FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it into the Top 16 Allstars race for the Manufacturers Series in North America today. Must have been a lot of people not racing today, I'm ranked 37th...

Qualified 15th, as I expected. Did not have a good run at all.

Start on Hards since I'm at the back, get a good clean start and...spin out at Turn 2. Damage the car, and of course a penalty for good measure. Last place by a mile.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Eventually caught the last car and took 15th place again, but I was a good 15 seconds behind the rest of the field.

Can't wait to watch myself be an idiot to a large internet audience. :indiff:

How exactly does that work? I joined 2nd slot thinking star players would be in their natural habitat, lol. Nope. Everyone in my lobby was star player minus myself and two others A+ qualified 10th and points were good but I cruised to 15th as well

Hello
I did my very 1st manufactures series race. I qualified 3rd on soft tires. I did 1 pit stop no tire change only add fuel and finished P2. After all results came in i finished P14?
I only received one .5sec penalty, but it game 1:45 penalty why?
Someone said i must use all 3 tire compounds? Does this mean
Qualy : compound 1
Start race : compound 2
Pit stop: comp 3
Or I must do 2 pit stops in the race?
Start on hard. And do 2 pit stops and change compound?
Thank you

Second try at the Manu went a bit better. For some reason, I tried to join the slipstream train in qualy this time and ended up setting myself back quite a bit. Got stuck behind the guy who qualified P17 and he defended when I tried to go around him. So, I start the race P12. I go with a fuel-saving 3 stop and it mostly worked. I probably lost a place to my own little mistakes - nothing major but I'm still getting used to the new RX-V. I probably also lost a place or two to short-shifting a little too much. I went flat out the final two laps and still had more than a lap left in the tank when I finished. Oh, well. I'll take the P10. I've had too many races today.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200530175922.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200530164112.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200530150825.jpg

Last edited:
There are a couple hundred Star players. That doesn't mean they are in the Top 40 in the current season, especially after the manufacturer shuffle.

So they just join and GT filters out the top 2 players per manufacturer. Multiple lobbies for it or just one like top split since you mention top 40? Hoping after today I get that message myself.

My Nations race, didn’t go well. I qualified 14th as I’m not strong on this track. I was in the top 10 towards the end until I got hit and spun out. Took too long to recover and ended up 18th. Someone got tagged with a 60 sec penalty.

Manu race, my “really slow Toyota” qualified p11. The Supra as we all know is a gas guzzler. So a slower pace was needed because of it. Now. On lap 4 turn 1 I had 3 cars in front of me. We all go through the S but one car loses it on exit spun sideways and hit me off. Of course the silly game gives me a 2 second penalty. So I lost my slipstream so more fuel saving was needed. I finished 15th. I also got called out for being dirty and later of being...

So he claims that I’m really slow and I was blocking him. He decides to bring it out here so I made a vid of our battle and yall be the judge.

I am also posting the incident that he called me dirty.

Looks like good hard defensive driving to me. :)

An aside: I've had posts deleted by the moderators for what they considered attempted shaming with user ID's. Noted.

Last edited:
Is there any prize for most positions gained in a particular race weekend? Was +29 over 3 races due to qualifying issues. And I probably only made 4-5 of those from overtaking on the track. Rest, just watching people slide off course in nearly every corner on the track.

Just did the final slot for Nations. I qualified 6th again, this time only0.4s off pole instead of over 1s off. On my 2nd qualifying lap, I was on track for provisional pole, but somehow lost several tenths in just the chicane and went less than 0.1s faster than my 1st flying lap. Someone in a Peogeot 908 started 2nd...

I passed 2 cars to move into 4th on Lap 2 after they served their penalty from cutting Eau Rouge on the opening lap. It took several laps to get past the 908, who'd fallen to 3rd, but I finally got him out of La Source on Lap 5 thanks to the electric boost from my Toyota. Of course the Peugeot easily got back past me going down Kemmel, but they outbraked themselves at the end of the straight and promptly exited the race. I then spent the rest of the race fighting an R18 for 2nd. They went for a 2-stop strategy, doing a 1-lap stint on Hards in the middle of the race before switching to Mediums to take to the end of the race; and I opted for the same 3-stop strategy I'd been doing all evening of 7S/7S/1M/1H. After my 3rd stop on Lap 15 for Hards, I came out of the pits JUST in front of 3rd place, but they were on worn-but-still-quick Mediums and easily passed me down Kemmel (thanks to their R18's better top end), after which I obviously couldn't fight back due to my tires. In the end, the Top 3 were separated by 4s, and I got the fastest lap and 176 points...which still isn't enough to change my total points score :lol:. If I don't get a better result by the end of Round 13 though, this will be my 4th-best score.

Last edited:
Hello
I did my very 1st manufactures series race. I qualified 3rd on soft tires. I did 1 pit stop no tire change only add fuel and finished P2. After all results came in i finished P14?
I only received one .5sec penalty, but it game 1:45 penalty why?
Someone said i must use all 3 tire compounds? Does this mean
Qualy : compound 1
Start race : compound 2
Pit stop: comp 3
Or I must do 2 pit stops in the race?
Start on hard. And do 2 pit stops and change compound?
Thank you

What a difference racing in a different slot can make. The first race of the night in Manufacturers was a wash with disrespectful driving left and right. Qualified P9 and finished in P11. It had all kinds of door banging over positions that didn't matter, shunts, and pit maneuvers from dive bombs on display. Then the next slot I managed to qualify better in P4 with a great group of drivers that I've raced with before.

20200530221151.jpg

Overall the race was quite uneventful as everyone kept their composure and different pit strategies spread the field out. I spent the first 10 laps just ahead of the Corvette and Lexus above until my pit stops to swap for RH tires for a lap and then take a sip of fuel and slap a set of RS tires on. At that point I was behind, but had plenty of fuel to push hard for the last 9 laps and most of the cars in front of me still had to take their pit stops.

The push was enough to get me in range of the leading two cars, and as we finish lap 18 I saw them peel off into the pits and knew I may have a shot. As I rounded Curva do Sol the leaders were just visible over the pit wall. The leading Corvette exited right as my BMW passed by with enough speed to pull me ahead of the duo by the time we got to the right hander at the end of the straight.

20200530221202.jpg

upload_2020-5-30_22-48-33.jpeg

And because I was still on the worn soft tires I was able to hold them off through the infield twisty bits...

20200530221218.jpg

...and claim my first FIA win ever!!

upload_2020-5-30_22-38-1.jpeg

If you'd like to see the whole race click below.

What a difference racing in a different slot can make. The first race of the night in Manufacturers was a wash with disrespectful driving left and right. Qualified P9 and finished in P11. It had all kinds of door banging over positions that didn't matter, shunts, and pit maneuvers from dive bombs on display. Then the next slot I managed to qualify better in P4 with a great group of drivers that I've raced with before.

View attachment 925702

Overall the race was quite uneventful as everyone kept their composure and different pit strategies spread the field out. I spent the first 10 laps just ahead of the Corvette and Lexus above until my pit stops to swap for RH tires for a lap and then take a sip of fuel and slap a set of RS tires on. At that point I was behind, but had plenty of fuel to push hard for the last 9 laps and most of the cars in front of me still had to take their pit stops.

The push was enough to get me in range of the leading two cars, and as we finish lap 18 I saw them peel off into the pits and knew I may have a shot. As I rounded Curva do Sol the leaders were just visible over the pit wall. The leading Corvette exited right as my BMW passed by with enough speed to pull me ahead of the duo by the time we got to the right hander at the end of the straight.

View attachment 925701

View attachment 925704

And because I was still on the worn soft tires I was able to hold them off through the infield twisty bits...

View attachment 925700

...and claim my first FIA win ever!!

View attachment 925703

If you'd like to see the whole race click below.

Wow. Great strategy, doing both pit stops within 2 laps. And put gas on 2nd pit stop.
Did you start race on Soft. Then go hard. And finish medium

Wow. Great strategy, doing both pit stops within 2 laps. And put gas on 2nd pit stop.
Did you start race on Soft. Then go hard. And finish medium
After watching @Tidgney's stream I loosely follow some of the top guy's strategy and went 10M/1H/9S. During testing I found the M6 chewed the rear tires a bit more than I was comfortable with, so pushing 10 laps on the soft tires like most people were doing wasn't feasible. Instead I ran a bit longer on the mediums and then pushed hard on the softs to finish.

After watching @Tidgney's stream I loosely follow some of the top guy's strategy and went 10M/1H/9S. During testing I found the M6 chewed the rear tires a bit more than I was comfortable with, so pushing 10 laps on the soft tires like most people were doing wasn't feasible. Instead I ran a bit longer on the mediums and then pushed hard on the softs to finish.
Ya, I made mistake and went with Renault rsr. I can run 2 seconds faster on vw bug or BMW M6. But I sign contract. Now I'm stuck w it

Ya, I made mistake and went with Renault rsr. I can run 2 seconds faster on vw bug or BMW M6. But I sign contract. Now I'm stuck w it
What about fuel strategy? Do you keel it on 1 or do you play with fuel mixture

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good night of racing. Improved both my scores by a small amount.

P4 at Nations for 260 points in the R18. Only the big dogs finished ahead of me. This was the “top split” lobby while the Top 16 was happening. Guy who finished P3 tapped me a little bit for the overtake on lap 1, and I should’ve been able to catch him at the end but made some mistakes. Great result though, so I’m happy. 2-stop was the best choice for me.

Also had a good race at Interlagos. It was my first day racing with the new Mazda and it seems pretty nice in race trim. P3 for 245 points. I made some mistakes and let a couple guys by me on the first lap. One of them didn’t leave me space and when I got pushy back with him I got a 2s penalty. My bad. If I hadn’t done that I probably would’ve finished P2 in the end. Again I think the 2-stop was better here. Both FIA races today I felt like I could’ve finished 1 position better but still had a great time and got some good points.

I didn't end up running the last round of the Manufacturer's Championship because my eyes hurt and also, I didn't feel like having to subject myself to that race combo again.

However, I did upload the pass through Raidillon; first time using Share Factory, it's pretty robust so I may be using it in the future. Upon watching the replay I see that I cut in towards the R18 more than I intended to, but luckily any contact made was minimal and we both went out of the corner fine.

Interesting day of racing. Logged Just over 300 miles total. In Manufacturers I had decent pace, but silly penalties Adding up to 4 seconds for all 5 of them held me back. The worst I was reeling in a 650S in my Corvette, clearly faster maybe due to tire strategy, battling for 9th, I finally gave the outside pass a go, leading onto the back straight since He was blocking me for a lap and a half. He went wide trying to keep my from passing, we touched, I got a 2 second penalty. In my frustration I didn’t add fuel when I went to mediums, so had to stop 3 laps from the end for fuel and the hard tires had to go 3 laps because of that error. Ended up 12th. Smh

The second attempt I qualified on pole and won, so qualifying certainly matters. All the other racers could talk about after was how they would have won if this or that didn’t happen. I did get a comment that my wifi was glitchy and to upgrade it. We were having thunderstorms... Usually at least one person will make a positive comment after, but no.

In the GR1 cars I qualified 12th In the R18 after having no draft, a few laps got a little rough, but ended up 6th, not too bad really....but went again And got a Pole and the win. I did have someone attempt an odd pass at the end of the main straight On lap 1, from the outside attempting to out-brake for the lead, it didn’t work for him...Everyone was a bit friendlier after this race and got a congrats or two, which is Always nice.

Hope everyone also had a good days racing!

First crack at the Manufacturer series today. Did one race at 8:10pm and the final one at 10:40pm

Race 1 – I figured I could use the draft to post a great qualifier, yet it didn’t work. So me and the other racer in the WRX were starting near each other: 15 and 16 (me). Lol. I was 1.099s off the pole sitter. To make matters worse, my door number was “2.” Race starts! Before we get through turn one, I get punted off into the grandstands and I’m in last place (along with a 3s penalty). I stick to my strategy, just to see how things will play out.

I work my way up to 8th place when I take my first stop for hard tires (lap 10). I exit the pits in 10th, yet the two racers in front of me pit the following lap. Then on the next lap, two racers exit the pits and I had two car lengths on them heading into turn 4. The racer in the 650S, fresh out the pits, decides to punt me off, so those two get by. I decided to pit for medium tires and a splash of fuel (was planned to pit anyways). I exit the pits still in 12th. Four drivers pitted in a couple of laps, and now I’m back up to 8th (lap 14). I’m catching up to a racer in an AMG with a DBR9 behind me. The racer in the DBR9 decides to use me as a brake and I get punted off under braking for turn 1. When I rejoin the track, I’m 12 (lap 16). And I finish the race in 12th.

Point total – 71.

Race 2 – Decided to be the last car off pit road to qualify. Low in behold, it didn’t make a difference. I started 15th. Some 1.080s from the pole sitter. My door number was “5.” This race was a lot better. Didn’t get punted or shoved off track. Had three good battles with two Porsche racers and one in a Supra, yet I was by myself for the majority of the race. I kept the same strategy as the first race. On the last lap, the entire second sector was yellow, so I couldn’t make a move on the Porsche in front of me. I ended up finishing .340s behind them. 10th overall. I needed another lap.

Point total is now 81. I guess you accumulate less points if you compete in more than one FIA event in the same category on the same day? :confused:

Lessons learned: 1) Qualifying is still not my strength in this game. 2)Enter the last FIA event, because it’s less of a ruckus (thanks @Granadier).

Not big points but Nations combo was kinda fun. After the first race realized the most important thing was to get out ahead early and out of the ridiculous dirty air and traffic. Opted for a 7S 7S 1M 1H strategy, the 14 soft laps kept me well ahead of most of the traffic. Only lost a few second to dirty air with some of the other top drivers I caught up to. Went from 12th to 8th in the non "top 16" top split, I rocket through the grid at the beginning.

unknown.png

Manufacture was a complete mess. No score to show for it, but I can summarize all the races with basically this.

he then rage quit the race after receiving another penalty for the punt and sent me the quoted message in the video over PSN.

Last edited by a moderator:
After an unremarkable 1st Nations slot (15th to 11th) decided to give the last slot a go. Sadly the lobby is utterly stacked and I have door number 20. @SmokeyMR2 joins me in this challenging lobby. My qualifying time isn't atrocious but still only good enough for 18th on the grid.

What followed was a near perfect run and I slowly but steadily fight through the field. After pitting for hards for the last lap I come out and I'm in 9th place, right behind a cluster of cars lead by P4. Couldn't believe how much I'd improved in this race, and perhaps I started to get overly ambitious...

Streaking up the hill out of raidillon I've got wifi password right up my trumpet and cars ahead are weaving around a slow moving ghost serving a penalty. They unghost and start drifting back over to the racing line. I squeeze past with not a single pixel between my wheels and the grass. Just as I'm celebrating my heroic move I realise I'm too late on the brakes for the hard tyres to cope with...... sliding through the corner and over the rumble strips. I then do a really clumsy rejoin and get spun out (not the other cars fault, I left them basically no room) and I end up in the barrier. Have to reverse out of it and end up 16th. Really fun race but oh what it could have been :lol:

How to mess up on the last lap.

I didn't end up running the last round of the Manufacturer's Championship because my eyes hurt and also, I didn't feel like having to subject myself to that race combo again.

However, I did upload the pass through Raidillon; first time using Share Factory, it's pretty robust so I may be using it in the future. Upon watching the replay I see that I cut in towards the R18 more than I intended to, but luckily any contact made was minimal and we both went out of the corner fine.

Great edit

After an unremarkable 1st Nations slot (15th to 11th) decided to give the last slot a go. Sadly the lobby is utterly stacked and I have door number 20. @SmokeyMR2 joins me in this challenging lobby. My qualifying time isn't atrocious but still only good enough for 18th on the grid.

What followed was a near perfect run and I slowly but steadily fight through the field. After pitting for hards for the last lap I come out and I'm in 9th place, right behind a cluster of cars lead by P4. Couldn't believe how much I'd improved in this race, and perhaps I started to get overly ambitious...

Streaking up the hill out of raidillon I've got wifi password right up my trumpet and cars ahead are weaving around a slow moving ghost serving a penalty. They unghost and start drifting back over to the racing line. I squeeze past with not a single pixel between my wheels and the grass. Just as I'm celebrating my heroic move I realise I'm too late on the brakes for the hard tyres to cope with...... sliding through the corner and over the rumble strips. I then do a really clumsy rejoin and get spun out (not the other cars fault, I left them basically no room) and I end up in the barrier. Have to reverse out of it and end up 16th. Really fun race but oh what it could have been :lol:

Unlucky bud, you should have seen how wide my eyes were as I came through there :lol:, I didn't realise that was you until I saw the replay back! :cheers:

Will S ranks go out between stages or only at the end of the whole season?

edit: “Each year, the players at the top of the rankings at the end of each FIA GT Championships Stage or Exhibition Series Season can register as "Star Players" on gran-turismo.com.”

Reads like they go out by stage.

Last edited:
So, yesterdays FIA was bitter sweet. Nations is something I want to forget, but Manu went very good:) I scored 124pts which is my best result ever(after points changed;) Also later I upload short video to you everybody jugde if I was dirty or not... One guy call me names after race, I watched replay, and I see nothing, but Im not neutral so...

This is it, to make it clear its last lap so Im defending preety much, from my perspective it look clean, from his perspective it might look like I pushed him wide on purpouse in last corner... BUT he wasnt even half my car lenght so I think I wasnt suposed to take tighter line line... You guys tell me...

Last edited:

Oh no! Sorry man lol. Good spirit about it 8)

So, yesterdays FIA was bitter sweet. Nations is something I want to forget, but Manu went very good:) I scored 124pts which is my best result ever(after points changed;) Also later I upload short video to you everybody jugde if I was dirty or not... One guy call me names after race, I watched replay, and I see nothing, but Im not neutral so...

This is it, to make it clear its last lap so Im defending preety much, from my perspective it look clean, from his perspective it might look like I pushed him wide on purpouse in last corner... BUT he wasnt even half my car lenght so I think I wasnt suposed to take tighter line line... You guys tell me...

looks good to me, you gotta be crazy to try round the outside there, unless you really get a really good run on them and then they have to leave you a tonne of space because of the camber.
This is my point earlier about the tyre compounds and lack of penalties making everyone super aggressive.
What he should’ve done was fake the outside and cut back on the exit with his extra grip he would’ve probably beaten you to the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back