Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
I used to use that option in Bad Company 2 all the time because I didn't like spawning a mile away from people. I'd usually just spawn on a squad mate that I saw sniping from a fairly close distance to the objective and used it as a fast travel to an objective. I usually does let you see what is going on with a squad member before spawning on them, but I haven't played BF1, so I'm not sure how it works there.

Dan
In the game's defense, you're always taking the risk of dying when you spawn on teammates. I haven't played any Battlefield games, but I thought you have the option of viewing a teammate before spawning on them to make sure they aren't near enemies.
True, but it seems the warning doesn't always work. Sometimes it is just timed right so when I do spawn it just so happens that enemies are starting to shoot.

Does anybody play as a team in Operations on consoles?

True, but it seems the warning doesn't always work. Sometimes it is just timed right so when I do spawn it just so happens that enemies are starting to shoot.

Are there certain conditions where you are unable to spawn on them, like if they are being shot at? In Battlefront 2015, I'm almost never able to spawn on a partner because they are either too close to an enemy, or in combat.

Does anybody play as a team in Operations on consoles?
Too an extent, it almost forced teamwork it seemed like. My friend and I were on that hill in Argonnes (the one with the field gun), and after a few minutes there was like half the team with snipers/lmgs and mortars all holding down the ridge as the enemy rushed through the rock cut and over the ridges. It felt scary and awesome. :drool:

Someone wants to squad up in Europe?

I really do enjoy BF1.... BF3/4 were meh for me, though I had my 150+hours on it. Last I truely enjoyed was BFBC2, this is very close, they only could take the speed of running a notch back, but overall I really like it...

Operations is a really nice addition. War pigeons too, but feels a bit too close to Domination...

After I bought premium for the last games, i don't know if here I gonna buy it... the DLC maps had such a short life span... People moved on quickly and soon only the vanilla maps had enough people...

The free DLC is nice... like ... BFBC2, where all maps were free and a big expansions was paid (Nam)

It wouldn't be an EA game without some bugs in it. :lol:

Update v1.02 was released today and it's 2.4 gb on ps4. :eek:

I gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The era it's set in makes it interesting with the lack of technology available at the time, in comparison to modern shooters. Makes everything seem more based around skill rather than outright loadout(although there are still some wtf moments :lol:) I've decided to be a Medic for the most part, as I usually end up with a team full of people that never, ever revive people. I swear I've had about 4 medics trample all over me at one point and no one blinked an eye!

The campaign is fun and the atmosphere is pretty intense. The visuals in the campaign on the starting missions when you're rolling through the fog/night look amazing.

I've decided to be a Medic for the most part, as I usually end up with a team full of people that never, ever revive people. I swear I've had about 4 medics trample all over me at one point and no one blinked an eye!

It's so irritating when medics are like 4m away and just run straight past your body, I could understand if they were in combat but a lot of the time they're not. Occasionally you get a hero who goes out of their way to revive everyone and it's always nice to see them on the near medics list because most of the time they will revive you.

I have played a medic role probably 90% of the time from BF3 to now and another thing that bugs me is there are so many medics, but so few health boxes or people willing to heal you. I tried playing as scout the other day and it took so long to find a health box or medic willing to heal me that I had already regenerated all my health again. I make it a habit to throw down my health box as soon as I spawn, whenever I run past a group of teammates (even if they're on full health) and behind cover where there is a bit of a front going on. That way the box is there for any teammates who need some health, and it's always nice getting some healing score while I've run off to another objective.

It's so irritating when medics are like 4m away and just run straight past your body, I could understand if they were in combat but a lot of the time they're not. Occasionally you get a hero who goes out of their way to revive everyone and it's always nice to see them on the near medics list because most of the time they will revive you.
Yeah, I know what you mean, its ridiculous sometimes. Just as annoying is the ones that heal you right in the middle of biggest gun fight of that round. I would have been better off just not revived at that point lol. Atleast he tried though.

I have played a medic role probably 90% of the time from BF3 to now and another thing that bugs me is there are so many medics, but so few health boxes or people willing to heal you. I tried playing as scout the other day and it took so long to find a health box or medic willing to heal me that I had already regenerated all my health again. I make it a habit to throw down my health box as soon as I spawn, whenever I run past a group of teammates (even if they're on full health) and behind cover where there is a bit of a front going on. That way the box is there for any teammates who need some health, and it's always nice getting some healing score while I've run off to another objective.
I have to agree with that, it's hard to find someone that actually tries to play the medic class like it should be. The biggest benefit and draw of the class for me is being able to heal yourself on the fly if you happened to get shot. It's saved my behind so many times. It's my favorite class so far. I'll probably dabble with a Support role, and maybe sniper but don't really care for the other classes as much as I do the medic. I especially like their weapons, a good inbetween of the snipers and full-autos. Another fun thing about the class is tossing some long distance health packs, it looks absolutely hilarious sometimes!

Yeah, I know what you mean, its ridiculous sometimes. Just as annoying is the ones that heal you right in the middle of biggest gun fight of that round. I would have been better off just not revived at that point lol. Atleast he tried though.

This guy revived a dude who was still on fire lmao.

Really loving this game.. I only played a couple Battlefield games. One of my favorites was the 1943 - it was simple yet fun.. but it was neglected and got very laggy. I then sorta messed around with the Bad Company games... then did not play BF4 until it was on sale for like $14 for the premium version on ps4 and it was awesome and fixed by then.

Was worried this game was going to be a mess at launch like BF4 and or shallow like SW Battlefront.. but it is neither.

Sure there are bugs but nothing that is game braking or taking away enjoyment. Hell even the campaign is fun so far!

Between this and Assetto Corsa - I am set for awhile 👍

Not a Battlefield player, so I'm only going off gameplay videos.

What's the incentive to not heal teammates? You're getting more points just for dropping a medkit or syringing a dead teammate. Plus, isn't there a second type of medkit that you can throw directly at a friendly player? It's so easy.

Really enjoying this game, haven't had this much fun playing a game for quite some time. They really nailed the setting, and the weapons seem to be pretty well balanced from what I've played. I'm also surprised to hear that you guys have been having a hard time finding good medics as all the games I've played so far I've been on teams that actually work together, maybe because I've only really played Operations.

Had an awesome moment playing yesterday, in the 'Iron Walls' operation I was with a bunch of teammates defending a bunker while a bunch of enemies were grouped up at the entrance. For the hell of it I bayonet charged the entrance and killed a guy standing at the door while 4 other enemies just watched. :lol: I unloaded my rifle on the rest killing 2, unloaded my pistol on another guy, then tossed a grenade and ran back inside. Killed another 2 with the grenade, and survived. :D

Dan
Not a Battlefield player, so I'm only going off gameplay videos.

What's the incentive to not heal teammates? You're getting more points just for dropping a medkit or syringing a dead teammate. Plus, isn't there a second type of medkit that you can throw directly at a friendly player? It's so easy.
Most likely those who value getting kills over helping people. I always try to help others when I can (or aren't being rekt by the enemy). I key thing is to revive people who won't get shot immediately after helping them. I personally also step in front of the person I revive in an attempt to shield them so they can escape.

Dan

Sometimes, or most of the times the Assault class is used as Assault. I know for a fact in BF4 there are more players with a grenade launcher and med pack than a defibrillator and med pack. These are the players that run over your corpse in the battlefield because they don't have a revive icon.

In this game I don't know yet, I'll have to get it. I wanna experience hard-core in this title. See how everything is balanced.

But there really isn't an incentive.

When I played Bad Company 2, I used to just let some people die as a medic because the risk/reward was too high. If I was in a place swamped with enemies, reviving a teammate could result in both teammate and I dying at the same time. Of course, when a player pissed me off, I wouldn't revive him /or her out of spite, but usually, if reviving someone put me in a very compromised position, I wouldn't bother reviving the guy.

When I played Bad Company 2, I used to just let some people die as a medic because the risk/reward was too high. If I was in a place swamped with enemies, reviving a teammate could result in both teammate and I dying at the same time. Of course, when a player pissed me off, I wouldn't revive him /or her out of spite, but usually, if reviving someone put me in a very compromised position, I wouldn't bother reviving the guy.

That and you have to consider the situation for the other player.

You have players like the one above that revive people willy nilly for the points. I mean, he was still on fire :lol:

So there's two extremes really, either they don't revive you, or they revive anyone for the points.

In BF3, even BF4, Operation Metro is hell. There's that bottle neck that everyone resides in.

Now think of this logically, if you have a dead teammate IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPEN HALLWAY and you revive them, they'll die within seconds. In BF3 I think the limit was 3 revives before the system called it over? If all you see is the death banner and a flash from the defibrillator over and over again you're going to rage.

^this is another form of griefing people by the way. Most of the time it's not intentional.

Hoping to pick up the full version this weekend. The beta was an absolute blast, and it felt so much better than BF3 and BF4. I was kind of skeptical about the setting at first, but now I'm really into it. I'll take World War I over anothef modern shooter for the time being, and I'll take anything over that futuristic crud that has plagued Call of Duty for the last few years.

The graphics look incredible, the mechanics have never been better, and from what I'm hereing, the launch has gone smoothly so far.

Now the main question: to premium, or not to premium?

As for the whole medic debate, in BF4, unless it was absolutly necessary, and it almost never was, I would never attach the grenade launcher. I always ran with the med box (Big Bag, for anyone who gets the reference.) and the defibs. On the off chance that the launcher was needed, away went the med bag, and the defibs stayed on the character.

I try to revive as much as I can, but I always try to make sure it's clear first. No use reviving someone if they're just going to die instantaneously.

@Leadfoot530

You don't need to pay for premium now, just wait until the DLC starts coming out and see if it's worth it. I promise you they won't run out of DLC stocks ;)

On the topic of Medics (and Support players for that matter) new players just don't seem to understand that this is a team game and the team, and your squad, doesn't work well if you don't work together. When you spawn in as a Medic, or a Support player your very first instinct should be to see if anyone needs healing or re-supplying. Only after that should you start making a move for the next objective or engage enemies. You should drop health or ammo every time you are around team mates, regardless of if they request it or not.

Some people just treat every match regardless of the mode as a big game of TDM and only care about getting kills, never going for the objectives and never helping team mates. Luckily the majority of players are good about this and the new points system reminds people of what actually matters now.

By the way the best class (in my opinion) is Assault, not enough people play this class and it amazes me. Assault will absolutely destroy everyone in close quarters to take objectives and is the only class that can destroy tanks quickly. Nothing beats taking out a light tank by yourself, very satisfying.

Personally I think the Medic class is best, the rifles you use are much better all around than the SMGs in the Assault class. Every time I use anything fully automatic I'm always completely outgunned by semi automatic rifles at any sort of range. My favorite is the starting rifle, the Cei Riggotti (sp?), the only drawback of that particular rifle is the 10 round clip which runs out too quickly.

I've strayed from Operations for the first time and I've been playing Domination to get the medal for it and assault is much more useful in that mode, plus anti tank grenades and dynamite are good for clearing houses. :D

Personally I think the Medic class is best, the rifles you use are much better all around than the SMGs in the Assault class. Every time I use anything fully automatic I'm always completely outgunned by semi automatic rifles at any sort of range. My favorite is the starting rifle, the Cei Riggotti (sp?), the only drawback of that particular rifle is the 10 round clip which runs out too quickly.
I very much agree with the weapons, and I always was partial to the semi-auto's in Battlefield 4 so it is an easy adjustment. The thing that bothered me about the Riggotti was the reload speed, it was just too slow. I was moving around between the m1916 and M1907 for a bit because of the bigger clips, but lately I found the Mondragon Sniper is the most effective for me. It also has a 10 round clip so if worst comes to worst I have to make use of my pistol, and that hasn't gone too bad for me lately.

Dan

The only incentive to not heal I can think of would be if you were to put them immediately back in to a position where they're getting shot such as in @Team THRT Drift example on Metro OR if you're most likely going to die on your way to the body. IMO if they're just round the corner from some enemies it's still logical to heal them, you're always going to stand a better chance with there being 2 of you shooting than just yourself. I could be wrong on this but one of my friends said to me that reviving someone also means it doesn't count towards the ticket loss, I never actually looked up on whether this is true or not but if it is it can play a fairly big factor towards winning or losing a game.

Sometimes, or most of the times the Assault class is used as Assault. I know for a fact in BF4 there are more players with a grenade launcher and med pack than a defibrillator and med pack. These are the players that run over your corpse in the battlefield because they don't have a revive icon.

On BF1 when you die there is a list of all medics with the syringe equipped within I believe 20m, I had a friend test this out by taking off his syringe and he would no longer appear on the near medics list. In BF4 I can't recall there being a list of nearby medics so I guess on there you couldn't really tell whether they had the ability or not.

Back