August update Predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 420 comments
If I'm not mistaken:

Alsace is eifel_01
Maggiore is permanent_02
Kyoto is drivingPark (3 layouts + the unused square of asphalt on the side of the track)
Dragon Trail Seaside is permanent_01 (gardens is marked as dragontrail)
The dirt circuits are wilderness_xx
The fictional ovals are oval_xx

That only leaves Road Atlanta and alternate Barcelona and Nurburgring layouts as new
Finally got around to look at 1.18 and a few more:

grandvalley
grandvalley_east
redrockvalley
snow_oval

Last edited:
Finally implement the ability to sell cars. But it will be screwed up somehow, like you sell the car for 10% of the value when buying -- Then after major backlash, PD will fixt it as they did with the rewards for events and races
The game will receive a major performance boost and fixes -- Maybe lobbies will be as stable as they were in GTS
Another classic track added, maybe Apricot Hill

Finally got around to look at 1.18 and a few more:

grandvalley
grandvalley_east
redrockvalley
snow_oval
You would think the next all new (or returning) track will be a GT original. Then again they may save that for the GTWS final in November.

Last edited:
If Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Road Atlanta are really the three most likely tracks to be added this month, I really hope it's either Grand Valley or Red Rock Valley. I say that not because I dislike Road Atlanta, but because Polyphony could alternate between real and fictional tracks, as the last one added was Watkins Glen. This should be fair for people that are thirsty for the return of the classic originals, like me.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised that literally nobody got my point across besides spouting meaningless immature reactions - none of this is new. Most if not all of these are old tests from GTS, and these aren't "added in 1.18" or whatever - one version late because it's the latest pirated version that's available around that this person could gather. They do not have access to proper game files and thus dug these strings up through memory editing/viewing.

Nothing new to the table here, these strings have been present in other places in the base version, and again, GTS, just as test entries.

If you're "leaking" things maybe at least do it properly. But not really surprised by the lack of knowledge there.

Last edited:
Just so people have an ideia what to expect if the tracks go live:
Road atlanta
1200px-Road_Atlanta_track_map.svg.png

Grand valley
500px-Grand_Valley_Speedway_track_map.png

Red rock valley
Red_rock_valley_165x168.gif

Last edited:
The Magic Egg-Ball™ says:
  • At least 2/3rds of the cars in Hagerty's will see a price increase, including the two "trophy" cars that weren't jacked up in May (the Ford Mark IV was jacked up in May, and it's possible it will be jacked up again) and the Escudo (it got an up-arrow in its second appearance), while there will be zero price decreases (May saw 37 of 62 cars increase, and 2 decrease)
  • Related to that, at least 2 cars will be over 20,000,000 Cr. (my guesses are the Porsche 917K, which has been passed over in the rotation as of 8/12, possibly by the Escudo, and the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe)...er, scratch the 917K from that, as it showed up in Hagerty's 8/16.
  • In addition to the Dior Mangusta (which will be at a premium over the "stock" one), there will be a Toyota/Lexus in Brand Central and either another Hagerty's or a UCD car (more likely Hagerty's given the UCD has been a mess since the 1.15 update). It is possible that the Dior Mangusta won't be an entirely-separate model; the "base" Mangusta has also been passed over in the rotation (as of 8/12). In that case, the 3 new cars will be a Toyota/Lexus in Brand Central, a Hagerty's car, and either another Hagerty's or UCD car (more likely another Hagerty's). The "base" Mangusta showed up in Hagerty's 8/17.
  • A real-world track (sadly, not Road America)
  • A cafe item related to Dior (most likely an extra-menu collection)
  • A second extra-menu collection requiring at least 1 UCD car that won't be available for a couple weeks
  • 3 extra Menu Books (a 1970's, or '60s if that's the vintage of the Dior Mangusta, road car-based one, an 86/BRZ fest, and a Gr.2, either specific or a general 850-PP limit) with the "best"-paying races worth less than 800,000 Cr./hour
  • Some new scapes, a couple new engines, a couple new swap opportunities for existing engines
Edit - with the GTWC mystery track announced as an existing track, I took out the track prediction. Also, I modified the decade Menu Book prediction to whatever vintage the Dior Mangusta is.

Edit 2 - The first over-20,000,000 Cr. car (likely) won't be the 917K as it showed up in Hagerty's on 8/16 with no arrow. The Mangusta, however, still hasn't shown up, and it is rather overdue.

Edit 3 - The Dior Mangusta is almost certainly going to be a fully-separate model as the current "base" Mangusta returned to Hagerty's on 8/17. This is also a reminder that the current Mangusta is the European-spec model with the 289-c.i. V8, while the ones sent to the US had a 302-c.i. V8.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised that literally nobody got my point across besides spouting meaningless immature reactions - none of this is new. Most if not all of these are old tests from GTS, and these aren't "added in 1.18" or whatever - one version late because it's the latest pirated version that's available around that this person could gather. They do not have access to proper game files and thus dug these strings up through memory editing/viewing.

Nothing new to the table here, these strings have been present in other places in the base version, and again, GTS, just as test entries.

If you're "leaking" things maybe at least do it properly. But not really surprised by the lack of knowledge there.
I read on other forum that using IDApro to check executable (it was one patch before latest) road atlanta first apear and similarly watkins glen was visable in executable 2 updates before release. Also Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley, Road Atlanta in rt2 strings file are included in the track section. Does it make sense ?

Last edited:
If Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Road Atlanta are really the three most likely tracks to be added this month, I really hope it's either Grand Valley or Red Rock Valley. I say that not because I dislike Road Atlanta, but because Polyphony could alternate between real and fictional tracks, as the last one added was Watkins Glen. This should be fair for people that are thirsty for the return of the classic originals, like me.
Plus they've added Watkins Glen at time where IMSA was racing, so following that pattern they'll add Road Atlanta around October

Apparently the Dior Mangusta will be a separate car and not a simple livery, if PD makes that the 3rd car instead of adding it on top of the typical 3 then that would be very lazy of them to do as people have already recreated the livery + the car is already ingame.

Red rock valley dan grand valley speedway no gt7 is Road Atlanta yes gran turismo 7 and imsa

Gran turismo 7 partnership IMSA

Last edited by a moderator:
I also predict that both Dior and IMSA will be featured in Brand Central as partner brands with no cars (similar to FIA, Brembo, Michelin, BBS, etc.)

Apparently the Dior Mangusta will be a separate car and not a simple livery, if PD makes that the 3rd car instead of adding it on top of the typical 3 then that would be very lazy of them to do as people have already recreated the livery + the car is already ingame.
It wouldn't surprise me, but it may not be as lazy as you think. There were two versions of the Mangusta - the European model with the 289 c.i. V8 that we have in the game (available 1967-1971, with the in-game a 1969), and the North American model with a lower-power/lower-revving 302 c.i. V8 (available in the 1968-1971 model years).

Last edited:
snc
using IDApro to check executable (it was one patch before latest) road atlanta first apear
Similar to memory viewing; they're just exact database leftovers from GTS (and not even actually related to a track definition), not actually present in even any sort of game data (i'm the only person who properly does have access to those).
snc
Also Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley, Road Atlanta in rt2 strings file are included in the track section. Does it make sense ?
Same there, assuming 1.00 as that's the only publicly accessible version. Hell there are even most of GT5-6's tracks as leftovers in that exact place.

Last edited:
Similar to memory viewing; they're just exact database leftovers from GTS (and not even actually related to a track definition), not actually present in even any sort of game data (i'm the only person who properly does have access to those).

Same there, assuming 1.00 as that's the only publicly accessible version. Hell there are even most of GT5-6's tracks as leftovers in that exact place.
At this point I expect most of the famous GT original tracks to return. The timeframe is another matter.

I’m pretty bemused about what happened to Silverstone. Is it another contract issue like Spa? Other, all new, real world tracks would be interesting to hear about. So many rumours down the years about Road Atlanta, Road America, Oulton Park, Melbourne, Shanghai, Montreal. But the only solid details seemed to be around Watkins Glen.

Back