Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Didn't see the data mine in August did ya then? ;) (trying to dig up the pic)
No, but then i dont know what that is, presumably a file showing how much data is in the game. The campaign is always the selling point for me........Does it look like a big campaign mode ?

No, but then i dont know what that is, presumably a file showing how much data is in the game. The campaign is always the selling point for me........Does it look like a big campaign mode ?
Somebody dug up the game files and revealed all the weapons, campaign missions and other things. JackFrags had a video about it and I'll try and dig through to find the link to it. But there seemed to be a decent campaign that told multiple storylines along with special one offs at the end or something. It was much more than BF4 I remember that much.

Somebody dug up the game files and revealed all the weapons, campaign missions and other things. JackFrags had a video about it and I'll try and dig through to find the link to it. But there seemed to be a decent campaign that told multiple storylines along with special one offs at the end or something. It was much more than BF4 I remember that much.
it looks good, i think il go for it, bf4 was really short so it put me off a bit.

With less than a week to go before release, I'm happy to report that based off of Levelcap's videos that there are proper aircraft for each side! :D Allies get the Spad, whilst the Central Powers get the tri-plane! :D If only they'd have done this for tanks, but oh well. :P Also loving the camos for the vehicles, and very much loving that all the bolt actions can be run properly with battle sights! :D Also the new "Operations" game mode is amazing, and it should give multiplayer an amazing feeling I think. Very excited, and I think the hype is more than real.

Here's some footage for ya'll if you haven't found it already. :)

Also should be noted, Italy is one of the Allied countries in game! :D

With less than a week to go before release, I'm happy to report that based off of Levelcap's videos that there are proper aircraft for each side! :D Allies get the Spad, whilst the Central Powers get the tri-plane! :D If only they'd have done this for tanks, but oh well. :P Also loving the camos for the vehicles, and very much loving that all the bolt actions can be run properly with battle sights! :D Also the new "Operations" game mode is amazing, and it should give multiplayer an amazing feeling I think. Very excited, and I think the hype is more than real.

Here's some footage for ya'll if you haven't found it already. :)

Also should be noted, Italy is one of the Allied countries in game! :D

One thing to be noted is that you should not trust any YouTuber for an honest opinion about BF1, since EA has partnered with dozens of them to promote the game.

Dan
One thing to be noted is that you should not trust any YouTuber for an honest opinion about BF1, since EA has partnered with dozens of them to promote the game.
Well I'm not going off what they're saying, I'm watching the footage and just very excited at what I see. Based off of the combat and way things are going it all looks promising.

Well I'm not going off what they're saying, I'm watching the footage and just very excited at what I see. Based off of the combat and way things are going it all looks promising.

Yes, but Levelcap is only going to show the positive aspects of the game and edit out any flaws.

Dan
Yes, but Levelcap is only going to show the positive aspects of the game and edit out any flaws.
True true, and I understand that, but what I'm getting at is that there are certain things that are giving me hope.

Shouldn't have said anything about hype being real I'll admit, but its good to see the aircraft for each side are proper at least. Spad vs Tri-plane. :drool:

More edits: Have to say, I have not been this excited for a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, and even then I'm more excited than that even because of the era of late WWI tech (its more like Battlefield 1920 if you think about it with it appearing more post war than actual WWI but eh, love it :P ). Combined with what appears to be a campaign which will actually pull you in, and tell the tale of the "Great War".

Last edited:
Dan

And then bitch, moan, and complain about the very features he showcased with great enthusiasm, and claim they are OP because they intrude his TDM games.

Nothing more annoying than Levelcap

Are there any other modes in the game than Conquest, Domination, Operations, Rush, War Pigeons and TDM?
On the BF1 official website, there's a "check later for more" box following the above modes. Or would this be reserved for additional modes coming as DLC?

Are there any other modes in the game than Conquest, Domination, Operations, Rush, War Pigeons and TDM?
On the BF1 official website, there's a "check later for more" box following the above modes. Or would this be reserved for additional modes coming as DLC?

I'd say there will be an Air Superiority type game mode with planes only, haven't seen anything about it yet but the previous games had it. Also Hardcore mode is coming and something called Fog of War, not sure on the details of it.

The only modes I'm keen for are Conquest and Operations, but if you don't like vehicles you can stick to the smaller modes.

I liked Rush in the beta much more than in the previous BF games. So I expect to sink a lot of time into that one initially.

Simply games delivered mine on saturday, Only had chance to play 3 hours but absolutely incredible, they really nailed it, the graphics on ps4 are great, the sounds scare the hell of you sometimes, the weapons are hard to master, non of this homing in BS. Ww1 was definately the way to go, not played anything that is comparable to it, cant wait for multiplayer. Buy it !

I got the early enlister ed. on Tuesday and played for a little bit.

Being used to a game that allows you to switch between 1st and 3rd person, coming back to an exclusively FPS is proving to be somewhat of a challenge. The graphics and sounds are outstanding and immersing. The weapons are great but I gotta work on my aim and recoil balance.

Needless to say I'm pretty much meat right now. I got wrecked on campaign mode and I don't even wanna think how I'll do on MP.

A little different from what I'm used to but I'll keep working on it. My PSN ID is OZZYGT if any of you wanna team up with a noob :D.

Dan

Do you think MS is one of them? :odd:
He was given early access (6 hours a day I believe)

EDIT: Englush wurds

Do you think MS is one of them? :odd:
He was given early access (6 hours a day I believe)

Definitely not. He even said that he talks too much s*** that developers would never grant him special features. :lol:

Been playing the ultimate edition for a couple of days now and i am blown away by the campaign. So i had to grab some screenshots.

#BF1 #Battlefield1 #UltimateEdition #NvidiaGTX980TI #IntelI76700K #2K #1440p #2560x1440p #Origin #MSI #Dell2715H #IPS

If Interested in more pics then check my flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbimmer/

20161019113509_1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

20161020104631_1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Battlefield 1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

20161020111746_1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Battlefield 1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Last edited:
This game is intense and beautiful. :drool: "Operations" is the greatest game mode ever, the story snippets and basing the battles upon real events during the war is amazing, when your team captures a sector and the whistle breaks the air and the soldiers give a battle cry, you just charge in like a badass (and often people do). There's a frontline, its chaotic, enemy troops/your team retreating as the enemy pushes back/makes you fall back. Mud gets on the gun when you jump in the trenchs, gets on your uniform, even the bullets in the stripper clips. Then there's the weather, its a wildcard making it impossible sometimes for aircover to assist, making the combat turn nutty as it becomes CQB because long range is impossible. I was doing awful last night, but it was awe inspiring. :eek: The dreadnaught was the most fun, just unleashing hell on the enemy positions and watching your team rush forward, flippin' awesome! :D Disappointed there is no Springfield with iron sights, but the SMLE Infantry more than makes up for it, as well as the fact we can use a Mauser 98 with iron sights. :drool: There are some menu lag issues, and I had a few weird glitches, but its definitely one of the best quality releases they've done since Bad Company 2.

Played some of campaign, and I approve. Will get back to it tonight, its cool how they implemented a stealth system for it, makes it possible to be sneaky. Definitely love the storyline already though, hits in the feels. ;_;

One more thing...the last weapon that the medic unlocks, based upon footage I've seen...looks like the Pedersen that competed with the Garand? :odd: Its a toggle lock and everything, even looks similar.

Last edited:
The only thing I dont like is the fact that you're on third person view when riding a horse. Kinda ruin the experience.

Overall is pretty much art, and its amazing as hell.

Really liking this game. But at times when certain situations are present, in both mp and campaign, I get paralyzed when the intense firefights and explosions are every direction...I cant imagine what these guys or should I say kids went through, man!

Mp is flat out bananas. Good times except a few issues ive noticed.

1. Medic and Support classes sometimes dont throw out packs right away, seems like a bug.

2. Spawning on squad even though they are knee deep in battle, instant death. Sometimes it notifies you of being in combat.

3. Had issues with aiming down sights, sometimes my crosshairs are to the side and I can't shoot.

4. Menus are often delayed or slow and we need a longer quit time in between matches.

Most issues will be resolved over time but the medic and support not tossing supplies right away is killing me.

2. Spawning on squad even though they are knee deep in battle, instant death. Sometimes it notifies you of being in combat.

In the game's defense, you're always taking the risk of dying when you spawn on teammates. I haven't played any Battlefield games, but I thought you have the option of viewing a teammate before spawning on them to make sure they aren't near enemies.

Back