FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re my post above about it starting on mixed compounds, I've checked my recording, and here is what I did. I first went into driving options, and changed the rear from medium to hard. I didn't spot that the front setting was above it, I had only seen one setting for tyre compound. As I wasn't happy at that stage, I then went into car settings, and changed the front from medium to hard there. I 100% for certain exited the car settings page with both tyres set to hard, but it started me on medium front and hard rear, i.e. only what I did in the driving options page took effect. I'll post this in the bug thread.

What tires are available for the Manu race? And is it mandatory to use both compounds?
Thanks in advance! :cheers:

What tires are available for the Manu race? And is it mandatory to use both compounds?
Thanks in advance! :cheers:

Hard and Medium & it says that both are required.

I'm really considering skipping the nations tonight, cannot stand the wet tracks, they just have disaster written all over them, especially seen as I'll likely end up in the top split again, against all the aliens that don't make mistakes.

Wet driving in GT Sport just feels like I need ice skates to go around corners, just no grip at all to ridiculous levels.

Hello,
With the new times I only manage 1 race mebe, got 1 manf done,
Chevrolet, qualifying 45.0 wasn't thrilled wasn't terrible started 12th on the hards did 18 laps I think my best was a 45.8 and worst was 46.3ish did the mediums I think the best was a 45.3,
Came back out into a pack got a penalty through the chicane, faster guys pulled away the messier guys fell behind, finished 9th with one out of fuel and 1 with tyre penalty,

Nations qualified 11th, finished 16th.
I kept sliding off track, should of practiced :banghead: gotta brake super early, slower is quicker.

Manu qualified 9th, finished 10th :)
I did two stops but I probably could of gotten away with one if I’d been easier on the mediums at the start, their good for 12-13Laps.

Last edited:
Qualified 17th, and ended up in 10th in the NSX. Very happy with that! Was 12th util two wipe outs on the last corner before the finish line. Goes to show it aint over til its over. To try something a little different, i'd been practicing using cockpit cam. In the NSX its RHD and it's decent. As the race was about to begin i switched to bumper cam, as i didn't want to screw up anyones race due to visibility issues. I didn't realize it but i'd practiced so much using the cockpit view that when I switched to bumper cam for the first lap. I completely lost my orientation, so I switched back after that lap and found my groove. No collisions, but I was hyper vigilant about my situational awareness.

Super happy tonight ! The race that I thought would be a disaster proved to be my best FIA point haul so far. AND AND AND I AM NOW A AAAA DRIVER ! :gtpflag:
I honestly thought that the short track would be a disaster for the qualifying but I ended up lapping a good lap early and ended up 4th (with 13 on the door) At the end of the day, I ended up on the PODIUM as third after the car infant of me was penalized for not using both compounds. I think there were 3-4 in the room behind me that had the same penalty.
Check out the edited race here (with my exotic Swedish accent as commentary) :cheers:

fullsizeoutput_9fda.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s strange is they have you start on the medium tyre instead of hard :boggled:
Surely it makes more sense to make the switch to medium after the fuel burn phase for less weight and wear, but you know PD logic :confused: unless they think we need to start on the most grip and burn through them in 6-8laps.

Did anyone qualify on Hards or manage to make the switch after setting the lap to make it start you on that compound?

Super happy tonight ! The race that I thought would be a disaster proved to be my best FIA point haul so far. AND AND AND I AM NOW A AAAA DRIVER ! :gtpflag:
I honestly thought that the short track would be a disaster for the qualifying but I ended up lapping a good lap early and ended up 4th (with 13 on the door) At the end of the day, I ended up on the PODIUM as third after the car infant of me was penalized for not using both compounds. I think there were 3-4 in the room behind me that had the same penalty.
Check out the edited race here (with my exotic Swedish accent as commentary) :cheers:
View attachment 856708

Congratulations on achieving your A rating and for a podium finish for tonights Manu!! Also excellent editing. Like you, I was expecting pure mayhem in my race tonight, but it was pretty civilized for the most part.

What’s strange is they have you start on the medium tyre instead of hard :boggled:
Surely it makes more sense to make the switch to medium after the fuel burn phase for less weight and wear, but you know PD logic :confused: unless they think we need to start on the most grip and burn through them in 6-8laps.

Did anyone qualify on Hards or manage to make the switch after setting the lap to make it start you on that compound?
I qualified on hards. I wanted to pit and switch to mediums, but with such a short track there was always traffic so after I got a decent qualifying lap I gave up on switching compounds.

I won my first FIA race tonight!!! Got pole in Austria, weathered (get it?) a few sharp elbows and took off to build up a twelve second lead that got thoroughly tested with the deteriorating tires. It ended up being a no stop because I was reluctant to give up the lead unless someone else blinked first. Huge sigh of relief crossing the finish line!

This was in a DR B/C room so more F3 than F1 but will take that W! Moved up in rank and competition for the next race and started 2nd and finished 5th so I’m feeling okay in the rain.

Now at DR S so if I manage to muscle my way on to the TV for the last race I’ll likely take up my customary mid pack position. Should be interesting to see where I end up...

And as I suspected I did terribly. I started 19th and finished 17th in my 'Vette in the Manufacturer's race. I did finish better than I started, which is more than what I can say for most of my recent FIA races...but I did 2 stops, 10 laps on Meds, 10 on Hards, then 10 on Meds. I had a great 3-car battle with an Aston and a Lexus until my 1st pit stop. 1st and 2nd also lapped me, and I was gaining slowly on 15th and 16th but ran out of laps. Miraculously I also got a clean race bonus. To my surprise there were 2 other Corvettes in the race, and they both started and finished ahead of me. One of them even qualified in the Top 5 and finished in the Top 10.

Also, the game absolutely refuses to properly save any of my FIA race replays! 🤬:banghead: I have 101mb currently free in my system, which should be more than enough for a replay, but for the better part of a year this game has only been saving partial replays of my FIA races. It'll save literally any other replay fully, but keeps only saving part of the FIA races.

Started 18th and finished 8th in Manu CSA region in the WRX. I'm not comfortable at this track and have been playing so much WRC 8 and Assetto Corsa Competizione lately that I was even thinking of skipping it due to lack of practice. Glad I stuck around. Did twelve laps on mediums and eighteen on hards. I probably couldn't have gotten a top five even if I had qualified better. Sixth would have been my ceiling in this one. So I guess I'm pleasantly surprised. I was ready to write off the race after qualy. Subaru power...

_20191010_000324.JPG

And as I suspected I did terribly. I started 19th and finished 17th in my 'Vette in the Manufacturer's race. I did finish better than I started, which is more than what I can say for most of my recent FIA races...but I did 2 stops, 10 laps on Meds, 10 on Hards, then 10 on Meds. I had a great 3-car battle with an Aston and a Lexus until my 1st pit stop. 1st and 2nd also lapped me, and I was gaining slowly on 15th and 16th but ran out of laps. Miraculously I also got a clean race bonus. To my surprise there were 2 other Corvettes in the race, and they both started and finished ahead of me. One of them even qualified in the Top 5 and finished in the Top 10.

Also, the game absolutely refuses to properly save any of my FIA race replays! 🤬:banghead: I have 101mb currently free in my system, which should be more than enough for a replay, but for the better part of a year this game has only been saving partial replays of my FIA races. It'll save literally any other replay fully, but keeps only saving part of the FIA races.

I’ve noticed that too, it seems to happen if you don’t beat the clock / complete the race because you where lapped, it ends your race early by not having to do the full race distance, if your in a lower position you can cheat by using the richest fuel mix.
It doesn’t show the continued full lap times and fast forwarding or going to the timer instantly crashes the replay.

I’ve noticed that too, it seems to happen if you don’t beat the clock / complete the race because you where lapped, it ends your race early by not having to do the full race distance, if your in a lower position you can cheat by using the richest fuel mix.
It doesn’t show the continued full lap times and fast forwarding or going to the timer instantly crashes the replay.
I've had it happen to me several times when I finished within a few seconds of the leader, and once even when I won! Most of the other occurrences were specifically at Blue Moon Bay though.

@GTWolverine Make sure that the setting on the PS4 is set to record 1 hour. Sounds like you run out of recording time.
This is for the game's own replay save function, not the PS4 share feature. I'll probably post this to the game bug forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had it happen to me several times when I finished within a few seconds of the leader, and once even when I won! Most of the other occurrences were specifically at Blue Moon Bay though.

Maybe it disappeared into a black hole.
Are 24hr endurance replays even possible from custom races???

Finally i did one more nation RBR wet again today on my BR account.
I've take a small bump 1st lap 1st corner , enough to fall down in 19th position.
I've taken it easy and reach a good pace without mistakes till the end , coming back to a 5th place and a 1532 points , Good to take.
This was not a fun race at all , but for sure , it was a good practice for concentration at least.

Well this nations cup in RBR couldn´t whent better i was just dumm enough to not save the replay of the race lol...i wish i could see my race again cause i think Senna revived on me for the duration of the race :P, qualy 3rd incident in T1 lost 1 position, a lot of battles with 5 guys in the lead i got bumped in middle of the race by a spanish driver i could recover the car in a amazing way lost 2 positions cause of that but ended up in 1st place after a very steady recover, 2 laps missing i was in 3rd place chasing close to the leaders like a predator, in the fight for the lead they made a small mistake and i did not miss the chance and got the lead.

In final image the message was that i was the fastest driver in my country..., y i think no one played first entrance of the race in Portugal XD for shure lol since i´m still rank B/S and was my second day using a wheel, anyway i praticed in some lobbys before the race and i had similar pace as A/S , S/S guys so i expected a win but was a tuff indeed, seems theres a lot i need to improve still.

Manu was a mess since im with mclaren the car it´s a bullet in straighs but lack on brakes and turning, in my lobby all drivers was in 1sec gap..amazing really, the race was bad i was in 6 place and after i pit in the last stint i was bumped and eventually fall of the grid to 13rd i don´t even remember but was cool anyway didn´t expect much small track, incidents i taked it as experience since i´m a rookie enjoying the game and my new wheel :D

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed in te new Manu race. Having done it for a whole week in the Daily, it's more of an anti-climax to this mid-point of the season.

You can change your tyres before, during and after qualifying.

There is a 1 minute intermission after qualifying and before the grid walk where you can choose what tyres to start race on.

Yeah that was a tough night. Got blocked slightly on my 2 fastest qualy laps in the Nations so ended up starting way down in 14th, and then got taken out at the 2nd corner. Caught up to the back of a group but it is really hard to overtake safely in the wet so pitted on lap 5 and jumped a few guys, but not masses I could do as the tyres were getting worn and a 20 second head start is tough to make up.

Manufacturers went similarly poorly. Qualy time was 0.4 down on the pole which put me in 12th, so decided to go on hards and just fuel save for the first stint. Tried to give people space but one guy still tried to tip me into a spin so I lost the rag and gave him a hit in the side back and gained myself a 4 second penalty. Rest of the race was fairly boring as I just watched my tyres and fuel and occasionally let people by on the straight.

Think I finished about 12th in both races :(

Last night was horrible. I pitted in on lap 16 with about 25L left, and finished refuelling too quickly, only topping up to 50L. Despite fuel saving like a madman (the Renault's 7th gear really came in clutch) I climbed from 17th to 9th with a lap to go...only to brake too late for the 3rd-last corner, crawling across the grass trying desperately not to spin...only to get tagged around, plunging back to 17th and a lap behind the leader. :grumpy:

It would've been for nothing anyway, I forgot that the Hards were mandatory.

Nations
Entered a lobby of 18 GT-R's (myself included) 1 WRX and 1 Toyota 86. Managed a stonking qualifying lap right at the end of the session to start P4, that I was gobsmacked about. I only did a limited amount of lobby practice for this one and it somehow completely passed me by that it was a grid start. I hadn't practised this at all! Set TC to 3 and torque to 50:50 (that helps right?), got a good start and then had to put all settings back, change back to radar just in time for T1. It turn out that the decent qualifying was crucial as it looked to be pretty chaotic behind me. Kept it clean but did lack some race pace. Finished 5th just behind 2nd to 4th. Very happy :) Random story of a Spaniard qualifying last, 11 seconds off the pace, and went on to finish 3rd :confused: I'm guessing they are an alien who started last on purpose to make for an interesting race...

20191010002838.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191010000829.jpg

Manufacturers
I don't really want to talk about the Manufacturers Series anymore. Lets just say I'm happy I only picked Ferrari for an exhibition season. I do not have the needed skills for the Gr.3 458. Actually did a decent qualifying lap and was less than 4 tenths off pole. That put me in P18 :lol: The main positive from the race was not getting lapped.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191009200446.jpg

Qualified for Manufacturers in 10th. Was sat in 3rd with a minute to go and then a load of people managed to put a faster lap in.

First lap, swerved to avoid the car in front that had lost it on a corner and was sliding sideways in front of me and ended up spinning off over the grass into the gravel, touching the wall and handed a 1.5 second penalty for an extra bonus!! :banghead:

So ended up in last, 6 seconds behind 19th but managed to finish 13th. Could have done with some drivers getting a 20 second tire penalty but didn't happen :(

I swear i'm the only nutter who drives the Z4 too! Its slow but i love it :)

View attachment 856708

Good race and replay, congrats!!

So I hadn't touched RBR in a week until last night, I wish I would of practiced more. Couldn't get near the 1.45.2 I set last week and paid the price.
Awful qualy (binned it first quick lap and had to let the pack past) put me 12th.
Forgot it was a standard start and had to deal with that, upsides where still nailed 4 people of the lights and stayed with the pack until an unforced error put me closer to the chase pack.. kept my head down and eventually finished 8th.. not pad with 30 mins practice prior to the race.
I don't see myself doing Suzuka though, that looks a tad wild (judging by previous races in the Formula car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back