FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my final GR.4 race of the Manufacterer Series was...meh. Kinda sums up how my season has been in it really, nothing special or really note worthy, Just seems like I existed and finished, that's it. Qualifying was nothing to really ride home about and then the race was just a struggle. Not with any driver, but just to try and be competitive, period.

With that done, hopefully the final race for GR.3 (and the season overall) goes better. Its at a track I've won twice at and had the speed to run away from the field. I don't expect to be that lucky now that I'm up racing with people in A rank, but what an end it would be if I could cap off a third consecutive season with a win.

I've done the maths and I think you're pretty safe, especially when you are currently the 2nd kiwi
I got bored at work and created this spreadsheet to see where exactly I stand in terms of Nations Cup regional finals
I did a similar thing using the season 2 results to estimate what score I would need to get to the regionals and currrently it is about right at 1600 ish average to qualify (if you are not Japanese)

If anyone has any time to go through it I am considering trying my luck at the T24 race
I think I need about 1500 points (improving on my current lowest of 1291) to "safely" maintain 10th in Australia
If I manage to squeak in to T24 I would probably be near last but might be able to generate an ok score of 1000 plus 2.5x whatever it is for not coming last
I basically have to choose between risking scoring nothing (1000 which isn't improving my score) or try to go for a podium in a non T24 room with my tanked 48k DR
The other thing is I don't have much time available to practice this round so I won't be able to be 100% confident in whatever I decide

You're looking okay. If I'm right you're sitting 25th at the moment excluding the ineligibles so you may need someone to sit it out to make it in, which is risky,

Tbh I just hope (particularly in hyper competitive Europe) that peoples entire seasons aren't ruined by being disconnected through no fault of their own, and thus losing out to someone who benefits from the somewhat ridiculous 2.5x lottery race.

Driving the same car over and over again for 6-7 months will get really boring.
I hope we can change manufacturer in the off-season season.

Last race of the season and my form this season of picking up most of my points when the top 24 is scheduled continues. These races are just not as close.

Summary is I was too tentative on track limits to come any closer to the front but a good race none the less with a couple of tight battles.

Last edited:
Very very annoying to once again be in the top 7 and be put in a wall, wholly intentionally, by some ass and end up in 17th with no hope of recovery. At least the guy finished 14th himself.

Ah well overall its been fun playing the season, even if it is just a reminder I'm not very good!

Nations Cup - Le Mans Gr.1
Handicapped myself here and used the XJR-9. Qualified 14th, finished in 12th place for this one. Ended up getting punted twice by the same d-bag in a Peugeot L750R. Needless to say I was miffed.

Manufacturers Series - Interlagos Gr.3
Been running with Renault the entire time. Qualified for 6th. Drove like garbage though during the actual race (made mistakes, accidentally cut corners and was penalized as a result) but I still finished 5th place.

Anyway, I'm assuming this is the end, so I suppose I never have to use these two Renaults ever again. Megane Trophy got nerfed to hell while the RS01 GT3 was always... well, bad.

So I was just about to do the top 24 superstars race, I had position 24 reserved to get in, and so I decided to go to the toilet quickly but of course I had to disconnect my ethernet cable with my leg at one minute to go before the lobby started.

Oh man, if it was just a minute earlier, I might've been alright to just get back in.

Gutted.

So I was just about to do the top 24 superstars race, I had position 24 reserved to get in, and so I decided to go to the toilet quickly but of course I had to disconnect my ethernet cable with my leg at one minute to go before the lobby started.

Oh man, if it was just a minute earlier, I might've been alright to just get back in.

Gutted.

Congratulations, you just won the GT Sport version of the Darwin Awards :lol:

Gutted.
Ooops!

Meanwhile, I had an eventful Manufacturer Series race against @xxxman1 and @Pubs16 :)

For those of you missing football today.

I still don't get how Makozi works... I thought it was a two-man team made by Nik, to teach Akademik about stuff (you know, academic, Akademik?). But the description says Akademik is the veteran driver of the two :confused:
@K32 might hopefully clear this up

Anyway, good luck to all! Sorry it's a bit late. Enjoy the last race of the season :cheers:

I still don't get how Makozi works... I thought it was a two-man team made by Nik, to teach Akademik about stuff (you know, academic, Akademik?). But the description says Akademik is the veteran driver of the two :confused:

Anyway, good luck to all! Sorry it's a bit late. Enjoy the last race of the season :cheers:
Nik’s nations is on now 👍

Predictably people got booted but in the Asian region that might not be too costly. In Europe it'll be game over.

It's actually not a problem in Nations for most of Europe as the places have been sealed. Most are racing just for the fun of it :P. Mainly because of the 3 country cap now if 10 people were allowed to enter per country and only 3 qualified then it would be an issue!

Is the Nations race at Le Mans today a no stopper? I was hoping to run it in a 787B but it seems like you can't unless you're imaginative with the fuel settings.

It's actually not a problem in Nations for most of Europe as the places have been sealed. Most are racing just for the fun of it :P. Mainly because of the 3 country cap now if 10 people were allowed to enter per country and only 3 qualified then it would be an issue!
Ah yeah true!

Predictably people got booted but in the Asian region that might not be too costly. In Europe it'll be game over.
So, no T24SS for both Nations and Manufacturers? Or is it just Nations?

Speaking of which, I ended up using the 2016 R18 (which is the car that @Sidawg2 planned to use in the T24) and qualified 12th, and finished in 8th. One funny moment is that a Malaysian that started in 11th spun out at the beginning.

FYI for Manufacturers, I qualified 8th, finished 6th, way ahead of other "Team GTPlanet" guys.

Ooops!

Meanwhile, I had an eventful Manufacturer Series race against @xxxman1 and @Pubs16 :)
Always happy to meet GTPers in race.:gtpflag:

It was my best race this season. A little bit embarrassing that the best means started 7th and crossed the line at 10th with around 900 point.:yuck:

It would probably my last Dr S rank race in the near future. Good luck to you all.:cheers:

So, no T24SS for both Nations and Manufacturers? Or is it just Nations?

Just a few drivers disconnected. The races went ahead. Nations finished with 21 and manufacturers with 23 drivers.

And according to a guy with an ARTA HSV-010 avatar, either Saika or Kerokkuma can pull a Derek and limp Subaru to the Top 16, so that @BLKJ Evolution and @Jamie Ducie can go with either of them...

Kerokkuma finished 7th for 7000+ points. That could be enough to get them in:tup:

Perhaps someone can ask him at the Regional finals. :sly:

I take it you advised him to contact the organisers about eligibility and they confirmed this?

How was your race?

Definitely not, Nik probably did that on his own initiative (good to see he wants to find out more) :)
He mentioned that he was invited to go to the World Tour Event in Salzburg in his second last stream, but couldn't go because he wasn't 18.

@sundaydriving my race didn't go so well, encountered a fleet of Japanese dive-bombers that didn't know better. :(

What about you?

What date in October though? because the Asian regional finals are very early October.

I suspect he might turn 18 before October, I'm not sure.

@mclarenLB Btw when are the Asian regional finals?

Last edited:
Just been booted from Manufacturers Europe race after the first page showing drivers. Was expecting to see a garage and my car, but the next thing was the Sport mode screen. Hope this means I can try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back