Frst GTPSP Hybrids

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by hardtofind, Nov 28, 2009.

1. VoltigeurGT

VoltigeurGT

The version I posted is the right one, I worked with my own PSP so that I wouldn't get anything wrong, I copied it from my own GAME.txt file :D

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1

With a space between "prx" and "1".
    Just use the good old ctrl+c and ctrl+v, you can never go wrong with that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's really weird how even though you say you've got it right, everytime you activate the code, the game crashes. Hmmm...
    Try it again, but if it doesn't work...

I'll think about where the problem might be, but I'm afraid it's the codes that are wrong. Nothing we can do about that though, just try to fix the game.txt file for now. I hope it's enough.

I've come to a conclusion after a while. If it still doesn't work, I'm gonna do something nobody else has done before, not even myself a few years ago when I tried to get my old EU version working. I might do it because it wouldn't just help kossoku, but also all the other players with the EU version out there.

Like I said before, EU version hasn't been explored nearly as much as the US version, and that creates a lot of problems. I solved it by buying the US version off of Ebay, and I could've gone straight to modding without worrying over things not working.

Now then:
    I could find my old EU UMD and through a complicated process, I could obtain the correct addresses for the basic car parts needed for hybriding. This would require a lot of time however, if I do it it's gonna have to be later this week.

I don't have much to do rn for like half an hour, so I went for a quick tour of this thread. 8 years late? Better late than never.
    Anyway, this is rather strange. I checked every code and it's just fine, and with what you said everything should work. But it doesn't, right?
    Since all you did is fine, the only possibility is the game.txt file. I wrote a little something about it a few posts back, check what's written inside the file and if it's activated via the recovery menu.
    Now you might've done all this, but some CFW versions don't fully work after restarting the PSP. Try rebooting it after you've checked game.txt, then go to recovery menu and check if it's enabled there.
    You're welcome :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2020
    Sonygamer455 and kossoku like this.
  2. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

True that.
    I never could get it to work sadly. I would try your suggestion now, but my PSP currently has issues that prevent me from using it again, which ironically I tried to fix just recently, but to no avail. I am considering getting another eventually and when I do, I'll keep this in mind. I want to say I tinkered with the GAME.txt once, but it's been so long, I can't be certain.

VoltigeurGT likes this.
  3. kossoku

kossoku

Man, VoltigeurGT brought this back to life , so cooool .

VoltigeurGT likes this.
  4. VoltigeurGT

VoltigeurGT

That's sad to hear. Many people who used to play on their PSP back in 2009-2013 or so have it either broken, forgotten somewhere or they sold it. In my case it somehow still works just like new, the battery could use a replacement tho :grumpy:
    You should definitely get a working PSP sooner or later, being able to create GT hybrids on a handheld device is fantastic.

I told ya I would, and here we all are :D

EDIT: Thank you to the mods who had to clump my posts together, I have to be giving you a hard time
    :gtpflag:

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    kossoku likes this.
  5. VoltigeurGT

VoltigeurGT

After a long wait and a lot of hard work, here it is. Hybriding codes for the EU version of GT PSP.

All values are empty except GT4 Chip as there's nothing to change there. To reset it use 0xFFFFFFFF. You can find all necessary values in the GTPSPParts.xls file posted by hardtofind, or the one I reposted earlier. However, you won't find the Gearbox/GAS values there, you'll have to find them yourself using the disassembler inside cwcheat.

Also, as you can clearly see, these aren't all of the codes. I only posted the basic ones, they should be enough for now. In case you want the other ones as well (tyres, brake controller, exhaust etc.), ask me and I'll get 'em going :D

_C0 Engine
    _L 0x21473168 0x00000000
    _C0 Chassis
    _L 0x21473160 0x00000000
    _C0 Brakes
    _L 0x21473150 0x00000000
    _C0 Drivetrain
    _L 0x21473170 0x00000000
    _C0 Transmission
    _L 0x21473178 0x00000000
    _C0 Suspension
    _L 0x21473180 0x00000000
    _C0 LSD
    _L 0x21473188 0x00000000
    _C0 Race Mod
    _L 0x214731B0 0x00000000
    _C0 GT4 Chip (adds insane power)
    _L 0x214731D0 0x00000000
    _L 0x214731D4 0x00000012
    _C0 Gearbox + GAS
    _L 0x21473240 0x00000000
    _L 0x21473244 0x00000000
    _L 0x21473248 0x00000000
    _L 0x2147324C 0x00000000
    _L 0x21473258 0x00000000

It was so worth putting all that time and effort into this. From now, EU players will be able to get the full hybriding experience too. :cheers: (sadly not true)

EDIT: For clarification, user a100miles2go posted some "supposedly EU version" codes back in 2011, but when I went over them yesterday, the addresses are completely wrong, their values are all fixed and look like this: OxFFFFFFFF

EDIT no2: For some unknown reasons, the exact codes posted which worked during my testing don't work now. The EU version is really confusing, I may have to change the cheats so that it works every time.

EDIT no3: I'm actually giving up on this. The game uses a different column of addresses EVERY TIME you change car, which makes it impossible to, well, hybrid. I had to activate 6 different cheats while all of them were supposed to swap the engine, but it only worked on 2 cars out of 4 that I tested, and it also seemed like it would only work on "favorite" cars.
    Conclusion: You can pray to God these codes I posted will work for you (at least on some cars). Other than that, I'm done with the EU version, and now I think I understand why there wasn't much info on hybriding it - it's not that people were lazy, it's because it can't be done. If you want to hybrid in GT PSP, you've got no other choice than to get the US version.

I feel defeated tbh. All that work and hope... just to say "well actually, no" in the end...

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    kossoku and Sonygamer455 like this.
  6. kossoku

kossoku

I can't believe it I'ma testit right now

7. VoltigeurGT

VoltigeurGT

Now that I got over my depression :lol: , I want to sum up all this.
    You're all free to discover yourself how insane the EU version of GT PSP is, just get into disassembler to the addresses I posted above. You'll see anything from the car ID address to the gearbox ones. But below that, the same order of values REPEATS about 2 more times. Same order of values, different addresses. What's crazy that just after starting the game, there were already like 3 of these orders. Now even though I found the engine value on 3 different addresses, changed them all to a Viper GTS engine, it only worked on 1 car out of 3 that I tested.

Read carefully now: after those 3 test races I checked the disassembler again, and GUESS WHAT. Both above and below the 3 orders, new ones were created out of nowhere! The values before were either all Fs or 0s. Now there were about 6 orders.

I thought: When I activate all 6 of these goddamn engine values, it has to work right? I even checked if there weren't any other orders of car parts, I went through thousands of lines of code in both directions, but it was "only" those 6. Changed all of them again, picked a random car not modified before (set to favorites) aaaand nothing.

That's when I lost hope. If you don't believe, try it yourself. I think it's worth trying actually, not that you'd be able to accomplish anything, but seeing that clustertruck... it's absurd.

Besides, kossoku tested these codes too and it even crashed the game in his case.

That said, I wish y'all the best in hybriding. Or actually, just enjoy the game whatever you do. :D

kossoku likes this.