August update Predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 420 comments
It wouldn't surprise me, but it may not be as lazy as you think. There were two versions of the Mangusta - the European model with the 289 c.i. V8 that we have in the game (available 1967-1971, with the in-game a 1969), and the North American model with a lower-power/lower-revving 302 c.i. V8 (available in the 1968-1971 model years).
You're a genius! Maybe the Dior Mangusta is based on the North American model?

The Magic Egg-Ball™ says:
  • At least 2/3rds of the cars in Hagerty's will see a price increase, including the two "trophy" cars that weren't jacked up in May (the Ford Mark IV was jacked up in May, and it's possible it will be jacked up again) and the Escudo (it got an up-arrow in its second appearance), while there will be zero price decreases (May saw 37 of 62 cars increase, and 2 decrease)
  • Related to that, at least 2 cars will be over 20,000,000 Cr. (my guesses are the Porsche 917K, which has been passed over in the rotation as of 8/12, possibly by the Escudo, and the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe)
  • In addition to the Dior Mangusta (which will be at a premium over the "stock" one), there will be a Toyota/Lexus in Brand Central and either another Hagerty's or a UCD car (more likely Hagerty's given the UCD has been a mess since the 1.15 update). It is possible that the Dior Mangusta won't be an entirely-separate model; the "base" Mangusta has also been passed over in the rotation (as of 8/12). In that case, the 3 new cars will be a Toyota/Lexus in Brand Central, a Hagerty's car, and either another Hagerty's or UCD car.
  • A real-world track (sadly, not Road America)
  • A cafe item related to Dior (most likely an extra-menu collection)
  • A second extra-menu collection requiring at least 1 UCD car that won't be available for a couple weeks
  • 3 extra Menu Books (a 1970's road car-based one, an 86/BRZ fest, and a Gr.2, either specific or a general 850-PP limit) with the "best"-paying races worth less than 800,000 Cr./hour
  • Some new scapes, a couple new engines, a couple new swap opportunities for existing engines
Stop being logical! I don't know if I can last much longer if they don't release some april style grind races.

I don't see the 20M credit cap ever being broken by a car. If it were, the 250 GTO would have to lead the way and it'd be priced at something like 50-60M, which would be suicidal with the current economy.

I don't see the 20M credit cap ever being broken by a car. If it were, the 250 GTO would have to lead the way and it'd be priced at something like 50-60M, which would be suicidal with the current economy.
Unless we would finally be able to sell our cars at market value, ... only then GT7 could simulate reality.

Going off previous updates, there should be one early in the month for fixes and little changes. The real one would be closer to the end and have 3 cars with new events, possibly a new circuit.

Unless we would finally be able to sell our cars at market value, ... only then GT7 could simulate reality.
For most people selling won't even mean that much since you'll have to keep one of every car and prize cars will be worth 0.

Last edited:
3 extra Menu Books (a 1970's road car-based one, an 86/BRZ fest, and a Gr.2, either specific or a general 850-PP limit) with the "best"-paying races worth less than 800,000 Cr./hour
There was a 86 menu book in the Brembo trailer, by the way...

For most people selling won't even mean that much since you'll have to keep one of every car and prize cars will be worth 0.
Could be ... but it still would mean that when you win a prize car you'd be able to sell the older car you bought earlier. You'd also be able to sell a car with an unreversable transformation you do not like if you buy a new original one.

They have the exclusive license to Pikes Peak and it's still omitted. I wouldn't just assume any issues are down to licensing when they don't even include things we know they have the license for.
This looks like the same thing that happened in GTSport. Game comes out with only some tracks and cars completely rendered and in game. And the tracks and cars being still worked on come out as dlc during the game's life cycle.
Spa, le mans, autopolis, monza, calalunya, fuji, goodwood, red bull and laguna seca were all dlc tracks in gtsport.
Gt7 is folowing the same pattern as it comes out only with all gtsport tracks plus daytona, high speed ring, trial mountain and deep forest. And sometime later they start putting dlc tracks like watkins glen in game.
They probably have a ton of licences for tracks and cars, and as they finish rendering them, the cars and tracks go in game.

This looks like the same thing that happened in GTSport. Game comes out with only some tracks and cars completely rendered and in game. And the tracks and cars being still worked on come out as dlc during the game's life cycle.
Spa, le mans, autopolis, monza, calalunya, fuji, goodwood, red bull and laguna seca were all dlc tracks in gtsport.
Gt7 is folowing the same pattern as it comes out only with all gtsport tracks plus daytona, high speed ring, trial mountain and deep forest. And sometime later they start putting dlc tracks like watkins glen in game.
They probably have a ton of licences for tracks and cars, and as they finish rendering them, the cars and tracks go in game.
Well, Pikes Peak was back in PS1 era in Gran Turismo 2. Later to be found in Gran Turismo 5 files and was actually playable in somewhat weird state, where it would only work with splitscreen mode and textures are just as if not present at all pretty much. So it's been like around 12 years since GT5 came out...where is Pikes Peak?

Hm... Lag fix and the lobbies and everything works perfectly well? I'd be happy with that.

When can we sell cars? :banghead:
Even if we can finally sell cars, I doubt they will allow us to sell the gifted ones, at least that's how it worked in GT Sport. Hope I'm wrong though!

Well, Pikes Peak was back in PS1 era in Gran Turismo 2. Later to be found in Gran Turismo 5 files and was actually playable in somewhat weird state, where it would only work with splitscreen mode and textures are just as if not present at all pretty much. So it's been like around 12 years since GT5 came out...where is Pikes Peak?
Dunno. Probably, at the time, they chose another track to put in game instead. Maybe they werent satisfied with it, and scraped it. Who knows.

Given the next update is expected on August 25th. We should get silhouettes sometime Friday/Saturday.

There’s still a TBD track for August 28th for the Toyota GR Cup. The track location listing doesn’t differentiate track configurations. So maybe an all new location?

Given the next update is expected on August 25th. We should get silhouettes sometime Friday/Saturday.

There’s still a TBD track for August 28th for the Toyota GR Cup. The track location listing doesn’t differentiate track configurations. So maybe an all new location?

It's Sardegna - Windmills.

Still 2 TBD events for Nations Cup though.

When can we sell cars? :banghead:
You want to get rid of all your Honda's ? :lol:

• The Moon
  • A Stick
  • Dior Tomaso Mangusta
  • Various other issues have been addressed
Don't you mean A Moon and The Stig? ;)
1660570958512.png

Nope:

Thanks.

We know there are two TBD Nations Cup events - Sept 2nd & 17th. So the point still stands. A decent chance at least one is track related.

Be it a new track or cars. They’ll very likely be in the August 25th update.

Last edited:
Why do people assume that gift cars won't be sellable just because they were not in Sport?

This comparison makes no sense whatsoever... given that:

GT Sport was not a single player game.
GT Sport did not have upgradable tuning parts and other economy related things.
GT Sport could gift you ALL the cars without you ever even wasting credits at all if you were lucky (I got 2 of the 20 million cars back then via the roulette) because the daily mileage would gift you a guaranteed car.

GT Sport was basically a prologue and a game to keep the playerbase entertained until the real release of GT7. The credits were just there to make the more casual players feel like they were playing classic GT, but it was anything but.

You even had a DLC in GT Sport where you could get a total of 120+ million credits just for giggles.

I don't mean to doubt this won't happen, this is PD after all, after so many dumbass decisions, this would just be one more to add to the list, but nothing is confirmed and yet some posters here are replying to others who are talking about the topic, saying as if it's a fact, that gift cars are not going to be sellable. Unless someone from PD told you...

EDIT: If anything, PD going out of their way to make offline events for GT Sport, probably held GT7 back... I mean, how else can you explain that GT7 released with WAY LESS events than GT Sport at the end of its life cycle? It was clear GT Sport was supposed to be an online focus game, and PD just added offline content to please the lot of people that were complaining that the game didn't have a campaign... when it wasn't supposed to have one at all.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back