FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a bit late to get this?

_20180928_001043.JPG

Does anyone know if we will be able to change our manufacturer between seasons or nah?

Of the 16 races across both Championships 7 are on reverse layouts, and also Gr races at Miyabi and Willow! Might drop by for the F1, Gr1 and N24 races but that's it :lol:

Now lets be serious, why's there no XP gained for the final champonships standings?! Come on, I want that level 50 and that platinum trophy! :lol:

Edit: Also, they could come up with some nice in-game prizes for the events participantsand winners: big time in-game credits, some unique cars or liveries (idk, Red Bull lunar rover?! lol, you get the idea). And also something to make them distingushed so that other players that might not know much about the events realize that they're racing against a champion or a live-event participant, like little stars above their flag!

Last edited:
I asked a few hours ago in an another thread the same question, but maybe it wasn't noticed that much, so I'll try it here again :)

At practising for Manufacturer Le Mans today I noticed that the Cayman behaved during braking not like before. Its much more unstable, while before the uptade beeing one of the most stable Gr.4 cars

If you try to steer during braking from higher speed at the Indianapolis Arnage for example, the car wants to spin ?!?

I can't remember that that I ever spoon in GTS from braking ?!? Its like as if they weakened the effect of ABS.

In the patch notes its only mentioned that the tire wear and the TCS 2 (which I don't use) had been changed, but there is no word of physics change at all

Do you have similair experiences recently?

I asked a few hours ago in an another thread the same question, but maybe it wasn't noticed that much, so I'll try it here again :)

At practising for Manufacturer Le Mans today I noticed that the Cayman behaved during braking not like before. Its much more unstable, while before the uptade beeing one of the most stable Gr.4 cars

If you try to steer during braking from higher speed at the Indianapolis Arnage for example, the car wants to spin ?!?

I can't remember that that I ever spoon in GTS from braking ?!? Its like as if they weakened the effect of ABS.

In the patch notes its only mentioned that the tire wear and the TCS 2 (which I don't use) had been changed, but there is no word of physics change at all

I noticed the same thing in the Lexus last night, in fact, I had to adjust my rear brakes from 4 to 0 due to the rears constantly locking up under heavy braking.

The car was much more lively under braking, but once I adapted to the change it really helped my turn in. It’s a step towards more realistic physics in my opinion, but it’ll catch you out if you’re not cautious or hopping into a race without practice.

Last edited:

I noticed the same thing in the Lexus last night, in fact, I had to adjust my rear brakes from 4 to 0 due to the rears constantly locking up under heavy braking.

The car was much more lively under braking, but once I adapted to the change it really helped my turn in. It’s a step towards more realistic physics in my opinion, but it’ll catch you out if you’re not cautious or hopping into a race without practice.

I had to change the brake bias on the GT3 porsche more to the front too! It surely is more sensible now.

I noticed the same with the Vantage. I'm losing the rear often in heavy braking.

Nice to see PD is still updating their physics engine.

The GT-R seems wriggly when braking on the straight, but that could be the road or me being useless.

I'm having to use front brake bias on the Group 4 Lexus lest I bin it. Strange because I had all rear brakes on the Group 3 Lexus at St Croix and that felt fine.

I noticed the same with the Vantage. I'm losing the rear often in heavy braking.

Yes. It's really stupid... I'm not doing this race precisely because of that. The chances of screwing up other people or being screwed by a bump from someone under braking is too high for my liking. The difference between the handling under braking between some of the cars is too big. The Aston already sucks under braking and corner entry. I don't need to be overtaken by the rear at +200km/h while braking.

A patch notice would've been nice, because obviously there is a difference.

Is the braking assist in FIA races allowed? Because the users of it could have an advantage.

That leads to the famous point, that assists do not slow you down in GTS, they generally boost you up.

Assists should protect you from losing control, but they should have a price in form of less speed overall.

No extended Qualy on Le Mans :confused:
Anyway, top1 for Mclaren, gr4 is good but
gr3 has some serious issues or I am just bad at driving it.

I don’t know if it is the issue but in my case although my abs seemed to be set to default it was actually set to weak (I could see when I looked at member lists in lobbies) I was losing the car in high speed breaking and had to go into the menu set it to off, then go back in and set it to default.

I got my timing all wrong at Le Mans in qualifying, missed out on the finish line by about 100 metres. I managed to fight back up to 5th from last but the TT isn't in the same race as any of the other Gr.4 cars and the tyres were finished after a couple of laps. It was fun fighting through though so I didn't do a qualifying lap for the Brands Hatch race for more of the same, the R8 is the exact opposite of the TT. Fast, easy to drive and nice on its tyres. Somehow I got a clean race bonus from 17th on the grid and 16 positions gained (a lot were from people falling off the track).

I might just give up on qualifying for these longer races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back