Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
You sure? I jumped on last week and there weren't many full servers on the rush game mode and the ones containing DLC maps had barely reached into double figures in terms of players in the server.

http://bf4stats.com/

150k online right now, 54k ps4 players. Check your server filters they might be excluding a lot of options.

I have only selected Rush. 54k on PS4 is some exaggeration as even across all game modes there are really only around 5-10 full servers.

You might want to check your filters. I just looked and Rush is a ghost town on PC. However, there is plenty of Conquest. DLC maps are going to be hit or miss because of not everyone having those maps. Though, I will say I have had better luck with DLC maps not dropping a lot of people because they do not have those maps; I would guess most of the people still playing have all of the DLC maps at this point.

On PC, when I did a search, there were only around a handful of Rush servers. Conquest was a different story. Hence, check your filters; you might have to play a different game mode.

I have only selected Rush. 54k on PS4 is some exaggeration as even across all game modes there are really only around 5-10 full servers.

In the whole world lol? I doubt that. There's more than that on PC in Australia alone.

You have to basically uncheck every filter option to actually see all the servers.

In the whole world lol? I doubt that. There's more than that on PC in Australia alone.

You have to basically uncheck every filter option to actually see all the servers.
Well doubt it then. Where exactly are you getting these figures from as I very much contest there are 54k standing alone figure from Australia solely playing BF4 on PC.

image.png
image.png

Here you go these are the top filled servers for conquest. And yes I have 'basically unchecked' every filter except for the game mode of conquest.

Dan
Are there any detailed videos or posts discussing how the aircraft will perform? I'm very interested in the dogfighting portion of the game.

I don't know, but in the videos from E3 I thought they looked alarmingly similar to Star Wars Battlefront.

Dan
Hmm. It didn't look that way to me, and I know they'll have full control of the aircraft unlike SWBF. PhlyDaily, who is a popular War Thunder player, says biplanes have unique flight characteristics which allow them to pull certain maneuvers that couldn't be performed by other types of aircraft. He didn't like the flight model of jets in BF3 and BF4 because they felt like they were too restricted. I really hope that isn't the case for the biplanes in BF1.

Decent video of aerial combat. Looks alright.

Here are two more videos:

Well doubt it then. Where exactly are you getting these figures from as I very much contest there are 54k standing alone figure from Australia solely playing BF4 on PC.

I never said there were 54k on PC in Australia, I was referring to your comment about the number of servers you could find on PS4.

I just did a quick count of the 64 player servers on battlelog and there's about 120-150 full 64 player servers, so that should give you some idea. That doesn't include all the 48/32/24 player servers which there are 100's of as well.

PC has the smallest player base so on PS4 there would be literally hundreds of full servers.

I just did a quick count of the 64 player servers on battlelog and there's about 120-150 full 64 player servers, so that should give you some idea.
Have a picture? Also, do you play on PS4 then if not why are you contesting my point when I am the one playing on that console.

Must have been a quick count to get a figure of 120-150 full servers. :rolleyes:

Are you forgetting that this game was released on PS3 first?

Have a picture? Also, do you play on PS4 then if not why are you contesting my point when I am the one playing on that console.

Must have been a quick count to get a figure of 120-150 full servers. :rolleyes:

Are you forgetting that this game was released on PS3 first?

Dude i'm just trying to explain why there must be something wrong with your filters if you're only seeing 5-10 full servers as you stated earlier.

Apparently with a gtx1080 you'll be able to play BF1 at 60 fps with 4k resolution. They are not stating what kind of details tho.

I would link the article but it's in french so I doubt it interest most people.

Dan
Are you allowed to record and share gameplay (do it), or are you under strict NDA (still record it)?

Here is what part of the email said:

Email from EA
Please note that all details with the Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha are strictly confidential at this time until otherwise communicated by EA and/or DICE. Do not share or post any information, screenshots, or videos on public forums or social channels, as explicitly stated in the Test Agreement, the acceptance of which is required to participate in this test. The Test Agreement is found during installation of the Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha.

Yeah, save it to yourself and just enjoy it. Is the right thing to do when they trust you like that.
Good luck. :sly:

Had an E-mail yesterday evening with I code for the PS4 alpha. Loving it so far, Can't wait for the Beta to start so I can play with some friends.

You lucky get, is the destruction as fun as it looks?

Its great!! Nothing is an obstacle when your in a tank. You can just crush everything and make your own path :)

Dan
Does anyone know how long the Alpha and Beta sessions will be?

There was no timeframe that I could see in the E-mail. I imagine the Beta will be very soon as more often than not the Beta Immediately follows the Alpha and is normally the same or a very similar build. Like the BFH Alpha & Beta for example.

Last edited:
Anyone else got access to the Alpha? If so what are your impressions?

Some of my thoughts.

.Warbonds - You get 60 "Warbonds" everytime you get promoted which are basically like hardline's cash system. Weapons and other unlockables are normally between 30-40 warbonds each so you unlock things in your own order and preference and rather quickly. I believe you can get warbonds in other ways other than getting promoted to. I'd be surprised if you wont be able to buy skins and other cosmetic items with them in the full game. Its always nice getting to choose what you want and not have to grind for ages to get it.

.Sound - The sound is amazing , As you would expect from a DICE/Frostbite game. The vehicles sound really mechanical and intimidating and the weapon sounds are incredibly satisfying. Takes me back everytime when I bludgeon someone to death with the hatchet only to see the sudden spurt of blood and squelch of hacked flesh, Its much more visceral and brutal than any melee from other Battlefields. The backround music is great aswell, Towards the end of the game it hits a cruciendo which tries to make the final moments of the round feel a bit more tense and epic, Even if its not really that close.

.Visuals - I'm on PS4 and it is easily the best looking FPS I've played on it. Its not leaps and bounds above BF4 or hardline but its a noticable improvement in my eyes. Details like the water filled ruts in the dirt roads and the water droplets and mud that accumalate on weapons is incredibly impressive. You can turn off motion blur and even change your FOV settings which I believe is a first for console Battlefield.

.Spotting/minimap - You don't show up on the map when you fire your weapon anymore so the only way you can show up on the map is if your spotted. A great change which makes a lot of sense and makes spotting even more important than it was,.One of the Multiple of reasons why the Scout (sniper) is a lot more powerful than the past. I'll go into the other reasons later.

.Menu's/UI - very clean and simple. Similar in ways to Battlefront.

.General Balancing - I've reached level 20 and feel theres no glaring balancing issues in the game. People claim that Tanks seem a bit strong but because alot of things that could take out a tank aren't in the alpha such as. Dynamite and the Panzer Gewehr for instance. People don't tend to work together to bring down tanks neither. Also its not well known that you can disable certain parts of tanks aswell so even if you can't fully take a tank down maybe try to disable its tracks to bring it to halt so you can make a break for it and escape. You need to target critical parts of the tank the Engine, Turret and Tracks in particular. The infantry weapons seem fine , The automatico 1918 SMG kills very quickly up close but is useless at anything other than close quarters and also has a small 25 round magazine that obstructs ADS.

.Time To Kill - The full auto weapons in Battlefield 1 deal less damage per bullet across the board. On top of that guns have more spread and feel less accurate than past games.

The SMGs of the Assault class have a fairly accurate first round than the second round has a lot of spread but then the spread reduces again so they are difficult to use at range and of course deal poor ranged damage aswell. I would say this is the most simple and easiest class to play.

The Medic class has single shot "DMR" style weapons some able to be equipped with a "full auto" setting (isn't very good). They are comparable to BF4 DMRs in feel but deal less damage. Most of them with exception of the Mondragon taking 4 body shots to kill, With the mondragon in some cases taking three. This class Is good in a variety of situations but you need to make your shot count to beat assault player in up close.

The Support class get large full auto machine guns with large magazine capacity and good damage at all ranges. The Machine guns are odd as the gain accuracy the longer they are fired. So just going full auto and just spraying is probably your best option as every first shot you fire chances are it isn't going to hit your target. Fairly simple class but the weapons seam rather unwieldly and strange. It feels odd that just spraying full auto is what you have to do to be most effective and accurate. I guess it makes sense with the suppressive and sustained fire role that support tends to offer though.

The Scout class gets your standard bolt action sniper rifles, Ranging from a Fast firing lever-action to more slower rate of fire and longer range focused Gewehr 98 bolt action. Where these differ from sniper rifles in older games as that each has a certain sweet spot in effectiveness which means in some cases you will deal more damage at range than in close quarters. So its possible to get one shot body shots that dont necessarily have to be up close if the rifle you are using has a more longer range sweet spot. This makes the scout class feel a lot more effective as you don't neccesarily have to get pin point accurate headshots to get kills. Pistols are strong aswell, The M1911 being capable of a 3 body shot kill helping out the scout class even more as you will rely on your sidearm a lot in close quarters with bolt actions. Snipers have been given a flat upgrade from other games and are easier to be effective with them. With their sweet spot one hit kills and the strong sidearms. Also with more emphasis on spotting it makes them more usefull if they have a good vantage point and use the flare gun.

Overall I'm impressed with the game so far, It seems very polished and solid even at this alpha stage, I've only had one problem with the pause menu being rather unresponsive. Other than that I have no complaints. It is an incredibly fun experience and with the visuals and incredible sound and music design its almost cinematic at times. As i said i just can't wait to play with friends. :)

Edit - oh my..... that's a big post. Sorry :D

Last edited:
Back