DLC - Poll - discussion

Would you buy extra DLC?

• Yes, I will buy it no matter the price

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Yes, but only if the price is right

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Maybe, the main factor to decide will be the price

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Maybe, the main factor to decide will be the quality and amount of the content

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • No, I'm not intrested

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • NO, I don't have time to play additional content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't because I have no money

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No, i don't want to pay for DLC, so i refuse to buy anything from this businessmodel.

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Belgium
Belgium
Currently GT6 will have more options for downoadable content. However not much is known yet.

Would you pay for new content? How much do you want to spend and what do you want to see? What will be the deciding factor for you?

For me it would depend on what the content is and how much it is.

For example. If they release 5 cars but you can buy them seperately, I will buy which ones I like.
If you have to buy them all, I will see how many cars I like and if the price is fair for cars I want plus cars I don't.

For me it would depend on what the content is and how much it is.

For example. If they release 5 cars but you can buy them seperately, I will buy which ones I like.
If you have to buy them all, I will see how many cars I like and if the price is fair for cars I want plus cars I don't.

Basically this. We still have no idea what car and/or track content is coming or how it might be priced. I never bought the first DLC car and track pack in GT5 because I felt it wasn't worth it. I'd rather have PD make car packs have purchases for individual cars rather than being forced to buy the whole pack in bulk for cars people don't want.

Of course if they release a Skyline GT-R pack I won't buy it, no matter which is the price. But something like BMW M1, Merc A45... Then shut up and take my money!

All new dlc cars will appear directly into the dealership as they arrive. So buy those you want, ignore those you don't like. It's as easy as that.

I'll buy every single track.

My main interest are real life street cars. That means I won't buy TC/RMs and cars that are practically duplicates (yet another GT-R), because I don't care about them. Still not sure about fictional cars and race cars in general, though certainly will get specific ones that are a nice addition to the game.

And definitely won't buy any extra content that isn't meaningful, for example paints and racing gear.

Last edited:
New tracks will be the big one for me, if I have to pay for Seattle I'll do it gladly.

Oh, and any 90s Ferraris they want to throw my way will be gratefully received! :D

If there are cars that I really want to see, or some that might catch my eyes by surprise, then I will definately get it, irrespective of the price.

According to Kaz, DLC will drop every single month and there will be a new track in the package. If this is true, I think you're going to see a massive amount of moaning about Sony turning into MS and putting the screws to customers. As a minimum expect to pay at least $5 and probably closer to $10 per month to get all the available content. I'll get it, but I highly doubt it will be well received and I expect DLC tracks, outside of the incredibly popular, to be pretty scarce in open lobbies, much like Motegi is now.

If TT's and Seasonal Events are held at DLC tracks and exclude anyone who hasn't purchased a particular track, expect the GT faithful to turn on PD and Kaz like a pack of wolves:mad::mad::mischievous::yuck::grumpy:

yvkjpu.jpg

I am interested in tracks than cars. I already per-ordered anniversary edition but if they pull out Microsoft like 50 cars in next 6 months worth 50$. Then no one should buy it.

I am interested in tracks than cars. I already per-ordered anniversary edition but if they pull out Microsoft like 50 cars in next 6 months worth 50$. Then no one should buy it.

I bet if they do that, most people will not notice and then still buy them as DLC. LoL

Provided it's priced in the real world I'd buy it anyway. I think the DLC GT5 had was reasonably priced, so I've no reason to think GT 6 would be any different.

Yes.. to know that at the touch of a button I could have any track or car that I wanted.. that power would put me amongst the gaming gods.. and with Gran Turismo 6 I will have that Powwa!
yess.. yesssss... I would do it! (Davros)

Seriously though - If I See a car or track pack that's appealing of course I will buy it.. but agree that I won't be buying all of it.. unless it's all pretty special!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the dlc system at all, but that's how it works now, so.. if i'll see something that i really like at a decent price i'll probably buy it. In a game like this dlc aren't that bad after all, at least they're actually adding stuff and they're not selling you half of the disc later...
I'm absolutely not going to buy everything they'll throw in the game though.

Plus if it's released monthly, most of the working world will have been paid and I'm sure the DLC will be reasonably priced enough for people to afford it should it be good enough that is.

I'm not a fan of the dlc system at all, but that's how it works now, so.. if i'll see something that i really like at a decent price i'll probably buy it. In a game like this dlc aren't that bad after all, at least they're actually adding stuff and they're not selling you half of the disc later...
I'm absolutely not going to buy everything they'll throw in the game though.
Indeed, DLC is the wave of the future and it's not going away. Expecting anything different is like pining away for this phone. It may bring back fond memories, but the phone is never coming back.
dkmb86g_487pr55s2hc_b.jpg

Yeah I read about it. The game is 60$ and the 50 cars DLC in next 6 month worth 50$. This is BS. Hopefully this will not happen in GT6 or in future as well. I will probably buy track pack. Even 3 tracks for 15$ or 5 tracks for 20$. I will be sold.

This. I'll buy it no matter what. I sit here right now trying to convince myself that I'll be picky about it, only give them my money if it's truly worth it, but I know that's not really true. I'll want to try out every track and car that comes along...

Maybe something could be added to the poll. "Only buy DLC with specific content of my liking"

The only reason I would buy DLC if it had Peugeot's in it. For the rest not interested in DLC.

Quality, amount and price are deciding factors for me. After feeling disappointed with the GT5 DLC, I'll be much more cautious this time around.

Last edited:
I'm defiantly buying all the Tracks, unless one of them is a real stinker. Cars, only if they are interesting enough.

The price doesn't really bother me, if GT5 is anything to go by I think the pricing is quite fair.

I'll be deciding purely on the content, if it's, say a modern supercar pack then I won't bother but if there's something like a vintage/classic car pack I'd be all over it! DOwn to preference I guess.

I chose the 4th option as that seemed closest but not sure any of them actually get it right.

Content and price are the major factors an one must consider both together but there is no option for that in the poll.

I will not blindly buy any DLC. I will buy DLC if the price is reasonable for the amount of content included and the content interests me.

Maybe something could be added to the poll. "Only buy DLC with specific content of my liking"

👍 I would only consider purchasing DLC if it suited my taste and it was priced correctly. The Veloster Turbo, A45 AMG and E63 AMG are cars I am willing to buy.

Back