• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
View attachment 543850

502k dislikes? :lol: #RIPCOD...
Compare that to BF1's trailer

bandicam 4997.jpg

166K likes/4k dislikes

Looks amazing, but the music didn't really fit the trailer :P

Saw this tweet then watched the trailer, did they seriously go with the Glitch Mob remix :lol:, how lazy can you be. That's something someone making a ****** fan trailer would us

The recent trend of using licenced popular music (usually ill fitting rock music) for game trailers is extremely irritating and frankly lame. For example... Gears of War - Mad World, Terrible. Destiny - Led Zeppelin, Terrible. Infinite Warfare - Bowie, Terrible etc. There is nothing wrong with these songs... it's just they DON'T belong in these trailers!

What is so wrong with a serious orchestral score these days? That is what is needed for a trailer like this!

The recent trend of using licenced popular music (usually ill fitting rock music) for game trailers is extremely irritating and frankly lame. For example... Gears of War - Mad World, Terrible. Destiny - Led Zeppelin, Terrible. Infinite Warfare - Bowie, Terrible etc. There is nothing wrong with these songs... it's just they DON'T belong in these trailers!

What is so wrong with an serious orchestral score these days? That is what is needed for a trailer like this!

Because kids these days don't want proper musical scores against their generic grunge rock and robot-sex dubstep.

What is so wrong with a serious orchestral score these days? That is what is needed for a trailer like this!

Probably money. License fees for those 1 minute snippet of a song is lower than getting something good done from scratch.

I think the use of modern music was used simply to make the trailer more relevant to today's audience. Yes, we know it's World War One, so era specific music to go with it would make something that is already obvious more obvious, if that makes sense.

I think it's quite clever actually. It gives the battle sequences a more industrial vibe. Naturally, it would work with a trailer which is as exaggerated as this one.

Watched the trailer, now I can't wait for this Battlefield game and I think i'm most excited about flying and dog fighting in the old WWI planes more than anything.

I guess this picture confirms an "Air Superioity" type game mode. Just a lot of planes in one single map.
And the map just looks immense.

PS: I might be completely wrong, but it's just my guess from this picture.

Would make sense after battlefronts fighter squadron mode.

It's not that recent. I'm sure some of the older GTA games had licenced music as well.
Dan
I doubt it will happen, but I'll be pissed if they use Battlefront's simplified flight controls. You want proper air combat? I'll need full control over my plane. Pitch, roll, and yaw.
They definitely won't use Battlefront's controls. Battlefield 3, 4 and Hardline have really great flight controls allowing for pitch, roll and yaw.

They definitely won't use Battlefront's controls. Battlefield 3, 4 and Hardline have really great flight controls allowing for pitch, roll and yaw.

Awesome. Let's just hope the controls are fully customizable on PS4/X1. There was a thread on r/Battlefield requesting this be implemented. The OP said he prefers using L1/R1 to shoot, so he selected one of the preset control schemes, but that ruins tank controls for him.

Looks awesome, VERY interested to see some gameplay with horses. They were referred to as vehicles a few times during the stream so I'm guessing they will be fully playable in multiplayer. So refreshing to see something new, can't wait.
Give me the sword too. :drool:

Now, don't get me wrong. I love sci-fi FPS (just as I love sci-fi in general). Hell, I got interested in military stuff by reading Heinlein's Starship Troopers, so that's a given. And I really don't understand all the negativity towards CoD taking that direction.

However, the world of FPS games needed a WWI shooter. Badly. Hopefully the Italian Front will be in, at least in the multiplayer... Having some maps inspired by the First Battle of Monte Grappa and the Battle of the Piave River would be great, and the mountain warfare of the "White War" on the Alps would definitely be interesting (especially if the intend to keep the Levolution mechanic - and add in Commander-controlled artillery: man-made avalanches, anyone?).

Im very interested in the new close quarters combat. Always felt that was the weakest area of most shooters. In BF4 if you try and attack someone head on they just reverse the knife into you every time - its stupid. Hopefully this has a good close quarters fighting system

This looks brilliant, but I have a conspiracy theory. They called it Battlefield 1 as part of the deal with Microsoft and the xbox 1; let's face it, you could open the dictionary to any random page and get better suggestions than just "1"

Compare that to BF1's trailer

View attachment 543851

166K likes/4k dislikes
Just when COD lost its way with the future crap, refusing to listen to fans, and literally only in for the money (atleast what I get from its publisher CEO), Battlefield seems to positioned itself as a savior of modern FPS.

Time will tell if its good of course. But considering the previous Hardline, while not perfect, but brings fresh theme to the genre, I'm confident this will turn out well.

Probably money. License fees for those 1 minute snippet of a song is lower than getting something good done from scratch.

I'm sure they could also buy some generic orchestral music for a cheaper fee than mainstream music.

I'd meet halfway and use Sabaton. Fast, epic heavy metal instrumentation, with lyrics that bring out the horrors of war and highlight the bravery of some of its greatest heroes. Songs like To Hell and Back, which is about Audie Murphy, a highly decorated war hero who also gained commendation for his extremely long and inspiring fight against PTSD:

Such songs open up a wide variety of complex themes for the trailer to deal with too, which would be something trailers don't usually do.

Back