August update Predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 420 comments
4 new cars instead of 3 (1 will be the Dior themed car).
a 5% discount code for Dior’s website when you spend more than $100 in MTX in the month of August.
6 (!) new track variations/events for existing tracks.
the ability to select certain songs to not be played.
random minor UI changes that will leave us all scratching our heads wondering why they spent time/effort on this.
various bug fixes, 1 of which will introduce a new bug or glitch.

My Wishlist
Cars: Bugatti Chiron, bugatti eb110, maserati mc12, porsche 959, mercedes 190e touring car, lamborghini sesto elemento, honda castrol nsx, Lexus LFA, Jaguar xj220, Corvette c8, catheram seven, delta s4, toyota minolta, toyota gt one, nissan gt390, nissan r89c, bentley speed 8, mclaren senna, renault 5 turbo rally, lotus coming back, more gr2 cars.

Tracks: Grand valley, autumn ring, cote d azur, circuit of the americas, hockenheim, a remade midfield raceway, a remade apricot hill, autódromo algarve (even tough I read in some post here that the new track is gonna be autodromo capuava from brazil), new fictional tracks

A set of new missions like human comedy

Circuit experience for rest of the track variations.

Improvements to the penalty system.

Ability to sell duplicate cars. Maybe and auction house like forza.

Massivelly improve the ridiculous brand invite ticket system. Or take it away from the game entirely.

Already in there.
Guess I needed to be more specific here…the ability to select certain songs to not be played anywhere. What you’re referring to only allows us to change the BGM in race track list and doesn’t affect the music played in other areas of the game such as world map, GT Auto etc. Unless there is a different way to do that I can’t find.

Predictions based on what we've seen so far.

3 new cars - and yes, one of them will be the Mangusta:

• De Tomaso Mangusta Dior Edition '69
  • Audi R8 V10 Plus '16/Aston Martin Vantage '18 (both seen in that weird Brazil video, and both in the datamines)
  • Lexus LFA '10 (seen very openly in some of the Tomica scapes, as well as a major fanservice car in the datamines)

One new track, confirming the release of a new track/variant every other month:

- Apricot Hill/Grand Valley Speedway (either would be a huge return, and would most likely be located in Japan for the final round of the Gazoo Cup)

Other content and features:

- 3 new bonus menu books: Classic Road Cars, Historic Race Cars, Super GT (along with adding Gr. 2 chilli events)

- Ability to sell cars (finally, although I can see PD stopping you from making money off of gift cars as a little caveat)

Last edited:
Put it this way, the GR Yaris being the car of choice for the GR CUP. I'd think the car would be used in a small track. If not just a small track, a hybrid to showcase it's off-road capabilities.

Tahiti Maze, Autumn Ring and El Capitan come to mind. Bringing back classic circuits, two with hybrid road/dirt layouts and one short circuit with many corners. Right or wrong. That's my internal bet.

Or Motor Sports Land I or II.

----

It would be nice if PD did the following:

- Create another area within the GT7 World Map and allocate it to the GT League. There, would be those old and classic championships of the GT franchise. Championships that are in the Circuits icon/session could be transferred there.

- The Circuits session would continue like this, with each circuit having its own events, just like in real life.

- PD could add the option for you to change the resort. There would be three or four options, each with its specific circuit for us to use as a test circuit and match racing. We would choose the circuit:

• Magarigawa Club (Asia)
  • Bilster Berg (Europe)
  • Atlanta Motorsports Park (North America)
  • Autodromo Velocittá (South America)

Last edited:
1. Updates Mai - Jun - Jul featured a car that won an award. Aug: Isn't the last remaining award car the '70 Ferrari 512?
2. Updates Apr - Mai - Jun - Jul featured an important race car. Apr: first GT300 in GT7, Mai: first LMH in GT series, Jun: legendary Escudo, Jul: only Group 5 in GT series, Aug contender: maybe the '00 Castrol NSX GT500?
3. could be anything imo, but probably a road car, 50% chance Japanese, 50% chance non-Japanese

... Isn't the last remaining award car the '70 Ferrari 512?...
We are waiting on the 2018 Pebble Beach winner, in the beautiful AAR Eagle Indycar 1966 driven by Dan Gurney.

i1H9VqWn5T0ROC.jpg

Last edited:
Cape Ring with one of the cars being the GT-R Nismo 2018 is my guess... they seem to love adding Gr3 eligible cars lately and there's three missing track slots in both the Nations and 1 slot in GR Cup unfilled track-wise

Last edited:
We are waiting on the 2018 Pebble Beach winner, in the beautiful AAR Eagle Indycar 1966 driven by Dan Gurney.

View attachment 1181385
Looking at the full list, we are still missing the following Pebble Beach Councours Gran Turismo Award winners:

2015: Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster ’52
2018: AAR Eagle Indy Car ’66
2021: Ferrari 512 S Berlinetta ’69

We're also still waiting on these SEMA Gran Turismo Award winners:
Some of these were in older GT games but nonetheless wouldn't be surprising additions.

These threads really are quite pointless. Everyone is following the same formula, randomly pick three cars from the datamined cars list + either an old original track or a datamined track.
Is there a legit thread for datamined tracks?

I don’t think there is one for tracks, just cars, could be wrong though. However there has been consistent mention/rumors of classic GT tracks being brought back since the game was still in pre-launch development. Also someone reportedly found somewhere Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen in dev files that I saw, but I hardly count 2 tracks as a data mined list of tracks. It’s nothing extensive like the car list.

The data mined car list has been relatively accurate and they are slowly being implemented into the game from that list. PD has been rather consistent with their formula for monthly updates where the main focuses of content are new cars, new variants of tracks or events for tracks and usually new cafe menus and/or extra menu books. There are occasionally other things in addition to those, but those are consistently the main content additions in updates.

I would be quite surprised if PD added Apricot Hill. If you look at the layout of Kyoto/Yamagiwa and compare it with old Apricot Hill, you might see why.

I would be quite surprised if PD added Apricot Hill. If you look at the layout of Kyoto/Yamagiwa and compare it with old Apricot Hill, you might see why.
I think Apricot will come back eventually just because of its legacy, but I do agree that Kyoto scratches the itch that Apricot left behind.

I would prefer to see the likes of Grand Valley or Midfield before it.

I think Apricot will come back eventually just because of its legacy, but I do agree that Kyoto scratches the itch that Apricot left behind.

I would prefer to see the likes of Grand Valley or Midfield before it.
I mean it quite literally. When I first saw the layout of Yamagiwa, I thought: This looks familiar. Just couldn't pinpoint it.
Then I compared the layouts. I think that PD has taken some sectors of Apricot Hill and combined them in a different order, together with some new sectors. The elevation changes are different, though.

I still would like the classic Apricot Hill to be back. It was my favourite original track in earlier GT versions.

Updated after checking 1.18

autopolis_international
autopolis_short
brandshatch
brandshatch_indy
catalunya_GP
catalunya_national
catalunya_rallycross
daytona_roadcourse
daytona_tri_oval
deepforest
dragontrail_02
drivingPark_01
drivingPark_02
drivingPark_03
drivingPark_04
eifel_01
eifel_01_short
fuji
fuji_gt
goodwood_circuit
grandvalley
grandvalley_east
highspeedring
interlagos_GP
laguna
monza
monza_no_chicane
mount_panorama
nurburgring_24h
nurburgring_GP
nurburgring_endurance
nurburgring_nord
nurburgring_sprint
nurburgring_tourist
oval_01
oval_01_infield
oval_02
oval_02_infield_A
oval_02_infield_B
oval_03
permanent_01
permanent_02
permanent_02_east
permanent_02_short
permanent_02_west
redbullring
redbullring_short
redrockvalley
road_atlanta
routex_oval
routex_oval_1000
routex_oval_400
sainte_croix_A
sainte_croix_B
sainte_croix_C
sardegna_road_A
sardegna_road_B
sardegna_road_C
sarthe
sarthe_old
snow_oval
spa
suzuka
suzuka_east
tokyo_expwy_01
tokyo_expwy_01_inner
tokyo_expwy_02
tokyo_expwy_02_inner
tokyo_expwy_03
tokyo_expwy_03_inner
trialmountain
tsukuba
watkins_glen_long
watkins_glen_short
wilderness_01
wilderness_02_Layout01
wilderness_02_Layout02
wilderness_03_Layout01
wilderness_03_Layout02
wls_big_willow
wls_horse_thief_mile
wls_streets

Last edited:
autopolis_international
autopolis_short
brandshatch
brandshatch_indy
catalunya_GP
catalunya_national
catalunya_rallycross
daytona_roadcourse
daytona_tri_oval
deepforest
dragontrail_02
drivingPark_01
drivingPark_02
drivingPark_03
drivingPark_04
eifel_01
eifel_01_short
fuji
fuji_gt
goodwood_circuit
highspeedring
interlagos_GP
laguna
monza
monza_no_chicane
mount_panorama
nurburgring_24h
nurburgring_GP
nurburgring_endurance
nurburgring_nord
nurburgring_sprint
nurburgring_tourist
oval_01
oval_01_infield
oval_02
oval_02_infield_A
oval_02_infield_B
oval_03
permanent_01
permanent_02
permanent_02_east
permanent_02_short
permanent_02_west
redbullring
redbullring_short
road_atlanta
routex_oval
routex_oval_1000
routex_oval_400
sainte_croix_A
sainte_croix_B
sainte_croix_C
sardegna_road_A
sardegna_road_B
sardegna_road_C
sarthe
sarthe_old
spa
suzuka
suzuka_east
tokyo_expwy_01
tokyo_expwy_01_inner
tokyo_expwy_02
tokyo_expwy_02_inner
tokyo_expwy_03
tokyo_expwy_03_inner
trialmountain
tsukuba
watkins_glen_long
watkins_glen_short
wilderness_01
wilderness_02_Layout01
wilderness_02_Layout02
wilderness_03_Layout01
wilderness_03_Layout02
wls_big_willow
wls_horse_thief_mile
wls_streets
Where did you get this from? It definitely has a few interesting inclusions. But there’s no Alsace or Maggiore on here so I have my doubts…

Where did you get this from? It definitely has a few interesting inclusions. But there’s no Alsace or Maggiore on here so I have my doubts…
If I'm not mistaken:

Alsace is eifel_01
Maggiore is permanent_02
Kyoto is drivingPark (3 layouts + the unused square of asphalt on the side of the track)
Dragon Trail Seaside is permanent_01 (gardens is marked as dragontrail)
The dirt circuits are wilderness_xx
The fictional ovals are oval_xx

That only leaves Road Atlanta and alternate Barcelona and Nurburgring layouts as new

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken:

Alsace is eifel_01
Maggiore is permanent_02
Kyoto is drivingPark (3 layouts + the unused square of asphalt on the side of the track)
Dragon Trail Seaside is permanent_01 (gardens is marked as dragontrail)
The dirt circuits are wilderness_xx
The fictional ovals are oval_xx

That only leaves Road Atlanta and alternate Barcelona and Nurburgring layouts as new
Has any track shown up out of the blue? Have PD taken steps to hide upcoming content?

Before the years out it’s not unreasonable to expect another 2-3 all new tracks. Road Atlanta aside, that would mean tracks not yet datamined.

I would also think PD will do their best to keep secret any major update or (potentially) paid DLC. Watkins Glen scapes where datamined before the track was released. We’ve seen the odd Pikes Peak PR shot that looks suspiciously like an in-game/photomode GT7 asset.

Back