Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
But who will change plattform to competitor, cant it, because next Forza games wont be out before 2022, too..
so you only can wait

Last edited:
The Weather Channel

We share our forecast with people and Gran Turismo fans worldwide

your weather for today:

Be warned of multiple rains of "I TOLD YOU GUYS!" across the whole forum. It's a stormy day so expect thunders made of "LOL ONLY DUMB PEOPLE BELIEVED IN A 2021 RELEASE" and "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS #$%!"

Althought it's a rough day, some sections will only see a small, calm breeze consistently made of "at least that gives me time to buy this damn console" and "it's ok, i'm still having fun with GTS".

BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH TORNADOS AT THE MIDDLE SECTION: "THE GAME IS ACTUALLY IN DEVELOPMENT HELL!!!!!!" "THIS GTS+ PORT IS ALREADY DELAYED????!@!!!"

Stay safe with your "fake news proof" umbrellas and becareful while driving: the roads are covered in salt

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least there is Driveclub 2 this year. Oh wait... The closure of Evo studios was a mistake, now Sony understands. The racing genre is so mismanaged by Sony. (I'm not surprised for the delay of GT7.)

Not surprised at all.

In normal times, it gets delayed already.

With an unprecedented pandemic, why would be expecting otherwise?

I honestly would be very surprised if it was the reversed, GT7 released...

Soon postponed!

Back to regular programming y'all...

So I guess now we enter the "Pretend it was never announced, nothing to see here" phase. We've seen it before with delays like this for other games and movies that only have a small teaser so far. With release so far off there is no reason to promote it and run new trailers, it's too far out to build hype. So they just ignore it entirely for a while. I mean, they've essentially been doing that the past few months anyway.

Then they just "re-announce" the game a year down the line as if it's totally newly revealed and start the promo from scratch.

In short, don't expect to see or hear anything on GT7 until the end of the year at the very earliest, maybe even early 2022. Depends on when in 2022 they're targetting, but I can't see it being any earlier than March.

EDIT: Oh also can't help but continue to chortle at those who looked at the initial trailer with menus as a sign the game could be ready by holiday 2020. Oh boy were they wrong, as we kept trying to tell them.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 7 Launch to “Shift From 2021 to 2022”
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7-launch-shift-20210223/
Kind of funny the interview was from GQ. Sony probably didn't see that coming. :lol: Thanks to the writer for the direct question.

So one game you didn’t mention there that had been dated for 2021 is Gran Turismo 7. What’s going on with that one?

At this point a PR representative for Sony jumped into the call promising a statement on GT7 – probably in the hope that we’d actually ask about some of the many new announcements. You can read that statement below...

“GT7 has been impacted by Covid-related production challenges and therefore will shift from 2021 to 2022. With the ongoing pandemic, it’s a dynamic and changing situation and some critical aspects of game production have been slowed over the past several months. We’ll share more specifics on GT7’s release date when available.”

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

The ACC next gen upgrade is exciting though. And ACC gets new content fairly regularly too. Check it out if you haven't yet - it´s brilliant.

Not exactly much depth though in terms of content. ACC is good for what it is, but what it is is of course pretty focused.

Really hope the EA/CM acquisition goes well because it's seemingly our best hope for a steady stream of varied racing games that we desperately need. Not this year obviously, too soon for that, but hopefully 2022 onwards is pretty prosperous.

Remember the PS1 and PS2 days, you couldn't move for racing titles. Arcade, simulation, race cars, road cars, rally, there was everything. Even PS3 was pretty good, but since PS4 pickings have got seriously slim and now the only currently announced tarmac racing game for PS5 has been delayed to 2022.

Not good for racing fans on console. :(

Now knowing that both the Super GT round in Sepang and GT7 are not arriving this year, I feel kinda okay and worried at the same time now.

Considering that we all have a tough year then and now.

Could be that, but I also imagine it's the inability to visit car owners and circuits to do in-person referencing/scanning.

Yeah that too, probably a mix of both, including outsource companies like the one in India also affected by covid.

Last edited:
Thanks to the writer for the direct question.
What's funny is that this is what always happens - not just with Sony (though Sony is among the more aggressive in limiting questions for things it's not ready to reveal the answers to; this isn't a bad thing, it's them doing their job) but with any important person at any large company. You ask a question that's not necessarily in the brief and a PR handler jumps in before you've even finished asking and shuts the question down.

We have a member who repeatedly bitches at us (here and on social media) for not asking the questions he thinks we should ask, and he just doesn't get that this is what happens when you do (but actually he did interviews at university and actually it was fine actually). I've been closed down more times than I care to remember (again, not just by Sony) because the handlers won't allow that line of questioning.

Here it seems that Sony PR did not want that question asked, or answered, at the time, and has provided a carefully considered statement later on.

Last edited:
Not exactly much depth though in terms of content. ACC is good for what it is, but what it is is of course pretty focused.

Really hope the EA/CM acquisition goes well because it's seemingly our best hope for a steady stream of varied racing games that we desperately need. Not this year obviously, too soon for that, but hopefully 2022 onwards is pretty prosperous.

Remember the PS1 and PS2 days, you couldn't move for racing titles. Arcade, simulation, race cars, road cars, rally, there was everything. Even PS3 was pretty good, but since PS4 pickings have got seriously slim and now the only currently announced tarmac racing game for PS5 has been delayed to 2022.

Not good for racing fans on console. :(
Sony did a big mistake to only focus on one racing studio. Okay, PD is the most promiment racing brand, but evolution studios with Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Driveclub after updates would certainly done a good job, too. Maybe, Sony should have think to hire Codemasters studio

Last edited:
Back