FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any particular reason they have amended Rounds 8 and Round 10 as seems a bit of a sudden
change.

Just curious, not expecting there is an official answer.

Is there any particular reason they have amended Rounds 8 and Round 10 as seems a bit of a sudden
change.

The Endurance races (non-Top 24, and including the next Endurance race) were no-stops. Maybe this is to encourage people to have a pit strategy

change.

The Endurance races (non-Top 24, and including the next Endurance race) were no-stops. Maybe this is to encourage people to have a pit strategy
It's changed from timed to distance. I wonder if there was a bug with the timed sport mode races - mine certainly went a bit weird on the results screen, but everyone finished where they ought to have.

There is uncertainty how many laps will be done with endurance races. I finished in the pits thinking I had misjudged it and crossed the line in the pit lane as it became a drive through stop. I wonder if I went in slightly earlier if it would have made me stop and I might have lost positons.

We need to teach you how to run manual, my friend. You would be so much faster.
I'd like to read more about this, why is manual faster than automatic?
I'm open to change to manual, but apart of the obvious fuel saving I don't see any objective reason. I never miss a change.

I'd like to read more about this, why is manual faster than automatic?
I'm open to change to manual, but apart of the obvious fuel saving I don't see any objective reason. I never miss a change.

The obvious fuel saving you’ve mentioned. But the main thing is the game when in automatic doesn’t shift at the optimum revs it’s a just a generic shift point for all cars. Prime example is the Chevy or supra concept GR3 cars, you need to shift them early about half rev bar anything after that the car is slower.

Plus the game won’t necessarily put you in the right gear for a corner it’s purely based on the revs and speed at that time, which is not necessarily correct.

The easy answer to it this though is how many race cars irl do you know are automatics? I can’t think of any there is a reason for this.

Regarding the reasoning behind changing round 8 & 10 from timed “endurance” to a specified number of laps, it could be to make it easier for those drivers who struggle with working out how many laps 15 minutes is!

Did nations earlier. Bit of a procession. Started 8th, finished 8th. Was good for 7th until until the last lap when I took too much off a corner, was gifted a penalty, then misjusdged the countdown before the finish line. Left 0.2s on it.

Relaxing lobby warm up beforehand with @Alpha Cipher made me change from using the Lexus to the Nissan. It just seemed more stable.

Today is apparently not my day...

Sainte Croix Gr.2: Qualified 14th, Finished 11th. Could have gone higher if I didn't go ahead and pit during Qualifying...

Monza Gr.3: Qualified 15th, finished 15th. Could have gone higher if I avoided the green Mustang that spun me out on Lap 1.

Same here. Was originally aiming for the Lexus but watching the ongoing race when I started the Lexus has really bad tire wear compared to the Nissan. They're both popular alien A+/S drivers so I can trust the tire wear down to being on the car and not the driver

That said, I need just an ounce more of consistency around there :lol:

So lucky today just ra.ced mfg race. Started at 14 and became last before entering T1.:lol: Finished second last and got 108 point.:D

Most of the grid without pit stop, But i visited the pit.:crazy:

Good luck GTPer.:gtpflag:

Wow that explains how I got turned around, he jumped the second part of the chicane and t-boned my left rear
But then later I took out knuckles accidentally as I made a very clumsy overtake attempt. In real time I thought he moved over to block me but turns out I misjudged the width of our cars.

For nations I was running comfortably 3rd with 2nd showing a 4.2 second penalty. I was able to stay within reach then on lap 3 when trying to fiddle with the fuel map I accidentally pressed the PS button :ouch:. So lucky I was able to return and not lose too much time. If it weren't for auto-drive I wouldn't have walked away with 1700 points.

Edit: apologies for the supposed "name and shame" didn't mean to but I can see why it was edited out

Last edited:
Wow that explains how I got turned around, he jumped the second part of the chicane and t-boned my left rear
But then later I took out knuckles accidentally as I made a very clumsy overtake attempt. In real time I thought he moved over to block me but turns out I misjudged the width of our cars.

For nations I was running comfortably 3rd with 2nd showing a 4.2 second penalty. I was able to stay within reach then on lap 3 when trying to fiddle with the fuel map I accidentally pressed the PS button :ouch:. So lucky I was able to return and not lose too much time. If it weren't for auto-drive I wouldn't have walked away with 1700 points.
Didn’t recognise your GTR during the race. Always nice to meet GTPer at whatever situation.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up in the later lobby with Nik Makozi and co. Screwed qualifying up, woulda had pole but that was the risk I took going for one hot lap. Went from 13th to 5th. Without silly penalties I'd have got 3rd. Made up for it a bit, was a fun race. That's what counts innit?
Hehehe, that was quite some fun for this night. And seeing Holl doing what seems to be a two stopper made my day!

Oh, and it was unfortunate for you to give up on Manufacturer Series... Only 4.4K points total, while I got 4.9K points...

I’m second for McLaren, will I be able to race in top 24 Manufacturing?

No because McLaren are too low to get in, the higher manufacturers will beat you to it.

Remember there's only 24 slots with a 2 manufacturer limit, that means as little as the Top 12 Manufacturers in your region could get in.

So lucky today just raced mfg race. Started at 14 and became last before entering T1.:lol: Finished second last and got 108 point.:D

Most of the grid without pit stop, But i visited the pit.:crazy:

Good luck GTPer.:gtpflag:

The only thing worse than Monza is Monza with standing start:D

I'll save my DR and nerves and skip it, B/S on Monza is just like it sounds..

Can’t figure out the flow of St Croix A whatsoever. Just seems like a hypnotic sequence of identical corners one after another, especially the first 2/3rds. Then add in the fuel consumption.

Don’t like to do it but I’m doing a race with my European account just to try and figure out what’s going on.

Mine is online as well, doing both superstars today hopefully, although not feeling confident on Croix with gr2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back