi, I've tried multiple modifications to the ai.ini but nothing seems to fix the issue.
it's down to the shift up, it's too low.

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Door is not the same tint as the rest of the car, Kunos car. I did add extension ini to it to have the proper headlights lighting.
Car is fine in KS Editor, all value are the same all over...

Attachments

• Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_27-10-122-10-19-44.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_27-10-122-10-19-44.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_s1_spa_19-10-122-11-28-58.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_s1_spa_19-10-122-11-28-58.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 9

Are you talking about the mod that based off the Modified P217 model.

We have actually reworked the physics of that car just haven’t released it yet.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the mod that based off the Modified P217 model.

We have actually reworked the physics of that car just haven’t released it yet.
that's the one, found 3 different versions of the same model online all with the same physics haha

Yes, there's finally 1999 GT-ONE LeMans skins for the 2-Zero!

I immediately tried one out on Midfield.
Screenshot_rss_lmgt_toyama_2zero_v8_midfield_raceway_27-10-122-11-52-56.jpg

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Door is not the same tint as the rest of the car, Kunos car. I did add extension ini to it to have the proper headlights lighting.
Car is fine in KS Editor, all value are the same all over...
Well, i came across the same problem today, with a mod car, tried to fix it but failed. After your example, with a kunos car, probably another CSP bug.

Hi guys, i have a question for the 3D simed guru:
how can i add a normal map to a texture?
Thanks in advance for your answer, have a nice day
Mike

Cadwell Park 2022 updated to 1.4m. New download link.
Basic details as earlier today but I've added 12 animated flag-waving chaps dotted around the track, new RainFX, new UK-centric balloon skins, and some other tweaks to UI, chopper positions, and other minor stuff.
18 pits. If anyone wants to merge in the 28-pit layouts and update this version then fill your boots.
Thanks to doublezero for the flag animation and @norms and @gunnar333 (and others) for help getting them nailed to a little man and stuff and things.

View attachment 1178732

Did this track ever get the 28 pit layouts?

Quick mod to stop lower legs and feet glowing unnaturally in dark footwells. Kind of like fake AO for the driver suit and shoes.
Got reminded to do this after driving the RSS LMP Ferruccio 33 V12 in VR.

Before:
View attachment 1210774

After:
View attachment 1210775

Something like this probably should have been included in the default AC suit skin template from the start.

Nice to see that RSS included this in their update! :)

Hey guys, could anyone help me on csp wiper animation, I'm trying but so far not having much luck figuring it out can't get the wipers to follow the windscreen properly, it's a personal car I'm working on needs a lot more work but would like to get the wipers sorted on it now.

Can send the file if anyone is interested or if anyone knows of a good tutorial to point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help offered!

Something to try if you want. It's a little mod for the stock Monza to change the overly dark tree shadows that make the trees look black. I would highly recommend you make a backup of your Monza track folder before trying this. A couple of the stock files are changed (the models and track json files).

Monza mod

Couple of notes:

-- I hid the 3D trees because they look odd to me. You can enable them by either deleting\renaming the ext_config-3d-tree-removal file or disabling the entry in the ext_config.
-- Tree and grass lighting was a tough one. Looked totally different depending on which filter I tested it on. If you find the grass or trees too dark or light, you can edit the ext_config-tree-lighting file and play around with the ambient and diffuse values.
-- I hid a few objects. You can re-enable them in the ext_config-misc file.
-- There is a skin included but you don't need to enable it. It just alters a few track side objects.
-- Any other changes I made that you don't care for can also be disabled in the ext_config.
-- The changes should carry over seamlessly to @Pyyer's F1 mods except for the 3D tree removal. There is a separate folder with the files to make that work with his mods.

View attachment 1206164

Here you go. Please don't expect much. I just started on it. I just know I enjoy driving Nords more with this setup.

ks_nordschleife_mod

Couple of Notes:
-- Make a copy of your existing Nords track folder.
-- The mod contains three parts that don't need to be used together. A vao patch to reduce the amount of black in the tree shadows, my own extension folder and track skins. If there is a particular change you don't care for, just don't use it. It won't effect other changes.
-- The vao patch has it's faults, but for me personally, I can overlook any faults it has if it means I don't need to see black trees.
-- The skins have three varying tree brightness versions. If you would prefer lighter or darker versions, don't hesitate to ask. Would take me all of 5 minutes to batch convert them for you.
-- Never could decide on texture saturation levels so I made two optional skins, one slightly more saturated and one slightly less.

More Saturated Skins

Less Saturated Skins

Optional VAOs you may like better. Goes in the track folder. Little better shadow depth amongst the trees, but may bring back a little of that overly black look in spots. You will need to rename them to try them. Just remove the number at the end of the name.

VAOs
Don't know if anyone actually uses either of these two mods, but I uploaded a little update for both. I was making a new vao patch for RBR and found a way to get a little more shadow depth without recreating the black tree shadows from the CSP vaos that these two mods were supposed to try and fix. Since I can't make up my mind on anything, each one has three different vaos you can try. You simply have to rename them by removing the number before the vao patch name to try out another one. The higher the number, the lighter the shadows.

As always, backup before you try...

Monza Mod

ks_nordschleife mod

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back