Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
Never said you couldn't play multiplayer did I?

I know I said online achievements, but the 1,000,000 credits in multiplayer is still a far stretch today.

------

I tried to get the Forza 3 storefront achievements for over 4 months straight.
Every. Single. Day.
Multiple times a day.

Not working.

People have the same "problem" on the Forza forums. Probably poorly maintenanced servers.

All of this is of course frustrating as you cannot possibly max out the Forza Rewards now, unless you've completed these achievements when they were obtainable.

My point still stands. It would be alot better for the Gran Turismo community to keep the GT6 servers operative for the upcoming years.

The point I’m trying to make is that Forza 2’s servers are still functioning to some capacity, so I wouldn’t say they’re offline. On the other hand, GT6 is shutting everything down in a single day.

And interestingly, a few people got the 1 million credits from multiplayer achievement in Forza 2 this month:

https://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achievementid=17180

I got that achievement in Forza 3 by putting up a tune with minor adjustments for one of the Ferrari F430 race cars. It didn’t take long for someone to come along and download it. Maybe I just got lucky.

Ugh, it's going to be a pain trying to narrow it down to 30 created tracks to save.

I got that achievement in Forza 3 by putting up a tune with minor adjustments for one of the Ferrari F430 race cars. It didn’t take long for someone to come along and download it. Maybe I just got lucky.
Problem isn't getting people to download it...

It simply won't ever upload. Error message each time. (In any event though, I sold my X360 and the Forza games not too long ago when I finished as many achievements as possible).

Edit: I read just now that Forza 3 server are back up for some. Oh well.

This is the final nail on the coffin for PS4 and GT series for me
With the money spared from the buy of a PS4 and GTS i can upgrade my PC
I am done with those greedy moves that want me to throw away all games, all gear i love every 5/6 years
On the PC i can still play all those old driving games from the past i loved (with often a community that still makes additional content) and that's enough for me

Bye Bye forever GT and PD

I am done with those greedy moves that want me to throw away all games, all gear i love every 5/6 years
On the PC i can still play all those old driving games from the past i loved (with often a community that still makes additional content) and that's enough for me

ok bye

Well with so many demos on the PSN store back then, GT Acdemy 2009, GT: HD, and GT Academy 2013. I recently played GT Academy 2013 and man GT6 would've looked a bit different if it weren't for the changes they made in GT6 1.0 (release).

To be honest without the track maker, GT6 will forever be boring and non fun. That's what it has over GT5 for me at least. Sad to see it go so soon, but server bandwidth must be expensive to keep them up anyway. Maybe in the long future we might see something being done about it, but right now I don't see it happening right now.

Now, the question that I'd like to answer to everyone on GT: Sport and PS4 now. Will the 4.5 years be enough for the online only game you like? It's almost like a service your paying for more than anything to me. They may add in a offline feature, but I'm sure your saves will forever be on dead servers (if that makes sense). They may have to make it last if a lot of players are on it, but PD might kill it off once it gets a bit older 4 to 5 years give or take.

Man i feel like PS3 is dying too fast! I never had many races online (because heavy ramming and dirty racers) but with the few i had, some were awesome races head to head. And all the drift and tandem i did! love that
Btw feels nice to see my photo in the page :)

This all day. I've been putting off Assetto Corsa because of the skill curve, but without online, this is the only free to play option to dick about on servers.

Gran Turismo, you turned me on to motoring, but I can't subjugate myself to the console paywall just to appease you. This affair unfortunately must come to an end.

Man i feel like PS3 is dying too fast! I never had many races online (because heavy ramming and dirty racers) but with the few i had, some were awesome races head to head. And all the drift and tandem i did! love that
Btw feels nice to see my photo in the page :)
Quickly? ps3 has just turned 11 and its production ended almost 2 years ago ... one of the longest-running consoles of all time:lol:

For those who complain that the GT6 servers will be closed what would be the sense of keeping the servers open for a game of a console that has been out of production for 2 years is now dead?
I read senseless comments

Quickly? ps3 has just turned 11 and its production ended almost 2 years ago ... one of the longest-running consoles of all time:lol:

For those who complain that the GT6 servers will be closed what would be the sense of keeping the servers open for a game of a console that has been out of production for 2 years is now dead?
thats why i said "i feel"
i guess time goes really fast
i still remember when i got my ps3, and it was 5+ years ago. i have played about 50 or more games.

For people who still play it, Blizzard still maintain servers for their 1990s games on PC, namely the original Starcraft and Diablo 2. Also, Gran Turismo 6 is not such an old title, it's been out for 4 years which means I've personally been playing Assetto Corsa, iRacing and Project Cars for longer than GT6... It's especially the case given that GT6 was released like a damn early access title, the launch version of the game was missing most of the features advertised.

All online games will eventually come to an end. Sony is sadly not in great financial status and is closing ALOT of game servers down next year. Oddly MotorStorm apocalypse still has its servers up!

All online games will eventually come to an end. Sony is sadly not in great financial status and is closing ALOT of game servers down next year. Oddly MotorStorm apocalypse still has its servers up!
Oh come on, poor Sony doesn't have money to pay a bunch of lame P2P servers for another year for their main racing title on PS3 which is only 4 years old? But they have money to keep MotorStorm servers up and running?
And the announcement came just after Christmas not upsetting people while shopping PS4 + GT Sport bundle for holiday time?
And I tought EA was lame, this is beyond lameness.

*The amount of stinginess is too damn high* meme anyone?

I'll say it again GT is dead! Does not come as a surprise since they did it with GT5. It does not change a thing for me because I never cared for online just the log in bonus. I'm still on GT5 and 6, mostly 5. GT classics forever!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
I'll say it again GT is dead! Does not come as a surprise sine they did it with GT5. It does not change a thing for me because I never cared for online just the log in bonus. I'm still on GT5 and 6, mostly 5. GT classics forever!!:bowdown::bowdown:
Yeah we can still play them regardless online, and being vintage classics faster than expected is an added bonus afterall :D . Can't say the same when they'll pull the trigger on GTS, where all thoseliveries will go? IMO Online save is the cancer of modern gaming.

For people who still play it, Blizzard still maintain servers for their 1990s games on PC, namely the original Starcraft and Diablo 2. Also, Gran Turismo 6 is not such an old title, it's been out for 4 years which means I've personally been playing Assetto Corsa, iRacing and Project Cars for longer than GT6... It's especially the case given that GT6 was released like a damn early access title, the launch version of the game was missing most of the features advertised.

You answered by yourself since all that it works ONLY on PC ... the consoles are another thing, once they finish their cycle you go ahead, on PC, even if you buy a more modern one, you keep playing the same stuff if it is still supported.
If you relate the PC world with that console, make a mistake because they are two things too different.

You answered by yourself since all that it works ONLY on PC ... the consoles are another thing, once they finish their cycle you go ahead, on PC, even if you buy a more modern one, you keep playing the same stuff if it is still supported.
If you relate the PC world with that console, make a mistake because they are two things too different.

You can still buy new PS3's and there is still a playerbase in GT6, that alone is enough to warrant supporting it. 4 Years isn't that much of a long time for a game, especially not one as big and popular as Gran Turismo. GT Sport is only a fraction of the game content of GT6 and doesn't support old hardware (G27's) so a lot of people have not bothered making the move forward.

I definitely think it's very ****** for them to shut down the servers.

Gt sport is garbage, its not any where close to a replacement for GT6. I knew this day was coming, but I didnt think it would happen until after 7 was released. I guess I will be bored or end u watching alot of netflix in my free time. Because I am not buying a ps4 anytime soon.

Here's the thing. the PS3 is over 11 years old. most devices are never supported that long. Although I love my PS3 most other people have moved on.

20171229_185552.jpg

Last edited:
Utterly depressing, even if expected, as this game had plenty of legroom to go on for another two years. I could've at least stomached that. The track editor would've had some great perfection on this forum over the course of that timeframe.

I concur with others in saying GT is dead, and the nail in the coffin for similar games. Big car collection racers with original tracks, outside of a seemingly stagnant Forza Motorsport, seem a thing in the past compared to <200 car real-life track sims.

Quick matches still are some of the best formal (to an extent) racing experiences you can have with random people in any racing game I've played. GT Sport, shoved out the door on a delayed timeframe and now scrabbling to become a proper GT, will take years to come close to the experience of GT6; I wouldn't hesitate to say that the next release, perhaps like GT5 to GT6, will be the polished one to wait for.

There's not a sodding chance I'm buying a PS4 (or whatever third hardware iteration they'll create to keep up with PCs) and endorsing PD's attitude with my money. Would rather do a GT2 PC port from the ground up with online and up scaled resolution.

If only some Xlink-style arrangement could allow us to continue playing this game online.

Last edited:
Gt sport is garbage, its not any where close to a replacement for GT6. I knew this day was coming, but I didnt think it would happen until after 7 was released. I guess I will be bored or end u watching alot of netflix in my free time. Because I am not buying a ps4 anytime soon.

GTS is definitely not a replacement for the awesome GT6 and like others I'm not happy with the way PD conducts themselves. The new career mode and extra cars definitely helps GTS and it's why I decided to buy it.

I wouldn't say it's garbage that's going a lttle extreme but it's definitely an unfinished game. With all that being said at the end of the day it's still GT and most people will find something they really like about it because it's got some really cool new stuff to play around with.
I have not even watched the online racing tutorials or been in an online race yet.

GT6 is my favorite out of the whole series and I'm still heavily involved in a few awesome groups that are still running (COTW group is 4 year old) with a lot of members so it sucks to see it go.
Just don't give up on GT yet because I think you will enjoy the offline racing in GTS when you decide to make the jump.

Back