Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,022 comments
Do you know where to get this car shown in this screenshot? This is not the Gr 3 variant that RTM Mods put out.
1669525181926-png.1211171

I can't figure this out for the life of me. For the Kunos Nissan GT-R GT3, any custom skin that I save automatically puts carbon fiber on the roof, wing, skirts, etc. It's not a big deal for the most part, but the freaking roof is annoying me. Any other Kunos skin and custom skin that I've downloaded don't have this issue.

None of the other ones have any other file that seems to be mapping this out to take out the carbon fiber, it's just not there. Any ideas? I can't find anything to work. For the below, the Nintendo Livery is mine. Included are the issue vs Kunos livery, my PS layout, and the dds settings I use to save the Skin_00.dds file

Nissan GT3.PNG
Nissan Map.PNG
settings.PNG

What file in a car's data file controls it's ffb effects? Or is it determined by something else?
The effects of the FFB are determined by numerous factors. Mainly suspension load, tire contact, steering ratios, the castor of the car, so on.
When the steering is off in the car, the wheel can feel light or heavy or lose detail in the center position. When a car is setup really well, like your top tier mod teams cars, it feels really good through the wheel. But the FFB multiplier is in car.ini to make it stronger or weaker.

View attachment 1223348

hello everyone !

I would like to organize a BTCC championship and I wanted to know if you know who modded these cars?
I got this pack in a public link but I don't want to distribute it not knowing its origin.
The cars are cool but I don't have any info on who modded them.
Can someone tell me where they come from? These are the 3 cars in red in the list (BTCC 1991)
Here you can find all the info that you need for this mod pack,
who is the original modder and who is the thief

I can't figure this out for the life of me. For the Kunos Nissan GT-R GT3, any custom skin that I save automatically puts carbon fiber on the roof, wing, skirts, etc. It's not a big deal for the most part, but the freaking roof is annoying me. Any other Kunos skin and custom skin that I've downloaded don't have this issue.

None of the other ones have any other file that seems to be mapping this out to take out the carbon fiber, it's just not there. Any ideas? I can't find anything to work. For the below, the Nintendo Livery is mine. Included are the issue vs Kunos livery, my PS layout, and the dds settings I use to save the Skin_00.dds file

View attachment 1223689View attachment 1223690View attachment 1223691
This happens because of the "alpha 1" in the channels tap in photoshop

'

View attachment 1223689View attachment 1223690View attachment 1223691
Edit : Or what Greg_ST says

Hi - Might be wrong but have you checked the cars .dds files for an errant carbon one (ie carbon_roof.dds) ext_config files to see if its hidden in there? https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...ter/config/cars/common/materials_carpaint.ini
Alternatively open the car in cm showroom and left click on roof to see the texture name and then rename or delete that file if its in your (specific) skin folder - Hope that helps

Last edited:
DRAG MODE does NOT support AI. Period.

You could build a psudo drag start with AI, but it will NOT support DRAG MODE

You might be able to build a camera by hand with a cam-app and F7 for DRAG MODE, but I have doubts it will work because it wont know how to switch to the next position (because each cam view comes into play via the AI distance 0-0.999. Therefore the only option might be to create a camera file with one entry and an overhead view

AI on hillclimb is trivial to do so why mention it?
If you use camtool all you need is any AI line from any track, then so long as you have that you can make a camera.
But if you don't use camtool sadly its not possible.
Santa Pod has no AI but it is possible. (but i know camtool isn't widely used)

I downloaded latest long beach. rain is not visible, i see shadows errors. latest pure and csp.

View attachment 1223737
there's a lot of version (at least i have 3-4 version in my external HDD based on the same version of the track). And once i applied the TreeFX from the user i don't remember the nick now, i noticed a lot of problems (not linked to his work). So i've started a rebuild of the whole config for my personal use in order to delete all the older version, save space and have a working version.

there's a lot of version (at least i have 3-4 version in my external HDD based on the same version of the track). And once i applied the TreeFX from the user i don't remember the nick now, i noticed a lot of problems (not linked to his work). So i've started a rebuild of the whole config for my personal use in order to delete all the older version, save space and have a working version.
I have clean installed probably version 2.7 with 3d trees. It was posted few pages ealier.

I have clean installed probably version 2.7 with 3d trees. It was posted few pages ealier.
i've done it too, but i had some buildings with missing textures, and some normals upside-down (maybe some other older files in other folder, don't know, that's why in my config i always put ignore other configs in order to avoid any external issue). Btw that's it for now, unless @norms is working on an update, that's what we have. Once done my config i can send it to him if he want, if not i will keep for my internal-personal use

i've done it too, but i had some buildings with missing textures, and some normals upside-down (maybe some other older files in other folder, don't know, that's why in my config i always put ignore other configs in order to avoid any external issue). Btw that's it for now, unless @norms is working on an update, that's what we have. Once done my config i can send it to him if he want, if not i will keep for my internal-personal use
This track was passed onto @Mitch9 to finish off who then abandoned the idea in favour of a fresh track with LIDAR iirc; no idea how that is going. This track really needs someone to take the reigns and finish it off, I have no time and neither do the Reboot Team.

Last edited:
This track was passed onto @Mitch9 to finish off who then abandoned the idea in favour of a fresh track with LIDAR iirc; no idea how that is going. This track really needs someone to take the reigns and finish it off, I have no time and neither do the Reboot Team.
Unless the LiDAR version came out before (I don't think it can in few days unless he already finished it, but i think we will have had some news meanwhile) i can do what i can in order to have at least one finished version and release as it is. No big update, but at least put together all the configs were available, and all the features too and credit whoever did something on it. At least we will have something usable meanwhile we waiting for the LiDAR one.

Last edited:
There is somewhere a list of tracks which are updated to 3d trees? I like 3d trees so much. Thank you very much
as far as i know only Autopolis, Imola1994 (which is btw done on the incomplete version of the track and shared few days ago), and this one. Plus some paid mods from Superstage for rally A-B points for what i know at the moment. CSP with this feature is pretty new, so there was no time for updating a lot of tracks

Wheel died so for the time being I'm playing on a controller and I have a question : why can't I unbind some buttons ? I clear the binding, save the preset and it just doesn't work lol. It reverts to the old spec. Any ideas ? Losing my goddamn mind.

Wheel died so for the time being I'm playing on a controller and I have a question : why can't I unbind some buttons ? I clear the binding, save the preset and it just doesn't work lol. It reverts to the old spec. Any ideas ? Losing my goddamn mind.
I once had to actually file-system delete a wheel config/preset and then recreate it, before it would behave. Perhaps?

UPDATE Ruapuna Park 2012

v2.7
updates by CrisT86
  • new ext config
  • updated cams
  • new treewall textures
Since the file structure has been altered and a new layout added: new sections file that covers the changes:
https://sharemods.com/ve9rhrjist0s/ruapuna_park2012.zip.html

I will add it later in the next update to my 'Corner Names - track description' mod on RD too, but in the meanwhile... https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/corner-names-track-description.13487/

'

Edit : Or what Greg_ST says

Hi - Might be wrong but have you checked the cars .dds files for an errant carbon one (ie carbon_roof.dds) ext_config files to see if its hidden in there? https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...ter/config/cars/common/materials_carpaint.ini
Alternatively open the car in cm showroom and left click on roof to see the texture name and then rename or delete that file if its in your (specific) skin folder - Hope that helps
Greg_ST was right! I was just able to figure it out, saved it as the BC1 format instead of BC3

1674052565227.png

Attachments

• Skyline Fix.PNG
    Skyline Fix.PNG
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hey guys I have been having with cm. Whenever I try to unbind a button in cm more specifically the dpad buttons to since they are both binded to look around and control the abs/brake bias, they always revert back to being binded even if i save the controls. I tried using the controller tweak app but im not sure if you're able to unbind with that app :indiff:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back