FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get to do one of these last time, so I'm proud (geddit?) to announce that I will be driving for Nissan this season:

20190607200557.jpg

… and then when the month ends, back to normal liveries, pictured here in my first attempt at one of these split-shots:

20190606204415.jpg

From jubiliation...

20190606204421.jpg

… to despair. Hopefully not a fitting metaphor for the next two rounds. My eternal thanks to @Maninashed and @redhed17 for the Lucozade decals.

Good luck everyone!

Well, current free practice time is 1:39.675 at Interlagos. A little over two seconds slower than the top 10 in EMEA. So, I'm hoping for something similar in qualifying, tomorrow.

Ran a custom lobby with settings matched. On my own, at what i consider my race pace, I did ten laps between 1:40.507, and 1:41.258. How that all translates to the actual race tomorrow, remains to be seen.

Haven't decided whether I'm taking part in the Nations race, yet. If I do, it'll be in the NSX, as I need more practice in the Gr.3 car. Seems to be a fairly easy no stop on hards, from my limited testing so far.

Just quit the Nations Race. What the hell? I qualify 7th in an A/S, S./S room and its like bonkers! I gave people room as I knew it would be a bit frantic until the race settles down. Nope. I had a couple wobbly moments, but players don't give a crap. Especially when it's players on here. I was like, alright, a race against many of them. Ahh forget it my freakin' whining.... Gonna delete and reinstall my game and start from the bottom. Just silly silly silly...

Just quit the Nations Race. What the hell? I qualify 7th in an A/S, S./S room and its like bonkers! I gave people room as I knew it would be a bit frantic until the race settles down. Nope. I had a couple wobbly moments, but players don't give a crap. Especially when it's players on here. I was like, alright, a race against many of them. Ahh forget it my freakin' whining.... Gonna delete and reinstall my game and start from the bottom. Just silly silly silly...

Worst lobby I’ve ever been in. Players should be named and shamed.

Sorry about the punt mate but that VW shoves you into my path.

Worst lobby I’ve ever been in. Players should be named and shamed.

Sorry about the punt mate but that VW shoves you into my path.
There was the one you called out at the start. That player was wild in another race I raced them in. I tried to steer clear of that player but they just ran thru me at the first chicane. Ridiculous.

The Beetle sure enough jumps in front of me and slams on the brakes. I anticipated that move that's why I moved over to the left. I gave it so much room to make that move. I was in cruise mode after the first lap.

Shame you put in the lap and it came undone. I didn't see what happened, but none of those bumsrushers gave a crap.

There was the one you called out at the start. That player was wild in another race I raced them in. I tried to steer clear of that player but they just ran thru me at the first chicane. Ridiculous.

The Beetle sure enough jumps in front of me and slams on the brakes. I anticipated that move that's why I moved over to the left. I gave it so much room to make that move. I was in cruise mode after the first lap.

Shame you put in the lap and it came undone. I didn't see what happened, but none of those bumsrushers gave a crap.
I’ll go again and wipe the floor with them..

Got my tyres shredded by people divebombing and tapping me into slides at interlagos. Remained in 4th until someone tried to pass two people at once and pushed me straight off at turn 4 before I started turning in. Really poor driving for the second split.

I don't even know what the say about the Nations race... I had a chance at a podium and got screwed over by a dumb **** Hyundai driver who think's it's his right to hold his line and compromise mine. I had a good run on a Porsche coming out of the hairpin, and got alongside him. Fair play, but the Hyundai driver decided that he should go alongside me and make it three wide into the next complex. I got stuck between the Porsche and Hyundai, so I had absolutely nowhere to go and I got shoved in the back, sending me around and putting me back to 18th place. Absolutely disgraceful driving. I ended up last after making two mistakes of my own and I am furious with the result. I want to do another race but it might not be any better for me. However I just want a decent result and I should give myself another chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't fill me with confidence for my races tonight. Here's to hoping EMEA B/S lobbies are a little cleaner.

The races are shorter this season. So, is it a case of people being a little more desperate to gain position? Or do you think it's down to the way the penalty system seems to be issuing penalties, at the moment?

That doesn't fill me with confidence for my races tonight. Here's to hoping EMEA B/S lobbies are a little cleaner.

The races are shorter this season. So, is it a case of people being a little more desperate to gain position? Or do you think it's down to the way the penalty system seems to be issuing penalties, at the moment?
The bad drivers, have figured they can create more havok for good drivers, by working their way up to the A/S, S/S races. No word of a lie.

I’ve never seen or been a part of a clean race at Gardens in anything faster than Gr.4. It’s always a combo I try to avoid. Close racing there is way too challenging for most people.

Against better judgment, I signed for the meme team (aka Mitsubishi) :lol: I understand now why they finished stone dead last last season. The Evo Gr.4 just hits a brick wall on the straights. Even by shifting my line for maximum exit speed out of the last corner, plus drafting another car all the way down the straight, other cars just sails by me on the outside like I'm on Fuel Map 6 :ill: The Gr.3 car also has a similar problem. Subaru has similar top speed but it's better in acceleration and braking. Mazda has lower top speed but the Gr.3 car handles amazing and has the highest BOP torque making it pretty good in hilly sections. The poor Evo has nothing going for it :lol: Even if I qualify in 1st, I'll just drop like a stone at the slightest sign of a straight. Might as well drive in reverse for Monza and La Sarthe :crazy:

If there are any aliens who haven't signed, I challenge you to join Minardi-subishi. Slowbaru has TRL_LIGHTNING. We need a saviour for their long term arch rival :D

Against better judgment, I signed for the meme team (aka Mitsubishi) :lol: I understand now why they finished stone dead last last season. The Evo Gr.4 just hits a brick wall on the straights. Even by shifting my line for maximum exit speed out of the last corner, plus drafting another car all the way down the straight, other cars just sails by me on the outside like I'm on Fuel Map 6 :ill: The Gr.3 car also has a similar problem. Subaru has similar top speed but it's better in acceleration and braking. Mazda has lower top speed but the Gr.3 car handles amazing and has the highest BOP torque making it pretty good in hilly sections. The poor Evo has nothing going for it :lol: Even if I qualify in 1st, I'll just drop like a stone at the slightest sign of a straight. Might as well drive in reverse for Monza and La Sarthe :crazy:

If there are any aliens who haven't signed, I challenge you to join Minardi-subishi. Slowbaru has TRL_LIGHTNING. We need a saviour for their long term arch rival :D

I am driving for Mitsubaru, not for slowbaru mate xD

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_132312.jpg
    IMG_20190608_132312.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32
Here's my serious Manufacturer Tier List and who I genuinely expect to qualify:

Mazda has a high chance to qualify? We ran a Gr.4 test the other night in a sort-of-FIA-standard room and the Atenza was still the carafe of yak urine it's been since October 2017. Is the Gr.3 now seriously overpowered to compensate?

I'm about to switch to one of your impossibru brands from Mazda, because the Gr.4 is way better over a race distance (tyres) and on a par for lap pace and it has a gimme Gr.3 car...

Mazda has a high chance to qualify? We ran a Gr.4 test the other night in a sort-of-FIA-standard room and the Atenza was still the carafe of yak urine it's been since October 2017. Is the Gr.3 now seriously overpowered to compensate?

I'm about to switch to one of your impossibru brands from Mazda, because the Gr.4 is way better over a race distance (tyres) and on a par for lap pace and it has a gimme Gr.3 car...

This takes the quality of drivers that have already signed for each manufacturer this season into heavy consideration, Akagi is sticking with Mazda after finishing the Pre-Season in 1st place overall with it (and then fails to qualify for New York despite winning his region thanks to the broken system, but that's another topic...) and @Slentom has gone with Mazda this season in EMEA after doing very well with VW in the Pre-Season, meaning they're likely to get at least a Top 15 here as well I'd say.

This is now starting to cause a snowball effect of people going Mazda in other regions as they're realising its an 'easy spot' now these drivers are on board. I'd be surprised to see Mazda not qualify this season.

The Gr.3 Atenza is a good car, the Gr.4 suffers simply from the fact that it's a 4WD and destroys it's tyres. But in my eyes if one of the top 5-6 drivers in every region raced with it they could make the cut.

Really outstanding stuff at Interlagos. Not easy to pass so people instead try divebombing from five carlengths back.

See: 11:50 in the link;

Not sure how you can paste a youtube link without it embedding.

My two races up, not what I had hoped for, but as always, I had a lot of fun!

Big thank you to those who watched my stream and helped me out with interlagos tips before the 2nd round, really appreciated the support and help, as I was floundering so hard :D probably wouldn't have finished where I did without you guys.

This takes the quality of drivers that have already signed for each manufacturer this season into heavy consideration, Akagi is sticking with Mazda after finishing the Pre-Season in 1st place overall with it (and then fails to qualify for New York despite winning his region thanks to the broken system, but that's another topic...) and @Slentom has gone with Mazda this season in EMEA after doing very well with VW in the Pre-Season, meaning they're likely to get at least a Top 15 here as well I'd say.

This is now starting to cause a snowball effect of people going Mazda in other regions as they're realising its an 'easy spot' now these drivers are on board. I'd be surprised to see Mazda not qualify this season.
Yes, the winning manufacturer in each region - and its driver in that region - should qualify for the WT automatically, regardless of other factors. The global points system should decide the rest of the six (do we know if Toyota is guaranteed a spot at all WT events or just the Final?) or more (if a brand wins in multiple regions) qualifiers.

For me, the Gr.3 Mazda has never been great. It's been good, but nowhere near good enough to make up the points you lose with the godawful Gr.4 car which is too heavy, not powerful enough and munches tyres like Honey Boo Boo munches sketti. I can get decent enough finishes with the Gr.3 (largely because I don't often fall off the track) but barely enough to sustain my DR, while the Gr.4 just slashes my DR points all over Woolies' doorway... and I prefer Gr.4 races :lol:

My Gr.4 testing pre-update gave me a clearer idea of where the cars rank, although PD then mucked that up for me :lol: We did a test with my custom BOP post-update on Tuesday evening, and even with a substantial buff I couldn't get the Atenza into a race-distance contention. The tyre life is a major problem, but there's also the fact it drops off 5% over the tyre's life, compared to 2.5%-3% for some of the other cars*; basically it struggles more with worn tyres, which - as you know - wears the tyres more. My alternative brand (with little change) was right in the mix until I crashed it and then did two thirds of the race on softs compared to the Atenza barely completing the race (with a more advantageous BOP) on mediums...

But you have my chosen brand as a no-hoper :lol:

*When I test, I test HARD. I've completely filled a Google Docs worksheet with this!

Hardware issues forced me to revert from a wheel back to a DS4 after a long time, I don't recommend it.

Chose McLaren for this season. Had a clean Manufacturer race but was well off the pace unfortunately.

I had Pug as 1 of my 3 potentials, but I am guessing that someone good has gone for them? I am also guessing someone good will choose Mazda in EMEA as well, so I think I have my answer on who to choose - just need to get the liveries sorted :)

If anyone is still confused on who to choose then maybe the vid below might help. Not sure that the sample size of tracks is big enough but it is interesting to see what cars he found to be best.

It’s very interesting, pretty accurate against my own tests. Few exceptions but that does seem to be a symptom of driving style differences. I agree the Porsche gr3 was nerfed. I expected it. PD needed to spread the field of players out a bit.
When I imagine which car might be buffed or nerfed, I look at the player distribution, results and imagine the board room meetings PD holds when talking licensing renewal with each manufacturer.
If you are in last all the time, you’re going to threaten to pull your money out. Example, Ferrari claims to hate eRacing and puts almost nothing in, so they get nothing (no love from PD or others) in return.
Porsche is a great manufacturer, if you can manage TCS during the race. Zero to start, up to 2 with worn/red tires. I agree with him though, it certainly has been nerfed. I happened to be testing it before and after the previous maintenance/update.
Ole sneaky PD! :lol:

Looks like all my plans today were cancelled due to a dead battery in my car so I will actually make the first Manufacturer race. Should probably get to doing some laps before it starts. Didn't practice as I thought I wouldn't be running...

My two races up, not what I had hoped for, but as always, I had a lot of fun!

Big thank you to those who watched my stream and helped me out with interlagos tips before the 2nd round, really appreciated the support and help, as I was floundering so hard :D probably wouldn't have finished where I did without you guys.

Great videos. Is interlagos really a 0-stop flat out the whole time? Did you need to manage your tires at all to keep them so fresh towards the end?

I was sold on Chevy at the start of the preseason out of personal preference, but didn't perform well and seems like it's not a competitive pick overall. Part of me wants to stick with my preseason choice, but I've been performing better in the Lexus and I'm tempted to make the switch to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back