Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,126 comments
Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum diligently for a long time and am absolutely fascinated by all the great topics and the competent people with all their solutions. First of all, thank you for all the contributions.

Today I actually have a question that I haven't read here yet. But maybe just overlooked.

When I watch a replay of a race - with an external camera - some cars
headlights and the LED panel on the windshield only come on, when the camera feels like it is only 10-15 m away from the car - so further away, everything is over.
For example, in the URD Ferrari 296 GT3 (I like to buy those from URD, RSS and VRC) it is the LED panel.
This is not the case with other cars.
Does anyone know the reason for this and how to stop it?
I think it must be the car's ext_config.ini - but I just don't know.

Sorry for my bad english - i'm old and from Bavaria.....:-)

thx - Rob

Hi,

They're not part of the low poly LODs, that's why. Model usually switch to LOD B around the recommended 15m distance.

Probably a way to alter this with extension, I'd say. Dunno how, tho.
in Settings - Custom Shaders Patch - Graphics Adjustments
there you can increase "Multiplier for car LODs" from default 100% to for example 200%

then it should be visible until twice the distance (when LOD A (most detailed) remains shown... before switching to LOD B)

anyone here in contact with Whisleblower?
I have a GT3 he is the author of, there is an issue with the safety net.
Screenshot_mclaren_720_gt3_acc_spa_12-5-124-16-8-44.jpg

The car is a McLaren 720S GT3 2019
It looks fine in showroom, only shows in game/on track.

Last edited:
Last edited:
To fix the 720s open the ext_config.ini and replace this section:
That worked, thank you.
Here you go
Thank you for the link, amazing.

This thread, but particularly the people in this thread are a bottomless resource of informations. It took all of a few minutes for my obscure issue question to be resolved.
Yes, some time, AC, with all the content and feature available can be a little intimidating, but this place, more than making those content and feature available, is also a priceless source of support.
I visit here every day and today, you people, still surprised me with your kindness and efficiency.
Long leave AC and long live this thread.

hi ,

I disabled the CSP weather FX altogether, since that solves for me microstutters (Application Frame Drops)...

anyone knows how to counter that the image turns too dark on some car mods (on others too bright)?
I am referring to the simulation of iris closing when bright sunlight enters the eye...
I thought it to do with the auto exposure in PP (but turning that off in a PP filter does not stop this effect).

For example on the marvelous Formula RSS 1986 V6 , the world just gets too dark after a couple of seconds... when I switch from cockpit view to chase view, or look down for a few seconds, the image becomes brighter (and when I look forward it becomes darker again).

When I turn off PP the issue is also no longer there, but I want to solve it with PP on (as for other mods I like to be able to see the brake lights).
I hope you know what I mean from this explanation, and hope someone knows what is the good fix to keep the PP from darkening the image.

Thanks!

NPP
ok, quick update. I softened rear dampers and springs by one click, lowered brake power to 96% and moved brake balance one or two clicks forward (56 I think) and now I'm reasonably happy. I can do mid-2:39s at Spa (with clutch and H-shifter), not sure whether that's a reasonable time or just crap. AI do 2:37s so there's some catching up to do.
Thanks for this. Made it through 15 laps at lilski NJ Lightning without feeling the need to pit & change something. Went from Best Offroader to Remarkable Progress; I'll take it.

VRC version (CSP, didn't try the vanilla yet) has the worst headlights though... insufficient for night driving.
Was dealing with the same issue.
If you change following items in ext_config.ini, it will be better:

[LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_0]
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 30
POSITION=0, 0.35, 2
DIRECTION=0.0,-0.12,1
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.8
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=400
FADE_FAKE_SHADOW=0
FADE_SMOOTH=60
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
MIRROR=0.85
MIRROR_DIRECTION=0
RANGE=300
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0
SPOT=40
Happy to report that the headlights were corrected in the updated v 1.1 and are as good as any... ;)

there you can increase "Multiplier for car LODs" from default 100% to for example 200%

then it should be visible until twice the distance (when LOD A (most detailed) remains shown... before switching to LOD B)
I was thinking of keeping the Lights from the leds visible even in LOD B via the extension. Otherwise yes you can just force-apply the LOD A for longer distances (or manage all this manually in the data, it's pretty easy, if unencrypted)

Exists somewhere an updated version with extension/rain/blablabla/allyoucanget/and so on from Sveg Raceway?

Think i have the v1.21 version or is this the latest updated version?

Last edited:

Hi jac0 - thanks for the info. I'll test it out tomorrow. thanks again !

Rob

I think 1.21 is the correct latest version. Also highly recommend the WEC billboards on Breathe's list.
Hi all, I've got another update for Zandvoort 2023. This will probably be the last one for a little while, unless some issue comes up that requires fixing. This update involves:

• LED flag boards now in the correct positions (as of 2023)
  • Thanks to @Fanapryde added sections.ini and logo
  • Thanks to @Masscot fixed some z fighting in ad boards
  • Thanks to @racinjoe013 added complete new lights around the track
  • Fixed gravel verges that weren't quite aligned
  • Fixed shaders in various objects
  • Fixed floating foliage

Thanks all for the help and the reviews, I appreciate it a lot!

Download here

View attachment 1320876
My memory is deceiving me - did this ever get an AI update? Both @Rainmaker87 and @G_Parrilla did a great job with Zandvoort 2014 and 2020, but this excellent version with the modern banking still has AI crashing all over the place (just like the GTP 2020 before Parri got to it).

My league is holding an F3 event here this week and I'd like to practice offline with AI. I feel like I saw it somewhere in the thread but forgot about it.

Last edited:
We, the hoarders, never will be understanded. And I understand why: we spend so much time on our throne that we barely change our clothes nor shave, smell bad and look at others with a mixture of distrust and disgust (as Fry in his famous meme) when they tell us "Damn, get up from the cockpit, it's dinner time!" We are the pariahs of simracing...

By the way, I'm one of those hoarders who tries each and every mod I download, at least for a couple of laps, to see if they're worth saving, although I'm not too picky either: 2TB of storage on a PC dedicated on exclusive to Assetto Corsa allow me to store some garbage without it being a serious problem.

On some occasions I have already commented that my idea is to have the most complete possible Assetto Corsa so that when in the future we being isolated by a zombie epidemic, I be able to play without rest, comfortably sitting waiting for the end of the world.

1602 cars, 889 tracks and sloooowly ascending.
Perico, I'm totally onboard with your suggestion that a big AC car and track mod library is required for proper survival of the zombie apocalypse. 'Get 'em while you can' is my motto! Even if you don't drive things (or drive on things) now... who knows what you might get out of the garage in the future?

And by the way, I also get a regular laugh out of your good humour. The world is way too full of grumpy, aggressive and sad people, so your light-hearted commentary is something I always appreciate! 😁

Last edited:
... Long leave AC and long live this thread.
Yeah Baby.jpg

Perico, I'm totally onboard with your suggestion that a big AC car and track mod library is required for proper survival of the zombie apocalypse. 'Get 'em while you can' is my motto! Even if you don't drive things (or drive on things) now... who knows what you might get out of the garage in the future?...
Yeah Baby.jpg

... And by the way, I also get a regular laugh out of your good humour. The world is way too full of grumpy, aggressive and sad people, so your light-hearted commentary is something I always appreciate! 😁
Screenshot_20240330_190831_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know why but RTT or Rock the Track Studio , just stinks Simdream all over.
to the exact wording of the car descriptions to the 3d models…

so be aware that these may be scammy .

If you follow the scene closely you will find alot of evidences that they are SDD. Even their release strategy matches 100% (Ferrari was free, all other paid), next to the same behavior when it comes to paid content, or even the item descriptions do match to SDD.
yeah i thought the same... the descriptions all match their previous sim dream marketing stuff. Glad its not only me noticing this.
also the youtube videos do look exactly like simdream haha .. nice try !

Vålerbanen
v20240512
View attachment 1354917
View attachment 1354916
View attachment 1354915

Here´s a new updated version of Vålerbanen.
Originally converted from @GzeroD
Config from @GzeroD, @CrisT86 & @slider666 and @shi
Track logo from @Fanapryde

Latest changes from @shi:
-Added 3D terrain
-Added camera_facing crowds
-Updated flags
-Updated VAO-patch

Testing and support from @Breathe, Titi, @twobegreen, @Masscot ...
Thanks a lot, all involved. I hope, I didn´t forgot to credit anyone. :)

Enjoy!
Download
I will enjoy! This is my local track.
Thanks for this guys! Still hoping for a version with the other layouts but i think we would need a different source to work on :)

I'll see if i can find out how to make a updated Skin for it to change out the 15 year old ads around the track
Just tested it (great work as always @slider666) but @saXXXon please wait a while. I'm updating some things that looks horrible to me (i learnt a lot since i did most of this config) and i'm replacing also the timing panel with working one if you want. I hope to have everything ready for the next week :)

WIP quick previewView attachment 1354934View attachment 1354935View attachment 1354936
The track is literally in my neighborhood, but I never visit it. Seriously, I can take my bicycle and go there. But I never do. Does that make me a bad person?

I'm going to Singapore GP in September, though. Does that make up for me never visiting my local track?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back