Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
If I were a betting man, I'd say a global pandemic, console supply and/or PD being PD. Can't be sure though. Someone should do an article about the delay.

My guess is that Sony/Polyphony don't issue release dates because they postpone GT series' games so often. If they don't issue a release date Polyphony will never be late but I am also guessing they don't sell as many early consoles either. I know I won't be buying a PS5 until I can put my hands on GT7. If that doesn't happen until 2025 so be it, maybe it will be on sale for $199 by that time. :)

Hopefully the PS5 will be available on the market by the time GT7 is released.

New to the series?
:lol:

We can just hope that they are making the most of this extra development time and improving what needs improving, there are certain things I am less confident about being improved than others but hopefully we get a great game overall.

Last edited:
Like I said, not wise to make assumptions. Nobody knows when PSVR2 will release other than not this year and nobody knows how much PD will put into it.

In less than 2 months is anniversary of announcement. Time flies. Maybe Sony does around E3 an own event like last year and new informations or trailer about GT7?

Last edited:
Feeling some weird De Ja Vu...

Just looking back at my EB Games order history:

Thu, 29th October 2015
$60.00 GRAN TURISMO 7 PS4 Preorder deposit

Just in time for PSVR you say...

I'm a sucker, I'll be buying a PSVR2 based on the promise of playing Gran Turismo on it as well...

Last edited:

Thu, 29th October 2015

I'm a sucker, I'll be buying a PSVR2 based on the promise of playing Gran Turismo on it as well...

You pre-ordered GT7 for PS4 in Oct 2015???

Thu, 29th October 2015

Gran Turismo 7 PS4 2015 preorder wtf :boggled:

It was a bummer to me regarding the delay of this game. I had considered buying a PS5 and GT7 this year. Due the delay, however, only the former would be possible.

27th October 2015 is the day of the GTS announcement trailer, EB Games just obviously didn't update their internal nameiin the first few days.

Last edited:
Just a little observation I had at the weekend when I was thinking about the 'lack of news' on the PS5 GT7 is that another game in the 'popular' character is also coming up for it's one year anniversary of launch announcement but said game didn't even show 'PS5 footage'.

GTA V was revealed Enhanced an Improved edition for PS5 in the same State of Play we saw the announcement of GT7 and R* have also gone 'ultimate secrecy' since then.

It really makes me wonder sometimes about my money decisions in 2020, I am happy I have one of the 'rare' PS5 but sometimes I feel like I should have just not 'pre-ordered' it and bought it with GT 7.

Anyway let's hope they give us some more news on the game before the end of 2021...:cheers:

Just a little observation I had at the weekend when I was thinking about the 'lack of news' on the PS5 GT7 is that another game in the 'popular' character is also coming up for it's one year anniversary of launch announcement but said game didn't even show 'PS5 footage'.

GTA V was revealed Enhanced an Improved edition for PS5 in the same State of Play we saw the announcement of GT7 and R* have also gone 'ultimate secrecy' since then.

It really makes me wonder sometimes about my money decisions in 2020, I am happy I have one of the 'rare' PS5 but sometimes I feel like I should have just not 'pre-ordered' it and bought it with GT 7.

Anyway let's hope they give us some more news on the game before the end of 2021...:cheers:
Rockstar Games take part at E3 in June. Rumors says, we get there the news for the release in the second half.
Its an open secret, that Sony Playstation does an event this summer, too. Like last year. So news about GT7 could happen, too.

Last edited:
Rockstar Games take part at E3 in June. Rumors says, we get there the news for the release in the second half.
Its an open secret, that Sony Playstation does an event this summer, too. Like last year. So news about GT7 could happen, too.

Not discrediting this but R* don't usually talk about GTA V at game shows, they keep that for their own newswire usually, anyway let's hope they both reveal something soon!

Given release is a year away its too soon to be throwing trailers around, maybe in 6 months to ramp up for christmas console sales, assuming there will be a decent quantity available.

GTA E&E is meant to be this year, can easily see that slipping back too, R* have form for delayed releases just like PD, but also there is the deal with Sony around exclusivity and the fact that it might get a slow launch (or at least slower than expected) if console sales are still slow. R* like big numbers for their releases, so the more potential punters the better.

Last edited:
Not discrediting this but R* don't usually talk about GTA V at game shows, they keep that for their own newswire usually, anyway let's hope they both reveal something soon!
Anything they should have prepared when they officially take part at E3. For an simple expand of for example Red Dead Multiplayer, they wouldn’t have to do be topic of an event. So they have anything bigger to show, for GTA5 remastered it would perfect match.

Given release is a year away its too soon to be throwing trailers around, maybe in 6 months to ramp up for christmas console sales, assuming there will be a decent quantity available.

GTA E&E is meant to be this year, can easily see that slipping back too, R* have form for delayed releases just like PD, but also there is the deal with Sony around exclusivity and the fact that it might get a slow launch (or at least slower than expected) if console sales are still slow.
GT Sport gameplay Trailer we gotten to E3 2016, game announced was end of 2015. Game itself got released as we know end of 2017. So it’s not impossible.

I could good imagine, Sony shows more about upcoming games, to hold up the hype and Xbox certainly will show anything, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
GT Sport gameplay Trailer we gotten to E3 2016, game announced was end of 2015. Game itself got released as we know end of 2017. So it’s not impossible.

I could good imagine, Sony shows more about upcoming games, to hold up the hype and Xbox certainly will show anything, too.
Yes but when they showed that gameplay debut it came with a release date 5 months later, it was only because of delays that followed it came out later.

We've already had the delay this time, we already know it isn't coming this year, so a trailer is unlikely until we get to that 5-7 months out from whatever the planned date is now.

Like I said before, look to Horizon Forbidden West. It had the teaser reveal trailer just like GT7, now we're max 8 months from release and nothing else yet. Assuming it does keep to the release date later this year, we'll get a new trailer and info blowout/pre-order versions etc etc around 5-6 months before, almost certainly June at E3 or around it.

That's just how Sony does things these days.

Last edited:
https://g-media.work/archives/review-polyphony-digital.html
A review of Poly by a former dev published in February 2021, at least no crunch is a very good point!

"Before the release of the game and the exhibition of the trial version to the Tokyo Game Show, there were many overtime work and holiday work, but I was never forced to work overtime by the company or my boss."

"What I think is bad about the company, what I was dissatisfied with"
"Because the work system is quite free, it is easy to become an irregular life if it is not possible to manage it. In addition, there is only one development title, and it will take 4 to 7 years to produce, so it may be difficult to continue for a long time unless you like cars and racing games considerably."

I love car games but Poly should try something else...It must be boring for a dev at some point.

"Because the work system is quite free, it is easy to become an irregular life if it is not possible to manage it. In addition, there is only one development title, and it will take 4 to 7 years to produce, so it may be difficult to continue for a long time unless you like cars and racing games considerably."
Where do I sign up?

Back