Audi VGT GT2 V10 (W.I.P.)

Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-54-38.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-54-40.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-57-4.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-57-8.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-57-11.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-57-20.jpg
Screenshot_f302_audi_vgt_gr1_ks_nordschleife_27-2-124-20-54-35.jpg

Just spent a couple of hours in VR in the RSS MP-H Bayer Hybrid V8 and I don't think I have had a more immersive VR experience. The compactness of the cabin and the high quality all round from RSS just lend themselves perfectly to VR.

Do you have any personal picks that do the same for you? I want more experiences like tonight's!

Just spent a couple of hours in VR in the RSS MP-H Bayer Hybrid V8 and I don't think I have had a more immersive VR experience. The compactness of the cabin and the high quality all round from RSS just lend themselves perfectly to VR.

Do you have any personal picks that do the same for you? I want more experiences like tonight's!
Yeah, closed-cockpit LMPs are awesome in VR. There's a real sense of claustrophobia in those tiny cabins.
VR and sim racing are a match made in heaven.

I get the same in VR with the URD Loire 2021. Brilliant car.

And so there were some (new adapted skins and inventions/adaptations) of new cars from the 1960 Le Mans 24h.
Jaguar E-Type 2A Prototype
Ferrari 250 TRI60
Triumph TR4 S
Chevrolet Corvette C1
Maserati Type 61 Birdcage (skin number 25 is original by "MrHunt", the other two I adapted via paint (they were reasonable)
Corvette C1

Ferrari 250TRI/60

Aston Martin DBR1/300

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1711578574.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711578574.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1711565655.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711565655.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8
  • __custom_showroom_1711565723.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711565723.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1711578190.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711578190.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 4
  • __custom_showroom_1711578345.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1711578345.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 6

Check out any of the VRC (cars really) but specifically their LMP1 offerings, very night to be in.

And so there were some (new adapted skins and inventions/adaptations) of new cars from the 1960 Le Mans 24h.
Ferrari 250 TRI60
Triumph TR4 S
Chevrolet Corvette C1
Maserati Type 61 Birdcage (skin number 25 is original by "MrHunt", the other two I adapted via paint (they were reasonable)
Corvette C1

Ferrari 250TRI/60

Aston Martin DBR1/300

Are you planning on sharing any of these creations?

Legend, seems pretty straight forward.
Am I ok to ask a further question about VAO patch for cars? Just seen someone mention it regards interior and I'm curious.
Ask away as that's one of the main reasons for the forum, to share and to learn. Before you do any VAO though, it is always best to get as much AO baked into your car textures as possible. You won't need VAO if you get a good balance.

I think I'm done working on the Wiesmann. It's still a fairly old car-model, but I'm statisfied with the updates. Since it's originally from Alexander (Assettodrive), I've asked him for permission to share it here. It's a bit of a rude question to ask since he's selling it on his website, but I took the shot anyway.

I've also asked Peugeot905 for permission to share my updates on the TVR Tuscan S. But I'm not sure if I should ask him or PedroBLR who seems to be the original author. I'll post the updates as soon as I hear (something positive) from them.

Screenshot_ad_wiesmann_gtmf5_auverhat_27-2-124-18-3-0.jpgScreenshot_ad_wiesmann_gtmf5_auverhat_28-2-124-1-25-11.jpg
p.s. I love how a nice interior also elevates the view from outside of the car. That's why I included those photo's, not because I worked (much) on the outside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-0-20.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-0-20.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-1-4.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-1-4.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_ablz_targaflorio73_28-2-124-2-2-13.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_auverhat_28-2-124-2-7-18.jpg
    Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_auverhat_28-2-124-2-7-18.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
Ferrari 250 TRI60
Triumph TR4 S
Chevrolet Corvette C1
Corvette C1

Ferrari 250TRI/60

Aston Martin DBR1/300

when do you plan to releases these?

Does anyone have a working SBH Maserati 300S? My version keeps crashing on loading, CM says "drivetrain might be broken" but I think it should work.

when do you plan to releases these?
After finishing the Triumph skins, I believe that this week I will share this adaptation of the car if it doesn't give me any problems on the forum, if it's not possible let's do it another way.The Maserati Tipo 61 skins (they were just adaptations), I hope the author of the skin himself (number 25), does it much better than me.The Jaguar 2A Prototype, I also don't know if it will be possible to share it on the forum, as it is an adaptation of one of the models by Velo (I only did it to complete the grid, as I think it was an important car in that 1960 race), as no one officially created it, I decided to make this adaptation.

I have a question regarding track optimization. I'm trying to race at Reboot's Nurburgring short but IMO it's not very well optimized for 25/35 cars grids. So the question is what I'd have to edit in order to make it more FPS friendly? I have 3dsimed and kseditor and have used them to correct things in cars, add more pits and grid boxes and track cameras edition here and there, but I've never edited a whole track before.

Last edited:
Yeah, closed-cockpit LMPs are awesome in VR. There's a real sense of claustrophobia in those tiny cabins.
VR and sim racing are a match made in heaven.
Extending the VR discussion started by @Tummie555, but now on tracks, think the whole problem is that not that some of the modders are bad, but more that they do not have access to an VR headset. They can not see the faults in 3D. I know one guy that in my opinion his name should be changed to “mister 2D”, admitted that he did not have an VR headset. It’s not only graphical problems, but also because some tracks have far away distance view issues.
So here my advices for all those non equipped with VR, modders:
-)Move the 2D crowd and other 2D objects a bit away from the track side.
-)Do not use a long row of uninterrupted repeating 2D crowds at the track side, because of the strobe light effect.
-)Do not use containing different poly objects, beside each other.
-)A hay bale is not a yellow painted concrete block and rocks walls besides the circuit are never been fuzzy low poly.
-)Do not use tarmac with a pink glow, it’s so hilarious.
-)Use a direction pointing marshal or direction road markings when using the combination, long straight with a straight safety extension and very sharp bent. The black tyre brake markings on the road can also be helpful inhere.
-)Avoid floating objects and do not put objects at quicksand, near the track/pits, it’s not a Harry Potter race game.
-)Avoid shimmering and jaggies, read this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-3854 for the telephone and power lines. Same for fences or just do not use them.
-)Try to update your track if users have some remarks or advices about the shortcomings.

Do not get this as criticism, love your effort, big thank you modders. It’s more about points of attention specific for VR users. For the rest, I know there are more remarks but this was quickly from what I remember. More remarks is coming from other members I hope. :bowdown:

Edit btw, if you publish a review about a mod, please give the modder a honest review and explain on what to improve. You are not helping the modder by simply give him a 4 or 5star while his mod is full of imperfections. As a sample, if a mod is spoiled by 2d objects like all those conversations from the stone age race sims, then also write down that aspect.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding track optimization. I'm trying to race at Reboot's Nurburgring short but IMO it's not very well optimized for 25/35 cars grids. So the question is what I'd have to edit in order to make it more FPS friendly? I have 3dsimed and kseditor and have used them to correct things in cars, add more pits and grid boxes and track cameras edition here and there, but I've never edited a whole track before.
might be easier to use CSP and reduce the LOD on many things

examples:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = ? ; eveything
MESHES = ; use meshes as well
LOD_OUT = 800 ; limits all things to 800m, anything farther than 800m from you will not render until you are that close

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = TREE?, shader:ksTree
LOD_OUT = 500 ; limit all trees to 500m

another example is if there are many small things let say in the pit area, if you only see them when close to the pits, limit them to 100m or so.

Using 3dsimed to look at the map and choose things, copy the name etc is easier than using Object Inspector

hope this helps

I'm having the excat same issue but don't know how to fix ist, and it isn't happening on every track track I race on

It is such a *ing joke, 14 lap race at montreal and the ai ports into the pits at the end of lap 12 and is slightly jumping in the pitlane and is not going to get out after this, it is so annoying and I have no frickin' clue why this * is happening

If it is an issue with the cars, track, rare app or major game issue or whatever I have no idea and I'm tired of this nonsense, it is like fighting against something but you don't know what to fight

Maybe it ist because the RARE app cant work with the cars I use on some tracks but I'd really like to get an answer on this otherwise it is just frustrating

Hello racers,

I have a question, why is my ai pitting near the end of the race or at the end of the last lap, and even more... Why are they stuck in the pits then and not getting back out on the track if it happens before the end of the race... only when retired they should stay there but they are driving in manually and never going back out.
I hope everyone understands what I mean.

And it only happens if the race distance is at a certain amount... so at about 10 laps they will do such thing but not on an 5 lap race somehow

Any ideas how to prevent this cuz I really don't know what is causing this.
Have you tried to disable the Rare app?

Last edited:
And how can it be done?? I have some cars with no lods.
What is your experience with 3D modelling ? It's gonna be necessary. Topology, decimation, those things in particular. After that, it's the same as LOD A, so might be useful to know the how-to mod a whole car.

You can Mp if you need help

Extending the VR discussion started by @Tummie555, but now on tracks, think the whole problem is that not that some of the modders are bad, but more that they do not have access to an VR headset. They can not see the faults in 3D. I know one guy that in my opinion his name should be changed to “mister 2D”, admitted that he did not have an VR headset. It’s not only graphical problems, but also because some tracks have far away distance view issues.
So here my advices for all those non equipped with VR, modders:
-)Move the 2D crowd and other 2D objects a bit away from the track side.
-)Do not use a long row of uninterrupted repeating 2D crowds at the track side, because of the strobe light effect.
-)Do not use containing different poly objects, beside each other.
-)A hay bale is not a yellow painted concrete block and rocks walls besides the circuit are never been fuzzy low poly.
-)Do not use tarmac with a pink glow, it’s so hilarious.
-)Use a direction pointing marshal or direction road markings when using the combination, long straight with a straight safety extension and very sharp bent. The black tyre brake markings on the road can also be helpful inhere.
-)Avoid floating objects and do not put objects at quicksand, near the track/pits, it’s not a Harry Potter race game.
-)Avoid shimmering and jaggies, read this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-3854 for the telephone and power lines. Same for fences or just do not use them.
-)Try to update your track if users have some remarks or advices about the shortcomings.

Do not get this as criticism, love your effort, big thank you modders. It’s more about points of attention specific for VR users. For the rest, I know there are more remarks but this was quickly from what I remember. More remarks is coming from other members I hope. :bowdown:
To a certain extend, these remarks can apply for triple screen setups too. Countless tracks that probably look totally OK on single screen, show the strangest effects on the side screens, objects, tree lines, spectators etc that turn flat and even disappear when driving by, and I don't even have to turn my head to notice it.
Modders that use single screen most probably don't even know these things are visible and pretty disturbing.
And I could add that testing needs to be done in cockpit view too (more towards car modders though).
Can't count the times I tried new car mods lately where the windows are set to non transparent (how can you miss that, unless when using follow or other outside cams ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back