CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Tried it today, did 3 races with clean bonus. Really good grinding method!
My way of doing it is TC at 3 and fuel map at 3, so no needs for stops. And basically cruising in 5th.

But yeah, have in mind this method will be patched real soon.

I just tried this for the first time, and I would say that 16 minutes is unrealistic, unless you're a Tomahawk expert.
It took me 22 minutes. The car is a total nightmare to control on a wet track.
I had probably about 90 seconds worth of wall penalties, too. :lol:
My SRT Tomahawk X VGT configuration build V.2 for you, enjoy:

Use DRS (R3) on the straight! I'm waiting for your feedback!

Be nice if I could get this to work. Tried doing it for an hour, could get it lower than 1200
You have to set the main final drive first . The 6th 5th 4th after that it's set the rest and then exit , go back and reset the top 3 gears again, rinse repeat till they are done and you must have intermeditate tires fitted .

Last edited:
Tried it today, did 3 races with clean bonus. Really good grinding method!
My way of doing it is TC at 3 and fuel map at 3, so no needs for stops. And basically cruising in 5th.

But yeah, have in mind this method will be patched real soon.
the way i see it, theres 3-4 options

A. payout for these events is nerfed
B. tomahawk is nerfed
C. event restrictions get adjusted to not allow vgt cars or something
D. PP system is done away with, restrict by hp

Id hope for D but I think A/C are more likely

You have to set the main final drive first . The 6th 5th 4th after that it's set the rest and then exit , go back and reset the top 3 gears again, rinse repeat till they are done and you must have intermeditate tires fitted .
I've tried it every possible way, following guides, YouTube, new sheets etc. Just doesn't seem to play ball. That's the first time I've seen intermediate mentioned though.

I just tried this for the first time, and I would say that 16 minutes is unrealistic, unless you're a Tomahawk expert.
It took me 22 minutes. The car is a total nightmare to control on a wet track.
I had probably about 90 seconds worth of wall penalties, too. :lol:
Well, keep driving it... You will get to grips with it. I also was an absolute madman driving this car for the first time with tons of penalties.

I believe it's possible to shave half a minute of what I did, but probably only the "aliens" or true tomahawk X experts can do that. Driving through the traffic requires a lot of luck as well. It's all good when you pass them on the straights, but in the tight sections you really do have to slow down a lot.

I'm going to try out the new 2400hp version.

I've tried it every possible way, following guides, YouTube, new sheets etc. Just doesn't seem to play ball. That's the first time I've seen intermediate mentioned though.
That'll be the issue then , sling em on and if the gearing is correct you should be good to go .

Oh you can pit during a race and sling on racing hards if you have them but cannot start the race with racing hards ok .

Oh use manual gearing 1/2/3 are useless , if you spin out on a wet track the car gets a bit upset with trying to change the first 3 gears . Tokyo you can leave it in 6th gear only need tires and lap the field at least twice .

Last edited:
Yes, MANUAL gearing is a must, just use 7 gear all the way aside from the sharpest corners (turn 1 after the long straight and the final turn, hairpin).

Never go below 4th gear.

I tried not to reply to that original thread thinking that would be keeping it low profile but well.

Actually I also come up with a gear setting that can be used to start a race with Sport Soft / Race Intermediate, just in the original post:

If anyone are still grinding with this config, you really should move your 6th/7th gear higher and it will be much comfortable to use 5th/6th gear for cruising. You can use the value from the SS/IM gear ratios. First 4 gears must be keep that way for the glitch to work.

Speaking of Race Intermediates, if you keep gentle on the fuel pedal the first lap can certainly lapped cleanly and not too slow. I can finish it in 1'30", with SS/IM probably 1'20" but adding ~10" for a pit visit to change to RH it probably don't worth it ...

The most relaxed way for me probably is using SS that last for an entire race, easy to control on first laps, and don't need to pit at all. Total time perhaps 1 minute longer but it's certainly worth it.

the way i see it, theres 3-4 options

A. payout for these events is nerfed
B. tomahawk is nerfed
C. event restrictions get adjusted to not allow vgt cars or something
D. PP system is done away with, restrict by hp

Id hope for D but I think A/C are more likely
E. Make events that our shiny new purchased cars are actually eligible to participate and with comparable payout
F. Make custom event have comparable payout

And we will happily bring our shiny new purchased cars around them, enjoying the game while saving for new cars. Isn't that how GT4 worked before?

After all that PD went through in the last month, credits being slashed/nerfed will be the last thing they will do, there simply going to fix the Tomahawk gears on the next patch.

Actually I think this unexpected variant of the event isn't bad at all. Before this I don't think anyone would set up for such a condition (Tomahawk X, Tokyo Expressway, 15 other reasonably fast but not that fast cars, semi-changing pavement water status etc.) and try to time attack in them. You still have to concentrate to not hitting the cars and walls. We now better know how AI reacts to blue flags, enable race line and you'll find out that they do yield but in a unpredictable way, not always giving you the "inside". We now know that using DRS/electricity boost can save significant amount of fuel.

I now hope that GT7 can put ~60 car in this "circuit" and then we have a Tokyo rush hour event!

The GT7 is full of stages (circuits) and actors (cars), with utterly lacking of a suitable plot.

This is a little piece that made up the lacking.

Thank you Kazunori Yamauchi, for letting me have a chance to experience this magic moment.

Oh, and this is way better than the days we rubber-band a DualShock 3 to run Red Bull X2010 in Daytona Super Speedway for money.

Now I'm going back for my driving shift in the Tokyo Speedway Endurance (Indefinite Duration, Forced pitting every 12 laps) ...

Last edited:
The clean race bonus seems to be glitched on this track as well..
Just won a race with over a minute of penalties and hit a few AI cars but still got clean race bonus. This has happens to be me on every race so far, with this car and track combo. Nice glitch 😁

UPDATE - I can confirm that you can indeed hit AI cars, trackside objects etc and still get the clean race bonus. I deliberately crashed into several AI cars on the last 11th lap, cleared my penalties and got the full 825,000. Gonna be grinding this until they fix it.

Last edited:
Well, keep driving it... You will get to grips with it. I also was an absolute madman driving this car for the first time with tons of penalties.

I believe it's possible to shave half a minute of what I did, but probably only the "aliens" or true tomahawk X experts can do that. Driving through the traffic requires a lot of luck as well. It's all good when you pass them on the straights, but in the tight sections you really do have to slow down a lot.

I'm going to try out the new 2400hp version.
My fastest lap time was 1.14 while using 7th gear to save fuel.
I can see your 1.11 but doing this on average with traffic is absolutely insane. :bowdown:
I think 18 min isn't to hard to achieve as you can go relaxed flat-out in 7th gear from 2nd to final corner and just have to slowdown sometimes for the AI cars.

Last edited:
I'm afraid i broke the game guys

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_195341.jpg
    IMG_20220410_195341.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 55
Well this has been a journey…

My first run might as well have been called Barrier Bingo. My second one went more smooth and I tried to do some fastest laps. Third one and forward I was basically on auto-pilot and had a laptop with a movie playing right below the tv.

-edit-

Just got a clean race bonus after hitting stuff like 20 times. xD

Last edited:
Yeah I'm doing this right now. Around 19 minutes for a race. Gonna do this until they patch it. No regrets.
It's impossible not to do a clean race.

Last edited:
I tried one run hitting cars, barriers etc and i always keep getting the Clean Race Bonus.

I tried one run hitting cars, barriers etc and i always keep getting the Clean Race Bonus.
It's because Clean Racing bonus occurs pretty much every race, as long as you don't veer off the track. Since you can't go off track on Tokyo Expressway (ie gravel and such), you can't not get Clean Racing bonus. No idea why it works that way.

My fastest lap time was 1.14 while using 7th gear to save fuel.
I can see your 1.11 but doing this on average with traffic is absolutely insane. :bowdown:
I think 18 min isn't to hard to achieve as you can go relaxed flat-out in 7th gear from 2nd to final corner and just have to slowdown sometimes for the AI cars.
Dude, you can lap the Nurburgring at below the 3 minute mark with that insane car. Surely you can lap much faster than 1:14.

Also, the 1:11 lap was a CLEAN lap. When on traffic I average 1:18-1:21 depending on which sections I get the traffic.

I just did a run with the Tomahawk X exploit at 2400 hp. It's definitely faster, I did a single lap at 1:07.xxx but the overall time I still haven't beaten my 15:xx minute mark because the car goes so much faster I have no reflexes to do the corner section flatout without kissing the barriers most of the time.
Had 30 second penalties and did a 16:10 overall. So I know I can get much faster, just have to slow down a little on the tight sections (the S section and the tight/narrow right hander before straight into the hairpin).

Don't get it ... I match the ratios as shown but the speeds don't match up or the pp

Must the ratio and speed match or is ratio or speed more important 🤔

Must the ratio and speed match or is ratio or speed more important 🤔
They should match up.

BTW, the speed is in kph, not miles per hour. Regardless, if you get the exact ratios right, the speeds will be the same, so just focus on the ratios.

It's because Clean Racing bonus occurs pretty much every race, as long as you don't veer off the track. Since you can't go off track on Tokyo Expressway (ie gravel and such), you can't not get Clean Racing bonus. No idea why it works that way.
I thought hitting other cars would also affect Clean Racing Bonus?

Back