Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Why does this stuff always happen in the middle of Uni exams. I have no self control and will be watching the entire thing.

TONS of new concept artwork has been released

image.jpeg

I am so hyped for this game now! I don't really care for FPS's that much but this one I will surely be getting.

Ho. Ly. 🤬.

If this game is half as good as it looks at the moment, then it's going to be the only FPS I play for a long time...

1 amazing looking game...

What is peoples fave things?

Those biplanes. I LOVE IT! The atmosphere of the game itself is pleasing. It also has a soothing, clear, and vibrant colour palette. That was my biggest pet peeve in BF4, the colour palette.

Wait, aren't they streaming the game on Twitch? I know YouTubers will get to record gameplay tomorrow.

I jumped on the hype train late but managed to find room. I just watched the trailers and gameplay and want this game bad. It's been years since I wanted a game this badly. I guess I need to start hunting for a PS4 pronto so I can play this. This game alone will make buying one worth it.

Agree about the sounds as well @Patrick everything seems to a high standard of quality.

See 12:05
Such a great looking moment although the commentators miss part of the airship being blown off and falling into the ground exploding.

Last edited:
While it wasn't easy to find a good quality video to show what I missed. In the end I came across the following uploaded, even if it took a few minutes to find.

Looks cool. But when I saw the Sniper gameplay i realized that the map had too many areas where Snipers got a huge advantage from really far away and empty area for the target with little obstruction (building), making it really easy to snipe.

I can't remember the last time I bought a FPS on release but this one will happen. The game looks great even in pre-alpha and the dynamic weather looks great. They even had raindrops on the weapons!

Between FIFA 17 and this, EA is going to have an amazing 4th quarter this year.

TONS of new concept artwork has been released

Just saw the guy on a parachute shooting planes with his pistol.

True pilots took pistols with them but in WW1 they didn't have parachutes. Sad truth right there. If you got shot down there was no hope. The purpose of the pistol was to commit suicide so your death was painless.

Looks cool. But when I saw the Sniper gameplay i realized that the map had too many areas where Snipers got a huge advantage from really far away and empty area for the target with little obstruction (building), making it really easy to snipe.

Not really, because sniping in battlefield requires some skill (a lot actually), so that will just make snipers more dangerous but not OP. And remember, you will need two shots to kill an enemy, unless you headshot them, so you have to lead the bullet and be aware of the bullet drop.

I'm more concerned about the fully automatic weapons, they can be made really overpowered if not done properly.

@haitch40 Nice bit of info, thanks....
Although I don't think we can question the accuracy they put into certain details or now all the new animations. The game still has to follow its own gameplay mechanics err being a game.

For instance I doubt we will see a "football mode" regards the famous Christmas Truce while historically accurate again not exactly suiting the gameplay mechanics. :)

I kinda do wish falling snow and freezing cold was one of the weather modes but that might be pushing the already incredible visuals a bit far.

It is fitting however July this year marks the 100th anniversary for the Battle of the Somme.
Many local familes from my own little country had soldiers who fought in it.

1 does wonder how/what advances this game may bring in audio

Last edited:
Back