Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Is it me or is the running speed a bit to much. It looks like you clear much more distance than realisticaly is possible while running.

It looks great though.

Is it me or is the running speed a bit to much. It looks like you clear much more distance than realisticaly is possible while running.

It looks great though.

Yeah Battlefield games are quite fast paced, it's not a simulator.

Just went online to check on the price of the Collectors Edition, and MY GOD, I had a heart attack! £179.99! I've had collectors editions of games with just as much content for less than that. Thinking I may have to go for the Early Enlister version instead.

Remember to save some money to buy the rest of the game that releases after the base game. Want to play as the French? You know, the country that is otherwise known as one of the most important factions of the 1st Great War, certainly much more important than the US. Well, you're going to have to buy the DLC. Why are you people still buying into this BS.

As per usual, the game will be an unfinished PoS with loads of content withheld to sell as DLC. And it's all because people continue to throw their money at EA and Dice, no matter how much they rip you off. Hell, they're not even hiding it anymore.

Remember to save some money to buy the rest of the game that releases after the base game. Want to play as the French? You know, the country that is otherwise known as one of the most important factions of the 1st Great War, certainly much more important than the US. Well, you're going to have to buy the DLC. Why are you people still buying into this BS.

This makes me wait until the game is released. If that is truly the case, I'm not buying. I'm already hesitant to buy anything EA and this isn't helping.

Mr Latte
For instance I doubt we will see a "football mode" regards the famous Christmas Truce while historically accurate again not exactly suiting the gameplay mechanics. :)

Well, Fifa 17 is using Frostbite..

As per usual, the game will be an unfinished PoS with loads of content withheld to sell as DLC. And it's all because people continue to throw their money at EA and Dice, no matter how much they rip you off. Hell, they're not even hiding it anymore.

I normally go by how many hours I will get out of a game before I buy it, I have played hundreds of hours on some games and for the price of £80 with all the dlc I would say that's a fair deal indeed. Especially when you consider people pay £15 for a blu ray that's maximum 3 hours and only watch it a handful of times.

Comparing those two alone and video games give you a hell of a lot of bang for your bucks and I know I will get a lot of play from this game, as with battlefield you know what your getting. My play time for other battlefields must be in excess of 300 hours per game so I would have to buy over a hundred films to get anywhere near it. The price of a hundred films? You tell me.

Given that I have almost 2000 hours on BF4 I think BF1 + season pass will be a very safe investment.

I'm still not pre-ordering though until I know exactly how they are going to handle the server browser and the custom server settings etc as apparently they are getting a big overhaul from BF4. I guess we will find out when the beta starts.

Are there any detailed videos or posts discussing how the aircraft will perform? I'm very interested in the dogfighting portion of the game.

Dan
Are there any detailed videos or posts discussing how the aircraft will perform? I'm very interested in the dogfighting portion of the game.

I don't know, but in the videos from E3 I thought they looked alarmingly similar to Star Wars Battlefront.

I don't know, but in the videos from E3 I thought they looked alarmingly similar to Star Wars Battlefront.

Hmm. It didn't look that way to me, and I know they'll have full control of the aircraft unlike SWBF. PhlyDaily, who is a popular War Thunder player, says biplanes have unique flight characteristics which allow them to pull certain maneuvers that couldn't be performed by other types of aircraft. He didn't like the flight model of jets in BF3 and BF4 because they felt like they were too restricted. I really hope that isn't the case for the biplanes in BF1.

I think I might have to reinstall BF4 to remind myself why I don't play it any more. This game does look and sound amazing but there's definitely a reason why I don't play Battlefield now, I've just temporarily forgotten what it is...

I think I might have to reinstall BF4 to remind myself why I don't play it any more. This game does look and sound amazing but there's definitely a reason why I don't play Battlefield now, I've just temporarily forgotten what it is...
Maybe not many people play Battlefield 4 now, and it isn't quite as fun playing with a group of friends while playing solo can get boring at times.

Dan

There's plenty of footage including the 44 minute video I posted above. They will be fully controllable, nothing like battlefront.

Maybe not many people play Battlefield 4 now, and it isn't quite as fun playing with a group of friends while playing solo can get boring at times.

BF4 still has a massive player base, even on PC.

PS4 has an even larger player base right now.
You sure? I jumped on last week and there weren't many full servers on the rush game mode and the ones containing DLC maps had barely reached into double figures in terms of players in the server.

Dan
Different game, I know, but the battlefront developers said that site isn't 100% reliable when looking for player numbers.

Yeah but it's as good as we can get, and of course they would say that about battlefront because the numbers are terrible :lol:

Back