Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
GT7 has been impacted by Covid
Yes, atleast now you have a solid excuse for delaying.
PD's delay traditions are holding on and never disappoint us.
Of course we were all expecting it.
Don't be impressed, we would be impressed if one title actually came on the actual first date announced:lol::lol:

Yes, atleast now you have a solid excuse for delaying.
PD's delay traditions are holding on and never disappoint us.
Of course we were all expecting it.
Don't be impressed, we would be impressed if one title actually came on the actual first date announced:lol::lol:
Just clear up for me, as I think I missed it (I'm a crap journalist after all), but what was the actual first date PD announced for GT7 again?

Good

Better to push it now to 2022 than to wait more time and have them say it's been delayed in late summer

My PS5 purchase can wait a bit more

we would be impressed if one title actually came on the actual first date announced:lol::lol:
What was that actual first date you mentioned?

Last edited:
...so it begins.

KhrJfoi.gif

So here is the deal with me. I bought a PS5, there are basically no games that I want to play that are exclusive to the PS5, PD is getting on my nerves and now I think I might build a PC and play ets2, microsoft flight simulator and asseto corsa with mods...:banghead::mad:

Last edited:
:lol:

Sorry but this is the lamest excuse ever.

They already know in february 2021 that the game won‘t make it this year?

thats not c19 - thats again slow ass Polyphony.

And GT players since GT1 (like me) know this.

GT Sport was release with extreme low content for PS4 and there was no C19 around back then.
What was the excuse?

They just were not able to make a „old known“ GT for PS4 in time.

When it comes to GT7.
They could have releqse the game with a bit less content but offer free dlc to keep it alive and players motivated.

Moving it to 2022 is a shame and I don‘t believe them a single word, that C19 is the reason.

Well well - but now we know.
And its surely not early 2022, more likel mid 2022.

Until GT7 hits finally the stores I won‘t buy a PS5.

Hughly disappointed but somehow not surprised :crazy:

Last edited:
Ha. I come to show this news and there's already a thread about it four pages long and a news story about it!

It should as a surprise to no one and just for once the Covid excuse is legitimate. They do have to scan cars and real world tracks.

Normally development only needs a PC and a network connection and so can be done anywhere.

Last edited:
As someone who came to GT Sport very, very late in its cycle, I have been very pleased with the amount of content in the game. I feel like PD has been pretty consumer friendly, too. I hope there is a chance PD uses GT Sport to beta test some revised tracks in GT7. I know it may not be possible but it would be really cool and benefit everyone.

Edit - also, on a positive note, PSVR2 was announced today so it gives us time to save for that, too!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/#sf243317607

Last edited:
But who will change plattform to competitor, cant it, because next Forza games wont be out before 2022, too..
so you only can wait

source?

Turn 10 is able to announce a game in June (E3) and release it the same year.
They did that without any delays for Forza 1 to Forza 7.

Just clear up for me, as I think I missed it (I'm a crap journalist after all), but what was the actual first date PD announced for GT7 again?
This one was referring for previous titles. Not for GT7 haha:rolleyes:
I love all your replies:bowdown::lol:

What was that actual first date you mentioned?
Answered above, but yeah sorry, I just thought people would get what I mean because I had it in my mind and I knew what I wanted to say.
Never works, I know. I'm dumb.

Last edited:
What's funny is that this is what always happens - not just with Sony (though Sony is among the more aggressive in limiting questions for things it's not ready to reveal the answers to; this isn't a bad thing, it's them doing their job) but with any important person at any large company. You ask a question that's not necessarily in the brief and a PR handler jumps in before you've even finished asking and shuts the question down.

We have a member who repeatedly bitches at us (here and on social media) for not asking the questions he thinks we should ask, and he just doesn't get that this is what happens when you do (but actually he did interviews at university and actually it was fine actually). I've been closed down more times than I care to remember (again, not just by Sony) because the handlers won't allow that line of questioning.

Here it seems that Sony PR did not want that question asked, or answered, at the time, and has provided a carefully considered statement later on.

finally you admit that Sony PR or whoever limits or dictates your questions ;)

I would never blame you for that but in the past you were always like „yeah we met Kaz but why asking this and that ;)

You shouldnt fortget, PD is developing GT7 since many years now. They gave interviews before 1mand 2 years, how good everything is and bla, bla, and now they come to mind, oh there’s globale pandemic still, good reason for postpone it.

Last edited:
thats not c19 - thats again slow ass Polyphony.

No yeah, you’re definitely right. The Japanese haven’t been struggling with work from home. Not at all, it’s just PD being slow!

Yeah, okay dude.

GT Sport was release with extreme low content for PS4 and there was no C19 around back then.
What was the excuse?

Not sure if you could tell, but they literally remade all of the assets? I mean, yeah, you could’ve had GTS with 1300 cars...if you were okay with the vast majority of them being relics from the PS2 era. Which I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be

When it comes to GT7.
They could have releqse the game with a bit less content but offer free dlc to keep it alive and players motivated.

Or - they want to release a game that appears to be feature complete at launch??? Just a thought

Moving it to 2022 is a shame and I don‘t believe them a single word, that C19 is the reason.

“I don’t believe that the highly contagious and potentially deadly virus affecting the entire world and forcing people to change the way they work is the reason for the game being delayed”

Do you know how you sound?

Well well - but now we know.
And its surely not early 2022, more likel mid 2022

No, you don’t know that.

Turn 10 is able to announce a game in June (E3) and release it the same year.

Forza Motorsport was announced in July last year. Where is it?

My prediction for GT7 coming in 2022 was correct. I've said it before that GTS was announced in 2015 and released two years later in 2017. So waiting two years after GT7's announcement really is no big deal.

In the GTS eboot: Gran Turismo 7 TM&Copyright (C) 2016 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Will have spent 6-7 years in development by the time it releases... but covid is to blame? :lol:

Polyphony is a terribly run studio.
Yes Unofficial, GT Sport is GT7 prologue, so it’s a lot more blame

Last edited:
Ok
@TS050

did they gave a release date for Forza 8?

no!
but when they do that - they keep it.

And in 2021 developement by outsourcing is no more witchcraft.

And when Forza 7 can lauch with over 700 cars, why can‘t a GT for PS4?

Its always this defending of Polyphony who were known for delays since GT3 actually.
GT3 was meaned to be a launch title for PS2.

You can believe them what you want but if you know 10 months in advance you won‘t make it this year, you never been ready at all.

But yes early, mid or even late 2022 I just don‘t know but I assume.

Last edited:
Ok,

did they gave a release date for Forza 8?

Did they give a solid release date for GT7?

And when Forza 7 can lauch with over 700 cars, why can‘t a GT for PS4?

Not sure if you could tell, but they literally remade all of the assets?

Its always this defending of Polyphony who were known for delays since GT3 actually.
GT3 was meaned to be a launch title for PS2.

You can believe them what you want but if you know 10 months in advance you won‘t make it this year, you never been ready at all.

Defending? Sure, okay. And thanks for telling me GT3 was meant to launch with the PS2 - I already knew, but thanks anyway.

I’m not speaking on this anymore. I’ve honestly got better things to do then be angry on the internet that a game isn’t coming out when I want it to

Last edited:
Back