Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
Hang on... I thought PD shut the GT6 online servers down 3 months after GTS dropped, and you're talkin' GT5 online? :confused:

Yes it can and there are more and more players, it works great, there's never lag since people now have better internet and mostly good drivers are racing.
Only thing is, you need to mod your game and console little bit but I'm not sure if I can talk about that here. You can check on GT5 forum or YT. Check for GT5 Master Mod. But it's definitely more fun than GTS.

Thanks man.

I heard I could play GT6 (or perhaps GT5?) using an app on, say, a laptop, in-between the console and the 'net. My brother tried to talk me into it but I didn't want the hassle.

I s'pose it'd be along the lines of what you're talking about, except that the "laptop app" is a bunch of code tacked onto GT5 in your case.

Still, for most peeps like me it's too-techy and therefore perhaps wouldn't afford us the opportunity to drive against the best drivers - only the tech-savvy ones who happen to have gone that route.

It plain sucks that the GT5 and 6 servers were shut down, especially GT6's, which IIRC went offline late February the year after GTS' launch the previous December. 3 measly months. Ridiculous.

Thanks man.

I heard I could play GT6 (or perhaps GT5?) using an app on, say, a laptop, in-between the console and the 'net. My brother tried to talk me into it but I didn't want the hassle.

I s'pose it'd be along the lines of what you're talking about, except that the "laptop app" is a bunch of code tacked onto GT5 in your case.

Still, for most peeps like me it's too-techy and therefore perhaps wouldn't afford us the opportunity to drive against the best drivers - only the tech-savvy ones who happen to have gone that route.

It plain sucks that the GT5 and 6 servers were shut down, especially GT6's, which IIRC went offline late February the year after GTS' launch the previous December. 3 measly months. Ridiculous.

It doesn't work with GT6 yet, but it works with GT5 perfectly. You are correct regarding that your PS needs to be connected to laptop. But all you need is PS3, USB stick, ethernet cabel and laptop. Also I assure you that you don't need to be very good with technology to set it up because I'm noob and I managed to do whole process in 2-3 hours with almost no problems. I'll stop with off topic now, if someone wants to get on with GT5 online and shuffle racing :P and needs help, feel free to PM me.

Dammit, I traded GT5 in as I always do when upgrading to the next GT, in that case, 6, where I've remained.

We'll leave the topic alone as you suggest, but I've just one question - what about GT6 'cause I no longer have 5?

EDIT:
What I goose I am. First thing you said. Too bad. :(

Last edited:
Tell you what would sweeten the deal... a demo. Or a Prologue if PD were feeling generous.

Who here remembers the Trail Mountain/Laguna Seca demo for GT3 that came out with Official Playstation Magazine? You were given the choice of driving either the Pagani Zonda or the Penzoil Nismo GT-R.

First time I played that I thought we'd reached peak graphics. Oh the naivety of youth! First time I saw the sun blazing through the trees on Trial I was absolutely floored. Because of that demo to this day it still feels wrong driving Laguna Seca at any time other than sunset.

Wow 20 years has gone quick :eek:!

Tell you what would sweeten the deal... a demo. Or a Prologue if PD were feeling generous.

Who here remembers the Trail Mountain/Laguna Seca demo for GT3 that came out with Official Playstation Magazine? You were given the choice of driving either the Pagani Zonda or the Penzoil Nismo GT-R.

First time I played that I thought we'd reached peak graphics. Oh the naivety of youth! First time I saw the sun blazing through the trees on Trial I was absolutely floored. Because of that demo to this day it still feels wrong driving Laguna Seca at any time other than sunset.

Wow 20 years has gone quick :eek:!
GT3 still looks good, the art direction is the best of the series : the sunset, tree tunnels (gone in the PS5 version of Trial Mountain...), heat haze... This was a next gen experience.

In the new trailer for Sony TVs, GT7 still has a 2021 release date. But I think that they're using the "old" date because there wasn't an official statement yet.

In the new trailer for Sony TVs, GT7 still has a 2021 release date. But I think that they're using the "old" date because there wasn't an official statement yet.

..yes, who knows, when this trailer was procuced, the postpone message was 4 weeks ago, so not long ago

Probably using old dates. Notice that Ratchet & Clank also has the vague “coming 2021” release window in the trailer even though we have a concrete release date for the game

I don't think they'd annlunce a delay to 2022 and then do a "hey, guess what, we were just ****ing with you.."

If PS5 supply is in a reasonable state at Christmas and if they want to build hype I could see a demo being available early 2022 to capture game sales from xmas and/or persuade those who are still without a ps5 to buy.

What for me is suspect. Normally, in such an advert have to be the blockbuster of the year, would be Horizon Forbiden West. But so as this date is unsafe for 2021, Sony maybe had to do anything to get a blockbuster for the second half.. With formerly postpone announce for GT7, Polyphone would have full quiet to develope an do their thing. Maybe, they get quicker foreward as expected, who knows

So, we have a formal announcement that a game has been delayed until 2022 ... vs ... A small piece of text at the bottom of a generic PS5 trailer which they probably forgot was even there.

People need to stop getting their hopes up over these tiny things. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Yeah, this is probably just another breakdown in communication between the marketing teams due to working from home.

That said, they did say it was a "dynamic and changing situation," so... it all depends on the pandemic itself. Especially since vaccines are (albeit slowly) rolling out in Japan.

I just discovered this thread, and it’s hilarious how many people are patting themselves on the back for “calling it” that this game would be delayed. I think everyone knew it wasn’t coming out in 2021, but they wanted it so badly that they ignored reason. To anyone waiting, I have played every GT game and I can tell you that ACC provides better “racing” than anything we have ever seen in GT. It’s well worth it if you have a next gen console.

How?

GT7 is not coming in 2021 as a surprise release any more than it was going to be a surprise release in 2020.
It was going to come out in 2021, but Covid-19 put the stop to that from ever happening.

We now PD for many years, nothing is a surprise anymore regarding their delays on their games.... GT5 delay time here we go again.... Just hoping that the game will be more polished and complete and not rushed as GT5 was (and without the stupid standard cars of GT5/GT6)

Back