Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,523 comments
Kazuchika Okada reportedly wants to try his talents as a free agent when his deal comes up early next year...

...wait...TONY KHAN PUT DOWN YOUR CHECKBOOK YOU DON'T NEED A NEW SHINY ALREADY

Last edited:
Raw was mostly about Drew McIntyre, he started the show with a good promo and then had his match with Sami Zayn which was really good, Zayn 'tweeked' his ankle someway through the match and Drew took advantage of that and ended up winning with a claymore, Drew then attacked Zayn backstage.

The main event match between Seth and Jey for the title was great with Seth winning clean with a stomp, Drew turned up and claymore'd Seth and put Jey through the announce table. The rest of the show was pretty good and it went as advertised with the matches in my previous post, it did mean that there were no surprise matches though. no Finn Balor, Rhea Ripley or CM Punk last night, Punk returns to Raw next week, Rhodes v Nakamura is also next week.

There is a WWE PLE this Saturday and its NXT Deadl1ne, matches include Ilja Dragunov v Baron Corbin for the NXT title and Dominik v Wes Lee for the North American title.

He actually had some merch on WWE Shop a few hours ago! So maybe this was coming...

I remembered when two MMA legends were in the WWE (then WWF)- Ken Shamrock and Dan "The Beast" Severn. Interesting seeing the former return to the WWE in some capacity...

I was pretty impressed with how Shayna Baszler hung with Nia Jax as long as she could last night. Shayna is a tough girl, and it takes some courage to stand up to Nia Jax (or even those to stand up to Shayna). I always knew Shayna Baszler is tough to take down, but she did real well against the powerhouse Nia Jax.

Oh, I loved Steve Blackman. Dude was adept at martial arts. He was also Hardcore champion a time or two.

Smackdown tonight.

CM Punk.
Randy Orton & LA Knight v Solo Sikoa & Jimmy Uso
Asuka v Charlotte
Dragon Lee v Santos Escobar and Karrion Kross v Bobby Lashley, both US title tournament 1st round matches.

AJ Styles has been cleared for a return for weeks since injury but its been held off, apparently its a creative decision.

Sami Zayn has asked for time off which has been granted, it could start after Christmas. Nice well earned rest for him.

CM Punk gave a better promo last night where he called out Roman Reigns, he also aimed a dig at Seth Rollins but didn't mention his name as he said he wasn't even the Man of his own household. He also referenced Heyman when he said he was the original Paul Heyman guy and that he was his wise man first, he said he'll decide which brand he will be on on Raw, there was no interaction between him and Heyman as Heyman wasn't on the show sadly.

Rest of Smackdown was a bit meh really, a lot of Tribute To The Troops stuff, Escobar and Lashley won easy in their tournament matches, Orton and Knight predictably won the main event. Asuka v Charlotte was interesting as during the commercial break Charlotte apparently hurt her knee when she got caught on the ropes and needed medical attention, the match continued but she was clearly not okay when they came back from the break, they rushed the finish with Asuka winning with a roll up after a Bayley distraction.

Roman Reigns returns next week, there are no advertised WWE shows between the 19th and 25th so it seems the wrestlers will get a Christmas break, Raw does fall on Christmas Day but I have heard that it will be some sort of 'Best Of' compilation.

NXT Deadl1ne is on soon.

Last edited:
NXT Deadl1ne last night.

Dragon Lee won the North American title from Dominik Mysterio in a surprise clean win, Ilja Dragunov retained his NXT title against Baron Corbin, Trick Williams won the men's iron survivor match with Blair Davenport winning the women's match and they both win title shots for their respective titles, Carmelo Hayes beat Lexis King and Kiana James beat Roxanne Perez in a steel cage match with help from Izzi Dame.

The show started with Shawn Michaels and CM Punk who made a surprise appearance, Punk teased that he could be joining NXT but I really don't think it'll happen. There was a nice moment when Michaels complimented the hoodie that Punk was wearing, it was a Bret Hart hoodie.

You don't have to keep watching re-runs of the Patriots at Steelers game from this past Thursday. More NFL games are to be played today and tomorrow! So get ready for more NFL action along with the Philadelphia at Dallas nightcap for Sunday Night Football.

Enjoy today's games! By the way, the Patriots' win at the Steelers somehow put my Houston Texans currently in the Playoff picture.

Raw tonight.

Cody Rhodes v Shinsuke Nakamura
Becky Lynch calls out Nia Jax
CM Punk decides which brand he will join
Rhea Ripley v Maxxine Dupri (non-title)
Drew McIntyre v Jey Uso

Carmelo Hayes will be the NXT competitor taking part in the US title tournament on Smackdown, well over-due call up to the main roster for him, he faces Grayson Waller in the first round on Friday.

Smackdown will be a double-taping this week as they record the show for the 22nd as well, they are definitely giving everyone a week off on Christmas week.

So they pulled the trigger on CM Punk-Seth Rollins interaction last night and holy cow it was good! You really need to see it if you haven't, Punk has joined Raw and declared himself for the Rumble.

I think the Damien Priest will be an interesting element now that Cody Rhodes and CM Punk are set to be the potential World Championship challengers for Wrestlemania. Its very likely he is a Plan B for if either Rhodes, Punk or Rollins are injured and if not hell crash on someones parade after Wrestlemanoa

Last edited:
I think we are heading towards Punk winning the Rumble match to challenge Seth at mania and Cody maybe winning the Elimination Chamber match in Perth to challenge Roman. What they do with Priest will be interesting, I think he will be kicked out of Judgment Day in the meantime.

I think we are heading towards Punk winning the Rumble match to challenge Seth at mania and Cody maybe winning the Elimination Chamber match in Perth to challenge Roman. What they do with Priest will be interesting, I think he will be kicked out of Judgment Day in the meantime.
Might be the other way around since Rhodes is also on Raw, he could just move but I think its easier story wise to have him go to Smackdown after winning the Rumble and challenging Roman.

If Punk wins, it would be ironic. 10 years ago Punk walked out after the Royal Rumble that a guy returns and gets instantly pushed only for Punk to do exactly the same :lol:

I think Rollins v Punk has to be the match at mania, especially after Monday night.

A couple of other CM Punk news, it was announced that his first match back will be at a live event on December 30th v Dominik Mysterio, also he was backstage at NXT last night, he didn't make an appearance but rather gave feedback and advice.

Not sure what to make of this new friendly CM Punk! :lol:

Something or someone will set him off. This is still honeymoon time. Be wary of his actions.

Also, is it me or does it feel like AEW might be on borrowed time if they don't rethink their setup and structure?

I don't watch AEW as its not really available in the UK, but I have seen and heard that ticket sales for their shows is really poor.

Last edited:
Smackdown tonight.

Roman Reigns returns.
US title tournament continues with Grayson Waller v Carmelo Hayes (Smackdown debut for Hayes) and Kevin Owens v Austin Theory.

That's all that's been advertised for now, but you know that Randy Orton will interrupt the Reigns return, plus AJ Styles could make his now long awaited return.

Something or someone will set him off. This is still honeymoon time. Be wary of his actions.

Also, is it me or does it feel like AEW might be on borrowed time if they don't rethink their setup and structure?
The thing Im watching for is Warners bid for Raw which is currently running AEW. Like TNA, losing the TV Deal can be what brings it on life support and if you look at TNA/Impact they are only NOW starting to find ground again.

I lost focus in AEW, its so crowded with 3 shows and ROH which you can't even watch to keep track of and MJF really fallen off as champion trying to copy Roman Reigns never defend the title style which unlike Roman where its only negatively impacting 1 show just to get some PLE hits. MJF being the solo World Champion impacts every show.

Orton did interrupt Roman during his return, he challenged him for a title match at the Rumble in an Okay face-to-face segment, earlier Roman showed some gratitude to the person who kept the Bloodline together and Jimmy was acting like he was talking about him but Roman hugged Solo and thanked him, later on Orton faced Jimmy in the main event which was pretty distraction heavy with Orton winning with an RKO, there was a brawl after involving the Bloodline and Orton/LA Knight. A returning AJ Styles helped the babyfaces out but he then took LA Knight out with a clothesline for some reason.

Charlotte Flair could have sustained a torn ACL during her match with Asuka last week which means nine months out, Carmelo Hayes and Kevin Owens both won in the US title tournament and will face each other next week, the Owens-Theory match was really good. Santos Escobar and Bobby Lashley will also face each other in the tournament and there is a NXT North American title match between Dragon Lee and Butch, next weeks episode was taped last night.

Three title matches on Raw tonight, both tag titles on the line with Gunther v Miz for the IC title, also R-Truth v JD McDonagh in a miracle on 34th street fight.

Three title matches on Raw tonight, both tag titles on the line with Gunther v Miz for the IC title, also R-Truth v JD McDonagh in a miracle on 34th street fight.
I originally thought both meant the Raw and Smackdown Tag Titles separate. I completely forgot the Womens Tag Titles exist :lol:.

Today's (December 18) the birthday of two WWE Hall of Famers- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Trish Stratus. Happy birthday to these two!

Back