Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,228 comments
What do you folks use to race GTs (mainly RSSs) on Adelaide?
I'm using Adelaide2021 (Rainmaker/Tewie) and all AIs I find (the two on RD) with Aggression at 0% and New AI on/off result in pile ups...

EDIT: problem solved, sometimes I forget about loading sidelines correctly

Last edited:
What do you folks use to race GTs (mainly RSSs) on Adelaide?
I'm using Adelaide2021 (Rainmaker/Tewie) and all AIs I find (the two on RD) with Aggression at 0% and New AI on/off result in pile ups...

EDIT: problem solved, sometimes I forget about loading sidelines correctly
care to share? :)

Will you also make the Mclaren with double high wing? and the three wing one? View attachment 1347359View attachment 1347360
These must be from 1969.
When 1968 is finished, I hope to start 1969 (which already has some cars).

One of the versions of the Lotus 49C (double wing) and the single version for almost the entire season are now available.

Brabham also used a double wing.I'll search the internet (as I always do), depending on the race, which version they used.

Are you still driving through the timing gates in the new lap layout? If not, you may need to move the timing objects for sectors 1 and 2 so they register with the new lap layout. This can be done using 3dSimEd.
I have given up, it ain't my track and I can't be arsed anymore lol

So I recently moved my AC installation to a brand new SSD and lost some of my old settings.
I was able to restore most of them... albeit with one caveat that's actually served to be rather irritating so far.

The rear camera (look behind) placement is suddenly far higher than it used to be.
View attachment 1345536

I use the "BACC - Forza Horizon" Chaser Camera script from RaceDepartment (Overtake) and had been using it prior to the game being moved, and never had this problem before. For context, this is how I have it currently set up when looking in front from third person.

View attachment 1345537

Anyone know how I can fix this? This is present on every vehicle and is not related to the mod shown here.
Apologies to bring this up again, but I still haven't found a way to properly fix this, and its been driving me nuts.

My game just hasn't been the same since I had moved its installation, and I don't know what to do at this point. Already tried re-installing but it didn't go away.

Hi gents,
BMW 323ti Compact Hartge
View attachment 1347118
Original model from Dominik Pasek
Performance & data: https://zeperfs.com/en/fiche2185-bmw-323-ti-hartge.htm
Skin color: https://colorndrive.com/fr/stylo-retouche-peinture/bmw-3-series-compact?year=2000&baseColor=#filter
276hp, 380Nm
Unfortunatly i havent 35.000 usd a year to make lods :(
All suspension points moved
Steering wheel parameters fixed
Hartge logo added
Hope you enjoy this little gem (very very rare)

DOWNLOAD:
https://mega.nz/file/YodUXRwA#r4avvZ3337A_O0M6DqsTET70X8mlKatbI35ikNljtPE
hi,
which preview & settings you used?
can you pls share your preview settings?
1713421292028.png

Last edited:
X90
I was under the impression that this was done automatically with CSP and we no longer had to do this.

Man, I've never heard of this. Very interesting! Do you have to press shift the whole time it is loading or what? Or as X90 said, is it handled automatically by CSP?
I've never had to do it, so my experience and ken is limited, but I think that was what @ninezeroniner was referring to, cos if you search that term here (some of us do), his is the first hit ¯\(ツ)
If it was automajicked, I guess it would depend on "in which version" vs "which version do you use?", yeah?
Anyhoo, why not give it a try and see if/how it works for you?

Ok, as I mentioned, I'm talking about Adelaide2021 (Rainmaker/Tewie) with updates by CrisT86 & Pugsang v1.1.
The AI I'm using is this one. Link.

20 GTs, a mix of RSSs and CFs

strenght 95
aggression 10
new AI off

You don't hold SHIFT, cars will crash on first chicane and first curve, almost guaranteed pile-up.
You hold SHIFT, a bit of door to door on first chicane of first lap and that's it, clean race. Tested last night on a one hour race.

CSP023 P211.

Last edited:
Everything was a matter of getting used to a DD wheel, while coming from a belt one. Plus a matter of correct settings, especially also the car-by-car ffb adjustments within the games.
I used all the fanatec-recommendations and adjusted them always a bit. Now i am very pleased with the wheel.
Btw. speaking of fana-recommendations - right now it´s no more necessary to run the compatibility mode (they should update this) because the wheel is immidiatly recognized by all the actuall titles.

Maybe if someone stimm plays AMS1 oder the old sim bins, there is still a sense to run compatibility mode.

Ordered mine Yesterday! Time for retirement for my 20 years old Logitech drving force pro!

edit: tipo

Last edited:
Ordered mine Yesterday! Time for retirement for my 20 years old Logitech drving force pro!
[/QUOTE]

Wow Thats a really huge step. Let me know your experiences.
And if you have questions- I alhave studied these things those days :D

Last edited:
shi
Circuit Piddy v1.1

View attachment 1347713
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layouts (SH and SAH)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Fredhot & Neel Jani
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Billboard textures by @Masscot
cameraman and textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @twobegreen

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Rainer Musch.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 updated by @Masscot (April 2024)

Animated flag-waving spectators added
Patrolling helicopters added
Blimp and hot-air ballons added
Some adboard textures changed/corrected
New start/finish gantry track logo
New grandstand icon
New grass texture and tweaked GrassFX config
New distance markers
Trees darkened, some normals fixed
New loading logo and track previews

-Fixed grass mapping to reduce tiling.
-Updated flags.
-Changed crowd textures by @Kniker97 . (Thanks)

Circuit Piddy v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 updated by @Masscot (April 2024)

Animated flag-waving spectators added
Patrolling helicopters added
Blimp and hot-air ballons added
Some adboard textures changed/corrected
New start/finish gantry track logo
New grandstand icon
New grass texture and tweaked GrassFX config
New distance markers
Trees darkened, some normals fixed
New loading logo and track previews

-Fixed grass mapping to reduce tiling.
-Updated flags.
-Changed crowd textures by @Kniker97 . (Thanks)
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_piddy_18-3-124-19-32-12.jpg

I've never had to do it, so my experience and ken is limited, but I think that was what @ninezeroniner was referring to, cos if you search that term here (some of us do), his is the first hit ¯\(ツ)
If it was automajicked, I guess it would depend on "in which version" vs "which version do you use?", yeah?
Anyhoo, why not give it a try and see if/how it works for you?
My undestanding...this is not a CSP function, but inherent to AC. The new sidelines should bake into the fast_lane.ai if its modification date is newer than the fast_lane.ai and SHIFT is held while loading the track. If it is older, as is the case if old sidelines need to be baked into a brand new AI line, then slightly edit the sideline files and save to produce a newer modification date. Please see RMI-wood's post below!

Last edited:
My undestanding...this is not a CSP function, but inherent to AC. The new sidelines should automatically bake into the fast_lane.ai if its modification date is newer than the fast_lane.ai. If it is older, as is the case if old sidelines need to be baked into a brand new AI line, then holding shift until the track loads will force the baking process. Lord Kunos himself said the automatic process is not foolproof so holding shift is always a good practice and not really a burden.
Ahhh...
Based on @X90 's question, I wonder if CSP grew a function somewhere along the line to attempt to force/automate/trigger that behaviour? (which may or may not be afflicted with the same hit-miss curse, because it calls the same not foolproof function)
Oh well, as you say, not a burden.

Cheers Jody :cheers:

If anyone is having a problem setting up or editing their custom championships (where the details or changes are not saved correctly), open up the two related JSON files for the championship in Notepad++ while you're editing the championship. When you're done, go back to NP++ and say yes when it asks to "Reload" the files. Then make a final change (a space is fine) to the "Rules and Info" screen and the "Cars" screen. It will be good after that. I didn't have to do this until the last CM update. Something borked in the update. Also, if you see errant championship entries after creating a new championship, those will go away after you restart CM. Hope that helps someone.

Hopefully gets fixed in an update, but luckily there is a workaround for now. No biggie.

Last edited:
Hi jac0, nothing particular, just showroomCM 'industrial', kunos format, view angle ~8° to make the background a little bit more blurred.
Nice day, Mike.
ah, so that's without using CSP for final render then... I thought it was with CSP, but should have known (it looked too good).

I hope soon we'll have propper preview generation that represent/match in-game graphics.

HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional camera file and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

Expect an update in the future. I'm waiting on some assets from @CrisT86 , but I need to step away from the track for awhile and didn't want to hold off on releasing what i've done so far for anyone interested.

View attachment 1347451
Links been updated for both versions. The changes to the rj_hungaroringACC version are so minor that it might not be worth your time. If you are using the rj_hungaroring version, then it's probably worth it.

-- Minor config tweaks in both versions based off feedback.
-- Remade the Rebellion banner texture on the rj_hungaroring version to eliminate the Rebellion logo from getting cut off on the bridges and billboards. Not sure how I missed that all this time after so many test laps on the track. Incidentally, if you don't like my version of the Fenryr track and want to go back to the original, I would highly suggest that you keep a copy of the rj_hungaroring_gt.kn5 file. Rename it fn_hungaroring_gt.kn5 and use it on the Fenryr version. That way you get the fixed Rebellion logos for the original track.
-- Turned the pit exit lights on for the rj_hungaroring version.

Last edited:
Finishing "100 years of History", for the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1974, trying to make an approximate "BoP" for the time. Both me driving (and with "AI" times similar to mine). I think it was satisfactory. Next step 24 hours of Le Mans 1975 (new cars and adjustments).
Everyone knows that the Autodelta Team didn't actually participate in the race (it was registered), so I decided to put it into practice and use the cars to make the necessary adjustments.
MATRA MS670 - Simca ( Pescarolo / Larroussse )

ALFA ROMEO 33TT12 ( Merzario / Ickx )

MIRAGE GR7 - Ford

Taking advantage of the moment, could anyone tell me how to remove this pink tint (from the Mirage's headlights)?

Hi, is the Mirage GR7 not available yet?

re: sidelines

No they have never loaded automagically, you always need to press and hold SHIFT on loading to sync (you may release SHIFT after it starts loading)

As a matter of fact, the troubles you are experiencing trying to load previous sidelines with new AI is easily solved.

Q: after making a new AI, previous sidelines will not sync?
A: simply load the sidelines in notepad, delete the last line (its a new line) and then put it back. This effectivly changes the date of the sideline files.
Now you can sync the new AI
(AI will only sync with sidelines of a newer filedate than fast_lane.ai)

There may be a second way, by creating a new pit may also allow syncing (untested)

re: sidelines

No they have never loaded automagically, you always need to press and hold SHIFT on loading to sync (you may release SHIFT after it starts loading)

As a matter of fact, the troubles you are experiencing trying to load previous sidelines with new AI is easily solved.

Q: after making a new AI, previous sidelines will not sync?
A: simply load the sidelines in notepad, delete the last line (its a new line) and then put it back. This effectivly changes the date of the sideline files.
Now you can sync the new AI
(AI will only sync with sidelines of a newer filedate than fast_lane.ai)

There may be a second way, by creating a new pit may also allow syncing (untested)
Based on that, I'm thinking, a good practice for me personally is to do the [shift] thing on any track I race on at least once. That sound right?

Also, so if the sidelines have a newer filedate than the fast_lane.ai, would pressing [shift] still be needed, or will it auto sync it because of the date diff?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back