FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just take a look at my last lap:

My race was going great until a tussle for the lead drew me back into the swarm of angry hornets.

That last lap was just a big stinking mess. Obviously I benefited from the chaos on the last lap, but that is just unacceptable to see that type of anger/retaliation that removed 4 cars. I forgot to report that driver, but I hope multiple people did (even though I doubt it does anything).

Like you said, why do people play this game at such a high level, just to do that garbage? Get a new hobby

Did a 2:03.050 last night. Dropped it down to a 2:02.722. Now:
ES5uk8zU0AAMkGf.jpeg

Such an exciting car to steer at this track. I'll try to squeeze a little more and call it done, until Saturday.

That last lap was just a big stinking mess. Obviously I benefited from the chaos on the last lap, but that is just unacceptable to see that type of anger/retaliation that removed 4 cars. I forgot to report that driver, but I hope multiple people did (even though I doubt it does anything).

Like you said, why do people play this game at such a high level, just to do that garbage? Get a new hobby

PD have already handed out a few temporary bans so far this year for people doing the same thing. So at least something is being done about it.

Also, in that video a few people get penalties for next to no reason. This is not acceptable with the official season starting next week, which will count for World Tour qualification.

that was me who ran off the track in front of you and quit id had enough of being dive bombed and given penalties that wasn’t my fault was up to 12th on hard tyres and someone in a Oreo gt86 deliberately spun me and I had enough of this system rewarding horrible driving standards
I’ve been in top 10 manufacturers for last two seasons so I have plenty of pace to do it but muppets who use this system to their advantage are ruining it for everyone
Yeah, I know who you mean, he also caused some carnage for me.

Just take a look at my last lap:

This is the sort of thing I'd expect to find in something like Wreckfest or a Codemasters F1 game. Whether it was in response to a penalty or not, that blue and yellow Renault driver's conduct was bang out of order. I do not consider myself to be a perfect driver, but feel there is a responsibility in all of us to race as well as we can within what boundaries the game considers to be acceptable (or lack of boundaries in some cases). Some of the penalties I've seen, read and experienced since the last major change have been ridiculous, and I can understand why it's soured many people's enjoyment of GT Sport. However, taking frustrations out on other drivers is not going to make them vanish or make the situation better for anyone.

Incidents like that only undermine the genuinely good racing that does happen in FIA lobbies, like what I was glad to experience yesterday.

Its happening so often. People just can't seem to accept that you're going faster than them. The amount of times i've pulled alongside a car on a straight after a better exit, slowly passing them, for then have them purposely start leaning on you to force you onto the grass. When they start doing it i'm like come on don't be a dick, hoping it was just a cheeky nudge, but then it continues and you find yourself having to turn forcefully into them to stop yourself getting pushed off. Turns into a wrestling match. Anytime i'm overtaking now i have that feeling of dread they're gonna take offence and push me off!

The Lexus sucks now. And I hate these effing penalties here! It's almost as bad as iracing that if you even have 2 wheels on the curb penalty! :mad:
I count it a blessing that I went from P18 to P11 in a Lexus and I actually did a 3 stopper and just kept throwing softs at it after the first stint on hards. Also another blessing I lost only 100 driver points. I'm good at Lake Maggiore. Hope it's enough to get me to A+

Most of the tire wear multipliers are not terrible, so that's good news. Should be interesting. I'll miss the Gr3 race at Autopolis as I'll be in another state and due to my work schedule will only get to do the last two time slots during the week. But will give it my all for Hyundai. :)

Some of these races look a bit short.

Oh the Manu races, good god. There goes any hope of any aliens picking Nissan. I don't think I could have picked ten worse combos myself.

Tyre wear multipliers are a mixed bag. Ranging from x3 to x13.

Also, first Nations race is in the shifter kart :lol:

Not sure what to make of Manufacturers yet. Will wait on a few others opinions.

and nothing about BOP or penalty system update .......:boggled:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back