Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Let the shenanigans begin. :lol:

I'd meet halfway and use Sabaton. Fast, epic heavy metal instrumentation, with lyrics that bring out the horrors of war and highlight the bravery of some of its greatest heroes. Songs like To Hell and Back, which is about Audie Murphy, a highly decorated war hero who also gained commendation for his extremely long and inspiring fight against PTSD:

Such songs open up a wide variety of complex themes for the trailer to deal with too, which would be something trailers don't usually do.

Sabaton is amazing. 👍

This looks so real, great trailer-swords, tanks and planes coool, I look forward to the release. This will be a nice change to have this WW1 on the PS4 as I have been looking forward to getting a new shooter and having enjoyed BF4/BC1/2. Although killing the horses bit I will think of them as AI as @TrevorPhilips says this won't be easy :nervous: but the rest looks like my type of game!👍

Such songs open up a wide variety of complex themes for the trailer to deal with too, which would be something trailers don't usually do.
I think that's exactly the issue. They want to play it safe, instead of doing something unique.

As for the game itself, I'm not really interested in FPS games anymore ... but this looks pretty interesting. I'll await the reviews.

I'm not too bothered about the pre-order DLC or the season pass as long as the main game has plenty of content and doesn't feel as though it has been stripped down.

they should do Battlefield the Roman Empire :dunce:

Imagine Battlefield doing the Norman Conquests... Battle of Hastings anyone!? :lol:

BayeuxTapestry_2398754b.jpg

c'mon man,... how awesome could that be,... throwing spears with 60 players and then go fullout with swords and axe type of weapons :cool:

Very very awesome. In Total War ;)

What I like about Battlefield is the ability for long-range, force-multiplied tactical group work without having to resort to melee nonsense :D

Imagine Battlefield doing the Norman Conquests... Battle of Hastings anyone!? :lol:

BayeuxTapestry_2398754b.jpg

Or Neanderthal Battlefield, there could be sharper rocks in the Limited Edition, maybe an animal-skin upgrade :D

This looks amazing, really looking forward to it, although I hope EA don't live up to their greedy reputation when it comes to content and DLC.

This looks amazing, really looking forward to it, although I hope EA don't live up to their greedy reputation when it comes to content and DLC.

It's the hope that kills you. :indiff:

On the one hand, there is the latest NFS, which seems to have been given a load of updates with no extra cost, as well as extensive polishing shortly after release. On the other, you have Star Wars Battlefront... and that would be on the other end of the scale; the majority of the game (as I see it) cut out of what was an already expensive game and added in as DLC to send the overall cost into triple digits... which is an utter joke in my eyes.

Seeing as both Star Wars and Battlefield are in EA's AAA section, I would be very surprised if they didn't pull the same shenanigans with Battlefield 1 and milk it for all its worth. So yeah, prepare to be disappointed.

There may be a better thread for this... but I noticed that Battlefield 4 is only £8 on XBOne store so I downloaded it. Cue EA pushing their "Access" pass. I have a few questions for y'all;

- Is the pass locked per-player, e.g. if I buy it do the other people who use my console need their own for their gamertag?
- What does it actually get me, I presume it's for all online play?
- Why does the thought of buying any kind of EA pass really irritate me? :D

Can we dig tunnels under enemies and blow the whole enemy team up by creating the biggest explosion known to men?

Mines in the Battle of Messines
On 7 June 1917, a series of large British mines, containing a total of over 455 tons of ammonal explosive, was detonated beneath German lines on the Messines-Wytschaete ridge. The explosions created 19 large craters, killed about 10,000 German soldiers, and were heard as far away as London and Dublin. While determining the power of explosions is difficult, this was probably the largest planned explosion in history until the 1945 Trinity atomic weapon test, and the largest non-nuclear planned explosion until the 1947 British Heligoland detonation (below). The Messines mines detonation killed more people than any other non-nuclear man-made explosion in history.

I'd meet halfway and use Sabaton. Fast, epic heavy metal instrumentation, with lyrics that bring out the horrors of war and highlight the bravery of some of its greatest heroes. Songs like To Hell and Back, which is about Audie Murphy, a highly decorated war hero who also gained commendation for his extremely long and inspiring fight against PTSD:

Sry, mainstream game underlined with a metal song?

These marketing / PR guys know what they doing. Look at the mainstream reception of the song used. GO to youtube, and watch the comments on the song.
They nailed it. How many people listen mainstream, how many listen to metal? It may not be for everyone, but it's like putting euro trash on a vid and asking yourself why it's get downvoted

Looks like ill be broke gonna purchase this and COD this year good year for gaming

I am interested in the game because it is Battlefield, but was a little underwhelmed by the trailer. It reminded me of the Battlefront reveal trailer in that there is a lot of stuff going on that is rarely seen happening in actual game. The amount of coordination taking place rarely happens in game. However, I am still very likely to buy the game.

I really wish they would stop with DLC for added maps. It fragmented the games too much in both Battlefield 3 and 4. It especially hurt in Battlefield 3 because most of the DLC maps were amazing additions to the game. Many of the maps added in 4 were really good too, just not as much as a consistent hit as 3.

I am interested in the game because it is Battlefield, but was a little underwhelmed by the trailer. It reminded me of the Battlefront reveal trailer in that there is a lot of stuff going on that is rarely seen happening in actual game. The amount of coordination taking place rarely happens in game. However, I am still very likely to buy the game.

According to many reviews of what was shown at the press event, the game is just as spectacular.

Also, the Italian front is in; apparently both the Alps and the Karst Plateau have been shown during the aforementioned press event. As my family on the father's side was involved with the Italian unification, and my mother's grandfather was a distinguished veteran of WWI's Isonzo front, you can understand how hyped I am right now. They better give us the Novantuno, or else... :grumpy:

Back